L'Immensité (2018)

L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design Marc Newson

L'Immensité is a popular perfume by Louis Vuitton for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Grapefruit, Ginger, Labdanum, Ambroxan, Amber notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 06.07.2020.

Taskphorce
“Overpriced & Worth It?!”
Opens sparkling, fruity, zesty, citrusy-sweet, bitter at times, aquatic without going full on water, with a swirling grey-airy-ozonic accord (ambroxan), eventually evolving into the dry down, the overall feel becomes dry, leathery, and warm but never loses it’s fresh components. While it is mainstream, with designer-ish qualities (and likely overpriced), it is also undeniably attractive, very versatile, and mass appealing. I like it for what it is, an easy reach.
DerDefcon
Grapefruit and ambroxan are perfectly adequate.
This is my third candidate from the Louis Vuitton series. "Orage" and "Sur la Route" have thrilled me without exception. I was also curious about "L'Immensité" and this especially because the grapefruit I like is present. At the same time, however, we are also dealing with Ambroxan, with which I have had less good experiences in the past, as it often appeared to me in the form of a chubby "on-devil-coming-out-masculin" note. I only think of "Sauvage", which I got to know in the eau de parfum variation and whose Ambroxan overkill almost dissolved my nasal mucous membranes. By the way, it still haunts me, be it at university, at the cinema or on the train. Many fragrances, which are always said to be "mainstreamers" and can be smelled everywhere, I hardly or not at all notice in my everyday life. At Dior's Cash Cow, unfortunately, things are different. If many carriers don't get it baked with the dosage, it often gets really nasty in combination with Ambroxan, the sillage-creating agent from the chemistry kit. In Louis Vuitton's "L'Immensité", this substance is - this much I can anticipate - rather less problematic. On the other hand, other weaknesses reveal themselves during the fragrance process, which I would like to reveal to you subjectively and objectively.

"L'Immensité" begins with a tangy, wonderfully sour grapefruit that comes out very naturally. This fruit is very refreshing and immediately puts you in a good mood. Monsieur Cavallier-Belletrud has succeeded here in creating an outstanding fruity, unsynthetic opening, from which other perfumers can take a slice. The grapefruit in Chanel's blue bestseller, for example, already ranks on a high level, but is clearly outdone in comparison with "L'Immensité". The ambroxan, which appears very subtle here, I also hear, but it doesn't bother me that much. It scratches and tingles a little and gives the whole thing something tingling, which in combination with the grapefruit reminds me of sherbet powder. So far "L'Immensité" is doing quite well.

I chose the "So far" I have just written for a reason, because it doesn't take long before ginger is added and the downward spiral begins. This one has a very bitter taste. Although it can be spicy, as I already know from everyday life in the kitchen, here it has a completely bitter appearance. I can well imagine that Monsieur Chavallier-Belletrud wanted to protect the grapefruit-ambroxane opening, which is present in its DNA in many easily testable and purchasable designer fragrances, against the "evil" mainstream. But this protection went pretty much to shit here, as the fragrance doesn't quite know where it wants to go. Is that supposed to be something fruity and spicy? After all, we have ginger here. Or should it go more in the aquatic direction because of the bitterness - with spray and all? I mean, the tendency is to go more in the aquatic direction, because ginger is ultimately very bitter rather than hot.
I personally think in the end that this pseudo-moderate otherness could be dispensed with, as it simply did not succeed here. On the other hand, one could ask where the Louis Vuitton fashion house would have gotten the justification from if it had stayed with the grapefruit-ambroxan combination, which you can also get much cheaper in the "mainstream". Truly, the perfume could have been sold simply by name, and in the end it will, of course, but I at least - probably many others as well - would put the sample aside with a smile and head for the next big perfumery, if they are interested in a fruity fresh scent with Ambrixan, since one is somehow also out to spray the best offer at the end of the day ... uh... to shoot. This should not be an attack on those who know this fragrance in their collection - really not. Personally, I just can't feel any enthusiasm for it. Nevertheless, the rating is better than that of Dior's bestseller, because I'm not killed by the chemical warfare agent ambroxane and therefore I don't have the desire to drag the creator of this scent to The Hague.

PS: Dear Monsieur Chavallier-Belletrud,

one more thing.

I have no objection in principle to amber notes as they are present in your composition, as they can lend interesting facets to fragrances - including powdery, slightly animal or or or. However, if amber - and I am sure this is responsible for the impression I have just described - evokes associations with musty clothes that have been left wet in the washing machine, then that is something I cannot be enthusiastic about. Fortunately this phase lasted only 15-20 minutes. Should this musty smell also be part of a special aquatic concept, I recommend to avoid it. But as I already said, only my nose smells here, which I do not want to use as a reference or as a general rule.
Fresh fruity evergreen for the year 2020
Sauvage in the luxury version ?
No idea, of course Ambrox is certainly present in high concentrations in this fragrance, but it is much more than that in total!
Too bad that even LV doesn't list all the ingredients contained in the fragrance.
But also here I perceive abrette, grape and ginger are also clearly shown to advantage!
Lìmmesite is often compared to Tygar, which I can understand!
But Límmesite has for me a little more of this fresh one, which in my opinion will last much longer before he goes into DD!
What here grape seems to be with the tygar (tangerine?)?
Both of them but very nice fresh walkers which are unfortunately quite unattractive in price, but if you can get here in the souk cheap you should take it For me a fixed component of my LV Collection!
Aromamarc
As an all-rounder Perfection in the nose
Came to the Loiuis Vuitton Boutique in Kuala Lumpur just to try the duets...:-)
Find some things nice but can't understand the pricing policy either... beautiful men bag 1200 Euro:-()... Sneakers only 800 euros.... great...:-( not my world)... but perfumes:-)
Find the men perfume series already very interesting... Meanwhile I have already tried a lot of them and I am looking for perfumes that you can wear in summer or in tropical countries because my base is in Thailand... Límmensite and it made boom...
Hammer-toller fragrance... Harmony between all components

Like a good Riesling... the harmony between freshness, sugar, sourness, aroma intensity, alcohol content...

