Luxury - Distant Rain 2021

Luxury - Distant Rain by Lidl
Luxury - Distant Rain is a new perfume by Lidl for women and was released in 2021. The scent is citrusy-woody. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Submitted by Elysium, last update on 19.05.2021.

Rainy Night Coffe Shop Feeling
If you think about “Distant Rain,” what comes to your mind? I am enjoying a cup of coffee on a rainy night, a Coffee Shop atmosphere with soothing jazz music, sounds of pouring raindrops against the windows, and other coffee shop background noises. I’m sitting there alone, reading a book. Watch the pouring rain outside the windows, the dim lights of passing cars, and hear the soothing sounds of smooth jazz in the background. This relaxing atmosphere lasts all night. I listen intently and hear the soft sounds of ambient cafes, such as subdued conversation and the clinking of plates from other cafeteria customers. But “Distant Rain” is not just that. LIDL has distributed a perfume from the Luxury line, a special edition that is only available on special occasions.

I love this frag, and I bought it for myself while searching for something for my mom’s day. I am a guy who loves manly frags, but this one feels so pleasant and unisex. Soft, fresh, white floral, which isn’t too feminine, nor overly sweet, and I can see men wearing this one. Some choices can never go wrong. The scent is very woody, with a floral hint but not wholly floral.
I didn’t expect to like this fragrance that much, but it turned out to be much more pleasant than I thought. Start with a fresh squeeze of lemon zest; it is almost soapy in its composition, not overly spicy. It makes me think of the freshly grated lemon zest that is added to the cake mix. Green apple is also noticeable under citrus fruits, and soft, honeyed flower balances the tartness. There is a prominent note of gardenia or a wildflower-like smell but then turns into a sweeter scent. Well-rounded from the start, not at all offensive, and quite soft.

As the scent moves into the heart, it becomes a little more floral, green, watery, and the citrus and fruit move into a delicate background scent. Subdued jasmine shares the stage with a delicate rose, although the accord is not too indolic or flowery, but green and watery as if plant sap is lingering around.

On the finish, the perfume reveals a pure amber accord stressed by sour fruity notes. The sensation of the dry cold of amber and the brightness of the floral and fruity green notes remain a light-dark, cold-warm oxymoron. It does not change dramatically on the skin, maintaining the fruit-amber pairing. The woody aspect of amber gives its fruity notes an intriguing character. However, we don’t have the sweet and sugary fruit punch, but something more like an abstract sketch. I adore the way the lemon zestiness blends with cedar shavings and white musk; it is simply divine.

Distant Rain has an exciting and revitalizing breeze to it that is just so pleasant to the nose. This light, aquatic, citrusy scent is as timeless as your beloved pair of jeans, and it’s all you need to turn heads. Nobody will stop looking. I can picture myself wearing this fragrance on a warm and misty day for spring and summer seasons, safe for workplaces and cozy for leisure time. It represents the aroma of sparkling summer days yielding to evocative evenings. Soothing, yet radiant. If you like fresh, summery, citrusy scents with a hint of floral and don’t mind a soap-like undertone, you’ll probably really like it. The sillage is marvelous, it never feels overwhelming, tiresome, or heady, like some heavy sillage fragrances, yet the shadow of the essence is always there.

I based the review on a 90ml bottle I have owned since May 2021.

-Elysium

ElysiumElysium 4 months ago
This light, aquatic, citrusy scent is as timeless as your beloved pair of jeans, and it’s all you need to turn heads. Luminous, soothing.

Popular Lidl

Suddenly Madame Glamour by Lidl Suddenly Woman I by Lidl G. Bellini - X-Bolt by Lidl Chalou (Gold) by Lidl Suddenly Diamonds by Lidl Essence Acqua Fresh by G. Bellini by Lidl Suddenly Fragrances - Chalou by Lidl G. Bellini - N°1 by Lidl G.Bellini - Homme by Lidl Suddenly Summer by Lidl Suddenly Fragrances - Lovely by Lidl Keshi - Diamond River by Lidl Keshi - Sweet Sugar by Lidl Essence Dark Blue by G. Bellini by Lidl Luxury - My Story by Lidl Keshi - Precious Ruby by Lidl Suddenly Fleur by Lidl Suddenly Fragrances - Femelle by Lidl Luxury - Gleam by Lidl Chalou (Blau) by Lidl