Uomo 1993Eau de Toilette

Uomo (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi
Uomo (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Lorenzo Villoresi for men and was released in 1993. The scent is citrusy-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Petitgrain, Laurel, Lemon, Orange, Coriander, Lavender, Elemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Sage, Juniper, Clove, Pepper, Thyme
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Musk, Patchouli, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 31.07.2020.

Scentbear
I guess I promised myself too much
This is my first comment I want to leave here for a fragrance. For about 2 years now I am interested in fragrances, especially in fragrances that you can't see and smell at every corner.
Every now and then I dare to buy a fragrance blindly, but in the last months I noticed that one has to be a bit more careful with the not-everyday scents and rather test the scent first. Great that there are possibilities for this, I use the offer of ALzD.
I had a past sample of Lubin Akkad and this scent immediately appealed to me. So 2-3 weeks ago I ordered this scent as a bottle from ALzD. Many years ago I became aware of the perfume house Lorenzo Villoresi through a book of men's fashion.
I liked the story behind this house and I knew that one day I would test these fragrances. With the order mentioned above I have included nine scent samples from the house of Lorenzo Villoresi. In the meantime I have tested all but two of them. I give each fragrance at least two tries and this morning I sprayed the fragrance Uomo by Lorenzo Villoresi for the second time. There were certainly about 8 sprayers. Since I knew from the first try that the scent is not too intense. Freshly sprayed on I like the scent quite well. It smells classically masculine, fresh and tart at the same time. It is definitely not a fragrance that screams, but a discreet scent suitable for everyday use, so the first perception. Unfortunately my experiences from the first attempt were confirmed today. After about 30 minutes most of the scent has disappeared or is no longer perceptible. Now I sit at my desk and smell my wrist, here I sprayed twice, about 1 1/2 hours ago. When my nose touches my wrist, I can only perceive the scent very discreetly.
I'm afraid I'm rather disappointed in the smell. Maybe it's because of my skin chemistry or what the experts call it, but to be honest, up to now all the fragrances from this house have performed rather weakly on me. Even Teint de Neide and Alamut in the EdP concentration were no longer perceptible after 3-4 hours.
I would have really wished that I could implement 2-3 fragrances from this house in my assortment, unfortunately I do not see this until now. All fragrances smell good, some extremely good (Teint de Neige, Alamut, Colonia) but I expect a fragrance to accompany me throughout the day, to develop and to get into my nose every now and then.
Other fragrances can do this much better. For example, I'm currently trying out classic fragrances, I'm very happy with the scents Vetiver EdT and Habit Rouge EdT from Guerlain or Opus from Penhaligons. I had hoped that the price has also raised expectations that I may ask a little more from this house.
I hope that the fragrances work better on your skin and that you will have your pleasure with these fragrances. The fragrance Uomo by Lorenzo Villoresi will unfortunately, and this is a real pity, not be included in my collection at home.
Unterholz
There is nothing more dangerous in the world than greatness
The title is a quotation from Voltaire. Detached from the context, it addresses the problem that you can only define something big by ignoring something "smaller".
But one could also understand size as measure/vessel. It is therefore problematic to compare where it is not possible to compare or to measure where it should not be measured, because subjective or ethical values are involved. Nevertheless, measuring and thinking in terms of size (in the scientific sense) is always a driving force for progress and knowledge. A quite double-edged matter therefore.

After a good 4 years of abstinence from perfume, I notice that many users here have the focus on performance ("S/H"). In my opinion, in art (at least I see perfume as craftsmanship) even quieter "plants" should have their justification. And as a secret revolutionary ;-) I would like to dedicate my first comment to a performance weakling who has grown dear to my heart and who I consider absolutely justified. All those who demand murderous silage and durability from every fragrance, may check out at this point without hesitation.

I don't (yet) know the entire portfolio of the Florence perfumer, but I think Villoresi's work, simply entitled "Man", is a great success. From a projection point of view (to use the disgraceful word), it's almost a cologne, a supposedly light men's fragrance with classic elements, and yet it has enough independence (and depth!) to be always recognized. It doesn't make much sense to pray down single notes here, the whole thing is a work of art and at the same time a piece of cultivated toilet culture without any gayness or vanity. Nevertheless, Uomo has enough self-confidence, behind his sympathetic modesty there is character consistency. Endurance is more important than constant staging and attracting attention. This Uomo is the quiet creator in the background, one who not only pursues his personal interests, but is a philanthropist without making this attitude a big deal. This man sees perfume as an object of daily use, for which there is no need for hesitation or hesitation. He expresses polite restraint as well as a healthy awareness of (psycho-)hygiene.

The main theme in Uomo is certainly the lavender, which Apicius in his description combines with swimming pool atmosphere. Lavender can be quite biting, almost animalistic, tart, herbaceous, chlorous, even caustic. Some perfumers classify the work with it as difficult.
Countless classical/historical men's compositions with floral heart notes (from Chypres to Fougères) use this component, so that lavender (in traditional perfumery) could even be described as a typical "chubby" fragrance component? Here is a question mark. While other "flowers" (rose, jasmine, etc.) were once used rather timidly in men's perfumes, lavender was always a building block that could usually be smelled out well. When I think back to my own experiences as a child, I would definitely see lavender fragrance as something "older", not old-fashioned, but mature, in the sense of ripe. From this perspective, you could encounter it in dad's shaving lotions and EdT or in laundry scented bags, also much-tried clichés when it comes to lavender. Which has little to do with the actual scent experience with this typical and unmistakable smell. For me, lavender is a very versatile, complex fragrance (Lavender doesn't exist!) that covers nuances from ethereal freshness to dry-flowery sweetness and its use in perfumes can be all the more varied. A lavender absolute smells completely different from the extract of the (ripe) flowers. Nevertheless, there seems to be a trend in contemporary perfumes to do without the "throw-away" lavender or replace it with chemical substitutes (dihydromyrcenol etc.), which in turn encourages a certain insecurity in dealing with this rather natural scent...? Again, a big theory question mark behind this short digression.