Here grapefruit, ginger... and clearly Ambroxan.... It is a perfect fragrance for any time...
There is no scent process for me, because what is there is there and goes sometime

Sillage: Pleasant fresh around me. Unfortunately not too long... after 3-4 hours it unfortunately becomes less (but with me it concerns almost all perfumes that the Sillage and durability is less than with most general Reviews) But my environment perceives it and I have already got very many compliments and inquires
Durability: Yes, as with the Sillage, unfortunately it decreases too quickly for the price...

Flacon: Clear line... one of the best atomizers... very fine and incredibly productive (maybe I am too economical because of that :-) Flacon in style pharmacist bottle with nice magnet lid. The round cardboard box has also been through a lot and is still in good condition after 1 year. There is also the leather perfume box for over 400 Euro... haha... that hurts...
But mega plus point: I bought it in Kuala Lumpur in the Louis Vuitton Boutique and within 10 minutes my name was engraved on the bottle (for free) and if my bottle is empty I get it refilled with 30-40% discount including new Atomizer. That is already extraordinary service what no other perfumer offers. Faith that's worldwide...

Conclusion: Yes it is expensive with 230 Euro
Shower gel? I wish I had a shower gel like that...haha
Of course there are a lot of great fragrances on the market that are all-rounders... that are mainstream designer duets, that are cheaper... nevertheless I find Límmensite different and for me unique and great...
I wouldn't call it a niche fragrance, but still it's a different note for me than compared to Dior Sauvage or other mainstreamers
Everyone must dance according to his own nose:-)
Have fun with it...
Good fragrance, inappropriate price
For Louis Vuitton, only the pricing is obviously immensité. I never understood why brand bags (among others) are so expensive. Neither the material and workmanship, nor the design, which in my opinion is not exactly special, justify this. But a friend of mine who has been selling Longchamp bags for a while once said that it's all about showing off, being able to afford a product even though the price is so high. I can't do anything with such a habitus and therefore don't like it when certain brands refine their flacons with Swarovski crystals or gold leafs. All the more successful I find the simple form and look that Louis Vuitton chose for his flacons
L'Immensité presents itself as similarly simple, but quite valuable (I deliberately leave that out 'high' times). I can't understand the comparison with Sauvage, however, because I don't encounter such a synthetic fruit note and rather sweet ambroxan as in Dior, but rather a good balance of grapefruit, which is more fruity than bitter and sour, the light spiciness and freshness of ginger and a woody resinous accord. I find the latter very pleasant because it doesn't seem too heavy. The Ambroxan sets the tone here, of course, but closely connected with the woodiness is the very discreet Labdanum, which ensures a minimal dark facet of the fragrance. The fact that L'Immensité as a whole appears quite bright and transparent is due to the diffuse freshness of the shower gel, which resonates here from the very beginning. In my opinion, Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud did a good job by not using them so superficially. However, here is the criticism of the somewhat too generic and simple overall impression - unlike with much cheaper designer fragrances - quite appropriate.

Only the top note could inspire me again and again during testing, but what comes afterwards is not enough to trigger a buying impulse in me. I can imagine that many people will like L'Immensité and his versatility is also a big plus. Only in this respect, as I said, many cheaper fragrances can keep up, so you have to want exactly this one here - or you simply like to be able to proudly answer others to the question of what you are wearing: "Limmensity of Luie Wittong".
Aleyz
Dior Sauvage in the luxury version?
So, I'm going to write my first comment.

To start with: The fragrance itself is not a world innovation, but I still think it has its right to exist. Many draw here parallels to Dior Sauvage, which I can understand partly, but in my eyes the L'Immensite is an independent smell.

It starts very citric and the Ambroxan appears directly, but it stays in the background all the time and doesn't scream like in Sauvage. It's also more fruity than the Dior. For me this is a quiet scent, therefore it is really suitable for everyday use and also very good for the office, since it does not bother anyone.

After about 10 minutes it develops into a beautiful harmony of Labdanum, Ambrox and citrus notes. Also ideal for warmer days.

It smells for me very high-quality and nobly, however, in my eyes this does not justify its high price. On the whole, however, it is a timeless fragrance that will at least displease you.
Simple and gripping
What a pleasantly reduced scent. At the start, bitter-sweet citrus notes meet the fruity spiciness of ginger. This is neither new nor innovative in itself, but it is made in a very special way: fresh and sparkling, harmonious and gentle. Rather quiet and natural. There's no room for gimmickry here.

Ambroxan is working his way out of the base. Here once exemplary for the fact that one can use this also pleasantly. And the first spicy Labdanum accents. At the same time I also mean to perceive a slightly green and possibly also flowery impact, perhaps by a little sage (+ x). At this time, L'Immensité is dominated by a floating, light, almost flowing, ethereal scent. I would like to say almost aquatically, if one can mentally detach oneself from all the Cascalones, Paradisones and other artificial "-ones". As a result, more and more Labdanum and Ambra takes over. However, a fresh impact remains in the nose until the very end.

Reduced thinking, made of high quality. The content is close to the classic Colognes, but with a highly modern implementation. If you don't have to stand out at any price, this fragrance is pure understatement. Timeless, noble. Simple and poignant.

by TimPlacid
by TimPlacid
by Woha
by Woha

Popular Louis Vuitton

Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Rose des Vents by Louis Vuitton Apogée by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton Turbulences by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton Attrape-Rêves by Louis Vuitton