Rose d'Été by Les Parfums de Rosine

Rose d'Été is a perfume by Les Parfums de Rosine for women and was released in 1998. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Galbanum, Apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesYellow rose, Linden blossom, Lotus, Mimosa
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrette, Musk

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 05.02.2019.

2.5 5.0 7.0/10

Jbells
Cut grass with rose water
Rose d'ete is a very green rose. Right from the beginning, I am reminded of the smell of cut grass. It's sweet with a hint of sour like a good tart green apple. Rose takes a while to come through, and when it does, it's very gentle and unassuming.

This doesn't develop very much on me, but along the way, it does get a little more floral as the other notes pop up and they all share the stage. The mimosa is particularly noticeable, and there's something slightly earthy about this too, as if you popped your nose right next to the ground to sniff the grass and flowers there. It's just very natural and is, quite simply, the smell of nature.

It's a very pretty scent, suited for warm weather because it's so light and happy, but it sits much too close to the skin on me. I am rather underwhelmed by this, and I definitely expected a bit more out of it. Otherwise, it's actually a lovely little thing.
10.0 5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Sunny, summer rose
Rose d’éte is a lovely rose composition filled with summer, sunshine and joy. I can almost hear insects buzzing over pale yellow rose bushes and sunshine on my face as I enjoy this innocent and slightly sweet fragrance. The rose in this scent is not capricious and pampered queen but rather a simple but beautiful young girl who loves spending time outdoors looking after the gardens and enjoying the nature.

The opening at first is very natural green apple and bergamot but as soon as the scent settles on the skin I smell galbanum with its green and earthy aroma. The galbanum is not overpowering but it adds a nice kick to the top and heart notes. The scent transforms into gorgeous heart notes of rose, linden flowers and mimosa. The linden flowers add sweet aroma and freshness. I detect fair bit of mimosa in this fragrance with its sweet, fluffy and innocent aroma. I love mimosa and I think it is combined quite well with the rose and linden blossoms in this fragrance. The dry down is a soft floral musk that stays light and close to the skin. The sillage is medium but longevity is fine (at least 8 hours).

I have to admit that I am quite smitten with Rose d’ete. This charming fragrance definitely won my heart with its fresh and natural composition. It managed to capture the spirit of the summer with its sunshine, gorgeous flowers and blue sky. I will definitely wear this joyful and graceful fragrance in spring.
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

A Smooth and Friendly Sweet Rose
Les Parfums de Rosine ROSE D'ETE is a scrumptious BVLGARI POUR FEMME-like sweet rose-cum-mimosa composition to my nose. In fact, at several points during my wearing of this sample today I find myself thinking about the Bvlgari composition. Come to think of it, I really should do a side-by-side...

Okay I'm back. BVLGARI POUR FEMME is better, selon mon nez, than ROSE D'ETE. It's richer and resiny and, above all, it boasts violet! But I did enjoy wearing ROSE D'ETE, which is a smooth and friendly sweet rose perfume. I find the mimosa much more pronounced than the apple, but I do think that the sweetness of the apple together with the mimosa was what elicited memories of the violet-sweetened BVLGARI POUR FEMME. The big difference comes in the drydown, when ROSE D'ETE manifests a dried grassy quality not at all present in the Bvlgari. All in all, this is a complex and worthy perfume.

Based on what I've sampled so far, I'll definitely continue my travels to through the world of Rosine. Looking forward to many more new and lovely rose encounters!

Sommerrose, frisch und leicht
by Sherapop
by Sherapop
by Nicolsche
by Nicolsche

Popular Les Parfums de Rosine

Rose Kashmirie (Eau de Parfum) by Les Parfums de Rosine Un Zest de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Été by Les Parfums de Rosine Rosissimo (Eau de Parfum) by Les Parfums de Rosine Secrets de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Rose Praliné by Les Parfums de Rosine Vive la Mariée by Les Parfums de Rosine La Rose de Rosine by Les Parfums de Rosine Roseberry by Les Parfums de Rosine Diabolo Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Clair Matin by Les Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Amour by Les Parfums de Rosine Twill Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Rosa Flamenca by Les Parfums de Rosine Une Folie de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Homme by Les Parfums de Rosine Ecume de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Une Rose au Bord de la Mer by Les Parfums de Rosine Poussière de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Majalis by Les Parfums de Rosine