G. Bellini - X-Bolt 2012

G. Bellini - X-Bolt by Lidl
G. Bellini - X-Bolt is a perfume by Lidl for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesLemonLemon
LimeLime
TarragonTarragon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAppleApple
Floral notesFloral notes
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
Woody notesWoody notes
Balsamic notesBalsamic notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.08.2021.

Boss Bottled for small money
For a long time I didn't pay attention to it, because I couldn't imagine coming across a really good fragrance on the Lidl shelf. This was obviously extremely conceited of me, especially since I have always liked to use the shower gels from G.Bellini.

After I had read about the allegedly so good Dupe of one of my absolute favorites, Boss Bottled, I had to test it:

Right from the start he is very similar to Boss Bottled. The prelude is a little more citric. Where the Bottled puts the fruit in the foreground, the x-bolt does it with citrus.

After 1.5 hours I notice a slightly weaker silage than with the Bottled. Maybe you just have to dose it higher, which is completely ok at that price.
Despite the completely different DNA, the dupe is excellent. I think the Dupe from La Rive (Grey Point) is very good, but this one tops it again. That surprised me very much.
For comparison I had the Bottled on my other arm during the test. And after about 2 hours I had problems to keep them apart myself. If you smell it exactly, you can still see the stronger citrus focus of the x-bolt in contrast to the fruit focus of the boss. But I dare to say that the general public will not notice that.

It can be perfectly combined with the Boss Bottled. Especially if you like to wear the Boss as an everyday and office fragrance, it can be used very well here.

X-bolt is a tough competitor for Boss Bottled, but I still can't knock him off the Tron. Durability and silage as well as fine scent nuances are weaker. Nevertheless, a big praise. The x-bolt is definitely an even better dupe of Boss Bottled than the Grey Point from La Rive.

Bargain Boss Bottled
This fragrance is actually better than I expected.
It smells so nice!
In the opening I get lots of lavender for some reason, maybe it's just me.
After a while, the scent turns 180°, apple and cinnamon start to appear and I also smell some vanilla as well.

Very masculine, delicate and versatile, you can rock this in any season.
Longevity is about 5-6 hours and it projects for an hour, then it is going to sit close to the skin.

For less than 5€, I heavily recommend this fragrance, you just can't go wrong with this.
I don't need Boss Bottled now ^^
Buff
G. Bellini X-Bolt - Fragrance twin?
Because I liked Boss Bottled very much in former times and here in the forum the Lidl scent was called as scent twin, I got myself once G. Bellini X-Bolt. In the first few seconds it actually smells like Boss Bottled. It flies away very quickly. What remains for me is a very unpleasant, cheap, chemical smell that I cannot determine. So it has nothing to do with the natural ingredients of Boss Bottled. Especially since the scent is hardly perceptible after half an hour. Absolutely no scent twinning for me. In my opinion this X-Bolt is not worth 5 Euro

Very Good Boss Bottled Clone
This smells very close to Boss Bottled. It has moderate projection and average longevity of about 6 hours. €4 for 50ml, great value. Appears sporadically in Lidl so buy a couple when you can!

Elysium
You know what? They smell alike!
Yesterday I went to LIDL and blindly bought my X-Bolt bottle, given that I never tested Boss Bottled and I was really curious to know what the smell was. As I left the shop, I sprayed it over my hand... I immediately fell in love with it, definitely. I allowed it some time to melt with my skin and notes of crisp green apple, spicy cinnamon, and sweet vanilla started flooding my nose.

Well, this evening I entered Sephora shop and tested Boss Bottled. Surprise, surprise... they smell alike! Not yet convinced about that, once I reached home I sprayed X-Bolt on the other hand and... I am not able to find a difference between the two. Trust me, X-Bolt is as good as Boss Bottled, I just spent 3.99 euro rather than 49 euro.

My last take on this... it is clearly apparent that this scent was produced for the purpose of daytime wear. Overall, the fragrance is clean and sweet from top to bottom. I detected faint traces of vanilla after the quick burst of apple began to settle down, blended with spicy cinnamon... a kind of like American apple pie!

Extremely light, the X-Bolt is great for an office environment because the scent is fairly subtle. So subtle in fact, a gentleman might forget he is wearing it. The longevity is moderate; possible lasting a conventional workday, but not much longer thereafter. The sillage stays around your arms. To me this is wearable during the cool and cold season, autumn seems to be a perfect time.

-Elysium

HugoMontezHugoMontez 8 months ago
Boss Bottled for less than 10€. The quality is better than many Zara's. Good alternative for someone not into this hobby that like BB. 3/5
JohnDorian1JohnDorian1 2 years ago
I don't know Boss bottled. Fresh at first, then comes apple and vanilla. It's inoffensive and not too sweet, a bit generic. Low performance
ElqwertyElqwerty 3 years ago
In the begin when this parfume pops off I didn't like it, but after a while I caught myself enjoying the smell. You need to give it time.
ElysiumElysium 6 years ago
Meant for daytime wear, it’s clean, sweet, great for office. I detected vanilla after the quick burst of apple. The longevity is moderate.

Der praktische Mann
by Kevolt
by UWelling
by UWelling

Popular Lidl

Suddenly Madame Glamour by Lidl Suddenly Woman I by Lidl Chalou (Gold) by Lidl Suddenly Diamonds by Lidl Essence Acqua Fresh by G. Bellini by Lidl Suddenly Fragrances - Chalou by Lidl G. Bellini - N°1 by Lidl G.Bellini - Homme by Lidl Suddenly Summer by Lidl Keshi - Diamond River by Lidl Keshi - Sweet Sugar by Lidl Essence Dark Blue by G. Bellini by Lidl Luxury - My Story by Lidl G. Bellini - Deep by Lidl Keshi - Precious Ruby by Lidl Suddenly Fleur by Lidl Luxury - Gleam by Lidl Chalou (Blau) by Lidl Keshi - Treasure Forever by Lidl Luxury - My Pretty by Lidl