Alamut (2006) Eau de Toilette

Alamut (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi

Alamut (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is oriental-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesOsmanthus, Rose, Jasmine, Rosewood, Exotic blossoms
Heart Notes Heart NotesNarcissus, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang, Orange blossom, Labdanum, Amber notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Amyris, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Benzoin, Leather, Powdery notes

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 28.05.2019

8.0 4.0 8.0 7.5/10

Very soft scent
Still on my 'perfume stash tidy' kick I pulled from my overflowing sample case Alamut for one last test before I 'use it or lose it'.

The first spray of Alamut gives me a spicey carnation. It is beautiful and short lived, to be counted in seconds rather than minutes.

The perfume once dry sends benzoin sweetened orange blossom and rose wafting up to my nose. Even at this stage it is a perfumed leather scent that is gentle, soft like chamois leather and with a spicy feel (but not strong enough spice to call a spicy scent). Under my clothes it tilts towards a slightly bitter neroli whereas my forearm is more roselike with aspects of vanilla (by which I mean not a definite vanilla - no death by cupcake essence here).

Dry but not tipping over into baby powder, it has the dustyness of hot summer sun streaming through windows, baking cotten nets, but a touch sharpened reminding me of petitgrain and ylang ylang.

Very nice indeed but underdone. It does have silage as coming back into 'the testing room' the fragrance hangs gently in the air but I have to smell my skin very closely to pick up on the scent and have no perfumed aura around me that allows me to smell it as I go about my day. That being said, I do consider myself a chronic undersprayer used, as I am, to powerful perfumes such as Aromatics Elixir where a tentative half spray allows for a wonderfully fragranced day. From my manufacturer's sample vile I sprayed four times on my forearm and eight on my chest under my clothes.

Sometimes there is a slight floral floor polish smell reminding me of Pot Pourri Mr. Sheen that was quite de riguour when I first set up home (wish it were still available with Mr. Sheen in his airoplane, cloth at the ready to whisk away surface dust, engine exhaust trailing flowers through my house).

I had a flower
My flower again
I should have to ride
In an airoplane.
by Mabel Lucie Attwell

Under my clothes it reminded me of Avon Timeless untill I put a dab of Timeless on to make a direct comparison at which point I could no longer smell Alamut at all due to Timeless having such strength of smell in comparison. 20 minutes later and all I can smell is Timeless.

I don't get Alamut as the place or the book, and find it far too soft in scent to be reminded of perfumed baths and skin softening oils.

Decision - use it. If I were able to get to a perfume store I would try it in eau de parfum and pure parfum but the eau de toilette lacks strength and performance on my skin to be a purchase.

Eau de toilette carded manufacturer's sample from around 2014
10.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

Sit back and enjoy
At the first sniff from ALAMUT I was not enough experienced. It was 2 years ago, if I remember well, before my perfume-mania escalated. A few days ago the bottle catched my eyes, all of the other Villoresi bottles were pale or blue, only this one had noisy red color. I will never regret that I sampled.

Testing without reading the notes - it took a quite long time to realize that the beautiful and heavy scent came mainly from flowers. At the beginning ALAMUT acts like an attacking cavalry (which will win, of course), filling up your senses and mind.

I smelled a great spicy, almond-sweet, almost opium-like fragrance, oriental, but not on a sensual way. I just happened to not bumping into obstacles on my way while sniffing continuously my wrist. The notes are so exotic and complex, that I could not recognize them, and first I thought that nutmeg and/or carnation should be there. I guess, I will hit the lottery numbers with same efficiency. But ALAMUT is really spicy and balmy.

After wearing for a day, getting home, being tired, sit back in your favourite armchair, close your eyes, take a deep breath with your wrist at your nose, and rest assured. Fresh, peaceful and nice amber will calm down your nerves.

by EauMySoul