Lolita Lempicka (1997) Eau de Parfum

Version from 1997
Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (1997) by Lolita Lempicka
Bottle Design: Alain de Mourgues

Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (1997) is a popular perfume by Lolita Lempicka for women and was released in 1997. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The production was apparently discontinued.

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Ivy, Mahogany, Star anise, Violet, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Amaryllis, Licorice, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Almond, Musk, Praliné, Tobacco, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.08.2018

Helpful Review
She draws men like months to the light
This is my sweetheart's favorite perfume. When we are going out on an evening date, I reach for Lolita Lempicka, more to please my man than myself. Don't get me wrong, it is one of my favs as well (after Shalimar my favorite evening perfume). If I'd lure in a man (not that I do now, because I am in committed relationship), but if, this baby is the "tool". It seems to draw men like moths to the light. Super feminine and sexy!
10.0 10.0/10

an OG before the angel-ocalypse
bought this back in 1997 and it still smells amazing. this morning my baby dog luna (my rescue pit bull from our local shelter) decided she wanted to give me kisses right at the exact moment i was spritzing myself and is now shambling around the house reeking of lempicka's cloying cloud of licorice, star anise and vanilla bean. hahahaaa! poor thing does smell lovely though!
10.0 5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Sweetly Surreal
This fragrance is everything I love. It’s extremely girly: it’s frills, lace,
cupcakes, butterflies and flowers. However, this is a perfume for girly girls with an edge. The liquorice/ aniseed note along with the spices, wood and tobacco make this unique and give it a feisty backbone. I suppose Eve might’ve worn this had it been around in Eden.

Aniseed Balls
They take the seed of the rapeseed plant and coat it layer by layer in aniseed flavoured candy, finishing with a dark brown coating of gobstopper lustre. This was one of the most common sweets of my childhood and probably explains why I associate the herbal influence of LL with the seed and the sweetness of the concoction with layers of aniseed balls.

Cadbury's Milk Chocolate is wrapped in a glossy overwrap of thickly coated 'Cadbury's' Purple (Pantone 2685C) over a tightly stretched foil layer. There's a fragrance when the packet is opened that is only vaguely chocolate because it's heavily masked by the covering, the indigo smell of purple and the zinc of the foil. This is the second element of LL to my nose.

I don't know if I consider Lolita Lempicka a fragrance because sometimes I smell Christmas Ham.
The bottle could indeed double as a Christmas tree decoration and if it was musical it would sing 'When you wish upon a Star'
Gourmand anyone?

Lolita Lempicka
The first time I ever smelled this perfume I was in a car with friends of mine. I remember sitting there and being overwhelmed by this beautiful, deep fragrance but I didn't know what it was. I asked if someone had just put on perfume and sure enough one of them said they had. I asked her what it was and she told me it was Lolita Lempicka. I had never smelled a perfume quite like that before. It smelled very rich and sweet to me. Very alluring and exotic. I loved it! It's a very special perfume that smells just aggressive enough to be unisex.

sweet-green-purple-wood
Lolita Lempicka is often identified as one of the post–Angel issue. The first of Angel’s progeny, many of which would follow. Most of those would be defined as cotton candy + something loud, the loud usually being a harsh floral note or an enormous but simple fruity note. While this group of followers can be considered imitators, they mostly don’t fall into the same (sub?)genre as Angel, one I call unresolved gourmands, or fragrances with a food element combined with something that makes them appear simultaneously edible and poison. A great trick, and one that Angel pulls off exquisitely, but one that most of the followers miss by being strictly gourmand, and purely dessert at that.

I understand the line from Angel to LL, and it has to do with corresponding philosophies of construction, but the wonder of LL is that it gives you something qualitatively distinct from Angel. Despite a similar combination of florals with patchouli and other fruit and woody elements, to my nose LL is not gourmand. It is a sweet, woody perfume, like a viscous play on the sweet, sheer wood of Chanel’s Egoiste. While Angel’s first and virtually only state is dissonance, LL puts dissimilar elements together toward one rich accord. The floral notes, particularly iris and violet, bring together the other ingredients in an interesting fashion. The cool iris ties to the licorice, and the violet ties to a somewhat herbal green feel that connects it by extension to a fruity sweetness. Despite licorice and a fruit note, though, LL doesn’t seem come off something to eat. What I’ve seen identified as an ivy note combines cool and green, falling in line with both the iris and violet notes. Two points on similarity of construction yet difference in tone: 1) in LL, patchouli gives a gummy sweetness, but not Angel’s mothball/poison blast, 2) although sweet from a number of angles (licorice, musk, fruit), there’s no cotton-candy in LL. LL winds up cool and comfortable as opposed to the shrieking avenging Angel.

