Eleganza Luminosa 2008

Eleganza Luminosa by Linari
Bottle Design Rainer Diersche
Eleganza Luminosa is a perfume by Linari for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Egon Oelkers

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Green leavesGreen leaves OrangeOrange LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesiaFreesia IrisIris JasmineJasmine Lily of the valleyLily of the valley RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood White muskWhite musk CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 26.03.2021.

Only an evening Pareto optimum
Orange with nimm2-impact and a hint of cheese foot bergamot. In addition a slightly musty canned fruit noise. Apricot maybe. Another lead would be the "peaches" of Haribo. With both it is spontaneously difficult for me to make a connection to "elegance" or "luminous".

Besides, I can't follow the promised botanical notes decidedly, I'd have to swell them up, so to speak, by looking at the fruit as extracted from a fruity rose, by interpreting the sweetness as a lily-of-the-valley swelliness and by ticking off jasmine. Not that I would be keen on wafting blymerance, but something more than (for me) almost unfathomable, floral-obstige generalities I had already expected. This reminds me of the listless all-inclusive fruit Pamps from 'Modern Classic for Women' by Brocard and 'The Collector - Morning Muscs' by Alexandre J - two unfortunately unenthusiastic references. Even their touch of more or less cheaper chocolate I find again today.

In the course of some hours it slowly gets creamier, I smell first of all pasty sandalwood at the threshold to the H-cream, that is also not delightful. At noon I gradually recognize a quiet duet of orange and amb(e)r(a) that makes me think from a distance of L'Artisan's 'Séville à l'Aube'. After all, because it leads me at least solidly through the afternoon and in the evening the scent is able to climb a kind of "Pareto-Optimum" when a musky creamy orange-jasmine amb(e)r(a)-note develops downright sexy ambitions.

Pareto Optimum. A state in which it is - roughly speaking - no longer possible to improve something in a matter without at the same time having to make other things worse. One of those thoughts and concepts that typically emerge in the sphere of so-called economics and that can often be sorted somewhere on a direct line between "practically useless" and "self-evident". Here I just want to say: I think the fragrance has reached its individual best, more is not possible
The hook at the Pareto Optimum: It is often illustrated by the picture of a hiker who with difficulty has climbed a mountain peak and now proudly stands up there. Suddenly the clouds disappear, the fog lifts and before the eyes of the brave climber the mighty panorama of the Alps rises. Related to the more successful rear part of 'Eleganza Luminosa', the majestic peaks for me are concretely represented by the already mentioned 'Séville à l'Aube' as well as by Pierre Guillaume's 'Parfumerie Générale - 19 Louanges Profanes'.

I thank MisterE for the rehearsal.
2.5

Elegant&luminous - but fleeting
The opening reminds me of Narciso Rodriguez: beautiful radiant woody floral. The name really says it all. Sadly, this luminous elegant aura vanishes completely after 3 hours. If I press my nose to my skin, the most gorgeous edible musky vanilla skin scent remains until the end of the day. This perfume is an elegant lady with kinky secrets:) Those who sniff you from the distance during the day will get very different idea of you than the person who will get to the sniffing distance later on.

I would recommend this to those who are searching for elegant perfume with a twist and do not have perfume-eating skin. My review is based on wearing a sample on a couple of days.

Somewhat elegant, somewhat luminous
Linari ELEGANZA LUMINOSA seems like a pretty plain Jane floriental to me. This is a yellowish perfume, with a creamy feeling, slightly sweet sandalwood--nothing like this house's Mark Buxton caramel perfume, thankfully--with a smooth mix of florals which give something of a mimosa feeling, although mimosa is apparently not present here. Perhaps yellow freesia plus x, y, and z creates a quasi-mimosa effect to my nose? Who knows?

The drydown of ELEGANZA LUMINOSA is, once again, a smooth sandalwood vanilla scent, and it smells perfectly fine, but I think that this same effect has been achieved by dozens of other perfumes at a fraction of the price. I'm not saying that every perfume has to be radically unique, but this one is not distinct enough to stand out from the crowd, so, all other things being equal, it seems rational to seek out a less expensive member of the same class, if a creamy yellow floriental is what you're after...

This composition seems rather feminine to me. Something about the sweet florals, perhaps?

Popular by Linari

Angelo Di Fiume by Linari Acqua Santa by Linari Porta del Cielo by Linari Notte Bianca by Linari Capelli d'Oro by Linari Fuoco Infernale by Linari Mare Pacifico by Linari Stella Cadente by Linari Vista Sul Mare by Linari Drago Nero by Linari Calla by Linari Shades of Leather by Linari