Solo (2004) Eau de Toilette

Solo (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe

Solo (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Loewe for men and was released in 2004. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Guava, Lavender, Boldo, Thyme, Cashmere, Patchouli, Bergamot, Lemon, Mandarin, Cumin, Nutmeg, Cinnamon

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 12.10.2019

The faces of the advertising campaigns are Portuguese model Paolo Henriques (2004-2018) and Chilean-American actor Pedro Pascal (since 2018).

7.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

a little closer
He doesn't have too many friends, it seems, little Loewe.
It is criticized as being too tame, too suitable for the masses and too smoothly ironed, a little weak on the chest, especially since it is certainly not independent, headstrong like the head that advertises for it.
Disappointment sounds from this judgment, disillusionment and the one or other lost illusion.
And none of this is wrong - actually.
And also not really - actually.
Because he can do a little bit more than what you think he can do, he already does on my woman's skin.

In the almost two weeks in which he was "the one and only", in which he shared table and bed, day and night, train and car with me, little Loewe, I got to know him in his many facets, which showed themselves one after the other - some still on the same day, some only the next, the one after or later.
They all led me to Spain - the Spain I met on my travels to Andalusia and the Costa Blanca.

My first encounter with the little lion took place on a warm day - the sun warmed my naked skin, drew the summer before the end of March.
Blue sky, no clouds, the garden full of yellow and green.
"Solo" opened with soft white, light green, lots of neroli and soft bergamot - a cologne like so many others you love hot and dear in Spain, which are in half-litre bottles in almost every shop at a price you can't believe what your nose tells you later.
Nothing stings, nothing scratches - no Domestos, no cleaner for the toilet.
Light, fresh, fine - at 40 degrees in the shade perhaps the only thing that helps.
So he, little Loewe, stayed the whole long day - whatever the pyramid said: Nothing was true.
Not on this first day.

In the following days, which were cooler, rainer, rougher, the salted sea air of the White Coast blew around me, I climbed from orange and lemon gardens into the ethereal coolness of the conifers and rocks high up on the Montgó, in the Sierra Nevada, sitting in some bar in a side street of Granada back to back with a stranger wearing pareras "Varon Dandy", smelled the scent of the woods and spices, the clean skin and the sherry in front of him on the table.
I stood in the cool walls of the Alhambra, in the nose the remains of sacred smoke, mixed with the water of the outdoor pools.

He's not a loud scent, Loewes "Solo", never, in any of his aberrant facets.
One perceives him, perceives me with him, turns one's head when one is close to me, wordless mostly, with a smile.
Once only, once, I was asked, "What do you smell like?"
From a boy, a small, nine years old, whom I knew since his birth, who had never asked in all this time.
"What do you smell like?"
"A perfume. Is it good?"
He nodded, smiled, a little embarrassed, almost: "It's good. I like the way you smell."
And for the rest of the time, he sat a little closer.
Little Loewe had a new boyfriend.
8.0 8.0 7.0/10

Hitchslap
Thoughts go back to.......
As I wore this through the day my mind kept going back to thoughts of Hermes' Terre, the original. Dirty, spicy and sweeter though tangerine instead of orange-add guava and no inert mineral note.

I had no hesitation in wearing this though like Hermes'TdH it seems to lean more towards the older gentleman.

Loewes, a Spanish company, has kept me happy with all their scents that I own so far.
10.0 6.0 7.5 10.0/10

Elysium
The name SOLO (on my own) couldn't be more fitting, I reckon.
I remember the first time I fell in love with this perfume. I sniffed it at the Barcelona airport duty-free shop, but I miserably did not buy it at that time. This one had some kind of addictive notes that, once boarded, I couldn't stop smelling the back of my hand... the more I sniffed it, the more I fell in love with it.
By the way, let me introduce you now to this original bouquet, which is like an Antoni Gaudí ’s artwork. To me, it is a dry sweet-oriental woody spicy fragrances. It opens with a fresh citrusy and zesty accord, there is plenty of lemons, mandarin, and bergamot citrus juice and peel in there that lasts quite a few minutes. This nice citrus fruit reminds me of the opening of Artisan John Varvatos for men. But something magic is even present, I guess it is the guava, with its strong aromatic and attractive perfume. I presume I’ve never smelled guava fruit, so I'm not sure if it's really that, but it smells like a Hawaiian sunset if a sunset had a smell and I'm guessing on the Hawaii thing because I've never been there, either! I’ve read that guavas have a strong aroma, very difficult to describe, slightly sweet, very flowery, and heady, and anytime you read that, it seems like a warning, yet not in this case, absolutely. I feel like I am in a tropical paradise, but far away from coconut or pineapple fruit.
Then, some herbal rosemary and thyme linger for a while in the air, just before the warm cashmere wood, patchouli, and cistus start leaving the skin and reach your nostril. It is a rarity having these notes in the beginning, which lead straight to the heart of the scent.

The most prevailing notes of the heart are the pink pepper, including a bit of cinnamon and caraway, and yet some more sparkling tangerine. That should be the reason why citrusy notes reappear later. Some aldehydes are in there, not in the aquatic form, but more close to a fresh breeze of air. In this mix, I strongly get the characteristic aroma of crushed pink peppercorns, which I adore.

After that, about one hour or so, dry woodsy notes of amber, mild musk, oakmoss, and vanilla take off and wrap your body. This pleasant sensation last for several hours, on both your skin and your clothes. Despite vanilla, musk, and oakmoss are in there, the perfume does not turn into a powdery accord.
Hence, there's lavender, guava, cinnamon, mint, everything you could imagine, but not like anything you're expecting. And if you give it a chance, it is better. This fragrance really stunned me, it has a complexity out of ordinary. This is really good, nothing smells close to it (except for the flankers).

Very nice see-through bottle, with a logo on the sprayer, orange-brown juice that resembles citrus based fragrance surrounded by soft spices and woods, and adorned with bronze metal parts. In line with my flavor, I think it gives its best during warmer temperature like late spring, summer, and even early autumns seasons. On my skin, both longevity and sillage are above the average, an outstanding fragrance. It deserves a 9/10.
I'm glad people don't wear this too much, given that it is one smell that makes you feel interesting. Like you are a really deep individual. An intellectual. And I really find myself reflecting a lot when I wear it. The name SOLO (on my own) couldn't be more fitting, I reckon.
10.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Okay fruity
Solo is a good fragrance and a safe buy.

Nothing extraordinary, but a nice fruity blend for everyday/all-year-around.

Smells good and not offensive.

Fruity and fresh. Lots of lavender with guava and tangerine.

Actually smells very synthetic.

Projection, sillage and lasting power are medium.

Updated December 2013

Elysium 3 years ago
This original bouquet, which is like an Antoni Gaudí’s artwork, to me, it is a dry sweet-oriental woody spicy fragrance, timeless yet novel!+2
10.0
6.0
10.0

by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by 123321
by 123321

Popular Loewe

Loewe pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe 7 (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe Esencia (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe Esencia (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Solo (Eau de Toilette) by Loewe 001 Man (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - El cielo sobre la Plaza de Oriente by Loewe Solo Cedro by Loewe 7 Natural by Loewe 001 Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Agua de Loewe by Loewe Un Paseo por Madrid - Un balcón sobre el Paseo del Prado by Loewe 7 Anónimo by Loewe Aura (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Solo Esencial by Loewe Aire by Loewe Quizás, Quizás, Quizás (Eau de Parfum) by Loewe Solo Absoluto by Loewe Solo Platinum by Loewe Gala (1991) by Loewe