Suddenly Madame Glamour (2011)

Suddenly Madame Glamour by Lidl

Suddenly Madame Glamour is a perfume by Lidl for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Bergamot, Floral notes, Jasmine, Citric notes

Submitted by Estate, last update on 22.05.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Sternanis
No "little sister," more like a younger distant cousin.
The hype about the "perfect dupe" to Coco Mademoiselle is clearly wrong for Madame.
There are expectations that a Dupe can never fulfill (at least I don't know of any that are 100% the same), CM fans are lured with the prospect of a bargain, while those who don't quite get along with Mademoiselle (but already with the rough direction) might be deterred.
Therefore I would like to write here from the point of view of the latter.

Madame Glamour starts out much more citrical than Mademoiselle - a spicy bergamot lemon note (the lemon is not in Chanel, I think) and light, bitter grapefruit. It's a matter of taste, interestingly enough such a start is not resented by many expensive time-honoured perfumes. Here already, because Lidl and cheap. You would expect more :P
I personally like this tingling, fresh sharpness, which sets after 2-3 seconds.
Like a bottle of soda that is just opened and small droplets hiss towards the nose.
But I don't think it's so really pungent, the scent is not strong enough for that. Unless you spray it in the nose ^^
I'm not much of a citrus fan except for grapefruit. But it smells a little flowery. Bergamot is a matter of habituation, in the first moment always mean, hatschi, but then comes out a pleasantly bitter freshness, which no other fruit can do. Just when it's a little colder, these citrus notes last surprisingly long.
The initially yellow grapefruit becomes pinker and pinker over time, until the fragrance ends up in a kind of fanta pink grapefruit chord. This is also available at CM, but Madame still has more citrus fruits in stock, and the impression is slightly more fruity and less "smooth". The scent changes before my nose between floral and fruity, with a softer orange-tangerine note, looks more changeable and difficult to define (rose? orange! But not? Ah, rose), where Mademoiselle is rather straightforward and clearly jasmine. Which one finds better of it, is again a matter of taste here (the jasmine note with CM I find however more successful!).
In this respect I actually like both - but from then on the Chanel becomes unpleasant for me.

Mademoiselle has an olfactory stick in the A..., a kind of leaded wood note like a heavy wall unit in a room that is rarely ventilated. I suspect that it is a "light" patchouli distilled to death, fractionated and filtered, a single note of it permanently booming in the background, which I feel into the sinuses and which makes the scent somehow stilted (and perhaps "elegant" from the parallel universe). On top of it there is also a small, pungent, sweaty synthetic note, which I know mostly from men's fragrances (One Million, Invictus and a thousand others), and which often makes me sick of it. This note is often missing in cheap dupes of the respective fragrances and is probably expensive or patented. But I still don't like them ^^
Madame is looser on it and instead has a slightly different, somehow showery wood note (if someone still knows the old purple shower gel from Lidl, "Red Summer" or something similar, there was also in it), which I also can't assign 100% (which smells more like patchouli components) - but which doesn't shout so loudly "here's my perfume! Maybe even a little more athletic. Whereby I notice, Madame and Mademoiselle could actually change the names ;)
In the base, which unfortunately starts earlier with Madame Glamour (I would like to have another Fanta, please), things continue similarly. Madame Glamour is just a little more showery - but also a little more vanilla, with a little more musk, although I don't find this at all a heavy sweetness here, probably because of the slightly soapy shower gel impression - and with Mademoiselle this wall unit still resonates. And towards the end a little more cinnamon, which in the combination gives me the impression of a somewhat stale spice cabinet. But it is not really oriental, rather a bit subliminally old-fashioned.

The Lidl version has more citrus and thus a slightly spicy, tingling / fresh spiciness, which I find very pleasant and which directly makes the fragrance appear less severe and bland (an impression I unfortunately have with some Chanel fragrances). Also a bit more suitable for summer. With Chanel I always have the feeling of sniffing in a strange cupboard without permission. This one fits much better in mine ;)
With Mademoiselle you actually notice that the fragrance is more expensive. All corners and edges were ironed out highly professionally and probably with expensive means, with the EdP even more than with the EdT. But that's exactly what I don't like about it.

So far Suddenly Madame Glamour is the only Lidl fragrance that convinced me to some extent (X-Bolt made it to a "quite ok", the rest I found terrible). Even if I use it rather rarely, I hope that it will never be stopped, Chanel is no alternative.

Who doesn't share my strange preference for this kind of grapefruit-limo notes and absolutely wants to smell of Chanel and money is wrong here.

P.S.: My older bottle (from 2015) smells exactly the same as the new one, except for the unfortunately already somewhat stale top notes. I have tested Coco Mademoiselle several times, the EdT and the EdP (The EdT is more similar, as already mentioned here). That still smells the same as I've known it from several girlfriends for years.
By the way, I don't find it cucumbery at all, and I'm quite sensitive there (e.g. at Chalou Gold)
4.0 8.0 10.0 4.5/10

Organic cucumber shrink-wrapped
Whenever I shop at Lidl, I want to kick Jesper Høyer in front of his shinbone. Or is he not responsible for purchasing at all? Well, it doesn't matter, he's going to be replaced soon anyway.

