Atman Xaman 2018 Eau de Parfum

Atman Xaman (Eau de Parfum) by Lorenzo Villoresi
Atman Xaman (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-resinous. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange
TobaccoTobacco
AmberAmber
WoodsWoods
MuskMusk

Submitted by Maggy4u, last update on 17.10.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Atman Xaman (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi, which differs in concentration.

A Proper Concentration Upgrade
Finally got this! Now that my nose has matured since the last i reviewed the EDT version, i would say this is a mature, boozy, animalic, oriental, tobacco fragrance. A more intense version of the EDT, but true to it.

The EDT is sweeter in the dry down whereas this holds the line at the amber, never really going too far down the sweet path.

The EDT version divulges more facets of the note pyramid where the EDP version is just a dense, farraginous, moist, version of the EDT.

Sorry if i'm being lazy, but i do believe this has a slight note deviation from the EDT. Maybe due to having a higher concentration because, as mentioned above, it smells the same be it more denser and richer. Sometimes when upping a concentration it will create a totally different vibe than the original, so the nose/composer has to compensate by deviating from the original note pyramid and even structure to bring it more inline with it's predecessor. I'm just speculating on that was what actually happened here.

I believe, esp if you like this scent profile, the both are justified owning together. The EDT is for warmer days and daytime appropiate and the EDP is for cooler days and more evenings/going out appropiate.

All and all, I'm happy to have it in my collection.
Grandpa's old cigar box
Oh it's been a long time and yet soooo familiar!

Suddenly I am a child again when I was about 7-9 years old.

I'm sneaking around my grandparents' house unsuspectingly... ...and finally I got bored.

We ran out of cake and the others were chatting and I had left my toys at home... Damn!

So after a while I end up in the attic and feel my way quietly and carefully through my grandfather's possessions. Man, man, that was exciting
After a lot of boring stuff, I actually get my hands on this old wooden box (felt 100 years old).

Totally unspectacular in itself, but somehow also fascinating.

When I opened it, I was immediately met by a rather "musty" and spicy smell, which knocked me over first... of course, I was a no quilting and such smells were unusual! When I smelled it a little bit longer, a cosy warmth came along and I couldn't stop smelling it... if they hadn't called my name, I would have stayed at the same place today.

But let's get to the scent:

Pleasant, masculine, slightly musty but nevertheless pleasantly fragrant cigar tobacco, paired with vanilla or tonka bean notes. This pleasant feeling can certainly also come from the amber, but I'm not sure about it.

Whichever note is definitely pure of my sensation is the synthetic musk note. The reason for this is certainly the longer durability as well as the emphasis and intensity of the individual components.

Find that the artificial musk in many fragrances could actually be omitted, but that would probably also reduce the sillage and shelf life.
But it would certainly be more environmentally friendly!

Who wears this fragrance then?

In my opinion it is clearly the male species and probably due to the cigar and tobacco notes rather from the age of 35+.

Season? Definitely autumn, winter (especially) and partly in spring.

In conclusion, it can be said that this fragrance does not really evolve over the day and is not very complex in itself, but for me it is one of the best beautiful fragrances I have come across so far.

So if you like tobacco leaf, cigar boxes and pleasant vanilla and amber notes, you won't go wrong here! :-)
FabianO
Dry-garnished landscapes, mythically charged: resinous-sweet-herbal-woody roughnecks
Yes, that was once again one of those rather rare blind sharings, where I was convinced by the pure, naked list of ingredients of the fragrance of the act of purchase and was also confirmed.

"Atman Xaman", a mysterious-mythical name, in which the "shaman" is hidden, already gives you a hint that here rather classical and oldschoolige flavours will appear and we will keep miles away from the synthetic shower gel plunder, which clog the perfumery shelves
Villoresi makes really clear aromatic announcements here - we travel to woody, tobacco-toned, almost a little creaky-dry landscapes, where only a few sparse herbs and spices survive the sun and heat.
A little steppe-like, at least very, very Southern European to African in its style.

The cistus (Labdanum) dominates at the beginning together with the strawflower and the tobacco, slightly resinous, in a slightly herb-like way discreetly sweet.
Pleasant to smell anyway, far away I have to think of Andy Tauer's creations, some of which also have this rather exquisite, mineral, fine-resin impact.

Later, a rather mild leather, a fine creamy amber and a good portion of woods come to the fore, which give "Atman Xaman" its very own masculine aura, which again and again - a bit like "Au coeur desert" - lets shimmering desert landscapes appear in front of the inner eye. Or at least sun-dried landscapes in Sicily. The Villoresi is not as oriental as the Tauer.
Beautiful addition to the versatile portfolio of the Tuscan perfumer.

by DeVitoHH
by DeVitoHH

Popular Lorenzo Villoresi

Teint de Neige (Eau de Parfum) by Lorenzo Villoresi Mare Nostrum - Aura Maris by Lorenzo Villoresi Teint de Neige (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi Acqua di Colonia by Lorenzo Villoresi Patchouli (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi Iperborea by Lorenzo Villoresi Teint de Neige (Profumo) by Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi Musk (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi Atman Xaman (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate by Lorenzo Villoresi Vintage Collection - Ylang Ylang by Lorenzo Villoresi Dilmun by Lorenzo Villoresi Vetiver by Lorenzo Villoresi Alamut (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi Vintage Collection - Sandalo by Lorenzo Villoresi Incensi by Lorenzo Villoresi Spezie by Lorenzo Villoresi Kamasurabhi (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi