Theseus by Lorenzo Villoresi

Theseus is a perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCitruses, Green notes, Bergamot, Black pepper, Clary sage, Nutmeg, Blossoms
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlossoms, Iris, Jasmine, Precious woods, Patchouli, Vetiver, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Vetiver, Patchouli, Oud, Tonka bean, Amber, Musk

Submitted by Freiherr, last update on 04.07.2019

10.0 8.0 8.0 2.0/10

Jil Sander Sun's big Florentine brother
A few years ago I bought Theseus from Lorenzo Villoresi in Florence and the first time I regretted not having tested a fragrance long enough. The start is wonderful, but the drydown inevitably reminds me of Jil Sander Sun Men, probably the only perfume in the world that makes me sick. Fragrances whose names are based on antiquity, I find basically interesting and only very rarely am I disappointed. This is unfortunately the case with Theseus, even though I wish I would like him. Theseus is more complex, more elaborate and of higher quality than Jil Sander's cheap water for adolescents, which unfortunately cannot comfort me over the olfactory relationship. At first I found a grateful customer for the almost full bottle, but now it's annoyed by the same scent. After the Theseus disappointment I stocked up with Villoresis Piper Nigrum and Spezie, who I had on the radar for years and could make my peace with Villoresi
10.0 10.0 7.5 5.0/10

Tar
From the forest to the cloud
Lorenzo Villoresi's fragrances usually have a conception, there is a very clear message in Alamut, Sandalo, Teint de Neige or Piper Nigrum. Every piece of art is different and this is a brilliant accomplishment.

THESEUS was created for people who like fresh and citrus-like fragrances. At the first sniff you enter in an enchanted forest, you smell even the crunched leaves of grass, and the refreshing, cool air covers your skin. I could not imagine to wear this perfume four-walled. Planning a tour with the family out of the city - this is the best occasion for THESEUS.

Unhappily I do not like the after-life of it, I smell only clear citruses, nothing else, and fresh fragrances are not for me. My favourites are woody, flowery, sweet scents, but this one got citrine color, and could make me upset before taking a nap. I recommend to wear it in heat, when your nerves need some refreshment.

Itchynose 133 days ago
Dark, dirty, liquorice flavored vetiver. Inky and spicy, sticky and leathery, it should be sold bundled with goggles and latex gloves.+1
5.0