Lempicka Homme (2018)

Lempicka Homme by Lolita Lempicka

Lempicka Homme is a popular perfume by Lolita Lempicka for men and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Leslie Leonor International.

Top Notes Top NotesIvy, Absinth, Aniseed
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Violet wood, Orgeat syrup, Rum
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Cistus, Vanilla, Musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 29.07.2020.

Rquill67
A Beautiful Licorice and Anise Fragrance!
This is my first fragrance from Lolita Lempicka, and that means I have nothing to compare this fragrance to, nor can I compare to previous Lolita Lempicka fragrances for men. This is my first fragrance with licorice, anise, and wormwood, and I really enjoy this blend together. I've read some not so favorable reviews regarding this release, and I'm not sure I understand some of the dislike (probably because I cannot compare to previous compositions). So perhaps this is an unbiased review? This is an amazing fragrance in terms of scent, however the only downside is the longevity or projection. I need to spray about 8 - 10 times to get 2 - 3 hours out of this fragrance (I'm okay with this however - and I realize some of the frag-heads in the community would say "this sucks"). I'm really enjoying the sweetness of the almond, sugar and vanilla; the soft spiciness of the wormwood, anise and licorice; and the woody and ivy notes. Not sure if I smell the rose water or rum? I would definitely recommend this fragrance guys! Safe to wear for any occasion, for any season, and for any workplace. I give this one 8 / 10 and only because of the longevity and projection issues, otherwise it would be 10 / 10 for sure!
3lbows
Only halflings left in the Shire.
OG, or "original gangster" in the language of the generation TicToc is the original version of something that once was (good), and in its current version - at least - is different.
Homme is Lolita Lempicka's 2018 new edition of the popular Au Masculin, the OG, which is no longer available.
As with the Au, Homme focuses on a sweet liquorice chord. As soon as it is sprayed on, this warm, uncomplicated but unusual note plays the leading role. In addition, there is something alcoholic, due to the absinthe, but this fades away after less than five minutes, until after 30 minutes the fragrance changes into a skin-tight vanilla-musk combination, but always retaining the liquorice note.
With Au Masculin, everything is more defined, especially the boozy top note is clearer, which also makes it feel spicier and lasts longer. The fragrance simply has a higher resolution and is more valuable than Homme. This also applies to durability and sillage: Where the Au has a decent performance, Homme tends to be a little slow. After 4 hours it is very close to the skin, it can't really radiate even with a generous dosage.
What I particularly like about both is the atmosphere they create. Homme, like Au Masculin, is fairytale, spherical, playful and cosy, and thus remains true to the theme of many Lempicka fragrances. You can really let yourself fall into a fairy forest here, with a gingerbread house and everything that goes with it. This gives this pair of fragrances a high recognition value and at the same time high wearability, although not to formal matters. Aniseed and liquorice freshen up the sweet scent, which I would normally associate with the cold season, to such an extent that it is also suitable in spring and on cooler summer days, not least because of its lightness. But: Homme, even more than Au Masculin is more of a for-you-alone scent, a kind of mood background, in contrast to state scents like Aventus and Sauvage or cleaners like Prada.
Au Masculin does not exist any more, therefore Lempicka Homme is for me without competition. It's a pity, because I would have liked the OG as it was, or a lighter cologne that picks up on the sweet liquorice and thinks ahead for the summer. Lempicka Homme is neither of the two.
The famous second chance
This fragrance has really not received much attention so far. Time to drag him a little more out of the shadows.
Well, I'm not really the friend for scent experiments on unknown matter. But how did I actually get this scent? A few months ago I had my almost full YSL Cologne Bleu in my souk. From the YSL I once got a sample in the perfumery and I really liked it. My wife then gave me a bottle for my birthday - but I was really disappointed by the performance, so good Yves was allowed to leave me again. A perfumer wrote to me and offered me the good Lolita. Happy that Yves could leave (he had been in the souk for a while), I agreed. That was my first blind swap/purchase.

After I was allowed to call Lolita my own, I was somehow disappointed. It had for me a hint of Le Male and other similar things - which is not bad, but not at all my fragrance. Resigning and giving without a second chance, I advertised Lolita again in the souk. The response to the fragrance was quite besch..., uh clear to not present and I was annoyed that I had souked up an unknown fragrance, which then has only five ratings on perfume. Who should be interested in buying or exchanging?
Now some months had passed since the exchange and I sprayed Lolita from "boredom" once again on my wrist. Maybe it was because I had trained my nose a little in the meantime by the acquisition of many, very many samples and fillings and had increased my tolerance and openness towards other than fresh smells somewhat (Oriental is still not really mine, but I have already had a few under the nose, which I would be quite ready to wear as an alternative with scarcity of raw materials for fresh smells), but suddenly I found Lolita no longer bad, therefore not bad at all, really good.

Behind all this sweetness hides something slightly machine oil, benzotic, almost smoky, which makes the scent more masculine than I noticed when I first sniffed it. I find it no longer oriental, but rather sweet and smoky with a hint of detergent. The insertion of the cleaning agent is due to my scent experience in a holiday apartment in the USA. There, the elevator was cleaned daily with an extremely fragrant agent, which has a rather strong resemblance to Lolita.

If you browse through the forum, you'll read that Lempicka Homme is said to be a descendant of Au Masculin from the same family. Since I am in absolute ignorance of Au Masculin, I can neither negate nor confirm this. All I can say is that Lempicka Homme should get more attention because it's really a solid fragrance that could please many who find Le Male too sloppy, Reflection too expensive and Pegasus too violent. I don't want to say that this Lolita here is an imitation of the above-mentioned scents - it really isn't, but you have a few big cousins in common.
My knowledge of sweet scents is limited, but if you gentlemen like Givenchy, Luna Rossa (Extreme) or YSL La Nuit, this scent might be your favorite
The shelf life is quite ok with 6 to 7 hours, the Sillage leaves nothing to be desired.

So if you ever get the chance, you should treat yourself to a little nose of the fragrance. My Lolita stays with me for now :-)
Thanks for reading

Carlitos01Carlitos01 18 months ago
(Luckily) I got a decant and not a flask. The scent is similar to "Au Masculin", but you must spray it in your nostrils. Zero performance!

Popular Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2009 by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2011 by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (2012) by Lolita Lempicka L (Eau de Parfum) by Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (Eau de Toilette) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (1997) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2012 by Lolita Lempicka LolitaLand by Lolita Lempicka L'Eau en Blanc by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2014 - Minuit Sonne by Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita Eau de Minuit by Lolita Lempicka Elle L'Aime by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Toilette) (1997) by Lolita Lempicka L (Parfum) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Toilette) (2011) by Lolita Lempicka Fleur Défendue / Forbidden Flower by Lolita Lempicka L Fleur de Corail by Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita (Eau de Parfum) by Lolita Lempicka Caprice Amarena / Amarena Whim by Lolita Lempicka