7 (2010) Eau de Toilette

7 (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe

7 (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Loewe for men and was released in 2010. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Emilio Valeros

Top Notes Top NotesPepper, Red apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesMoroccan neroli, Frankincense absolute
Base Notes Base NotesAtlas cedar, Vetiver, Musk

Submitted by Zaceel, last update on 03.11.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is Spanish torereo Cayetano Rivera Ordóñez.

8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Loewe Pure Incense
I think this is the correct name for this fragrance. If you adore this note, it's your fragance. This scent creates a misteryous aura arround you.
It's a lithurgic incense, That I reminder from the "Botafumeiro" on Santiago de Compostela's Cathedral with a pepper and cedar touch that converts this fragrance in a mix into gothic scent and a perfect scent to wear with a elegant shirt and pant.
Elegant and misteryous Fragrance only for winter and fall nights, i'm not recomended this on the day.
Some people will feel attracted to you, others will look at you badly, but you will not go unnoticed. Can you stand it?
6.0 5.0 7.0 8.0/10

Elysium
The seven values that the LOEWE 7 man should have...
Interesting thing you should know is that the name 7 comes from the seven ingredients of which it is exclusively composed. This fashionable fragrance is marked by major notes of pepper, incense, flowery notes and vetiver, forming a modern, sophisticated and divine scent. It is a truly masculine scent and the 7 man is as complex as his scent, traditional, yet rebellious and brave. Each specially selected ingredient represents the seven values that the 7 man should have: passion, pride, bravery and force, solitude and spirituality, art and tradition, life and death, human and divine.
I would dare to say L7 does not conform to the ways of the other design fragrance do. I came across it by chance since I was looking for a bottle of SOLO and the clerk kindly asked about trying this instead... I imagine I got blessed that day and here you are what I got.

L7 is supposed to be aromatic, woody and floral, and it opens the same as a clove and pepper bomb, but nothing to do with Marc Jacobs Bang or Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb... On the mouillette (paper strips) it smells like an ever-new packet of cigars, with that distinctive smell of raisin. Don’t get me wrong, I am referring to fresh tobacco aroma and not the irritating hash. Yeah, I am a non smoker man, but definitely I smell raisin when I sniff a packet of cigarettes and I like the way fresh cigs smell... to me it’s really quite a beautiful smell. I didn’t get too much apple note, perhaps the spicy notes are too strong for my nostril and just cover it. Even though the clove buds are not mentioned, I surmise that aroma comes from the pepper leaves. Pay attention that the excessive clove note you get is really intense in the first couple of hours.

Then, I got a bit of graceful rose, and beautiful fresh incense and vetiver that start playing the game, together with the cedar wood and a sort of mild musk (not wild, forget about YSL Kouros or Narciso Rodriguez for Him, this is a gentle musk!). That blend makes L7 so damn masculine and modern. In my opinion, the dry down reminds me something about Cacharel pour l’Homme, maybe the use the very same vetiver and musk ingredients. But I don’t mind, CpH used to be my signature fragrance when I was 20 something!

Oh man, it is so powerfully spicy, though not too harsh, far away from the oriental and bittersweet fragrances I am used to, yet so damn gorgeous. L7 is definitely lovely and fine to wear, just right for cooler and colder seasons. Since I bought it last fall, I have no clue about how it might work during warmer seasons. Well, I would recommend it for spring, fall, and winter time, but I would refrain from wearing during summertime due to the excessive clove note.
It’s suitable for leisure time, maybe day and evening are the right times to wear it. It’s a modern and stylish scent, not overpowering, so you can go safe with it. What I like most is its unpopularity in Italy, meaning that when I wear it I smell good, distinctive, and not similar to anyone else around me. I really hate smelling like ‘most men’ when I wear one scent. Of course, there’s no reason why you can’t wear this fragrance for work since it smells clean, crisp and fresh and stay close to you.

My two cents: L7 is an extraordinary fragrance. Initially you will detect an overdose of cloves. But after a while it reveals a strong and lovely incense, which combines perfectly with the cedar wood and vetiver to create a beautiful, exquisite and very masculine cologne. Despite you will get the spicy feel throughout the life of the fragrance from intense to moderate, L7 is a strong melange and very rich on flavors, perhaps almost too strong for the common nose to appreciate. But if you want aromatic herbs and spices look no further since no one is better than this jewel.
I am writing this review right after dinner, and I can still smell it out of my chest. That means, it is a long-lasting fragrance with a moderate sillage. For all the above reasons I would rate it 8/10.

Keep in touch,
Gianluca
5.0 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Great fragrance!
I smell lots of ginger, apple and incense.

Reminds me of Montale Full Incense, but sweeter, more spicy and with weaker lasting power.

Great release thats certainly worth it.

Updated January 2014
7.5 10.0 10.0 5.0/10

Clove Overload...
I get an initial blast of clove that is almost cinnamon-like. My first impression was that this was just an overpowering clove spice bomb. Actually that is a bit too simplistic. Loewe 7 blends in cedar to mix with the clove, supported by a very subtle apple undertone that really is not sweet. The main problem I have with Loewe 7 is that the clove just hangs around throughout and is just relentless. If you love clove, then 7 will most likely appeal to you. In my case I like clove, but don't love it... As such, 7 is just not my cup of tea. I *will* say that it is quite strong, and has plenty of lasting power... 2 to 2.5 stars out of 5.

Reniferka 18 months ago
For me it's a lot of cloves in sour apples compote with the smell of incense floating around - pretty original masculine scent. I like it.+2
9.0
Hitchslap 3 years ago
just got this, another odd one; yes clove but to me it brings to mind a medicinal environment; awkward, will try again+3
Elysium 4 years ago
After spraying it a gentle breeze wafted the scent of clove and smoke to my nose just like when you open a brand new box of cigars. Love it!+1
6.0

by Undsoweiter
by Zauber600
by Zauber600

Popular Loewe

Loewe pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe 7 (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe Esencia (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe Esencia (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Solo (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe 001 Man (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - El cielo sobre la Plaza de Oriente by Loewe Solo Cedro by Loewe 7 Natural by Loewe 001 Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Agua de Loewe by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - Un balcón sobre el Paseo del Prado by Loewe 7 Anónimo by Loewe Aura (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Solo Esencial by Loewe Aire by Loewe Quizás, Quizás, Quizás (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Solo Absoluto by Loewe Solo Platinum by Loewe Gala (1991) by Loewe