Suddenly Madame Glamour 2011

Suddenly Madame Glamour by Lidl
Suddenly Madame Glamour is a perfume by Lidl for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Bergamot, Floral notes, Jasmine, Citrus notes

Submitted by Estate, last update on 01.11.2020.

Classic and Romantic Modernised Chypre Accord
I put it back the first time I tried it because the first few seconds were abysmal. Maybe the tester I picked up was an old one, stale, although strangely I often see several testers available on the shelf, perhaps I got one that has been there for who knows how long. The fragrance grew on me on my way home after shopping. I didn't go back to buy it straight away, undecided if I liked it or not, that annoying opening left me doubtful. Something intrigued me, but something else didn't convince me. Then one day, surfing the internet, I came across an article by bargain expert Martin Lewis, in which he successfully and emphatically compared this cheap perfume to the much more expensive Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. This intrigued me, not so much because of the similarity itself, but because I didn't know the original, and so I decided to give it another chance to find out if this type of fragrance was for me. No sooner said than done. The new redolence right out of the bottle smelled agreeable good when sprayed.

Reviewers have often stated that longevity is modest, but for a 50ml EDP that you can take home for under €5, I'm not worried about longevity. Suddenly Madame Glamor is a high-end clean with a spoonful of patchouli, a warm, non-edgy type of clean on me. Fruity patchouli, or pink patchouli, or pink chypre, as some call this kind of modern accords. Within an hour, it's just soft clean on me, harmless and classy. For those who like to have various fragrances in their drawer with more and less expensive colognes, it is a fragrance that can not miss if you love the most famous perfume, Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.

Suddenly Madame Glamor is style alluring, mysterious, dramatic, expensive, luxurious, complex, seductive, rich. A delightfully fresh composition of citruses and blooms becomes nebulous and sensual with shady woods and foliages. This provides a rich balance of delicate and feminine notes deep masculine notes as this class composition is so distinctive, beautiful and subtle and sophisticated reality for a floral scent.

This is an oriental-floral-gourmand scent, created by mixing a spicy oriental base with fragrant floral notes of rose, jasmine, and ylang-ylang, which is full of aromatic goodness, with the different fractions of the patchouli core standing out from the other notes from the very beginning. As soon as you spray it you feel the freshness due to the southern Italy oranges and bergamot. Something minty and balmy is lingering in the background, the modern and clean patchouli.

The energetic and almost masculine opening blends very quickly with the heart, which develops with a floral note, allowing the drippy rose petals, luxurious jasmine, surprisingly strong orange blossom pungence and ylang-ylang at the heart to flourish.

Finally, it ends with the creamy notes of patchouli, vetiver, vanilla, tonka, and white musk releasing touch of sweetness. This dry woods saltiness backs the juicy fruit salad of the initial stage. Musk is a light, white variety that adds a tiny bit of sexiness on the edges, next to the dab of subtle vanilla playing a background accenting role.

This EDP is everything you expect from a fragrance class. It never becomes overwhelming even if sprayed in abundance, but a moderate use and a possible retouching are all that you need. What is disturbing about this perfume is its persistence: it lasts just a few hours. Ideal for a humid climate, cold, here in Italy prefer to wear it in the dark and gloomy days of autumn. I put it quietly to go to the office routine, it is not ostentatious or bothersome, but often colleagues who cross me tell me that I exhale smells good.

This review bases upon a 50ml (1.7 Fl. oz) I own since October 2019.

-Elysium
Sternanis
No "little sister," more like a younger distant cousin.
The hype about the "perfect dupe" to Coco Mademoiselle is clearly wrong for Madame.
There are expectations that a Dupe can never fulfill (at least I don't know of any that are 100% the same), CM fans are lured with the prospect of a bargain, while those who don't quite get along with Mademoiselle (but already with the rough direction) might be deterred.
Therefore I would like to write here from the point of view of the latter.