(Angel is so bombastic that I find it easy simply to characterize it. On the record, I both admire and enjoy Angel.)

LL hints at its gourmand-era origins but doesn’t land in cohort-lockstep with the post-Angels. If I haven’t really made the point, LL is a gorgeous and utterly charming fragrance. Also, my friend Aleli wears it and she’s wonderful.
10.0 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Unusual & Unique
After blindly purchasing "Fleur de Corail" & "Fleur Defendue" and regretfully having to acknowledge that Fleur de Corail is too soft and than gone in a hurry on my skin. And Fleur Defendue is gorgeous but also takes a premature leave off my skin. I sampled Si Lolita but although pepper doesn't bother me, something in that mix was too peppery for comfort to me. So, today I dreaded to put this one on but I had to know if Lolita & I could find common ground. After all, what I smelled from Defendue was heavenly and too unusual not to be able to enjoy.

::Review of Lolita Lempicka EdP for women, in (gorgeous) purple glass bottle::

The first spray is a bit harsh, almost chemical, but quickly I can detect licorice and anise! Hmmm I smell something green, an area of the forest where there is more shade than sun just after a rain storm (Ivy?). Hmm Very unusual, almost otherworldly! It's been now over six hours! Unlike Defendue this one stays! OMG! It likes me! *swoons* Finally I have a Lolita that plays nice with my chemistry.

I love the licorice- anise mix. It's not too much it's just right. (I guess that is the problem I had with Defendue, too light or not enough of the right stuff?.)
And the softness in the dry down is addictive. I keep smelling my wrists and enjoy my own amazement at how much I like this unusual trouble maker in its fairytale bottle! Tomorrow I am buying this, because Lolita & I have some catching up to do!
2.5 5.0 8.0/10

What took me so long?
I'm not so sure why it took me so long to get around to sampling this scent, but I must say that I am delighted! Perhaps it was my experience with L, which is likable but a bit too pedestrian to be unique. I was expecting another sugary confection, but no, it's not. :)

The Licorice & Vetiver present themselves immediately on my skin. Unisex at this stage, most definitely, and now I know why so many men wear this scent. I then pick up some Anise and a Woody accord or two, and then the Licorice. Eventually, I get Shalimar-like flashbacks, in a good way - it's likely the iris, jasmine, vetiver, vanilla, tonka bean, & woody accords giving me the impression.

As LL dries, it just melts into my skin, demonstrating to me once again that tonka bean & vanilla work very well for me. LL is not overly strong or persistent, just present ... my skin, only better.

LL is a sweet scent but not overly sugary. I get a lovely powdery character throughout, which is just perfect for my taste & style. As a fifteen yo fragrance, I suspect this fragrance is best suited for cougars, not kittens, and the more fragrant-hungry fellas.

But, here's the problem ... the bottle ... more specifically, the integrated sprayer. Mine leaks, dribbles, and wastes juice. It's a great bottle but a lousy cap design. I don't have this trouble with L Coral Flower which is a more functional & better designed. I can't be the only one with this trouble - it's so darn cute but so terribly inefficient.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

A modern classic
When first introduced to perfume world, I was smitten witl Lolita Lempicka's creations. I had this sudden urge to own them all. At the time the first one I had in my hands was a mini of this.
To this day I believe this is a very distinctive and recognizable modern scent. I dont find it similar to TM Angel as I have heard several times. The colour of the flacon is so representing the juice inside, this smell is absolutely purple, with the pretty violets and the dark anise, the deep licorice.. A very successful combination which creates an instant fairy tale, a magic world. This is not a mainstream scent in anyway. It may be sweet for some, for me it is kind of surreal. Although I dont wear it very often, it holds a very special place in my heart. As I suggest in the title, it is a contempporary classic, and it will be worn for many many years ahead.

Hajuvana 3 years ago
Balancing act between edible and inedible. Powdery cloud of licorice and cherries - almost too girly for a guy. Very precisely almost.+1

by Cincy
by Anapaula
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Lolita Lempicka

L (Eau de Parfum) by Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (Eau de Toilette) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (1997) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Parfum) (2012) by Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita (Eau de Parfum) by Lolita Lempicka L Fleur de Corail by Lolita Lempicka Fleur Défendue / Forbidden Flower by Lolita Lempicka L'Eau en Blanc by Lolita Lempicka Elle L'Aime by Lolita Lempicka Sweet by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2012 by Lolita Lempicka L'Eau Jolie by Lolita Lempicka L'Eau Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2009 by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Toilette) (1997) by Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita Eau de Minuit by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka (Eau de Toilette) (2011) by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2014 - Minuit Sonne by Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Eau de Minuit 2011 by Lolita Lempicka Caprice Amarena / Amarena Whim by Lolita Lempicka