Dilmun by Lorenzo Villoresi

Dilmun is a perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi for women and men and was released in 2000. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCitric notes, Rose, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Green leaves, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesPetitgrain, Neroli, Orange blossom, Laurel, Opoponax, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesCitric notes, Floral notes, Elemi resin, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Sandalwood

Submitted by Pazuzu, last update on 14.10.2019

8.0/10

Subtle and Sophisticated
I have a friend who graciously mules bottles of Lorenzo Villoresi for me from Italy when we see each other quite regularly at our jobs on a tropical island. My most recent acquisition is this one which I requested blind, going on the strength of the note pyramid. Dilmun is a fantastic fragrance! I'm really glad to have it!!

As with the other Villoresi fragrances I own, there seems to be a huge number of components to make up something that in the end smells rather simple. I own Alamut (which is wonderful) and Teint de Neige (which is not) but Dilmun is by far my favorite acquisition from House Villoresi. This fragrance makes no pretenses about what it is … an honest rendition of glorious Orange Blossom, Neroli and Petigrain with a woody sweetness and hints of resin.
The Citrus notes here are present, but fleeting as they should be and don't overpower. Gorgeous Neroli takes pole position and is well supported by Petigrain and Orange Blossom, the sweetness of the latter a constant hum throughout the skin lifespan of Dilmun.
Having had the opportunity of wearing this in the tropics and also in the colder early Winter weather of home, I find that Dilmun appreciates heat and humidity more, where it blossoms for 6 or 7 hours. Its lifespan is roughly half of that in the cold. Fair enough then … I'll wear it just in the tropics :).

The more I delve into this House the more I start to enjoy its wares. I can recommend this fragrance to all who love Neroli and its Cologne like attributes on the proviso to save it for hot weather where it truly shines.
7.5 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Dilmun
Dilmun opens sweet and powdery on my skin. I smell sweet flowers, jasmine and orange blossom, with a slightly bitter base which must be the citrus oils. These green and bitter notes balance the flowers and add an interesting second layer to the floral notes. At first the two different note types struggle with each other until they find their correct balance. Later on the fragrance turns into a powdery orange blossom scent as rose and vanilla notes have taken over as the base in this stage of the fragrance. The dry down is pale aromatic wood.
9.0/10

dilmun
a treasure divinely crafted to delight your senses ,definitely my most beloved orange blossoms fragrance in the world