Afternoon Swim 2019

Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design Box Illustration: Alex Israel
Top 60 in Unisex Perfume
Afternoon Swim is a popular perfume by Louis Vuitton for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Sicilian orangeSicilian orange
BergamotBergamot
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
GingerGinger
AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 16.10.2021.

Good mood in a bottle
The other day I had the pleasure to be in Paris again. Of course, I used the time in the French capital, among other things, to test new fragrances. Quite spontaneously I stopped by at Louis Vuitton on the Champs-Élysées, since the waiting time for admission was not too long. In the end, I got stuck with the perfumes and on request, the nice saleswoman sprayed me the fragrance Afternoon Swim (AS).

The top note is insane and for me is one of the best top notes I have ever smelled. At the beginning, I perceived a tangy and slightly sweet tangerine, which seemed very refreshing, since on this day there was an outside temperature of about 30 ° C.
. As it progresses, the mandarin fades into the background and the scent becomes more restrained. In the drydown I perceived almost only amber and ginger.

The saleswoman noticed that I was excited about AS and gave me a sample. Immediately the next day I made use of it and sprayed me. Unfortunately, I had to disappointingly realize that the durability and sillage on my skin was not exactly the best. Accordingly, I have decided against a purchase for the time being.

I gave AS another chance, as the top note was just too good. I sprayed the scent on myself again in the late afternoon, but this time mostly on my clothes. Afterwards, I went for a walk together along the Seine under clear skies and pleasantly warm temperatures as the sun slowly started to set. I was pleasantly surprised when I could still detect the scent after many hours. The clothes really made the difference and made it last much longer. Finally, I decided to buy it and now AS accompanies me through the warmer summer days and provides a good mood.

Conclusion: in my opinion, AS is a very successful unisex summer fragrance from Louis Vuitton with a beautiful top note. I can only hard to imagine that someone does not like this fragrance. Durability and sillage are of course expandable, but with a few sprays on the clothes you can help a little. Whether the high price is justified, everyone must decide for themselves. After all, the fragrances of Louis Vuitton can be refilled for a little less money
Headturner
Have' worn this fragrance during my vacation this year in my home country Greece almost every evening and enjoyed every evening anew it.

Bittersweet Italian fetches accompany me from the first to the last moment, creating a beautiful cloud of fragrance around me, which also delighted the people around me. The ladies especially enjoyed my smell - whether 18 or 40. One pretty, mid-30 year old lady asked her equally pretty friend to her right, "Dude, who smells so good?" - it was probably me. A flacon whose content calls love awaits you here.

10/10
Fanta & Poll
It's been a month since I got my first sample of Luis Vuitton at a sharing. Wanted was a fruity summer fragrance that was also recommended to me here in the forum. With a total of five new samples in the pastry it went to Croatia on the island of Rab. Every day one was tested at noon in the sun and in the evening at dinner. "Aqua di Gio" by fallen, "Aqua Amara" by fallen, "Malibu Party in the Ba" by fallen, but one aroused my enthusiasm it was "Afternoon Swim".

Actually relatively unspectacular, without any depth, complexity or uniqueness, yet it knew how to convince. In simple terms, it is an aquatic fragrance with a subtle fruity orange in the finish. Actually relatively simple on the one hand yet wonderfully pleasant on the other. As mentioned in one or two other reviews, the orange note is subtly reminiscent of Fanta, but without being sticky sweet or the like. This note stays really subdued and always stays in the background. All in all, it seems but very natural and high quality.

At no minute is this fragrance annoying or penetrating. He is and remains pleasant and light,.the rather understands itself as Hautnahes perfume. This brings me already to my first point of criticism. Because both the sillage and the durability are anything but adequate, especially for this price. After only one hour this is really only very body close perceptible and after 6-8 hours also on the skin for me no longer really smell. Although is on the one hand not necessarily bad, because it always remains pleasant and airy light even in the summer heat, on the other hand, however, the price is not justified. Here you really pay only for the name.

As the perfect situation for this fragrance I imagine a pool with bar and cocktails somewhere in Italy. This fragrance brings out absolute vacation vibes for me like no other. Summer vacation pool. It is an absolute good mood scent and somehow has something refreshing about it that makes me want to do just one thing. Fanta with ice order and jump into the pool!
Fresh oranges with tangerines
The scent is just great. As soon as I have him in the nose, I think of a fresh glass of juice from oranges and tangerines, somewhere on a warm beach in the south. Who is looking for something fruity sweet for the summer, is here at the right address
Scent80
What's your favorite freshie ?!
You want a fresh experience? Yes ?!
Then lie down... Relax... Close your eyes. Can you hear the sea breeze? Do you feel that clean and refreshing, pure air?!
I place next to you a huge basket of juicy and freshly cut tangerines + bergamont and oranges of the most delicious kind. Now breathe deeper, breathe, breathe!
The air... Citrusy seduction... Freshness and effervescence at its finest. Enjoy!

P.S.: Freshie that just wants to be worn everywhere. My favorite!
LiRadieschen
Office chair "Tropical", top!
"Afternoon Swim" the name fits the fragrance and the fragrance fits the name.

For me, it is the Sicilian kin to "Wood Sage & Sea Salt" by Jo Malone. Less salty, but more fruity.

Bergamot I perceive less, which I do not find bad because I find the individually smelled anyway not so great. ^^ Ginger also keeps rather in the background.

The "players" are here aufjedenfall the orange&Mandarine. For me, even the tangerine a little more. The rises one at the first spraying directly in the nose, which is why so much probably get this "Fanta vibe". I can understand and I find not so bad comparison. :)

But I find that can do more.
Sure if you do not like Fanta or tangerine, then he is for the probably nix.

