L'Eau Jolie (2013)

L'Eau Jolie by Lolita Lempicka

L'Eau Jolie is a perfume by Lolita Lempicka for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by AmorePacific / 아모레퍼시픽은.

Top Notes Top NotesNashi pear, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Peony, Peach blossom
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by Joe, last update on 06.09.2019

8.0 5.0 5.0 6.5/10

Anessa
Not Lolita, for better or for worse
My admiration for the fragrances of this brand had always been rather limited to the visual aspects. I did have the privilege to smell the original EDP on a weekly basis during my school days, but it was only several years later while stepping deeper into the fragrance hobby that I found out the name of the iconic classic.
Whoever had gifted it to her, the other-worldly scent in a fairytale apple could have been custom-made for the nymph she was.
My expectations were raised for L'Eau Jolie by many reviews which seemed to welcome this flanker as finally the Lolita for those who unfortunately could not identify themselves with nymphs and other mystical creatures. Perhaps this was the chance that I finally could justify owing at least one of these pretty objects...?

Alas, the fruit of joy turned out to be another fruit défendu. My nose picks up the citrus most strongly which once again turns astringent on my skin bordering on detergents. The pastel-coloured bouquet of dainty florals and the dewy fruit notes translates to me as a somewhat thin, watery, and slightly sweet floral-fruity shampoo with an EDT-appropriate longevity.
Undoubtedly, L'Eau Jolie's content is true to its presentation: A very spring-like, transparent, inoffensive, youthfully feminine fragrance without any candy- or remotely gourmand aspects; even exuding an innocent air as if the namesake heroine had been stripped off of all her premature traits and attempts on seduction and manipulation with her sex appeal. Both the translucent pink glass and the naming really go well with the concept conjuring the untinted, healthy 'joy' of a preteen girl devoid of all the dark facets that were aptly presented in the other versions. ... And yet, a delicate and powdery (unlisted) violet peeking out from time to time reminded me of the original, proving the Lolita Lempicka connection, a mutation within the DNA - rather Dolores than Lolita.

The phenomenon regarding the reception of this fragrance I observed reminded me of "Peace, Love & Juicy Couture". It apparently failed due to the discrepancy of the core fan group's expectations and actual deliverance.
A sudden, huge shift in the fragrance type could have expanded the target group, while the passionate apple collector would have accepted anything if only for the bottle. However, avid fans of the 'tranditional' LLs disappointedly seem to have dismissed it as something alien and almost feeling betrayed - whereas the more neutral (and somewhat hopeful) other end of the spectrum like myself could not be sufficiently convinced. This is even more so considering the charged price which appears to be rather based on the brand's name and collectors' bottle value - without meaning offence, I personally would think that fairly pleasant alternatives were numerously available at a much lower price point.

In my teens (and even early twens), I may not have withstood the temptation to keep this perfume for its visual attractivity... but as I definitely did not belong to the target group anymore, I passed it on to someone who would do it more justice and show appreciation by wearing it, instead of dragon-hoarding the glittering treasure.
Still, it is a real shame that I ended up with none of 'em beauties at all.

Originally written 17/9/2016
10.0 5.0 5.0 10.0/10

Surprised!
I received a sample of this with an order, and was very surprised to find I liked it. My taste runs more to aromatic green and unisex citrus fragrances than to fruity florals, but this I like - maybe its the pear in the opening, because I like it less as it dries down. There is some kind of synthetic musky note I dislike. I wear it when I want to be sure I won't offend anyone with my more interesting fragrances.
2.5 2.5 4.0/10

Jbells
Soft, pleasant, but disappointingly boring
Straight from the nozzle, you could smell the musky peonies, and this is what I first perceive on my skin, along with a bergamot-like presence that is peppered with peach. It's actually a little richer than I thought it would be, but still manages to retain a somewhat light quality throughout.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't develop much, apart from becoming a little more fruity as it wears on. Its powdery texture reminds me of some other rose-centered perfumes that I've tried, but have no fear rose-haters, it doesn't resemble a rose in any way, even though at some points, it gets a little jasmine-esque. A while before it dies, it gains a deeper creamy peachy woody (forgive the many y's) feel that is like a pretty skin scent.

In more ways than one, L'eau Jolie is a disappointment, to me, that is. It feels like a lazy perfume that refuses to accomplish its full potential. On me, it is neither rich nor light enough, neither fruity nor floral, neither powdery nor soapy enough. With some perfumes, combos like that work, but with this, it just feels half-baked. Lukewarm. I wish Lolita Lempicka had worked on giving it a defining edge, rather than leaving unfinished ends.

It is not horrible, by any means. In fact, I do believe that this would make a rather unoffensive day-to-day perfume, but it's just not one I would bother getting an FB of, which is terribly disappointing because I can see how this can be a fairly elegant and feminine perfume. I'm sorry to say that there are better perfumes out there with similar notes that do a better job.

Longevity: a little less than 3 hours
Sillage: Next to none. I have to hold my hand up to my nose to get a sniff.
1.0/10

putrid piercing peony
As I've noted in some other reviews, I've tried quite a few peony scents in the last few months because I have a niece who's looking for just the right one. My stash of peony-related samples is dwindling, and I'm rather happy about that.

L'eau Jolie, while listed as having some notes I often love (blackcurrant, cedar), is all about the peony. It's that gigantic, smothering pink peony out of the test tubes of an evil laboratory that I've smelled in so many other scents.

I used to be more patient about sitting around and letting a scent develop. Now, I realize that there is no way I can keep up with even a tenth of the scents released every year. So, if a scent makes me physically uncomfortable at any point, I scrub it and move on. Here, the giant peony was poking a hole in my sinuses as soon as I put it on and was blasting away at me 20 minutes later with no hint of any other notes.

And so I scrubbed.

by Lene002
by Monparfum
by Monparfum

Popular Lolita Lempicka

L (Eau de Parfum) by Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (Eau de Toilette) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (1997) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (2012) by Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita (Eau de Parfum) by Lolita Lempicka L Fleur de Corail by Lolita Lempicka Fleur Défendue / Forbidden Flower by Lolita Lempicka L'Eau en Blanc by Lolita Lempicka Elle L'Aime by Lolita Lempicka Sweet by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2012 by Lolita Lempicka L'Eau Jolie by Lolita Lempicka L'Eau Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2009 by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Toilette) (1997) by Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita Eau de Minuit by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Toilette) (2011) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2014 - Minuit Sonne by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2011 by Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lolita Lempicka