G. Bellini - Wood 2021

G. Bellini - Wood by Lidl
G. Bellini - Wood is a new perfume by Lidl for men and was released in 2021. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by WIN COSMETIC GmbH & Co. KG.

Submitted by Elysium, last update on 09.04.2022.

Mohd7
Another great cheapie from Lidl!
Having had mixed (mostly positive) experience with Lidl perfumes previously, for €2.99 I just had to pick this up blind. And I have to say; I'm really glad I did!

Now, I've never smelled Terre d'Hemes, which most people liken this scent to. My initial impression was that it came across as a more mature scent, like something my grandfather would wear! But surprisingly after only 48 or so hours of testing, it quickly became one of my favourite daily scents as a mid 20s guy.

After the chemical/alcohol that you get with cheaper perfumes dries off, the opening is quite striking and strong. A slightly spicy ginger-esque bite overpowers a gentle citrus (maybe orange? or lemon?) that emerges subtly throughout the life of the scent. The dry down quickly develops into something more woody less harsh/spicy and it proudly introduces the hallmark of this fragrance to my nose; vetiver. A heavy, earthy unapologetic vetiver. This stays for the duration of the scent with that gentle citrus very quietly emerging every now and then without ever taking the spotlight. Overall it gives me the vibes of a stroll through a forest trail on a mild breezy spring/summer morning.

Performance on my skin leaves a lot to be desired unfortunately. Maybe 1-2 hours of projection before becoming a skin scent, and around 4-5 hours of longevity.

This is a quite warm but refreshing scent, making it quite versatile. I remember someone describing TdH as "if you got an orange and stuffed it into a pot of soil", which is amusing but accurate. I personally see it more as a cool spring/autumn day scent, but it probably has enough freshness to work in the summer and enough spicy heat to work in the winter.

Overall a very nice woody/citrus scent for the price, even though performance could be better. If this was any more expensive I would not recommend it as a blind buy since it's definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea, especially if you're not a vetiver guy. But at that price? I mean come on.

Naf29
You may know it from somewhere
It's strange how a 3 Euro fragrance from Lidl can deceive a person.

Been there (at Lidl), applied it, smelling it outside(because Covid and the mask inside) .

This smells interesting and very well known!!!???

What can it be??
- It's TdH , but missing the Citrus ( orange and grapefruit).

It is a TdH DNA, more on the Wood side, not bad for the price ( 3 Euro for 75 ml).

If you are in the search for a TdH alternative, for very very cheap and you have a Lidl nearby, take a chance on this.

The performance is decent, this may be a good fragrance for autumn and spring ( I've tested it on winter, 4h max on my skin), although it smells like gingerbread and Christmas time, and it may well be a winter scent the performance isn't great on winter. ( For 3 Euro you can't be pretentious)

If you see it in your Lidl store give it a go, you may like it, considering the price.

Naf29Naf29 4 months ago
TdH for Cheap, the DNA is there, the only thing that is missing is the Citrus ( orange and grapefruit). Great scent for Christmas time.

Popular by Lidl

Suddenly Madame Glamour by Lidl Suddenly Woman I by Lidl Suddenly Fragrances - Chalou by Lidl G. Bellini - X-Bolt by Lidl Essence Acqua Fresh by G. Bellini by Lidl Chalou (Gold) by Lidl Suddenly Fragrances - Summer Shine by Lidl Suddenly Diamonds by Lidl G. Bellini - Deep by Lidl G. Bellini - Homme by Lidl G. Bellini - N°1 by Lidl Suddenly Fragrances - Lovely by Lidl Suddenly Summer by Lidl Keshi - Diamond River by Lidl Keshi - Sweet Sugar by Lidl Luxury - My Story by Lidl Essence Dark Blue by G. Bellini by Lidl Suddenly Fragrances - Femelle by Lidl Keshi - Precious Ruby by Lidl Suddenly Fleur by Lidl