Tendre Madeleine by Les Senteurs Gourmandes

Exciter76
19.02.2020 - 06:59 AM
Very helpful Review

Snickerdoodle/L de LL Clone

Long ago I blind purchased L de Lolita Lempicka. At first I disliked it because what I was expecting—something aquatic—and what I sprayed—a baked goods gourmand—were two entirely different things. It took a little time but I grew to love that quirky spiced cookie scent. Fast forward a few years to find me mourning my emptied bottle due to (a.) regular use and (b.) bad bottle design, which led to leakage. I was in the process of moving when I’d wrapped up my one-third full bottle and packed it away. When I unpacked I found the box it was packed in smelled delightful and my bottle was dry as a bone. I nearly cried and turned to the internet for solace. I was rudely surprised to find that quirky scent was discontinued. Alas, I was left to find a suitable replacement.

Tendre Madeleine is as close a clone to L de LL as I could find. This is as much a bakery treat as L de LL but it lacks some of the nuance that made L de LL a cult favorite. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe I can attribute that nuanced next level element to the immortelle, but TM is definitely missing that indefinable something. Does that mean I don’t love TM? Absolutely not! I really get a kick out of wearing TM, with its snickerdoodle goodness, but that’s all it has to offer. L de LL never forgot it was a perfume; TM doesn’t seem so sure. But, given the prices for L de LL, TM satisfies my baked goods sweet tooth just fine.

Latest Reviews

Exciter76Exciter76 1 year ago
Holiday 2013 - Gimel a Break - Smell Bent

Holiday 2013 - Gimel a Break Honey As Found In Nature, Not The Supermarket
Fragrance aficionados have been mourning the discontinuation of this unusual honey scent, even without the benefit of trying it. They lament the inability to experience the sweetness of honey as found in our kitchen...

Exciter76Exciter76 3 years ago
I Love New York for Her - Bond No. 9

I Love New York for Her Opening: 1980s toys | Drydown: Grown up fruitchouli
There is this crazy contradictory thing that happens here in the online perfume community: either people are seeking out artificially fruity scents that recall childhood relics or they’re seeking authenticity...