Madame Glamour starts out much more citrical than Mademoiselle - a spicy bergamot lemon note (the lemon is not in Chanel, I think) and light, bitter grapefruit. It's a matter of taste, interestingly enough such a start is not resented by many expensive time-honoured perfumes. Here already, because Lidl and cheap. You would expect more :P
I personally like this tingling, fresh sharpness, which sets after 2-3 seconds.
Like a bottle of soda that is just opened and small droplets hiss towards the nose.
But I don't think it's so really pungent, the scent is not strong enough for that. Unless you spray it in the nose ^^
I'm not much of a citrus fan except for grapefruit. But it smells a little flowery. Bergamot is a matter of habituation, in the first moment always mean, hatschi, but then comes out a pleasantly bitter freshness, which no other fruit can do. Just when it's a little colder, these citrus notes last surprisingly long.
The initially yellow grapefruit becomes pinker and pinker over time, until the fragrance ends up in a kind of fanta pink grapefruit chord. This is also available at CM, but Madame still has more citrus fruits in stock, and the impression is slightly more fruity and less "smooth". The scent changes before my nose between floral and fruity, with a softer orange-tangerine note, looks more changeable and difficult to define (rose? orange! But not? Ah, rose), where Mademoiselle is rather straightforward and clearly jasmine. Which one finds better of it, is again a matter of taste here (the jasmine note with CM I find however more successful!).
In this respect I actually like both - but from then on the Chanel becomes unpleasant for me.

Mademoiselle has an olfactory stick in the A..., a kind of leaded wood note like a heavy wall unit in a room that is rarely ventilated. I suspect that it is a "light" patchouli distilled to death, fractionated and filtered, a single note of it permanently booming in the background, which I feel into the sinuses and which makes the scent somehow stilted (and perhaps "elegant" from the parallel universe). On top of it there is also a small, pungent, sweaty synthetic note, which I know mostly from men's fragrances (One Million, Invictus and a thousand others), and which often makes me sick of it. This note is often missing in cheap dupes of the respective fragrances and is probably expensive or patented. But I still don't like them ^^
Madame is looser on it and instead has a slightly different, somehow showery wood note (if someone still knows the old purple shower gel from Lidl, "Red Summer" or something similar, there was also in it), which I also can't assign 100% (which smells more like patchouli components) - but which doesn't shout so loudly "here's my perfume! Maybe even a little more athletic. Whereby I notice, Madame and Mademoiselle could actually change the names ;)
In the base, which unfortunately starts earlier with Madame Glamour (I would like to have another Fanta, please), things continue similarly. Madame Glamour is just a little more showery - but also a little more vanilla, with a little more musk, although I don't find this at all a heavy sweetness here, probably because of the slightly soapy shower gel impression - and with Mademoiselle this wall unit still resonates. And towards the end a little more cinnamon, which in the combination gives me the impression of a somewhat stale spice cabinet. But it is not really oriental, rather a bit subliminally old-fashioned.

The Lidl version has more citrus and thus a slightly spicy, tingling / fresh spiciness, which I find very pleasant and which directly makes the fragrance appear less severe and bland (an impression I unfortunately have with some Chanel fragrances). Also a bit more suitable for summer. With Chanel I always have the feeling of sniffing in a strange cupboard without permission. This one fits much better in mine ;)
With Mademoiselle you actually notice that the fragrance is more expensive. All corners and edges were ironed out highly professionally and probably with expensive means, with the EdP even more than with the EdT. But that's exactly what I don't like about it.

So far Suddenly Madame Glamour is the only Lidl fragrance that convinced me to some extent (X-Bolt made it to a "quite ok", the rest I found terrible). Even if I use it rather rarely, I hope that it will never be stopped, Chanel is no alternative.

Who doesn't share my strange preference for this kind of grapefruit-limo notes and absolutely wants to smell of Chanel and money is wrong here.

P.S.: My older bottle (from 2015) smells exactly the same as the new one, except for the unfortunately already somewhat stale top notes. I have tested Coco Mademoiselle several times, the EdT and the EdP (The EdT is more similar, as already mentioned here). That still smells the same as I've known it from several girlfriends for years.
By the way, I don't find it cucumbery at all, and I'm quite sensitive there (e.g. at Chalou Gold)
4.5
Organic cucumber shrink-wrapped
Whenever I shop at Lidl, I want to kick Jesper Høyer in front of his shinbone. Or is he not responsible for purchasing at all? Well, it doesn't matter, he's going to be replaced soon anyway.

I mean, it's great that there are so many organic products there, but why on earth are there organic cucumbers wrapped in plastic foil? I always have this fundamental conflict of conscience there. The right hand oscillates between the plastic-free conventional cucumber on the one hand and the organic version on the other, of which I know that her plastic dress will leave a moral sour taste on the tongue. (yes, I know, I have to take off the foil first... I meant it symbolically.) Pestilence or cholera.
I still go there sometimes, because then I can provide the big family with one blow all around, with the basal products of daily life.
Even myself! Because Lidl! Has! One! Perfume department!!!
Check it out!
Granted a not very...uh...spacious, but hey! It's about all-round care and primary primary care. From the crown to the sole, from the inside to the outside - you can stock up here with all the means of your daily needs and don't need to go to any other shop. Even fragrances can be found here. Theoretically.
Because I think a little sensuality is also part of buying perfume. Buying perfume from Lidl, putting it ice cold next to the minced beef... well, I don't know. Unfortunately, I also have a distinct pragmatic side, dear saving, arithmetic, accounting. Suddenly-Madame Glamour' was his reputation, his Sillage, far ahead. Everybody's got it, everybody knows it. "You know what?" "Insider tip!" "Smells like...
All right, the few euros, I'll take a look.
(Please buckle up, I'll get to the point now! Who holds it out to the end, may itself what wish )
The name Madame Glamour sounds a bit closer to the people than the French-elegant 'Mademoiselle', at least in Germany, where a 'Madame' does not exactly evoke a graceful or elegant appearance. So maybe the name fits quite well to the clientele (yes, I buy there, too). I mean normal people and not ethereal supermodels). 'Glamour'...my eyes wander left to the gossip and gossip magazines.
The pink-golden lettering and the colour of the liquid.....all reminiscences of the twins grown up in better conditions.
From Mademoiselle Coco I once had a mini, which had fallen from my cupboard oh oh! oh weh! and smashed on the floor, giving us a heavenly scented doormat for weeks. That was a wonderful time, because I love this fragrance, the somewhat biting top note (controversial) admittedly not so much, but the beautiful warm smoky base on floral-light rose and jasmine sorbet.
So, expectantly, I sprayed Madame Glamour on my wrist. (Of course I still held the cucumber firmly in my hand, after all it hadn't been an easy decision.)

Top note: actually as an injection of citric acid with pesticide into the nose. Inspired by this I do another round with the household cleaners to let the heart note unfold. Actually, it's blooming. But how!
I imagine Jesper Høyer in his lab coat in Lidl's backstage area grabbing a canister with 'flowers' on it and pouring a good portion of it into his own master-proper derivative ('Monsieur Glamour'). A short sniffer, look at the wristwatch (promotional item, please stock up). Oh dear, already 12:30! Dates! Dates! And the fragrance still lacks the base note!! That reminds him of the little bags with the vanilla sugar. Quickly a few thousand ripped open, let it trickle in ---et voilà! Madame Glamour is ready! The bottles cost 0,01€ in China, a little bit expensive, but what the hell, it should also be a luxury product.
In this flower and vanilla component the fragrance then stops. Over hours and hours.
For me Madame Glamour is the frozen, somewhat crampy smiling, plastic jewelled wax doll double dressed in polyester silk, a tender, light-footed, flirtatious, elegant, glamorous Audrey Hepburn. At first sight you don't notice anything, but the charm is missing.
Next thought: 5€...
And like so many times with Lidl, I have to make up my mind now. Pestilence or cholera?
(if someone of the fans wants to duel with me now, I'll activate my address.)
Of hope and facts!
In fact, I don't sniff fragrances in discount stores, not because I'm so rich or arrogant, but in the past I've seen that I don't like them or they just run out of air very quickly.

But when I read here last week that this scent could be a "dupe" of the famous Coco Mademoiselle and that I happened to be working in this discounter, I thought, a dupe for € 5,-, that would be brilliant.
So I generously sprayed a load on the sleeve of my denim jacket and yes, it has something of Coco Mademoiselle, but what develops into long lasting elegance with Coco Mad. here is only obtrusively sweet and sticky. I have to wash the jacket first.

