Loewe pour Homme (1992) Eau de Toilette

Loewe pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe
Bottle Design: Vicente Vela

Loewe pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Loewe for men and was released in 1992. The scent is spicy-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Marcel Carles

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Lavender, Lemon, Sicilian mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Haitian vetiver, Musk, Oakmoss, Sandalwood

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 16.09.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Gentile hombre
Somehow he's still hard to get Loewe fragrances on. It is often the case that the desired fragrance cannot be obtained.
After 'Esencia EdP' and '7 Plata' had awakened my enthusiasm for the scents of Loewe, I took the opportunity and stocked up in a perfumery, a little off my beaten track, with all the Loewe scent samples in stock
The 'list of ingredients' of the LpH read very well.

Spraying on, I had a brief moment of terror. For a millisecond, the scent went towards cleansing lemon. But the citrus fruits ripened very quickly. The shock passed and made room for well-being.

The now ripe citrus fruits give this fragrance, with the here harmonious lavender and basil, a very nice start. A warm freshness blows around my nose.

Something floral resonates a little bit, but so weak I can't classify these nuances.
Musk gives the fresh message of this fragrance a longer shelf life. Amber, underlaid with oak moss and sandalwood, gives this fresh fragrance, in its perfection, a warm frame.

The silage remains in the narrower environment, but is clearly perceptible by it. The scent of LpH keeps very discreetly a day.

A gentleman, present but always reserved.

Each fragrance takes exactly the place intended for it and provides in the interaction and 'volume', with the other fragrances, for a fragrance concert worthy of a Spanish nobleman.

Before my eyes appear the gardens of Aranjuez, combined with the compositions of Joaquin Rodrigo. His 'Fantasia para un Gentilhombre' ....
8.0 7.0 10.0 9.0/10

loewe pour homme
Yes it is Spanish luxury niche quality company, and niche smell, sour citrusy blend, very elegant exellent quality spring-summer,this opens whith beautiful citrusy and lavender,(like azzaro p.h.but with added spises. the citrus stays From start to finish!!!!!is very masculine (oakmoss) yet elegant fresh citrusy smell.high quality realy special fragrance,
Extremely long lasting,10hours.The projection is Medium(Ideal
for the office) but !!very long.Even after 5 hours it still goes lightly feel 25cm From the skin,But you can feel it on your skin even after 8 hours skin scent Of course.
For men 30+ Man in suit,Lawyer,Boss,Company manager,It evokes a feeling of luxury, By the way That lemon is beautifuuuuul.
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

On Safari
1 day: Perfume Oil National Park
We drove from Bad Salzdettfurt to Abillemasusa. The trip was long but still very pleasant. After we finally arrived, our tour guide Ute welcomed us. She also accompanied us on the rest of the trip. She first showed us everything for orientation. Just arrived we saw the first Laliques running through the steppe, interesting and yet unconventional creatures.
A few Amouages followed, quite opulent so seen up close.
As we passed the Tom Ford enclosure, we could see some fragrant creatures all over Noir. Most of them were in the dark, but there were also some who cavorted in the water.

2. Day: Nasal septum Perfume sanctuary
The next day of our combi safari has started with a delicious breakfast. After that we drove on. On the way we drove over Creed and saw small perfumed villages and pineapple - birch plantations. When we arrived we made the first observations. Many Aventuses live here, that are usually naked-active however on the basis of its Brunftverhaltens. But we also got a Layton in front of our face, he was cute. But he must have gotten lost.
We were really offered a lot. It was the Pure Havane. When we reached our camp we were welcomed by some Guerlains who were very curious, but also very fine and noble. Some had almonds in their cheeks, others chewed on vanilla, it smelled very good.

3. Day: Olfactories
As expected we had a delicious breakfast on the third day of our combi safari. Our way led this time to the Olfaktorien National Park, where we passed the Givenchy Hills and Dior Town. We drove along the Kenzo jungle with a beautiful view of the landscape. Here we met some Chanels, which however had quite airs and graces.

