Un Zest de Rose 2002

Un Zest de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine
Un Zest de Rose is a popular perfume by Les Parfums de Rosine for women and was released in 2002. The scent is floral-citrusy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
May roseMay rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
MatéMaté
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 19.09.2021.

Strange dark beauty
Got a bottling of this beautiful fragrance from a dear perfumer. First I should perhaps mention that I'm actually not a big fan of fragrances with prominent rose.
But I felt my way gradually. So not sprayed and immediately rated. The beginning was a bit bumpy. The fragrance was new and unusual for me and seemed a little too strict and too dark. But I always let considerable time pass until I dared a new attempt.
Finally ... today is the day.
"Zest de Rose" has managed to capture me and I'm ready for a review.

Now, even in the beginning, I notice not only rose, but also a pleasant citrusy freshness. But already the rose combines with the tea and amber, because the top note is only of short duration and passes immediately into the heart note and almost also into the base, becomes more delicate and minimally sweet by the jasmine, which, however, according to my nose can only be present homeopathically, as well as the listed musk. The rose remains very prominent, darkly tart through amber and the tea. Since top note, heart note and base quickly merge into each other, you could almost call it linear.

Conclusion: citrus at the beginning I perceive properly only when I spray generously. The fragrance I find exceptional and beautiful, but would have liked that the freshness would have lasted longer, albeit becoming less. The rose remains dark for me, but now seems friendlier to me, since it has become a good acquaintance and I do not rule out that it becomes more, namely now and then a good friend at my side.

This fragrance deserves time to become familiar with it. Now I find it really nice and it is something I never had before. I keep sniffing it on my wrist. On my skin, however, it quickly becomes close to my body. After all, what remains is very pleasant.
Fresh, happy, fine!
Citrus scents are usually very popular, both in niche and mainstream, because they are familiar, fresh and fruity. Clean, clean, summery...
I, on the other hand, have never been a fan of this scent. Citrus quickly develops sweat on my skin, besides, the scents do not last long and I found them mostly boring. So there was no citrus scent among my favourites for miles around, but there were more green favourites.

Then came the day when I discovered the Parfums de Rosine line in a perfumery. I automatically reached for the bottle with the green cord, sprayed and was then enchanted by Un Zest de Rose. I smelled everything at once: lemon sorbet with green fresh tea, rose and a touch of cool jasmine. The fragrances were all rounded and beautifully combined. The bottle was allowed to go straight away and was the only representative of this fresh direction in my collection for a long time
I find Un Zest de Rose to be coherent and cheerful, it is great in the summer, but also at any other time of year and manages to wake me up in the morning. So uncomplicated! It is suitable for the office, super long lasting on my skin and beautifully citric green.

The fragrance is not a 10-star work for me, but somehow it doesn't have to be. I have so often thought about which fragrance in my collection is most likely to move out (to make room for something new, you know that...) and I always thought of Un Zest de Rose first. Because it lacks depth, there are some similar perfumes and it's "fresh" first and foremost. Every time I put Un Zest on and change my mind - it's not allowed to move out, it's just too fine!
2.5

Uncomplicated lemony rose
A fresh rose with green overtones coupled with a good touch of lemon. Very naturalistic and simple, very pleasant and fleeting (poor staying-power, alas). For those who look for a light, summery, refreshing kind of rose-scent - much nicer than the latest "Eau de Chloé" (2012), by the way.

Surprisingly Nice Candied Citrus Rind Rose
When your mission statement and goal in life has become to combine rose with every conceivable permutation of all other possible perfume notes, you're going to have to face up to the world of citrus. UN ZEST DE ROSE does just that, with a big dose of yummy candied citrus rind powerful enough to make you forget that you're still romping about one of the many rooms in Rosine's resplendent rose mansion.

I have to confess that when I saw the name, I was a tad bit skeptical: rose citrus? Even the house of Fresh holds back on the citrus in its CANNABIS ROSE, and they have a penchant for citrus that certainly rivals and may even surpass Rosine's obsession with rose. Happily, my skepticism was all for naught in this particular case: UN ZEST DE ROSE is really beautiful, when all is said and sniffed. I was reminded of this perfume during a recent test of Frédéric Malle Bigarade Concentrée, which has a similar overall structure. I imagine that people who like that would like this one as well.

Although the citrus rind (primarily orange, to my nose) strikes me as somewhat candied, the bitterness tempers the sweetness, making this a very pleasant citrus-rose scent in which the rose plays, in the end, only a supporting role. This composition is straightforward and linear, but the components are natural and nice enough to land this unexpected creation on my wishlist. I would recommend UN ZEST DE ROSE to anyone who appreciates a good citrus fragrance, whether or not they usually do rose...

by Ewaerato
by Ewaerato
Ein Körbchen voller Rosen - herrlicher Sommerduft.
by Lilienfeld
by Nicolsche
by Mcgeitner
by Mcgeitner

Popular Les Parfums de Rosine

Rosissimo (Eau de Parfum) by Les Parfums de Rosine Rose Kashmirie (Eau de Parfum) by Les Parfums de Rosine Vive la Mariée by Les Parfums de Rosine La Rose de Rosine by Les Parfums de Rosine Secrets de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Été (Eau de Parfum) by Les Parfums de Rosine Rose Praliné by Les Parfums de Rosine Vanille Paradoxe by Les Parfums de Rosine Rose Nue by Les Parfums de Rosine Poussière de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Le Muguet de Rosine (2015) by Les Parfums de Rosine Clair Matin by Les Parfums de Rosine Une Rose au Bord de la Mer by Les Parfums de Rosine La Rose de Rosine Rose Extrême by Les Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Amour by Les Parfums de Rosine Une Folie de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine Majalis by Les Parfums de Rosine Eloge du Vert by Les Parfums de Rosine Rosa Flamenca by Les Parfums de Rosine Twill Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine