L'Immensité 2018

L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design Marc Newson
L'Immensité is a popular perfume by Louis Vuitton for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Grapefruit, Ginger, Labdanum, Ambroxan, Ambergris, Cascalone®

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 07.04.2021.

Leimbacher
A (bleak) ode to the boys locker room
Although I'm tempted by some of the fragrances in LV's range, I've never gone out of my way to seek them out, test them or even buy them. I think you also see them much less often in stores than other fragrance collections at a similar level. Or even only at Vuitton itself? Too bad. On the other hand, I don't go through relevant shops and fashion stores nearly as extensively and often as I used to. In any case, I remember how it hung in mysterious limbo for what felt like years, whether LV would finally come out with a fragrance at all... and lo and behold - now there's already an abundance of them. So fast it can go.

And then one flew to me just yet... "L'Immensité"... and what can I say... write... pondering... philosophize... i'm flabbergasted. And unfortunately, not because it's the most brilliant fragrance ever. Not at all. Rather the opposite - "L'Immensite" is an immense disappointment. Or at least marked by immense understatement and immense unimaginativeness. Combined with sweat, grapefruit and locker room. No kidding. Shower gel for a fortune. Luxury meets puberty. Citrus splash kisses boredom. Wow. I hope this isn't a blueprint for the rest of the collection in terms of quality and even more so creatively. Otherwise, all these years of waiting and hype would be an even bigger joke than it already is. Don't get me wrong - "L'Immensité" might be a nice entry as a door opener and for little bonzenteens - but I just expect more. Much more. Much, much more.

Flacon: simple beauty
Sillage: transparent discreetly verpennt
Durability: nice 6-7 hours

Verdict: a Louis Vuitton perfume that smells like a dimmed Axe deodorant.... holy moly. Does this have thick balls or is this the biggest disappointment since it smells?
Eye-catching - Eccentric - Arrogant - Aristocratic - Appolinian - Androcentric
Yes, I always have grave concerns when luxury labels, especially those "at the top", try to pull money out of the customer's pockets by offering perfumes.

Most of the time, this request is of manageable result and success, with one very big exception, and that is Terre d`Hermes, a fragrance that I find sensationally successful.

So now, with LVMH, the next high-end label has succumbed to the temptation to create the right fragrance for the financially potent clientele in addition to the usual goods on offer. The first one that came to my fingers or nose is "the immensity". The name of the fragrance fits perfectly with Louis Vuitton's self-conception, as one sees oneself as "very big", "endless", "unimaginable" and so on. The price tags that the ladies and gentlemen at LV attach to their goods are usually also immeasurable, sometimes I really have to swallow, but that's how you position a brand.

L'Immensite has a fresh, fruity start, extremely pleasing in my nose, definitely of high quality and thus in line with expectations. After some time Ambroxan comes through and it is a really dangerous substance, if not used with care. There are several representatives of this genre on the market, which I find literally corrosive. All the more beautiful to see or smell that with the necessary sensitivity and tact it can be done quite differently. Because although Ambroxan remains a dominant note, no question, it is never obtrusive or penetrating for me, but simply subtly present without being annoying.

I can't really define what other ingredients are involved. Ambra quotes the fragrance pyramid here and Cascalone, a fruity aquatic mixture from a test tube. Anyway, I think it's well done, assembled with the right amount of the right ingredients. At least I can't detect a big scent, after the fruity prelude it goes on without any big drumbeats, but this damages the effect in the smallest way.

Who does the scent suit? I don't think he's a panty dropper or a speaker, but he makes a very clear statement. You can smell the difference. A really good business scent for Directors, Executive Directors, Managing Directors..... From my point of view for men 35+, with a certain basic maturity, nothing for preppies, yuppies or teenies. For the latter, nothing for the money alone, unless you're a Millionario's son. While we're on the subject, a comment on the price point: I would say cautiously, ambitious. The scent is cool, elegant and certainly nothing that blows around your nose three times a day. But 225 hammers for 100ml.....hmmmm.....at the end of the day like with the bags: Everybody knows the material value is well below that, but the brand name just drives up the price. Just like every child knows that a Rolex is a f**ing expensive watch, everyone knows that bags and other accessories from LV are piggy expensive. Analogously, it is simply decadent to have an LV bottle standing around, after all, the world is perishing nobly :-) and the bottle has something, the magnetic closure clicks shut in a high-quality way, the thing itself is valuable in the hand, optics and haptics fulfill the brand cliché 100%.

Sillage: I imagine that on my skin many scents disappear faster than the one or the other or the one or the other forum participant, not here. Standing at the coffee machine, I hear two ladies coming out of the lift cabin: "You in there, but one of them had gotten diesel, I even smelled through my mask, but good! With the cup back to work, the immensity is spreading in my office and immediately provokes questions. "Morning, hey, ah, new scent? Smells great"....two hours later: "Hi, ehhhhh, what's that scent, don't I know it on you" (male, author's note). Also in the afternoon it continues to smell immeasurably or rather tirelessly, so I can give the sillage and durability really good marks.

All in all, a fragrance that perfectly represents the LV brand. Noble, fancy, concise and memorable, unfortunately also in the price.... but it's Christmas soon, that is to say: let it be given ;-)

Ischgelroi
Another disappointment of Louis Vuitton ?
I am unfortunately very sceptical about Louis Vuitton fragrances, especially after my blind purchase of Orage, which unfortunately had almost no performance for me about an hour, but now to the actual topic of this commentary L' Immensité. This time I bought only 10 Ml as a bottling, although I can only say that I am lucky. L' Immensité is for me an Ambroxan bomb, unfortunately it creates a washing-up feeling for me just like Dior Sauvage does when I wear it often. Me and Ambroxan just don't work somehow, unfortunately L' Immensité has already been taken off my shopping list, but now to the smell. I must honestly say I have to think of shower gel in the 2€ category, with a little ginger in addition. I have to say that this fragrance does not smell like 225€, but rather like something from the under 50€ range, if it weren't for the strong omnipresent ambroxan, I could say it is okay, but no, I just smell ambroxan in one piece. I'm still looking for the grapefruit note, especially when I compare it to Dior Homme Cologne, sorry Louis Vuitton but this fragrance hasn't turned out well either.
Aglianico
A gratifying tribute to the desire for kindness
I have been sneaking around this fragrance for a long time, a little indecisive, a little hesitant, but still interested. A bit like the dating behaviour of Generation Y (Z, ...), maybe. A sharing then circumnavigated the well-known and often asked LV big question, which is: Is it worth its price? (Answer: No, but ...)

What initially made me hesitate? In particular circulating comparisons and twinning with Dior's bestseller Sauvage, the Ambroxan Owl, which takes no prisoners and with all due respect is too much for me. How much does L'Immensité have in common with Sauvage? About as much as Tzatziki with strawberry yoghurt. So a little bit, but not much, really. I even doubt by now that ambroxan alone is responsible for the sauvage-related buzz that characterizes the fragrance impression of L'Immensité after the initial, artificial grapefruit - slightly biting, but not too strong, slightly synthetic, but pleasing to my nose. No, L'Immensité is more balanced, more complex, quieter and for me much more pleasing - despite or because of this dominant note.

We are dealing here with a fresh perennial that does its job reliably even in winter. (By the way: I have always been a bit suspicious of the predicate 'winter scent': as if most people spend most of the winter outside in the cold or do not heat up inside) It is striking, certainly the ambroxane makes it so, but perhaps also a certain ginger acridity (or the illusion of one). The durability is good to very good, on clothes even some heavy oud scent is equal to it. Of course the laboratory might have helped a little bit with that.

If I had to choose between the men's fresh grapefruit fragrances I am familiar with, I would choose this one for my everyday life including my job. Tygar and Arrakis are quieter, the former much too quiet for me (although I actually like quiet very much), the (very) distantly related Midsummer Dream and Elysium Cologne are more complex, but therefore less suitable for everyday use (very subjective, of course). Even lighter 'grapefruits' like Vetiver Pamplemousse or Pomelo Paradis are pure summer scents.

Speaking of comparisons: How does L'Immensité fit into the LV men's fragrance category? While Orage and Sur la Route are special scents that stand out clearly and pleasantly from the mainstream, and Au Hasard and Nouveau Monde are more monothematic scents that you have to like, L'Immensité, along with the new Météore, is a tribute to the desire for pleasantness and the prevalent everydayness of all being. More toilet paper than handmade paper, so to speak. I like that, because I like 'wearing scents' that don't make you think. But I can understand anyone for whom that's not special enough. Fortunately, Parfumo currently lists 135,757 other fragrances for those who like them, which then perhaps better suit the - always only subjective - taste.
Exclusive Evergreen
My first review is about a fragrance that was to be the basis for my personal entry into the world of perfume. I came into contact with Louis Vuitton's L'Immensité completely unexpectedly when I was given a sample in one of the stores in the year of release, 2018. At the time, I was looking for a new signature scent suitable for everyday use, without having delved deeper into the details and quality characteristics of a good perfume. So, telling the sales assistant that I was looking for a more fresh and invigorating men's fragrance, I left the Louis Vuitton store with a small sample of L'Immensité and sprayed a good dose of it as soon as I got home. And what can I say, my first and only thought was: Wow, I must have that! This freshness, this masculine energy, this exclusivity. Truly impressive. And so it happened that a few weeks later I had actually bought 100 ml of L'Immensité in one of the stores - despite the admittedly very high price - and used it for over a year as the only everyday fragrance. As I later discovered - fascinated by how complex the world of perfume really is - the top notes and heart notes in particular are by no means an absolute unique selling point and can be found in a similar form in other fragrances. Personally, however, I think L'Immensité is so great precisely because, despite its clear focus on warmer days, it is actually never inappropriate and, precisely because of its price, can rarely be smelled in conjunction with the pure Louis Vuitton exclusive distribution. Thus the fragrance becomes quite individual again. Anyway, the performance is excellent on my skin: Even after ten hours I was already asked which perfume I was wearing. Especially in the wind the fragrance produces a clear silage on my skin even after a long time, which I find extremely pleasant. The same applies to the durability on the skin. The only disadvantage is unfortunately the handling of the atomizer, which is so productive that it is hardly possible to dose it precisely. But this is also rather a kind of luxury problem. All in all, I can recommend L'Immensité without restrictions. In direct comparison to the other men's fragrances from Louis Vuitton, it is also the best in my opinion. All the feedback from the ladies was equally positive. In particular, even to my surprise, L'Immensité was usually better received than Terre d'Hermès, Bleu de Chanel or - quite exotic - Fucking Fabulous by Tom Ford. Despite the great freshness, it seems to me that even on a date you wouldn't be wrong with this fragrance ... All in all an exclusive evergreen! I hope my first comment was helpful in some way. Thanks to the perfume community!

Yann33
old school but very modern
Very nice release by Lv. if you want the perfect fragrance for men, try this you wont ne dissappointed. there is something in there that makes me addicting and the cloud he leaves around you will please to everyone

Taskphorce
“Overpriced & Worth It?!”
Opens sparkling, fruity, zesty, citrusy-sweet, bitter at times, aquatic without going full on water, with a swirling grey-airy-ozonic accord (ambroxan), eventually evolving into the dry down, the overall feel becomes dry, leathery, and warm but never loses it’s fresh components. While it is mainstream, with designer-ish qualities (and likely overpriced), it is also undeniably attractive, very versatile, and mass appealing. I like it for what it is, an easy reach.
5.5
DerDefcon
Grapefruit and ambroxan are perfectly adequate.
This is my third candidate from the Louis Vuitton series. "Orage" and "Sur la Route" have thrilled me without exception. I was also curious about "L'Immensité" and this especially because the grapefruit I like is present. At the same time, however, we are also dealing with Ambroxan, with which I have had less good experiences in the past, as it often appeared to me in the form of a chubby "on-devil-coming-out-masculin" note. I only think of "Sauvage", which I got to know in the eau de parfum variation and whose Ambroxan overkill almost dissolved my nasal mucous membranes. By the way, it still haunts me, be it at university, at the cinema or on the train. Many fragrances, which are always said to be "mainstreamers" and can be smelled everywhere, I hardly or not at all notice in my everyday life. At Dior's Cash Cow, unfortunately, things are different. If many carriers don't get it baked with the dosage, it often gets really nasty in combination with Ambroxan, the sillage-creating agent from the chemistry kit. In Louis Vuitton's "L'Immensité", this substance is - this much I can anticipate - rather less problematic. On the other hand, other weaknesses reveal themselves during the fragrance process, which I would like to reveal to you subjectively and objectively.

"L'Immensité" begins with a tangy, wonderfully sour grapefruit that comes out very naturally. This fruit is very refreshing and immediately puts you in a good mood. Monsieur Cavallier-Belletrud has succeeded here in creating an outstanding fruity, unsynthetic opening, from which other perfumers can take a slice. The grapefruit in Chanel's blue bestseller, for example, already ranks on a high level, but is clearly outdone in comparison with "L'Immensité". The ambroxan, which appears very subtle here, I also hear, but it doesn't bother me that much. It scratches and tingles a little and gives the whole thing something tingling, which in combination with the grapefruit reminds me of sherbet powder. So far "L'Immensité" is doing quite well.

I chose the "So far" I have just written for a reason, because it doesn't take long before ginger is added and the downward spiral begins. This one has a very bitter taste. Although it can be spicy, as I already know from everyday life in the kitchen, here it has a completely bitter appearance. I can well imagine that Monsieur Chavallier-Belletrud wanted to protect the grapefruit-ambroxane opening, which is present in its DNA in many easily testable and purchasable designer fragrances, against the "evil" mainstream. But this protection went pretty much to shit here, as the fragrance doesn't quite know where it wants to go. Is that supposed to be something fruity and spicy? After all, we have ginger here. Or should it go more in the aquatic direction because of the bitterness - with spray and all? I mean, the tendency is to go more in the aquatic direction, because ginger is ultimately very bitter rather than hot.
I personally think in the end that this pseudo-moderate otherness could be dispensed with, as it simply did not succeed here. On the other hand, one could ask where the Louis Vuitton fashion house would have gotten the justification from if it had stayed with the grapefruit-ambroxan combination, which you can also get much cheaper in the "mainstream". Truly, the perfume could have been sold simply by name, and in the end it will, of course, but I at least - probably many others as well - would put the sample aside with a smile and head for the next big perfumery, if they are interested in a fruity fresh scent with Ambrixan, since one is somehow also out to spray the best offer at the end of the day ... uh... to shoot. This should not be an attack on those who know this fragrance in their collection - really not. Personally, I just can't feel any enthusiasm for it. Nevertheless, the rating is better than that of Dior's bestseller, because I'm not killed by the chemical warfare agent ambroxane and therefore I don't have the desire to drag the creator of this scent to The Hague.

PS: Dear Monsieur Chavallier-Belletrud,

one more thing.

I have no objection in principle to amber notes as they are present in your composition, as they can lend interesting facets to fragrances - including powdery, slightly animal or or or. However, if amber - and I am sure this is responsible for the impression I have just described - evokes associations with musty clothes that have been left wet in the washing machine, then that is something I cannot be enthusiastic about. Fortunately this phase lasted only 15-20 minutes. Should this musty smell also be part of a special aquatic concept, I recommend to avoid it. But as I already said, only my nose smells here, which I do not want to use as a reference or as a general rule.
Fresh fruity evergreen for the year 2020
Sauvage in the luxury version ?
No idea, of course Ambrox is certainly present in high concentrations in this fragrance, but it is much more than that in total!
Too bad that even LV doesn't list all the ingredients contained in the fragrance.
But also here I perceive abrette, grape and ginger are also clearly shown to advantage!
Lìmmesite is often compared to Tygar, which I can understand!
But Límmesite has for me a little more of this fresh one, which in my opinion will last much longer before he goes into DD!
What here grape seems to be with the tygar (tangerine?)?
Both of them but very nice fresh walkers which are unfortunately quite unattractive in price, but if you can get here in the souk cheap you should take it For me a fixed component of my LV Collection!
Aromamarc
As an all-rounder Perfection in the nose
Came to the Loiuis Vuitton Boutique in Kuala Lumpur just to try the duets...:-)
Find some things nice but can't understand the pricing policy either... beautiful men bag 1200 Euro:-()... Sneakers only 800 euros.... great...:-( not my world)... but perfumes:-)
Find the men perfume series already very interesting... Meanwhile I have already tried a lot of them and I am looking for perfumes that you can wear in summer or in tropical countries because my base is in Thailand... Límmensite and it made boom...
Hammer-toller fragrance... Harmony between all components

Like a good Riesling... the harmony between freshness, sugar, sourness, aroma intensity, alcohol content...

Here grapefruit, ginger... and clearly Ambroxan.... It is a perfect fragrance for any time...
There is no scent process for me, because what is there is there and goes sometime

Sillage: Pleasant fresh around me. Unfortunately not too long... after 3-4 hours it unfortunately becomes less (but with me it concerns almost all perfumes that the Sillage and durability is less than with most general Reviews) But my environment perceives it and I have already got very many compliments and inquires
Durability: Yes, as with the Sillage, unfortunately it decreases too quickly for the price...

Flacon: Clear line... one of the best atomizers... very fine and incredibly productive (maybe I am too economical because of that :-) Flacon in style pharmacist bottle with nice magnet lid. The round cardboard box has also been through a lot and is still in good condition after 1 year. There is also the leather perfume box for over 400 Euro... haha... that hurts...
But mega plus point: I bought it in Kuala Lumpur in the Louis Vuitton Boutique and within 10 minutes my name was engraved on the bottle (for free) and if my bottle is empty I get it refilled with 30-40% discount including new Atomizer. That is already extraordinary service what no other perfumer offers. Faith that's worldwide...

Conclusion: Yes it is expensive with 230 Euro
Shower gel? I wish I had a shower gel like that...haha
Of course there are a lot of great fragrances on the market that are all-rounders... that are mainstream designer duets, that are cheaper... nevertheless I find Límmensite different and for me unique and great...
I wouldn't call it a niche fragrance, but still it's a different note for me than compared to Dior Sauvage or other mainstreamers
Everyone must dance according to his own nose:-)
Have fun with it...

TRehfTRehf 8 months ago
Unique in a genre which is not unique at all. Very high quality and 9h+ longevity. Love how the Amber balances citrus-woody-aquatic notes.

by TimPlacid
by TimPlacid
by Woha
by Woha

Popular Louis Vuitton

Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton Nuit de Feu by Louis Vuitton Météore by Louis Vuitton On The Beach by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton Rose des Vents by Louis Vuitton