I mean, it's great that there are so many organic products there, but why on earth are there organic cucumbers wrapped in plastic foil? I always have this fundamental conflict of conscience there. The right hand oscillates between the plastic-free conventional cucumber on the one hand and the organic version on the other, of which I know that her plastic dress will leave a moral sour taste on the tongue. (yes, I know, I have to take off the foil first... I meant it symbolically.) Pestilence or cholera.
I still go there sometimes, because then I can provide the big family with one blow all around, with the basal products of daily life.
Even myself! Because Lidl! Has! One! Perfume department!!!
Check it out!
Granted a not very...uh...spacious, but hey! It's about all-round care and primary primary care. From the crown to the sole, from the inside to the outside - you can stock up here with all the means of your daily needs and don't need to go to any other shop. Even fragrances can be found here. Theoretically.
Because I think a little sensuality is also part of buying perfume. Buying perfume from Lidl, putting it ice cold next to the minced beef... well, I don't know. Unfortunately, I also have a distinct pragmatic side, dear saving, arithmetic, accounting. Suddenly-Madame Glamour' was his reputation, his Sillage, far ahead. Everybody's got it, everybody knows it. "You know what?" "Insider tip!" "Smells like...
All right, the few euros, I'll take a look.
(Please buckle up, I'll get to the point now! Who holds it out to the end, may itself what wish )
The name Madame Glamour sounds a bit closer to the people than the French-elegant 'Mademoiselle', at least in Germany, where a 'Madame' does not exactly evoke a graceful or elegant appearance. So maybe the name fits quite well to the clientele (yes, I buy there, too). I mean normal people and not ethereal supermodels). 'Glamour'...my eyes wander left to the gossip and gossip magazines.
The pink-golden lettering and the colour of the liquid.....all reminiscences of the twins grown up in better conditions.
From Mademoiselle Coco I once had a mini, which had fallen from my cupboard oh oh! oh weh! and smashed on the floor, giving us a heavenly scented doormat for weeks. That was a wonderful time, because I love this fragrance, the somewhat biting top note (controversial) admittedly not so much, but the beautiful warm smoky base on floral-light rose and jasmine sorbet.
So, expectantly, I sprayed Madame Glamour on my wrist. (Of course I still held the cucumber firmly in my hand, after all it hadn't been an easy decision.)

Top note: actually as an injection of citric acid with pesticide into the nose. Inspired by this I do another round with the household cleaners to let the heart note unfold. Actually, it's blooming. But how!
I imagine Jesper Høyer in his lab coat in Lidl's backstage area grabbing a canister with 'flowers' on it and pouring a good portion of it into his own master-proper derivative ('Monsieur Glamour'). A short sniffer, look at the wristwatch (promotional item, please stock up). Oh dear, already 12:30! Dates! Dates! And the fragrance still lacks the base note!! That reminds him of the little bags with the vanilla sugar. Quickly a few thousand ripped open, let it trickle in ---et voilà! Madame Glamour is ready! The bottles cost 0,01€ in China, a little bit expensive, but what the hell, it should also be a luxury product.
In this flower and vanilla component the fragrance then stops. Over hours and hours.
For me Madame Glamour is the frozen, somewhat crampy smiling, plastic jewelled wax doll double dressed in polyester silk, a tender, light-footed, flirtatious, elegant, glamorous Audrey Hepburn. At first sight you don't notice anything, but the charm is missing.
Next thought: 5€...
And like so many times with Lidl, I have to make up my mind now. Pestilence or cholera?
(if someone of the fans wants to duel with me now, I'll activate my address.)
5.0 6.0 8.0 5.0/10

Of hope and facts!
In fact, I don't sniff fragrances in discount stores, not because I'm so rich or arrogant, but in the past I've seen that I don't like them or they just run out of air very quickly.

But when I read here last week that this scent could be a "dupe" of the famous Coco Mademoiselle and that I happened to be working in this discounter, I thought, a dupe for € 5,-, that would be brilliant.
So I generously sprayed a load on the sleeve of my denim jacket and yes, it has something of Coco Mademoiselle, but what develops into long lasting elegance with Coco Mad. here is only obtrusively sweet and sticky. I have to wash the jacket first.

Conclusion: I am reassured that it seems to make a difference whether you spend five or eighty euros
1.0 4.0 4.0 5.0/10

Madame Sans-Gêne
Celebrated by some as a "Great Coco M. Dupe", punished by others as a "Coffee party in an old people's home", I finally took Suddenly Madame Glamour in my face.

Suddenly Madame Glamour starts off a bit shrill with a floral, slightly synthetic-fruity note, which becomes rounder and more pleasant (for my nose) after about 10 minutes. Fruity, powdery notes now emerge more strongly, probably due to a musky note. From the scent character I also notice a similarity to Coco Mademoiselle, where I remember the latter as less flowery.

