Cactus Garden 2019

Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design Box Illustration: Alex Israel
Cactus Garden is a popular perfume by Louis Vuitton for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Maté, Calabrian bergamot, Lemon grass, Geranium, Frankincense

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 09.04.2021.

A surprising green
This whole California themed Louis Vuitton line is eye catching. I wonder what made them select California as the theme for a complete line. My first impression of Cactus Garden was pleasant. It reminded of this gelatinous type texture mixed in with a plasticky type undertone. I decided to buy the whole bottle. The bright green color is my favorite part of the fragrance. As the scent settles the Mate note is unmovable it doesn't flow as say LV's "Orage". I use it sparingly and spray light amounts otherwise its overwhelming.

Minoas
Uplifting, potent, but certainly not groundbreaking - crowd pleaser
I love it! It is sparkly, fresh, very tenacious, with good silage.
I don't think that it is a treasure, especially for the price and the prestige of LV, simply because it reminds me a lot of Cartier's Declaration Cologne, that I cannot find anymore. When I write reminds me I mean that Cactus Garden feels to me like that Cartier's offering on STEROIDS. I liked Declaration Cologne and I do like Cactus Garden. There is a sense of quality but what I find more is a sense of richesse that is synonymous with LV, more than things such as innovation, niche, etc. This is why I am sure CG will do very well in the global market. A crowd pleaser indeed. I will certainly cherish my decant ... one spray at a time!
Crunchy cacti
Cactus Garden surprised me But why? Green bottle, green packaging: a "green scent" was to be expected after all. Yes, but I have not yet smelled a fragrance that would be similar to it. That's why I find it very interesting and original.

At the beginning it is clearly citric. Bergamot and lemongrass can be easily spotted. Always backed by tangy, green notes. In this case the green has nothing to do with trees or even woods. The name says it all here: Cactus Garden. Because that's exactly how I imagine the scent inside the cactuses, if they were to be broken apart: tart, watery and jelly-like, fresh and interspersed with a green scent reminiscent of unripe fruit In addition to all this, a light, green-tart teeny note remains in the background, probably the maté tea mentioned here, which fits perfectly into the overall picture.
In the course of time, the influence of citrus fruits fades away and soapy notes come more and more to the fore. Fortunately, however, I don't find this one biting and overwhelming - as I often do with soapy scents. Instead, here they look more like a delicately foaming luxury soap, which together with the crisp green notes forms a perfect interplay: fresh, green, clean, cultivated.
In this way, the fragrance lasts for about 4 hours, until it is then hardly noticeable anymore.

CONCLUSION
If you have always been looking for a clean, green-fresh fragrance, you should at least try it here. Cactus Garden has a high-quality composition and comes in a beautiful flacon.
Whether it is worth its price is a matter for each individual to decide. Not for me personally. I like the fragrance very much, but it is not love - and at this price it should be!
Querido mate, sos vos?!
First of all, I have to say in front of my comment that years ago and in the course of two monkey stays lasting several months, I fell all the more, immortally in love with the Argentine capital Buenos Aires. Along with this unbroken love for the Argentine capital, it went to a brew almost ubiquitous in the Rio de la Plata region: the mate - which, because of its bitterness, can often cause the funniest facial distortions in European palates during a first tasting. Of course we are talking about the real leaves of the Mate plant, chopped and then smoked (which by the way belongs to the cactuses) and in a so-called Calabaza as an infusion through a metal straw drunk hot drink. The raw material for this drink, which in my opinion bears little resemblance to the Mate soft drinks that have become fashionable here in Germany, is yerba mate. Since my first stay in Argentina, the daily enjoyment of the Mate in its traditional version has been an indispensable part of my life and accompanies me through every day with its touching, concentration-promoting and at the same time invigorating effect. Why am I telling you this? Well, Mate is one of the three main notes of the new release from Louis Vuitton.

So, after this detailed prologue, we finally come to the fragrance Cactus Garden to be discussed: My expectation to get a portable mate in fragrance form was unfortunately disappointed. After I had sprayed the filling on my arm, I deliberately smelled alternately at the sprayed skin area, at my Calabaza with the freshly infused mate and for safety's sake even at my current 1kg package of the Yerba Mate (Nobleza Gaucha, my favourite Argentine yerba). Unfortunately I could not find any similarities. What I get from Cactus Garden instead is a faint, only very close, citric note in the first half hours, which barely hits me from my socks and quietly reminds me of the better (and much cheaper) Artisan Pure by John Varvatos
But you are wrong about the fragrance if you judge it purely by its boring top note. In the drydown Cactus Garden develops much more beautifully, and even if still no mate, the lemongrass with bergamot admixture appears more and more clearly. Whatever that may be, it seems to me that the Sillage - after it was barely perceptible in the top note - now unfolds much better and the scent can now, even if weakly, not only be perceived when sniffing directly at the sprayed area.

Nevertheless, it's all in all a very unspectacular and fleeting unisex spring/summer scent for the price, which smells pleasantly bergamottig-lemongrass and won't bother anyone, but in my opinion neither offers anything new, nor is it able to portray what's being commanded in a way that somehow stands out. The shy fresh citrus lemongrass note lasts about four hours on the skin before Cactus Garden fades away like many citric scents in a discreetly sweet woody skin note. The search for the olfactory essence of my liquid life elixir, the mate, must therefore continue.

TRehfTRehf 3 months ago
Fresh, clean, a little green, unique, good longevity (>8h) on my skin. Sadly underrated and a bit overpriced. Still great quality.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
Lemon grass with some bergamot. Not my thing.

Kaktusgarten #3
In den Kakteen
Auf der anderen Seite: Ein Garten

Popular Louis Vuitton

Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton Météore by Louis Vuitton Nuit de Feu by Louis Vuitton On The Beach by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton Rose des Vents by Louis Vuitton