Then we saw him. The lion! An imposing appearance. Its golden yellow coat that shone in the sun and its masculine charisma. He stood there lofty and we approached carefully. He stood there and gave the impression that he knew he was above all things. Male, strong, well-built and at an age that you can't see in him.
He rubbed himself against a lemon tree, as if he wanted to freshen up. We were standing in a lavender field and the basil I had picked fell out of my hand when he roared to greet us. Now a spicy fresh air blew through the prairie and he walked a bit towards us, then lay down under an oak tree between some flowers.
However, he had everything in view. Again and again he made himself felt. The air was saturated with Hesperidia, spices and botany. The Loewe rose, unfolded its full splendour and its mane was certainly 1 meter long. This spectacle lasted several hours. This Loewe doesn't need to perform courtship display, he doesn't need young vegetables either, he knows who he is and respects only those who respect him. When a small smelly Eros approached the sweet grass, he just ate it up and shook the moss bark off his fur.

He enjoyed the sun and when it got too hot, he lay down in the shade, yet he seems to like warmth. Nevertheless, he always remains attentive, fresh and radiates a certain masculine elegance. Tender-faced ones would probably run quickly to their Herod.

For me this meeting was a travel highlight. I didn't dare to approach him further at that time, but in the meantime I have caught a specimen and added it to my collection, where it makes an excellent impression and will always remind me of this journey.

He is doing well with me and he is very trustful and when it gets a little warmer again, then I like to let him out again.
It may take a moment, but if he likes you, he's a good companion.
10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Full of memories
It´s hard to find words to define the excellent quality of this fragrance.
Outdated? No! Not at all.
This fragrance reflects the excellence of Loewe House.
As mentioned on the package it's "full of memories". I remember using this perfume, in my 20's on those early days of the 90s.
It is a fresh scent, very elegant, exquisite, with good longevity and that "takes" us to the south of Spain and the breeze from the Mediterranean coast. Unforgettable.
This is a perfume with 40 years of age in the world of fragrances for men.
A must in my collection. My second signature scent.
5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Drseid
Aromatic Oakmoss and Lavender Heaven...
*This is a review of the original formula/vintage Loewe pour Homme.

Loewe pour Homme opens with a blast of basil herb-laced aromatic lavender with hints of oakmoss rising from the base. As the composition moves to the early heart the mossy green oakmoss, aromatic lavender and herbal basil remain, now joined by sharp woody vetiver with accents of supporting lime-like tarragon and natural smelling mint leaf. During the late dry-down traces of the green oakmoss and vetiver remain, as relatively dry powdery resinous amber adds a touch of warmth. Projection is good and longevity excellent at 10-12 hours on skin.

In its original formula Loewe pour Homme is quite the impressive one. It is a bit rough and ready at the open with its aromatic lavender and basil going all-out but that's just fine by me. As the mossy green oakmoss joined the party shortly after it became clear this composition is a winner and will not smell similar in its current form due to IFRA restrictions on the ingredient. The vetiver is just as important to the success of the composition as the lavender and oakmoss, as all three keep its aromatic fougere nature well-intact until reaching the late dry-down as powdery amber smooths the composition late. I have smelled better examples of vintage aromatic fougeres, but this is an excellent one for sure. The bottom line is while Loewe pour Homme (vintage) may lack the polish of some other vintage aromatic fougere peers, it definitely does not lack character and smells great, earning an "excellent" 4 stars out of 5 and a strong recommendation at the average eBay aftermarket price of under $24 a 30ml vintage bottle.

Carlitos01 128 days ago
Lemon & Oakmoss! This old timer is still as hamson as almost 30 years ago. An alter ego of YSL pour Homme. Recommended for gentlemen only!+3

by Schoork
by Zauber600
by Mustafa
by Mustafa

Popular Loewe

Loewe pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe 7 (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe Esencia (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe Esencia (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Solo (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe 001 Man (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - El cielo sobre la Plaza de Oriente by Loewe Solo Cedro by Loewe 7 Natural by Loewe 001 Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Agua de Loewe by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - Un balcón sobre el Paseo del Prado by Loewe 7 Anónimo by Loewe Aura (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Solo Esencial by Loewe Aire by Loewe Quizás, Quizás, Quizás (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Solo Absoluto by Loewe Solo Platinum by Loewe Gala (1991) by Loewe