Conclusion: I am reassured that it seems to make a difference whether you spend five or eighty euros
Madame Sans-Gêne
Celebrated by some as a "Great Coco M. Dupe", punished by others as a "Coffee party in an old people's home", I finally took Suddenly Madame Glamour in my face.

Suddenly Madame Glamour starts off a bit shrill with a floral, slightly synthetic-fruity note, which becomes rounder and more pleasant (for my nose) after about 10 minutes. Fruity, powdery notes now emerge more strongly, probably due to a musky note. From the scent character I also notice a similarity to Coco Mademoiselle, where I remember the latter as less flowery.

After another 10 minutes I smell a stronger jasmine note, which is quite synthetic. The fruity notes become weaker, but a vanilla nuance now appears stronger.

After about half an hour I notice no further development in the fragrance. A floral-powdery breath remains, carried by vanilla and musk on the skin. A little sterile, quasi pore-deep pure I feel Suddenly Madame Glamour - not unpleasant and yet no fragrance I would like to wear. A similarity to Coco Mademoiselle is present from my point of view, but Suddenly Madame Glamour is rather the well washed bourgeois Madame Sans-Gêne, than a multi-layered Mademoiselle of aristocratic origin.

Conclusion:

Suddenly Madame Glamour is one of the more pleasant fragrances of the drugstore and discounter fragrances I know so far, because the often unpleasant vanilla-sweet plastic note is missing in this fragrance. The durability of Suddenly Madame Glamour on the skin is however rather weak, but with the price the inclined wearer sprays surely gladly after.

Small but oho !
"What costs nothing is nothing!" - suddenly Madame Glamour clearly lies. A truly fresh good mood scent for small money, noble and suitable for many occasions. Even if the bottle looks a bit cheap with its wobbly, sharp-edged metal ring and the ketchup bottle shape in mini version - the scent looks noble and expressive and you don't wear the scent around in the bottle, but spray it on formlessly. It may not be right for the heat, but at normal summer temperatures it is an uncomplicated companion. I like him, all right!

Budget Coco Mademoiselle
There's not much that can be said about this that hasn't been said by PBullFriend. Suddenly Madame Glamour (dumb name) is a good smell-alike for Coco Mademoiselle. It doesn't have Chanel longevity on me either, but at £3.99 you can reapply it often. I can get a few more hours if I put a drop of Vitamin E Oil on my skin before I spray this. Anyway, this is a great fragrance for the price, so you might want to give it a sniff.

low-commitment Coco Mlle.
Thanks to dear MNQ, I recently have gotten to try a variety of perfumes that are available in the UK but not the US, including this one. I'm not surprised that Suddenly Madame Glamour has been compared often to Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle - I'm not sure I could tell the difference in a blindfolded test. But one spray of CM lasts until my next shower, and sometimes longer. SMG, on the other hand, waves a pretty little goodbye after 2-3 hours on me. So I'll treasure this decant for days when I'd enjoy that lovely mandarin-jasmine chord but am not sure I want to spend the next 24 hours with it! Perfect!

ElysiumElysium 2 months ago
A high-end clean with a spoonful of patchouli, warm, non-edgy type of clean on me.
Within an hour, it's just soft, clean, harmless and posh.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Finally Mademoiselle Coco became an ordinary woman !Light but good scent at 3,99€ What else?

by Klopfnote
by AmySourbutts
by Fairycube
by Fairycube

Popular Lidl

Suddenly Woman I by Lidl G. Bellini X-Bolt by Lidl Chalou Gold by Lidl Suddenly Diamonds by Lidl G. Bellini N°1 by Lidl Essence Acqua Fresh by G. Bellini by Lidl Keshi - Sweet Sugar by Lidl Luxury - My Story by Lidl Suddenly Summer by Lidl Keshi - Precious Ruby by Lidl Suddenly Fleur by Lidl Luxury - Gleam by Lidl Chalou Blau by Lidl Keshi - Treasure Forever by Lidl Keshi - Diamond River by Lidl Luxury - My Pretty by Lidl Five Pocket Jeans for Him by Lidl Keshi - Rebellious Glam by Lidl Keshi - Miss Romantic by Lidl Keshi - Oui, Chérie! by Lidl