L Fleur de Corail (2008)

L Fleur de Corail by Lolita Lempicka

L Fleur de Corail is a perfume by Lolita Lempicka for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrangipani, Orchid
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Driftwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.02.2019

8.0 5.0 7.0 7.5/10
Salty Jasmine
I didn't get much citrus opening with Coral Flower. It started almost directly with frangipani and amber. I didn't manage to relate the fragrance with sea like other reviewers do. But if sniff closer, I was able to detect a slight salty note. There is also a smoky texture that reminds me of Lush Lust and Annick Goutal Songes, which I assume is a particular interpretation of white flowers, and unfortunately is not my favourite way.

Overall it's a warm fragrance to my nose. I'd prefer wearing in spring and autumn, though it'd be a interesting choice in a summer evening or even in the day for oriental fans. The sillage for the first hours is relatively strong, but after 3 or 4 hours it becomes close to skin while remaining a certain intensity. The longevity is 7h at least. Though not really my cup of tea, it's still a fragrance of quality.
Soapy
Soft, powdery soapy citrus. Definitely unique, and not at all like L. It doesn't strike me as an aquatic scent but yet it seems nautical and does have a beachy feel to it. It's fresh and clean, but yet alluring at the same time. It does have a slight soapy scent to it. But if so, it's the most wonderful, softest creamiest soap that could be purchased. And if I were to make up the notes myself they would be driftwood, sea water, sand, soap, lemon, creamy vanilla, musk.
10.0 5.0 2.5 6.0/10
Light & Fleeting. Alas.
In general I adore heavier 'character' smells. Something that leaves an impact & is recognizable without that it acts as a 'force-field' of odour. Softer smells are welcome if they have a charm that lingers and are wonderful for breezy summer days, days at home, office hours or just for the times you want something 'light'.
After hearing & reading so much about it, I must confess; Lolita Lempicka's "Coral Flower" is a disappointment to me. It is a soft, powder smell with a faint floral whiff and a hint of sea air, but to my nose it lacks character.
The staying power is also disappointing and I can hardly smell it after twenty minutes or so. If you like a hint of flowers wrapped in sea-salt and don't mind refreshing it a couple of times, this one might do the trick. But why spent so much?
Oh, and one can't talk about this scent without mentioning the bottle! It's a very organic rock shape with little charms. It's a bottle you just don't ever want to throw out due to its decorative look. It fits wonderfully in the palm of your hand, it took me however some time to figure out how to spray it (it's a bit hidden). I only wish they had given as much thought to the potion inside as they -obviously- did to the design of the bottle, because I really wanted to love this one. And I still hope to find a Lempicka that will suit me.
10.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10
Icekat
A day on white sands beach
Coral Flower is definitely a different way of recreating the image of a tropical beach. This is not a salty, aquatic or citrus fresh fragrance but rather hot, dry and sunny. The combination of an amber, driftwood and spices reminds me of sinking into hot white sand with the warm sunshine on my skin while listening to the waves. I love the touch and smell of hot, sun bleached sand and I am impressed that this fragrance was able to recreate this experience for me.

There is much more in the opening then just straight up grapefruit and bergamot. There is something hot and spicy, perhaps a pinch of cinnamon and other spices. It is hot and sunny, bright and fun. The tropical theme continues with the lovely frangipani layered on the spices in the heart notes. The amber and driftwood are also with a touch of spices and sizzling hot in the dry down. The fragrance has an impressive sillage and longevity. It is lasted for 10 hours on me.

This scent is unique and fun to wear. I like it a lot but I would suggest testing before buying.
5.0 5.0 7.0/10
Beautiful bottle, beautiful scent
Initially I thought that Coral Flower was a less salty, more powdery vanilla than L de Lolita Lempicka. However, the more I smell this fragrance, the less convinced am I that it's vanilla that I'm smelling. Occasionally it smells like coconut milk and frangipani blooms.

It's quite tropical and beachy, possibly the most Summer appropriate scent from the house of Lolita Lempicka. The opening is lovely, a deliciously exotic blend of sugary lemon, vanilla orchid and frangipani.

In the heart the tropical aspect becomes stronger and more apparent, perhaps a little too synthetic at times as it did make me cringe. But give it some time, and eventually it smooths out into a powdery and delicate vanilla and coconut blend.

It has a somewhat calamine lotion type smell, which reminds me of Guerlain's Shalimar. This is further highlighted by the rich ambery-ness in the base.

Coral Flower is very likable. Even my mother who detests sweet scents often loved by the younger consumers, adored this. It's a nice change from those fruity florals and citrus aromatics which are often suggested for Summer.
7.0/10
Powdery flowers for summer
This is far my best from Lolita Lempicka series..The perfume is nice blended citrus-y opening and orange blossom is detectable to it.The missing notes should be sweet coconut oil and incense !!!Yes,i feel that the powdery/creamy feeling is the coconut and the incense ...The incense gives it the touch of smokiness .It's like the Prada Infusion d'Iris kind of feeling.
The whole composition is flowery ,powdery and a bit smokey!
It is perfect beachy scent for summer vacation.
I like it a lot and sure is lasting ...
10.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10
salty lemon mystery
This perfume fascinates me in a way few others do - sometimes I love it & sometimes it leaves me cold. When I love it, it is lemon-cornmeal cookies at the beach - sweet/citrus/coarse salty. When it leaves me cold, it seems like an expensive imported laundry detergent. Either way, it lasts for hours and hours. I'd been dithering over buying some for ages, but found it at TJ Maxx for $16 for 30 ml, which had to be a sign from the Perfume Gods.(060710)

by beneo
by Tusnelda
by Thornyrose
by Thornyrose

Popular Lolita Lempicka

L (Eau de Parfum) by Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (Eau de Toilette) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (1997) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (2012) by Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita (Eau de Parfum) by Lolita Lempicka L Fleur de Corail by Lolita Lempicka Fleur Défendue / Forbidden Flower by Lolita Lempicka L'Eau en Blanc by Lolita Lempicka Elle L'Aime by Lolita Lempicka Sweet by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2012 by Lolita Lempicka L'Eau Jolie by Lolita Lempicka L'Eau Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Toilette) (1997) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2009 by Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita Eau de Minuit by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Toilette) (2011) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2014 - Minuit Sonne by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2011 by Lolita Lempicka Caprice Amarena / Amarena Whim by Lolita Lempicka