7 2010 Eau de Toilette

7 (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe
7.6 / 10 191 Ratings
7 (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Loewe for men and was released in 2010. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top Notes PepperPepper Red appleRed apple
Heart Notes Heart Notes Moroccan neroliMoroccan neroli Frankincense absoluteFrankincense absolute
Base Notes Base Notes Atlas cedarAtlas cedar VetiverVetiver MuskMusk

Submitted by Zaceel, last update on 31.01.2023.
The face of the advertising campaign is Spanish torereo Cayetano Rivera Ordóñez.

6 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Very helpful Review 5
The seven values that man should have
An interesting thing you should know is that the name 7 comes from the seven ingredients of which it is exclusively composed. This fashionable fragrance is marked by higher pepper, incense, flowery notes, and vetiver, forming a modern, sophisticated, and divine scent. It is a truly masculine scent, and 7 Men is as complex as his scent, traditional yet rebellious and brave. Each specially selected ingredient represents the seven values that the 7 men should have: passion, pride, bravery and force, solitude and spirituality, art and tradition, life and death, human and divine.
I would dare to say L7 does not conform to the other design fragrances' ways. I came across it by chance since I was looking for a bottle of SOLO and the clerk kindly asked about trying this instead... I imagine I got blessed that day, and here you are, what I got.

L7 is supposed to be aromatic, woody, and floral, and it opens the same as a clove and pepper bomb, but nothing to do with Marc Jacobs Bang or Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb... The mouillette (paper strips) smells like an ever-new packet of cigars, with that distinctive smell of raisin. Don't get me wrong. I am referring to the fresh tobacco aroma and not the irritating hash. Yeah, I am a non-smoker, man, but I smell raisins when I sniff a packet of cigarettes, and I like how fresh cigs smell. To me, it's quite a beautiful smell. I didn't get too many apple notes; perhaps the spicy notes are too strong for my nostril and cover it. Even though there is no mention of the clove buds, I surmise that aroma comes from the pepper leaves. Pay attention that the excessive clove note you get is intense in the first couple of hours.

Then, I got a bit of graceful rose and beautiful fresh incense and vetiver that started playing the game, together with the cedarwood and a sort of mild musk (not wild, forget about YSL Kouros or Narciso Rodriguez for Him, this is a gentle musk!). That blend makes L7 so damn masculine and modern. In my opinion, the dry down reminds me of something about Cacharel pour L'Homme Eau de Toilette, maybe the use of the very same vetiver and musk ingredients. But I don't mind; CpH used to be my signature fragrance when I was 20!

Oh man, it is so powerfully spicy, though not too harsh, far away from the oriental and bittersweet fragrances I am used to, yet so damn gorgeous. L7 is lovely to wear, just suitable for cooler and colder seasons. Since I bought it last fall, I have no clue how it might work during warmer seasons. Well, I would recommend it for spring, fall, and wintertime. Still, I would refrain from wearing it during summer due to the excessive clove note.
It's suitable for leisure time, maybe day and evening are the correct times to wear it. It's a modern and stylish scent, not overpowering so that you can go safe with it. What I like most is its unpopularity in Italy, meaning that when I wear it, I smell good, distinctive, and not similar to anyone else around me. I hate feeling like 'most men' when I wear one scent. Of course, there's no reason why you can't wear this fragrance for work since it smells clean, crisp, and fresh and stay close to you.

My two cents: L7 is an extraordinary fragrance. Initially, you will detect an overdose of cloves. But after a while, it reveals a lovely and robust incense, which combines perfectly with the cedarwood and vetiver to create a beautiful, exquisite, and very masculine cologne. Although you will get the fresh feel throughout the fragrance's life from intense to moderate, L7 is an energetic melange and very rich in flavors, perhaps almost too influential for the typical nose to appreciate. But if you want aromatic herbs and spices, look no further since no one is better than this jewel.
I am writing this review right after dinner, and I can still smell it out of my chest. That means it is a long-lasting fragrance with a moderate sillage. For all the above reasons, I would rate it 8/10.

-Elysium

Loewe / 7
As a fan of, among others incense mesmerized me. It is not a niche, but it has a lot of niches. A fragrance that reminds me of the brilliant Kyoto made by Comme des Garcons (created by the unique nose of perfumery, just like the whole series 3)
And what distinguishes our seven? That it is great in the simplicity of its ingredients. Because in addition to incense-slightly ecclesiastical notes, we have hot pepper, wood, softened with a flower (lilies of the valley and a delicate rose, which, thank God, do not feel too much), and everything in this composition is still fresh and crisp thanks to ... an apple. Revelation.
7, or SIETE, is a unique perfume-perfume where a unique work has been created in the simplicity and appropriate doses of ingredients.
The smell lasts up to 6 hours, the first 2-3 hours are smelling.
And one more note - once smelled, it will be remembered forever and it likes to be addictive. I recommend...

Loewe Pure Incense
I think this is the correct name for this fragrance. If you adore this note, it's your fragance. This scent creates a misteryous aura arround you.
It's a lithurgic incense, That I reminder from the "Botafumeiro" on Santiago de Compostela's Cathedral with a pepper and cedar touch that converts this fragrance in a mix into gothic scent and a perfect scent to wear with a elegant shirt and pant.
Elegant and misteryous Fragrance only for winter and fall nights, i'm not recomended this on the day.
Some people will feel attracted to you, others will look at you badly, but you will not go unnoticed. Can you stand it?

Great fragrance!
I smell lots of ginger, apple and incense.

Reminds me of Montale Full Incense, but sweeter, more spicy and with weaker lasting power.

Great release thats certainly worth it.

Updated January 2014

Clove Overload...
I get an initial blast of clove that is almost cinnamon-like. My first impression was that this was just an overpowering clove spice bomb. Actually that is a bit too simplistic. Loewe 7 blends in cedar to mix with the clove, supported by a very subtle apple undertone that really is not sweet. The main problem I have with Loewe 7 is that the clove just hangs around throughout and is just relentless. If you love clove, then 7 will most likely appeal to you. In my case I like clove, but don't love it... As such, 7 is just not my cup of tea. I *will* say that it is quite strong, and has plenty of lasting power... 2 to 2.5 stars out of 5.
More reviews

7 short views on the fragrance
HitchslapHitchslap 6 years ago
just got this, another odd one; yes clove but to me it brings to mind a medicinal environment; awkward, will try again
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
I get a burst of clove, even if it's not listed. The scent is incensy, there is cumin, pepper, apple. In the base, woody and slightly ambery
ReniferkaReniferka 5 years ago
For me it's a lot of cloves in sour apples compote with the smell of incense floating around - pretty original masculine scent. I like it.
KraemdonKraemdon 2 months ago
Lithurgic incense. Amazing a different masculine scent. Love at first sniff
RomadyRomady 8 months ago
Spicy and aromatic. I get a bit of Tigerbalm in this scent, but of course more subtle.
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Loewe

Esencia (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Loewe pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe Esencia (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - El cielo sobre la Plaza de Oriente by Loewe Aura White Magnolia by Loewe 7 Anónimo by Loewe 001 Man (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Paula's Ibiza by Loewe 7 Plata by Loewe 7 Cobalt by Loewe Gala (1991) by Loewe 7 Sport by Loewe 7 Natural by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - Un balcón sobre el Paseo del Prado by Loewe 001 Man (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe 001 Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - Tras la tormenta en el Jardín Botánico by Loewe Aura Pink Magnolia by Loewe Solo Ella (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Solo Esencial by Loewe