Lolita Lempicka 1997 Eau de Parfum

Version from 1997
Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (1997) by Lolita Lempicka
Bottle Design Alain de Mourgues
7.7 / 10 257 Ratings
Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (1997) is a popular perfume by Lolita Lempicka for women and was released in 1997. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top Notes PineapplePineapple IvyIvy MahoganyMahogany Star aniseStar anise VioletViolet LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart Notes IrisIris JasmineJasmine Lily of the valleyLily of the valley AmaryllisAmaryllis Glycyrrhiza glabraGlycyrrhiza glabra VetiverVetiver
Base Notes Base Notes HeliotropeHeliotrope AlmondAlmond MuskMusk PralinéPraliné TobaccoTobacco Tonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla VetiverVetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.01.2023.

12 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Top Review 7
A modern classic
When first introduced to perfume world, I was smitten witl Lolita Lempicka's creations. I had this sudden urge to own them all. At the time the first one I had in my hands was a mini of this.
To this day I believe this is a very distinctive and recognizable modern scent. I dont find it similar to TM Angel as I have heard several times. The colour of the flacon is so representing the juice inside, this smell is absolutely purple, with the pretty violets and the dark anise, the deep licorice.. A very successful combination which creates an instant fairy tale, a magic world. This is not a mainstream scent in anyway. It may be sweet for some, for me it is kind of surreal. Although I dont wear it very often, it holds a very special place in my heart. As I suggest in the title, it is a contempporary classic, and it will be worn for many many years ahead.
Helpful Review 11
Lolita - the revelation!
When I met Lolita a long time ago, I was still a Lolita myself; young, free and unselfconscious. The encounter with the fragrance was a cordial one. A work colleague of mine, who was beautiful and lovely at the same time, always dressed skillfully and casually, smelled simply unearthly good. Fascinated by scents even then, I found myself visiting her office more often than necessary. So her scent was no less than Lolita Lempicka 1997. What a delight to associate such an intense scent with such a special person. It creates positive thoughts and thus shapes our memories, which in turn shape our attitudes. All over Lolita for me is the exuberant anise note which reminds me of Christmas. The violet and vanilla add the sweet playfulness to the scent. I can't really make out the rest of the notes. Lolita Lempicka was something of a revelation for me, a revelation because every time I wear the fragrance I feel that lightness of my youth and with it the hint of impartiality catches me for a moment. The beautiful bottle reflects the special fragrance by dramatically staging the epitome of all beginnings. An apple, forbidden, seductive, gilded - the forbidden anise in a sea of violet and vanilla. As if to tell us, "forbidden fruit tastes best after all"

an OG before the angel-ocalypse
bought this back in 1997 and it still smells amazing. this morning my baby dog luna (my rescue pit bull from our local shelter) decided she wanted to give me kisses right at the exact moment i was spritzing myself and is now shambling around the house reeking of lempicka's cloying cloud of licorice, star anise and vanilla bean. hahahaaa! poor thing does smell lovely though!

Helpful Review 4
Lolita Lempicka
The first time I ever smelled this perfume I was in a car with friends of mine. I remember sitting there and being overwhelmed by this beautiful, deep fragrance but I didn't know what it was. I asked if someone had just put on perfume and sure enough one of them said they had. I asked her what it was and she told me it was Lolita Lempicka. I had never smelled a perfume quite like that before. It smelled very rich and sweet to me. Very alluring and exotic. I loved it! It's a very special perfume that smells just aggressive enough to be unisex.

Helpful Review 2
sweet-green-purple-wood
Lolita Lempicka is often identified as one of the post–Angel issue. The first of Angel’s progeny, many of which would follow. Most of those would be defined as cotton candy + something loud, the loud usually being a harsh floral note or an enormous but simple fruity note. While this group of followers can be considered imitators, they mostly don’t fall into the same (sub?)genre as Angel, one I call unresolved gourmands, or fragrances with a food element combined with something that makes them appear simultaneously edible and poison. A great trick, and one that Angel pulls off exquisitely, but one that most of the followers miss by being strictly gourmand, and purely dessert at that.

I understand the line from Angel to LL, and it has to do with corresponding philosophies of construction, but the wonder of LL is that it gives you something qualitatively distinct from Angel. Despite a similar combination of florals with patchouli and other fruit and woody elements, to my nose LL is not gourmand. It is a sweet, woody perfume, like a viscous play on the sweet, sheer wood of Chanel’s Egoiste. While Angel’s first and virtually only state is dissonance, LL puts dissimilar elements together toward one rich accord. The floral notes, particularly iris and violet, bring together the other ingredients in an interesting fashion. The cool iris ties to the licorice, and the violet ties to a somewhat herbal green feel that connects it by extension to a fruity sweetness. Despite licorice and a fruit note, though, LL doesn’t seem come off something to eat. What I’ve seen identified as an ivy note combines cool and green, falling in line with both the iris and violet notes. Two points on similarity of construction yet difference in tone: 1) in LL, patchouli gives a gummy sweetness, but not Angel’s mothball/poison blast, 2) although sweet from a number of angles (licorice, musk, fruit), there’s no cotton-candy in LL. LL winds up cool and comfortable as opposed to the shrieking avenging Angel.

(Angel is so bombastic that I find it easy simply to characterize it. On the record, I both admire and enjoy Angel.)

LL hints at its gourmand-era origins but doesn’t land in cohort-lockstep with the post-Angels. If I haven’t really made the point, LL is a gorgeous and utterly charming fragrance. Also, my friend Aleli wears it and she’s wonderful.
More reviews

1 short view on the fragrance
HajuvanaHajuvana 6 years ago
Balancing act between edible and inedible. Powdery cloud of licorice and cherries - almost too girly for a guy. Very precisely almost.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

45 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2009 by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2011 by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (2012) by Lolita Lempicka L (Eau de Parfum) by Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (Eau de Toilette) by Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Lolita Lempicka LolitaLand by Lolita Lempicka L'Eau en Blanc by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2012 by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (2017) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2014 - Minuit Sonne by Lolita Lempicka Élixir Sublime by Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita Eau de Minuit by Lolita Lempicka Lempicka Green Lover by Lolita Lempicka Elle L'Aime by Lolita Lempicka L (Parfum) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2013 by Lolita Lempicka Lempicka Homme by Lolita Lempicka L Fleur de Corail by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Toilette) (1997) by Lolita Lempicka