After another 10 minutes I smell a stronger jasmine note, which is quite synthetic. The fruity notes become weaker, but a vanilla nuance now appears stronger.

After about half an hour I notice no further development in the fragrance. A floral-powdery breath remains, carried by vanilla and musk on the skin. A little sterile, quasi pore-deep pure I feel Suddenly Madame Glamour - not unpleasant and yet no fragrance I would like to wear. A similarity to Coco Mademoiselle is present from my point of view, but Suddenly Madame Glamour is rather the well washed bourgeois Madame Sans-Gêne, than a multi-layered Mademoiselle of aristocratic origin.

Conclusion:

Suddenly Madame Glamour is one of the more pleasant fragrances of the drugstore and discounter fragrances I know so far, because the often unpleasant vanilla-sweet plastic note is missing in this fragrance. The durability of Suddenly Madame Glamour on the skin is however rather weak, but with the price the inclined wearer sprays surely gladly after.

3.0 10.0 8.0 1.0/10

Suddenly
Some even exclusively sold, i.e. only still stupid expensive brew, I have already almost outlawed. For example, when (allegedly) terribly expensive "ingredients" were mixed in. But in such a way that a "connoisseur" recognizes them immediately and says "oh" and "ah". If it smells like an allergy test strip, full but completely unrelated, counted, numbered. Stupid stuff.

To be fair, Suddenly isn't a Chanel clone. It's a simple knitted one. The only thing they have in common is the obvious chemical touch, which here becomes a clenched fist. There's 24 more, Faubourg of Hermes. This is supposed to have been something great for the Lady Di(ana). That would be more like a hit (the new version!). Then there's APOM (a piece of me, please check for yourself), and I can't remember why I ever found it so poor?

No common feature is the orbital orbit of orange/floral/balsamic-woody. A powerfully developed Eau De Cologne. A little "cinnamon" is what Orientalism does. The means are so different:

All at once Suddenly enchants the nose, stays the same, then happily stops on a distorted note. Everyday smells are faded out, it grips powerfully all space. I cannot find anything about the sensations promised above, like bergamot etc., with the best will in the world. Nothing is combined to a fragrance.

Only maybe it would be possible to offer alternatives. I would be pleased about appropriate comments. For example I had bought that Faubourg for 20Euro at the flea market - 100ml! Really now ... or the things of Len van Brook (DM, Rossmann), not so bad at all!
4.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Small but oho !
"What costs nothing is nothing!" - suddenly Madame Glamour clearly lies. A truly fresh good mood scent for small money, noble and suitable for many occasions. Even if the bottle looks a bit cheap with its wobbly, sharp-edged metal ring and the ketchup bottle shape in mini version - the scent looks noble and expressive and you don't wear the scent around in the bottle, but spray it on formlessly. It may not be right for the heat, but at normal summer temperatures it is an uncomplicated companion. I like him, all right!
5.0 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Budget Coco Mademoiselle
There's not much that can be said about this that hasn't been said by PBullFriend. Suddenly Madame Glamour (dumb name) is a good smell-alike for Coco Mademoiselle. It doesn't have Chanel longevity on me either, but at £3.99 you can reapply it often. I can get a few more hours if I put a drop of Vitamin E Oil on my skin before I spray this. Anyway, this is a great fragrance for the price, so you might want to give it a sniff.
5.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

low-commitment Coco Mlle.
Thanks to dear MNQ, I recently have gotten to try a variety of perfumes that are available in the UK but not the US, including this one. I'm not surprised that Suddenly Madame Glamour has been compared often to Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle - I'm not sure I could tell the difference in a blindfolded test. But one spray of CM lasts until my next shower, and sometimes longer. SMG, on the other hand, waves a pretty little goodbye after 2-3 hours on me. So I'll treasure this decant for days when I'd enjoy that lovely mandarin-jasmine chord but am not sure I want to spend the next 24 hours with it! Perfect!

Jazzy76 15 months ago
Finally Mademoiselle Coco became an ordinary woman !Light but good scent at 3,99€ What else?
5.0

by AmySourbutts
by Fairycube
by Fairycube

Popular Lidl

Suddenly Madame Glamour by Lidl G. Bellini X-Bolt by Lidl Suddenly Woman I by Lidl Chalou Gold by Lidl G. Bellini N°1 by Lidl Suddenly Diamonds by Lidl Chalou Blau by Lidl Suddenly Summer by Lidl Luxury - My Pretty by Lidl Luxury - Black Woman by Lidl Luxury - Nice Woman by Lidl Luxury - Dear Woman by Lidl Keshi - Treasure Forever by Lidl Keshi - Diamond River by Lidl Keshi - Agua de la Vida by Lidl Suddenly d'Or by Lidl Luxury - Yes Madamme by Lidl Suddenly Fleur by Lidl Style - Inspired by Berlin by Lidl Spirit - Inspired by Berlin by Lidl