Back to Uomo. He has a little of everything and just as much as it takes. Citrus peels bring a cooling cologne acid, herbs complement & green & calm as well. Like in a good kitchen, the spices are the salt in the soup, they never stick out, but without them something would be missing and they balance the smell, which otherwise would be rather cool. One can hardly speak of a base with Uomo, because due to the relatively weak scent concentration everything seems rather isomorphic, - but not monotonous. Nevertheless, I think I recognize a certain Villoresi base note: a discreet light woodiness (sandalwood and cedar), light dry soap (but not detergent, but real soap) wrapped in a velvety powdery nimbus without sweetness, which makes everything look very elegant.

This Uomo is not tall. But, to say it again with Voltaire: More than ever I realize that you must never measure anything by its apparent size!
The (elderly) Italian Gentleman
There are scents that are unisex. And there are scents, they're not. VL uomo it is definitely not. That's how I want to smell, not like one of those pseudo-anywhere-between-men-and-woman things.

VL uomo is an uncompromising, but fine and elegant men's fragrance, perfect for everyday use, suitable for business wear as well as casual wear.

The start is super fresh, but quickly the harsh note I like so much becomes dominant. Woods and green mosses take over after about an hour until the end, the fruity note loses little by little until it has completely disappeared (and this is by no means meant negatively). Sillage and durability are still ok, in line with other fragrances in this price range. I can only understand the sauna infusion smell so insulted by some previous speakers to a very limited extent. Perhaps it is the green and fresh components that lead to such statements.

For me a great everyday fragrance, basically wearable all year round, but great at warmer temperatures. It's nice that there are fragrances from the last millennium that have made it into our time

An Exceptional Citrus Fougere
Uomo has long been a favorite of mine. I would describe it as a classic masculine citrus cologne with added depth and vibrancy via the use of bold spices and a warm, comfortable musk that sits in the base. The citrus notes are exceptionally crisp and natural, and open the fragrance on a lively, spirited note. However, there is much more to Uomo, as Villoresi has added a copious amount of aromatic spices to the mix, creating a robust herbal concoction marked by thyme, sage, lavender, and bay leaf. The spices combined in this mix works very well. They are never muddled. Each note stands on its own, yet as a whole they manage to avoid the "spice cabinet" trap by combining in an effortless harmony, creating a sum that is greater than its individual parts. Uomo is anchored in the base by a light, earthy vetiver and a sensual, masculine musk. The musk sits close to the skin and has a warm, soothing glow. I've been been quite enamored with Uomo for some time, and believe my continued interest in it a testament to its quality. I consider Uomo a more sophisticated alternative to Terre d'Hermes and a more interesting alternative to the many traditional citrus colognes that are out there which although nice, can seem redundant after a while. Uomo is very versatile, as it works great in the spring and summer due to the citrus notes, and well in the fall and winter due to the notes in the mid and base. Projection and longevity are about average.

Highly recommended.

oliver1h
Solid, but nothing outstanding!
A very nive fresh/spicy/flowery fragrance. On my skin the lemon, bay leaf, bergamot, pepper are the most dominant. I can smell vetiver, and some musk too. All this, with beautiful flowers in the background. A really fresh and rather masculine scent for every occasion. Unfortunately there are two negative things I need to mention. It sits close to the skin, and longevity could be better (on my skin). Anyways I can recommend this fragrance for those, who like Lorenzo Villoresi's other creations!

Drseid
A Decent Italian Eau de Cologne...
Uomo is quite the herbal citrus scent. It is very different from most citrus type scents, as I find the herbs play much more of a role here and it really is not sweet at all. After the initial invigorating top notes dissipate, an earthy vetiver note shines through and mixes with the sage and other herbal blend. I think while LV has many scents I prefer to Uomo, it does stay very true to the line's Italian heritage. I think this one is not quite to my taste, but still a fine effort from LV that is worth a sample if you can find one. 3 stars out of 5.

Männer Balance
by Miaw2
by Vmaster
by Vmaster

Popular Lorenzo Villoresi

Teint de Neige (Eau de Parfum) by Lorenzo Villoresi Mare Nostrum - Aura Maris by Lorenzo Villoresi Acqua di Colonia by Lorenzo Villoresi Teint de Neige (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi Iperborea by Lorenzo Villoresi Atman Xaman (Eau de Parfum) by Lorenzo Villoresi Patchouli (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi Musk (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate by Lorenzo Villoresi Vintage Collection - Sandalo by Lorenzo Villoresi Dilmun by Lorenzo Villoresi Alamut (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi Vintage Collection - Ylang Ylang by Lorenzo Villoresi Atman Xaman (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi Vetiver by Lorenzo Villoresi Kamasurabhi (Eau de Toilette) by Lorenzo Villoresi Incensi by Lorenzo Villoresi Spezie by Lorenzo Villoresi Donna by Lorenzo Villoresi