Loewe pour Homme (1992)Eau de Toilette

Loewe pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe
Bottle Design Vicente Vela

Loewe pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Loewe for men and was released in 1992. The scent is spicy-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Marcel Carles

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Lavender, Lemon, Sicilian mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Haitian vetiver, Musk, Oakmoss, Sandalwood

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 11.07.2020.

Mediterranean elegance
For me, that's pure elegance. If there was a fragrance with which I could explain myself and my character without words, it would be this one.

I can't dissect this perfume and discuss the notes, it's rather the whole work that fascinates and captivates me. Sure there is an opening full of lime and basil but what happens after that is even more beautiful, this lavender and the beautiful sandalwood...I also own the old version of what was called Para Hombre and I have to say that while the new version has suffered a bit from the regulations as far as oakmoss is concerned, it can score with warmth and more lemony and has not been completely neutered like many other beautiful oakmoss based fragrances.

For me, Loewe Pour Homme is the Mediterranean tranquility. Classy, elegant, chic, exuberant. Sitting in a quiet beach café, looking at the sea and enjoying a drink. Knowing that nothing can happen, that everything is good. The fragrance provil is so versatile that the same fragrance can be worn to dinner, dates or work
Para Hombre (the old version) is more loaded with oakmoss and surprisingly more floral but only the oakmoss in drydown provides other olfactory dimensions and longer breath
A wonderful, classic refreshment
So, friends of fresh entertainment. Pour Homme of the Spanish brand Loewe (a brand name can hardly sound more Spanish, *coughs) has really demanded a lot from me. Months ago there were some comments and statements here that brought Pour Homme to my attention. When I saw him standing around bored in a perfumery, I first tested on a paper strip. Unfortunately, I didn't find him very desirable (old-fashioned, one-dimensional, you know what it's like...) and the topic was closed for me. The good ScentPhantom sent me a bottle of the fabric with the hint that he would really make his appearance on a warm summer evening. Only with this filling the first skin test was done and lo and behold! The dear Pour Homme had a much better effect on me. Although there was still no warm summer evening within reach, I could literally feel the potential. Even on wet and cold pre-coronal rainy and stormy days PH was able to convince me. Following ScentPhantom's hint to an action of a perfumery, I then bought a bottle.

Now I have been back from my annual sun holiday for two days. Average maximum values at about 27°C. In the evening, exactly: Lau. Perfect conditions for Pour Homme. I had two fragrances with me: Pour Homme and Aventus. While Aventus shone with absence shortly after spraying, Pour Homme showed its full lion power. The biting, but not too sour citric, the light floral notes and the incredibly good musk made me feel fresh, clean and happy every time. I am not a friend of overly dominant citric. But even in the first half hour PH was quite pronounced. But it is so pleasantly interwoven that it doesn't have that typical WC-cleaner association, but only THE freshness feeling that you wish for in humid weather, slightly perspiring. I found the durability to be above average. In contrast to Aventus, spraying was not necessary
I'm curious if it will look as good in a few months in the German summer (in a squeaky yellow outbreak suit, the airflow setting of the breathing apparatus should be bombasitic sillage and durability). Fun on the side. Pour Homme is an excellent, classic, no-frills summer/fresh fragrance with above-average durability.

Thanks for reading it.
Benedikt2019
Take two: "Vitamins for snacking"
First of all, I would like to thank ScentPhantom for putting this fragrance on my heart and thus expanding my summer fragrance selection super!
When I read my way through the fragrance pyramid and the statements and comments, I thought at first, this will never be a fragrance for you. This Loewe seemed far too old-fashioned to me. Nevertheless, I decided to buy blind, because there was a great offer and I thought to myself: you'll get rid of it anyway at the Parfumos! This idea of wanting to get rid of it is now further away than ever from my mind. I want to explain myself
Today I tested him. Extensively, I think, as he was a loyal companion for a whole power school day including conferences in the evening and proved himself. I didn't expect too much, it smelled quite nice on the back of my hand, but seemed rather moderately potent, so I decided to take the bottle with me in case I had to spray after 2-3 hours. Now I am sitting on the sofa - 11 hours later - and I can still smell him slightly. WOW!

To the fragrance: This golden Loewe starts off extremely citric paired with a wonderfully matching basil note. If you think that the lemon will quickly disappear, as with many a fragrance, you are mistaken, the lemon remains almost to the end. Even the basil is not short lived, so that it has a very spicy effect. However, according to my impression, the fragrance tends to go in a fine soapy direction, which I love! It gives the impression of a slightly soapy fresh Take 2 sweets (the yellow version) and leaves the wearer with the feeling of being clean and well-groomed. This overall impression is also underlined by the bottle, as the golden elixir looks exactly like the inside of a Take 2 candy. The highly praised citrus note only leaves me after hours. The basil, on the other hand, does not make it that long, so that it increasingly drifts into softer areas and puts a pleasant veil around the wearer. I would like to refute this immediately and agree with the previous speaker that this Loewe is not old-fashioned and does not need to be worn by over-30s. I perceive it as timelessly elegant. He's a go-getter.

Durability and sillage: That veil lasts forever and is well perceptible, for which I have evidence to present. After about three hours of wearing it, a colleague, with whom I teach together, asked me what a great scent I would wear. Half an hour later a student announced that it smelled strongly of "deodorant" (he doesn't know what he said) and after 7 hours - before the conference - another colleague spoke to me about the smell. It is therefore a fresh monster with enormous durability and top Sillage!

I think it will last even more extreme in the summer, but I'm afraid that the spicy notes might get through and annoy you more then. We shall see! At the moment I am happy to have found such a potent fresh and soapy companion. Consequently, I recommend that anyone looking for a good, long-lasting fragrance for the warmer days should try this one. Especially if you otherwise have the problem of short durability, which is something everyone knows about summer scents.

In this sense I am curious about your opinions!
Must Have ... not only for Ü30
Of course, this Loewe tends towards a "classic" fragrance and is probably worn predominantly by Ü30 (40?). But just as you can meet an enthusiastic 20-year-old in a classical concert, so should this Spaniard, whose acquaintance I would like to expressly recommend to the younger ones, contrary to the target group of the diagram. Here are my reasons:

Loewe pour Homme

smells fresh and invigorating ----- check
is of value and exquisite -------- check
suitable for almost every occasion ----- check
can be worn at any time of year - check
projects an ideal sillage ---- check
achieves a high durability -- check
is certified according to Fresh21 ----- check
offers a top P/L ratio --- check

How could even a 20-year-old hesitate? Just because he reads oakmoss in the fragrance pyramid? Well then read on :-)

In the first hour, the Loewe comes across refreshingly citric, and right away with a good wort whack. It captivates with an expressive dark, full lemon and the exact right dosage of basil. A strong duo, whereas mandarin and lavender play a minor role. Then the citric notes slowly recede by about a third, so that after about 2 hours the wort becomes a little more prominent. At the same time, a few flowers in the heart make the fragrance finer, brighter and softer, but it remains slightly spicy. A fascinatingly balanced melange, which at the same time provides a wonderful ambivalence whose attributes are constantly changing. And that's exactly what makes this Loewe so attractive, which never quite defines itself in its character and sometimes prefers one or the other ... This charming interplay of citric, mild flora and spice is unique, you're really spoiled :)

His coquettish play with the notes is based on a mix of oakmoss and vetiver that is anything but old-fashioned, unusually bright, fresh and invigorating. Although it has been involved right from the start, it only becomes noticeable from hour 4 onwards: not a bit dull, bitter or musty as is known from many 70/80 fragrances. A pinch of musk and amber also help him to do this, cushioning him softly and warmly. The whole thing is still interspersed with a bit of citrus and the fine bitterness of the basil's residual spice, the Sillage (on a shirt) is still clearly perceptible after 5 hours on half an arm's length. This Spaniard easily manages an 8-hour office day.
Loewe pour Homme is just as elegant a business fragrance as it is a distinctive leisure fragrance, but it is also suitable for going out, especially from the second hour onwards. But he doesn't seem too masculine, because he always plays out his dancing charm. So I am convinced that its timeless spicy freshness also stands U30 wearers and can only recommend to test this great fragrance once.

Apropos recommendation: I dedicate this Kommi to our dear ScentPhantom, who always calls me his "freshness guru", but in this case he was ahead of me and sent me a scent sample. I am infinitely grateful to him for his point load, because it speaks for itself that I have never worn a new perfume 4 days in a row because of so much enthusiasm :-)

And finally the moment of truth: o.k., I am not 21 anymore, but still fresh enough to recommend this "modern classic" to the younger ones :) For I see in him a

Must Have ... not only for Ü30

loewe pour homme
Yes it is Spanish luxury niche quality company, and niche smell, sour citrusy blend, very elegant exellent quality spring-summer,this opens whith beautiful citrusy and lavender,(like azzaro p.h.but with added spises. the citrus stays From start to finish!!!!!is very masculine (oakmoss) yet elegant fresh citrusy smell.high quality realy special fragrance,
Extremely long lasting,10hours.The projection is Medium(Ideal
for the office) but !!very long.Even after 5 hours it still goes lightly feel 25cm From the skin,But you can feel it on your skin even after 8 hours skin scent Of course.
For men 30+ Man in suit,Lawyer,Boss,Company manager,It evokes a feeling of luxury, By the way That lemon is beautifuuuuul.
On Safari
1 day: Perfume Oil National Park
We drove from Bad Salzdettfurt to Abillemasusa. The trip was long but still very pleasant. After we finally arrived, our tour guide Ute welcomed us. She also accompanied us on the rest of the trip. She first showed us everything for orientation. Just arrived we saw the first Laliques running through the steppe, interesting and yet unconventional creatures.
A few Amouages followed, quite opulent so seen up close.
As we passed the Tom Ford enclosure, we could see some fragrant creatures all over Noir. Most of them were in the dark, but there were also some who cavorted in the water.

2. Day: Nasal septum Perfume sanctuary
The next day of our combi safari has started with a delicious breakfast. After that we drove on. On the way we drove over Creed and saw small perfumed villages and pineapple - birch plantations. When we arrived we made the first observations. Many Aventuses live here, that are usually naked-active however on the basis of its Brunftverhaltens. But we also got a Layton in front of our face, he was cute. But he must have gotten lost.
We were really offered a lot. It was the Pure Havane. When we reached our camp we were welcomed by some Guerlains who were very curious, but also very fine and noble. Some had almonds in their cheeks, others chewed on vanilla, it smelled very good.

3. Day: Olfactories
As expected we had a delicious breakfast on the third day of our combi safari. Our way led this time to the Olfaktorien National Park, where we passed the Givenchy Hills and Dior Town. We drove along the Kenzo jungle with a beautiful view of the landscape. Here we met some Chanels, which however had quite airs and graces.

Then we saw him. The lion! An imposing appearance. Its golden yellow coat that shone in the sun and its masculine charisma. He stood there lofty and we approached carefully. He stood there and gave the impression that he knew he was above all things. Male, strong, well-built and at an age that you can't see in him.
He rubbed himself against a lemon tree, as if he wanted to freshen up. We were standing in a lavender field and the basil I had picked fell out of my hand when he roared to greet us. Now a spicy fresh air blew through the prairie and he walked a bit towards us, then lay down under an oak tree between some flowers.
However, he had everything in view. Again and again he made himself felt. The air was saturated with Hesperidia, spices and botany. The Loewe rose, unfolded its full splendour and its mane was certainly 1 meter long. This spectacle lasted several hours. This Loewe doesn't need to perform courtship display, he doesn't need young vegetables either, he knows who he is and respects only those who respect him. When a small smelly Eros approached the sweet grass, he just ate it up and shook the moss bark off his fur.

He enjoyed the sun and when it got too hot, he lay down in the shade, yet he seems to like warmth. Nevertheless, he always remains attentive, fresh and radiates a certain masculine elegance. Tender-faced ones would probably run quickly to their Herod.

For me this meeting was a travel highlight. I didn't dare to approach him further at that time, but in the meantime I have caught a specimen and added it to my collection, where it makes an excellent impression and will always remind me of this journey.

He is doing well with me and he is very trustful and when it gets a little warmer again, then I like to let him out again.
It may take a moment, but if he likes you, he's a good companion.

Full of memories
It´s hard to find words to define the excellent quality of this fragrance.
Outdated? No! Not at all.
This fragrance reflects the excellence of Loewe House.
As mentioned on the package it's "full of memories". I remember using this perfume, in my 20's on those early days of the 90s.
It is a fresh scent, very elegant, exquisite, with good longevity and that "takes" us to the south of Spain and the breeze from the Mediterranean coast. Unforgettable.
This is a perfume with 40 years of age in the world of fragrances for men.
A must in my collection. My second signature scent.

Drseid
Aromatic Oakmoss and Lavender Heaven...
*This is a review of the original formula/vintage Loewe pour Homme.

Loewe pour Homme opens with a blast of basil herb-laced aromatic lavender with hints of oakmoss rising from the base. As the composition moves to the early heart the mossy green oakmoss, aromatic lavender and herbal basil remain, now joined by sharp woody vetiver with accents of supporting lime-like tarragon and natural smelling mint leaf. During the late dry-down traces of the green oakmoss and vetiver remain, as relatively dry powdery resinous amber adds a touch of warmth. Projection is good and longevity excellent at 10-12 hours on skin.

In its original formula Loewe pour Homme is quite the impressive one. It is a bit rough and ready at the open with its aromatic lavender and basil going all-out but that's just fine by me. As the mossy green oakmoss joined the party shortly after it became clear this composition is a winner and will not smell similar in its current form due to IFRA restrictions on the ingredient. The vetiver is just as important to the success of the composition as the lavender and oakmoss, as all three keep its aromatic fougere nature well-intact until reaching the late dry-down as powdery amber smooths the composition late. I have smelled better examples of vintage aromatic fougeres, but this is an excellent one for sure. The bottom line is while Loewe pour Homme (vintage) may lack the polish of some other vintage aromatic fougere peers, it definitely does not lack character and smells great, earning an "excellent" 4 stars out of 5 and a strong recommendation at the average eBay aftermarket price of under $24 a 30ml vintage bottle.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 12 months ago
Lemon & Oakmoss! This old timer is still as hamson as almost 30 years ago. An alter ego of YSL pour Homme. Recommended for gentlemen only!

by Schoork
by Zauber600
by Mustafa
by Mustafa

Popular Loewe

Esencia (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - El cielo sobre la Plaza de Oriente by Loewe Esencia (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe 001 Man (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Gala (1991) by Loewe 7 (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe 001 Man (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - Un balcón sobre el Paseo del Prado by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - Amanece la bella Cibeles by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - Tras la tormenta en el Jardín Botánico by Loewe 7 Anónimo by Loewe 7 Plata by Loewe 7 Sport by Loewe 7 Natural by Loewe 001 Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Solo Esencial by Loewe Aura Pink Magnolia by Loewe Quizás Seducción by Loewe Solo Cedro by Loewe Solo Ella (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe