Garofano by Lorenzo Villoresi
Compare Prices
Garofano is a perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi for women and men and was released in 1995. The scent is spicy-flowery. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesFloral notes, Green notes, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Jasmine, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Pazuzu, last update on 13.08.2016

Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
garofano
definitely a magnificent work of art in the fragrance industry, it smells like no other perfumes i tested in these last years ,the beautiful and sensual carnation wave is sweetly combined with lavender,jasmine and musk ethereal notes ,a frag that couldnt be missed in any l.v fan collection
Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Gorgeous Garofano
Let us begin by setting the record straight regarding the question of cloves in Lorenzo Villoresi GAROFANO. Luca's rib must have mixed up her samples of Caron BELLODGIA and Lorenzo Villoresi GAROFANO, which she decries as unwearable and clove heavy. Carnation contains naturally occurring eugenol, but as far I can tell, there is not extra clove note in GAROFANO, as there certainly is in BELLODGIA.

GAROFANO is my first foray into the house of Lorenzo Villoresi derisively dismissed in The Holey[sic] Book, along with the perfumes of Mona di Orio, as essentially a product of perfumic fraud. (Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...)

I had to see why in the world an entire set of haute niche perfumes should receive ratings on a par with those conferred upon the offerings of the illustrious "house" of Paris Hilton, so to satisfy my curiosity, I ordered several house-carded samples. I have discovered that a grave injustice was done to this house, along with Mona di Orio, I might add, and my best guess is that the reviewers have serious issues with expensive Italian perfumes. Perhaps there is some sort of family vendetta which goes back centuries? Who knows? All I know for sure is that these perfumes are rich elixirs which merit the discerning perfumista's consideration.

GAROFANO opens bitterly, and this may put some sniffers off. Added to the fact that the carnation is not rose or jasmine or iris or violet or any of the other more popular flowers featured in perfumes, and one may conclude upon application that this creation is "not for me". In fact, as the perfume develops, it becomes more and more enticing. This is not a "buy at the counter" or "review from a paper strip" perfume. GAROFANO requires a bit of patience in order to reap the beauty found within. By the drydown, I'm definitely a believer. Carnation perfumes are few and far between, and this one is a slightly woody and utterly gorgeous soliflore with big sillage and excellent longevity. GAROFANO is embellished with several other notes, none of which is clove, to which I am inordinately sensitive, and which makes BELLODGIA a tough wear for me.

If I did not already own Guerlain TERRACOTTA VOILE D'ETE, also a fine carnation creation, I might consider adding this one to my collection.