Chalou Gold 2008

Chalou Gold by Lidl
Chalou Gold is a perfume by Lidl for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Submitted by Hasi, last update on 29.11.2020.

0.5
Sternanis
Cucumber nightmare with apricot hair treatment in the greenhouse
After sneaking around this perfume at Lidl for a while and never having a tester, I just bought it. I like the Madame Glamour very much, and the comments here have given me hope for something J'Adore-like, which maybe smells a bit softer and more flowery
Nobody mentioned cucumber smell, and J'Adore has, as far as I can remember (and I mean to have a relatively good smell memory), no cucumber notes either.
But Chalou smells like cucumber for the first half hour (with a megasillage, the whole living room smells like cucumber!), and then the smell changes between cucumber, rose and plastic peach shower gel for another half hour.
As soon as the cucumbering is over, the Sillage is unfortunately so weak that the floral notes are really only perceptible if I keep my nose clean, and even then they are still covered by this artificial peach-apricot scent (the good old "peach lactone" - this is exactly the same aroma that 80% of all care products for dry skin feel like smelling of, and the reason why nobody in kindergarten wanted to eat the apricot yoghurt. And for the fact that most people can't tell peach and apricot aromas apart). Well, the note also appears in the original - but by far not so penetrating, and with J'Adore there are still a few more flowery scents in it, which I can't exactly recall from my head, but I know that they are missing here.
After about 3 hours the fruit spout is mostly over, and it remains a not unpleasant, but very weak and slightly synthetic sandalwood finish with a rest of flowers, especially rose, and vanilla. The plastic peach is still there, but now it blends into the other scents. Reminds me of some hand cream, I think one with marigolds, with a little corner D&G - The One. So it would be a decent scent if you could smell it without holding your nose directly in
So if you want to smell a good three-quarters of an hour of cucumber for a little money and then 3 hours of Schauma 7-Blüten-Haarkur / Garnier children's shampoo / Kürzenprotein-Haarspülung wheat protein hair rinse, this is the best service.
Unfortunately, I associate this special fragrance with hair colour, as the peach aroma is preferentially used to mask the ammonia odour. As a perfume I find that strange (but also as a wine gum) and somehow... shabby? But apparently many feel the smell as "cultivated" - for me it's one of those scents that you think you can taste on your tongue after a while, as if you had licked soap.
All in all I have the impression of humid, humid air. Something between garden center and shower cubicle.

As a J'Adore replacement, I don't think it's any good at all. It doesn't last very long either, and the jasmine note, which was actually the reason for me to make friends with J'Adore, is hardly there and is completely killed by cucumber and peach. The whole thing reminds me more of "Sunflowers" by Arden.
I find it to be an unpleasant, artificial and cheap fragrance in its own right. I'm not really a snob, but this smells like a kid's shampoo, not a perfume.
Only the base is fine, but also quite weak.
After all, Chalou Gold, like the other Lidl perfumes I've tested so far, doesn't have this cheap fragrance-typical denatured alcohol note that some La Rives and co have. I would probably find them less bad than the cucumbers at the beginning.
Well, I've spent more money just testing a scent before.

Compliment Getter
Yes, that's true. It's the second time people ask me what my perfume is while I'm wearing Chalou Gold by Lidl, which is pretty much a dupe after Dior's Jadore, and a successful one at that.

I am slightly upset and a bit offended since actually I don't get compliments with many other perfumes however expensive they may be... but the truth is yes here; apparently Chalou smells *good* on me.

Recommended!

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A low budget fragrance well done, inspired to "J'adore" by Dior but more evanescent. It smells of White flowers with sweet notes

by Klopfnote
by Klopfnote
Chalou Gold in herabgefallenen Blüten
by Stanze
by Hermessenz
by Hermessenz

Popular Lidl

Suddenly Madame Glamour by Lidl Suddenly Woman I by Lidl G. Bellini X-Bolt by Lidl Suddenly Diamonds by Lidl G. Bellini N°1 by Lidl Essence Acqua Fresh by G. Bellini by Lidl Keshi - Sweet Sugar by Lidl Luxury - My Story by Lidl Suddenly Summer by Lidl Keshi - Precious Ruby by Lidl Suddenly Fleur by Lidl Luxury - Gleam by Lidl Chalou Blau by Lidl Keshi - Treasure Forever by Lidl Keshi - Diamond River by Lidl Luxury - My Pretty by Lidl Five Pocket Jeans for Him by Lidl Keshi - Rebellious Glam by Lidl Keshi - Miss Romantic by Lidl Keshi - Oui, Chérie! by Lidl