Musc Blanc by Les Senteurs Gourmandes

Musc Blanc is a perfume by Les Senteurs Gourmandes for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is powdery-fresh. It is being marketed by Parfums par Nature.

Top Notes Top NotesAmbrette
Heart Notes Heart NotesTarragon, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk

Submitted by Antoine, last update on 13.11.2018

5.0 5.0 2.5 6.0/10

Heavy on the Tarragon, Soft on the Skin
This is a easy to wear clean white musk with less body and depth than Jovan White Musk or The Body Shop White Musk but with a unique Tarragon and Ambrette Top that is worth sampling. I adore white musk, in spite of the fact that they are about as popular as Merlot and Chardonnay right now (i.e., not popular at all). I recently discovered my HG White musk to be OSMO's "Musc Bleu" and I am very much in love with my new full bottle of that scent. Comparatively, Musc Blanc by Les Senteurs Gourmandes is a better value for a simple, every day White musk skin scent that is powdery, slightly sweet, delicate and very clean. It never goes sour and is incapable of even the hint of animalic sensuality. This is a scent that is appropriate for any occasion, office, gym, pool party, airport- you name it. The sillage is restrained and it last only about 3-4 hours. Any age group can wear this and although slightly feminine, could make an economically layering base for a Man, as well. Some may find the tarragon a little high pitched and headache inducing at times. Is it swoon worthy, not really. But I don't regret blind buying this one, because it is never wrong.
5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

A simple, slightly sweet, skin scent
Fresh as a baby's bottom is how you will smell, if you choose to don Laurence Dumont Les Senteurs Gourmandes MUSC BLANC. Simple, clean, and very slightly sweet. This is one of the simplest musk compositions I've ever smelled, and I must say that I do not notice the tarragon or the ambrette in this blend at all. Nor do I detect any flowers. No, what I smell is clean, clear musk--almost a "not a perfume" perfume, to be honest.

My only complaint about this likeable, socially acceptable even to perfume haters creation is that the opening salvo of alcohol nearly knocked me out. But I'd say that anyone who is looking specifically for a not at all perfumey clean musk, should give this modestly priced and well-named creation from Laurence Dumont a sniff.

The girl next door
I would describe this fragrance as opposite Jo Malone anything. Musc Blanc is light, warm, and barely there. This is little miss goody two shoes on the block, no pow, no wow, just,"I'm a Lady" ( done in my sexiest southern drawl).

This would be a nice church, meet the parents, or PTA meeting fragrance. It's very inoffensive and soft.

I can see myself layering this fragrance with a sharp floral, something like Violet Blonde. The muskiness is very nice, smooth, velvety but I would need a layer of a wham bam thank you ma'am on top of it because this fine lady is a little too camera shy for me.

by Dolby