I find, however, he brings a holiday / holiday vibe. Similar just like the "WS&SS".
I find it to be loose and fruity, a bit 'juicy' even. I smell it and immediately think of a citrus ripened in the sun and a sweet orange whose juice runs over my fingers when I eat without being toouu sticky.
Amber does what it should do and adds to the ripe tangerine a little sea breeze.

So I look at it this way, me on vacation in a warm country, a kl bungalow with an ocean view. "WoodSage&SeaSalt" I wear underground for swimming on the beach and "Afternoon Swim" in the evening in the restaurant when my, heated by the sun, skin a pleasant breeze plays around, I wear a fluttering, comfortable beyond measure summer dress and wait with my cocktail in hand for my delicious meal while I look at the sunset.

Addition: Since I have just neither vacation nor sun, cocktail and Flatterkleid wear but in the HomeOffice sit with a splash "AS" on the wrist I can dream myself there beautifully from the dull weather away... Office chair "Tropical" works quasi also, top! :-D

Mariusuit
Maximum one lap in the paddling pool
Gosh, what expectations and hopes I had for this fragrance. Alone the title, the fragrance components - it must be! THE fragrance for the summer.

What then rose to my nose, however, could not have turned out more sober. No great heights, nothing that stays in the nose - simple (sweet) average. Not only does the scent not stay particularly in my memory, it didn't even stay particularly long on the clothes. H&S was really VERY disappointing for me.

For ME (very important, as purely subjective) an arbitrary, pleasing fragrance with no particular character. "Fresh and citrus" goes better and especially cheaper. Too bad, could have been the great summer love.

Lets go for a swim
Wow! I love this scent. Every time I wear it I want to go for an afternoon swim with the bright orange, and violet streak California sky in the background. Its a surprisingly comforting scent like when you visit a long time friend and you know you're in for a relaxing time. Well done Louis Vuitton!
Summer holidays
This fragrance makes me feel emotional. It brings back memories of summer vacations I spent in my home country when I was in elementary school. Afternoon Swim smells for me not of the sea, but simply of everything that makes up a summer. Of the days at the lake with lots of sunscreen, of the scent that lingers in the air in the evening after scorching hot days. To my uncle, who came after a warm day from work and has made himself fresh with his Amber deodorant....man I miss these times!

The opening is fresh, citrusy and unspectacular. Pretty quickly, however, amber mixes in. This leads to the fact that one now particularly perceives the orange in the citrusy mixture. Sounds unspectacular, but it is not. Afternoon Swim seems so simple, but it is unique. Not synthetic and not comparable to the usual aquatic stuff. As time goes by, the citrusy nuances move clearly into the background and amber/ginger say "hello" once again. A heavenly composition.

A really nice fragrance that lasts about 6 hours on me. The sillage is average, but in rooms you perceive him very clearly. I was constantly addressed to my fragrance.

I'm looking forward to the summer.
KVYRUS
Tangerines in the Bahamas, is that possible?
Yes, and how it goes.
That's the feeling Afternoon Swim gives me.
You're lying on a beach somewhere, let it be the Bahamas or Miami.
There's the smell of freshly peeled tangerines wafting, the ocean air and an aquatic smell, with an ice cold drink next to it.
That's exactly how Afternoon Swim smells to me.The scent packs summer into its entire bottle, I don't think you can get more summer than that.

The fragrance starts very fruity with the tangerine / orange note, which can be perceived very strongly. It joins an aquatic note, which I attribute to the bergamot.
The fragrance remains the first 15-30 minutes so.
After some time, the scent is rather creamy and softer, you could think you just applied a great sunscreen.
The aquatic and watery note holds back, giving all the attention to the mandarin !
I must say that I did not perceive ginger or ambergris, but think it possible that one of these two notes are responsible for the creamy and soft smell.

In itself, Afternoon Swim is a really great summer scent, however not everything about it is outstanding.
The biggest minus point is in my opinion the durability. The fragrance really does not last long and creates it barely over the 6 hours. The sillage, however, is better than expected, and the people around me can perceive the fragrance well.
As a 2nd negative aspect, I want to talk about the price. The fragrance costs a proud 215€. For the money you also get good summer fragrances like Roja Elysium or Creed Aventus, or you buy a lot of designer fragrances with the money.
Louis Vuitton should demand less money for the fragrance in my opinion because the durability is simply too low. The price is here I find clearly not fair.

Rubencosta7Rubencosta7 2 months ago
High quality oranges in a bottle! Perfect for the high heat of the summer
RisingChaosRisingChaos 2 months ago
"Orange soda soap," with maybe a whiff of sea salt. Sweet, juicy oranges with soapy and white floral accords gently floating about.
MontanaBMontanaB 6 months ago
Starts off juicy & fresh. Catching whiff of ambroxan from the base. Lemony-lemon-lemon-lemon with clementine peels on the background. Nice
Ka3nKa3n 6 months ago
It does remind me a lot of Simone Andreoli fragrance but it is. more fizzy and lighter take on it. Longevity could be a bit better though.
TRehfTRehf 7 months ago
Not aquatic. Purely citrus fruits. Very nice and refreshing. Performance is good for the type of scent. Great quality, but overpriced.
ScentedGentScentedGent 2 years ago
Something about this fragrance makes me very happy. I love it and feel like it's a great choice for warmer weather.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Mandarin/bergamot and aquatic notes. Fresh and pleasant. Well blended but too expensive for what you get.

by Gyokuro2021
by Gyokuro2021
by RobK
by RobK
Afternoon Swim by LV
by KVYRUS

Popular Louis Vuitton

Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Imagination by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton On The Beach by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton Météore by Louis Vuitton Nuit de Feu by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton