Tendre Madeleine

Tendre Madeleine by Les Senteurs Gourmandes

Tendre Madeleine is a popular perfume by Les Senteurs Gourmandes for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is being marketed by Parfums par Nature.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAlmond
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Antoine, last update on 17.07.2020.

Snickerdoodle/L de LL Clone
Long ago I blind purchased L de Lolita Lempicka. At first I disliked it because what I was expecting—something aquatic—and what I sprayed—a baked goods gourmand—were two entirely different things. It took a little time but I grew to love that quirky spiced cookie scent. Fast forward a few years to find me mourning my emptied bottle due to (a.) regular use and (b.) bad bottle design, which led to leakage. I was in the process of moving when I’d wrapped up my one-third full bottle and packed it away. When I unpacked I found the box it was packed in smelled delightful and my bottle was dry as a bone. I nearly cried and turned to the internet for solace. I was rudely surprised to find that quirky scent was discontinued. Alas, I was left to find a suitable replacement.

Tendre Madeleine is as close a clone to L de LL as I could find. This is as much a bakery treat as L de LL but it lacks some of the nuance that made L de LL a cult favorite. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe I can attribute that nuanced next level element to the immortelle, but TM is definitely missing that indefinable something. Does that mean I don’t love TM? Absolutely not! I really get a kick out of wearing TM, with its snickerdoodle goodness, but that’s all it has to offer. L de LL never forgot it was a perfume; TM doesn’t seem so sure. But, given the prices for L de LL, TM satisfies my baked goods sweet tooth just fine.
Goodies
Let's face it, the fragrance pyramid is a dream.
I absolutely had to test it and bought myself a bottle.

What I find funny is that bergamot is indicated in the top note here.
On the pages, on which I informed myself about this scent, bergamot is nowhere listed.
But it's orange, and that's what I perceive.
At the beginning I perceive a mixture of orange and cinnamon.
He quickly walks towards cake dough with orange and cinnamon.
I read a nice description of this fragrance on the internet:

The memory of the aroma of a sponge cake.
Orange peel with a pinch of bitter almond and vanilla in the base.

And I feel it developed on my skin in the same way.
For me a really nice, warm and tasty Gourmand.
A great fragrance for sweet tooth.

I read now beautifully more often that the smell possesses no good durability.
Personally I always trick with weakening scents ;).
I rub my neck and décolleté first with a little Vaseline (fragrances don't hold so well on dry skin), let it soak in for a few minutes and then spray the fragrance over it That's what I did this morning.
I applied the scent (5x spray) at 6 o'clock and still (after 8 hours) perceive it easily.
With Vaseline it keeps on my skin pretty long.
But I don't think he owns Sillage.
The beast mode is searched here in vain.
I feel him honor as close to the skin.
Or shall we say:
From my sensation, the scent is something to feed yourself :).

Still, I find this scent really beautiful.

Chanelle
When Twix was still called Raider....
Tendre Madeleine was once put to my heart as a Lira-Dupe 2-3 years ago, which resulted in the fragrance being bought and stored for a pleasantly low price. It came to light again during a big move, and when it was so lousy cold this morning at 5.30 a.m. that I wanted to pick up my favourite winter scents, I remembered him.
Yes, oh, my! What happened? Was he already over despite optimal storage? The first spray spread such a heavy sweetness that I could not think of fluffy Magdalenas with the best will in the world, but of a pot of warm Toffifee. The journey through the confectionery shelf was not over yet. Yes, yes, it became cookie, but also buttery. Not a trace of lightness. Only a light lemon note brought freshness and thus salvation from the Werther's-Echte rain.
After about 3.5 hours I still smell intensive caramel cookies with chocolate icing. I'm going to get some fresh air so I don't smell any more....
Ambedo
In the Christmas bakery...
"Tendre Madeleine" opens with an interesting, sweet, citric and spicy (cinnamon-?) head, which holds on to my skin for some time and tickles the nose positively. After some time it gives way to a very intense sweet mixture of almond and vanilla, whereby the vanilla reminds me somehow more of vanillin. In this rather long phase I find the fragrance very pleasant and "cuddly" on my skin; however, the strong, synthetic sweetness drifts into the unpleasant shrillness of my nose. TM is basically a beautiful, warm yellow for me, but in this phase it occasionally oscillates to a squeaky canary yellow. Many hours later (this scent stays on my skin until the following day) the perfume has turned into a simple, soft vanilla, similar perhaps to the scent of a good vanilla scented candle.
The quality of the fragrance I feel, especially considering its price, as high, the shelf life is enormous, the Sillage moderate to strong.
TM has similarities to its fragrance twin "L" by Lolita Lempicka, especially in its gourmand notes. In this respect he captures exactly what I like about "L", the mixture of vanilla, cinnamon and citrus, very beautifully and makes it the sole protagonist. The non-gourmanden notes, which make "L" something very special for me, are missing here, though. So, thanks to the citric chords, it's still an interesting gourmand scent for me, but altogether none with a particularly striking character.
In its beginning TM also reminds me of Frédéric Malles "Musc Ravageur". In the further course Tendre Madeleine remains however throughout a more or less loud Gourmand, while with MR for me a soft musk comes into the foreground.
I think it is possible to wear the fragrance in everyday life, even if it is more in your free time. Especially when staying longer in small rooms with several people I would be careful with this scent, has headache potential for me definitely.
My conclusion: A nice gourmand, which gets an interesting aftertaste by spice and citrus notes, but for me also crosses the fine line to nervousness. More homey Christmas bakery than confectionery. Nevertheless a cosy scent, in which you can cuddle up on a free day.
A normal winter
The scents of Les Senteurs Gourmandes haven't appealed so much to me so far, so I keep pressing myself to test the few samples I still have here.

That doesn't mean that the scents are bad, but for me there is always something missing, something special to think about: Oh, he smells very nice or nicer than an average scent.

But, as you know (to your regret :DD) I have to add my mustard to almost everything, so I tried this scent here too. And,... although the fragrance hasn't become a big hit now, it has become quite nice!

The fragrance:
The scent doesn't even start that bad! One briefly smells a bergamot that comes across as slightly spicy, but above all the top note is dominated by slightly sweet cinnamon. The somewhat bitter note, which one still smells, could perhaps come from the almond, I don't know...
You can also already smell the vanilla, which "cooperates" very well with the cinnamon.
And also later one smells mainly cinnamon vanilla almond, whereby the almond is in my opinion the weaker smell of this trio. After a few hours you can almost smell the vanilla again, possibly with a slightly woody base. But the scent smells nice.

The Sillage and Durability:
Winter scents generally have stronger radiations, and the scent here is no different. It radiates quite well over a longer period of time, even if it does not necessarily fill the room.
The shelf life, on the other hand, is quite good and can certainly be smelt for 14 - 16 hours. Applied a little thicker, it can also be perceived weakly the next morning.

The bottle:
The bottle is simple and cylindrical. The glass bottom is thick, in the middle has been attached a square label with the name of the fragrance and is finished with a black lid. As I said, a little simple, but okay. Reminiscent of the Heeley flacons, by the way.

Okay, that smell of LSG (yes, it sounds like LSD..., you thought so, didn't you? Yeah, yeah, yeah.... ) is one of the better fragrances of this brand. It smells very wintery, almost christmasy and should please just cinnamon and vanilla lovers quite much. But apart from that he is not very special (for me at least), which is not bad, because he smells quite nice, but I wanted to say that there are a lot of similar smelling scents.

You may suspect it, but I'll mention it again: Tendre Madeleine is a winter scent that can be used both for leisure and for going out. Now that it's gradually getting cooler again, you could use such fragrances now... because unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to get warm again. So you have to put away your miniskirts for this year *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* *sigh*
And yes, I know I'm incorrigible... D

I bet you all like the fragrance much better, because it smells too much like vanilla (and no more) for me, especially at the end, and I can therefore "start a little less" with the fragrance. I like vanilla, especially with the ladies, but I don't have to wear it so much myself, even if the vanilla should smell delicious and I would like to be biteable :D
But no cheap vanilla
Here again my comment, this time also about the right scent ;-)
The ''wrong'' was moved to the matching perfume, Unknown Pleasures. I gotta say, TM comes off a lot better in comparison. After application, again just a spray, a short intensive scent of cotton candy, I immediately had childhood memories of frequent visits to the carnival with my grandma, who always sponsored us grandchildren with lots of cotton candy. Afterwards I notice caramelized sugar, unfortunately not almond, then already the development towards musk, warm and pleasant with a nice vanilla cinnamon note, which stays with me throughout, at first almost too intense, but after a while it levels off at a level that doesn't annoy me, not even in any way cheap or synthetic. At the very end there is something slightly woody underneath, but only slightly and noticeable in the background.
I don't find this basis bad, but also with this perfume my personal assessment, there is delicious vanilla for me. The durability is gigantic, 1 spray applied to the back of the hand around 1 pm, 23 pm still perceptible despite repeated hand washing (I changed wheels today, after that I had to clean my hands thoroughly). All in all a nice, cuddly perfume, where the dosage is probably the same, too much applied it could be annoying, so the filling will last me a long time, it is not a candidate for me.

by Kissa72
by Vanillander
by Delidazo87
by Delidazo87

Popular Les Senteurs Gourmandes

Vanille Noire by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille de La Réunion / Vanille Bourbon by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Violette by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Rose Oud by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Amande Fleurie by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Patchouli by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Figue Sauvage by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Café Tonka by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Black Oud by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Orientale by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Pamplemousse by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Amber Oud by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Incense Oud by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Frangipanier by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Chocolat by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Prune Jasmin by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Blossom Oud by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Framboise by Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Abricot by Les Senteurs Gourmandes