Matière Noire 2016

Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design Marc Newson
Matière Noire is a popular perfume by Louis Vuitton for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

OudOud
CyclamenCyclamen
FrankincenseFrankincense
BenzoinBenzoin
BlackcurrantBlackcurrant

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.09.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is French actress Léa Seydoux.

Arrive.
We count almost 8 billion human lives on this planet.
By tens of times more, there will be fragrances.
The choice is huge - actually infinite but still somehow limited.
Nevertheless, I feel like drowned in it.
Then there are moments when you don't have to make a choice.
It falls at your feet and you get to decide intuitively.
Either she comes in handy or you get rid of her.
Will it be a magical moment with room for something lasting?
A journey brought me to the north of the country.
Matiere Noire and I, we approached unconsciously.
But: to him was my journey, my longing.
He smiled slyly, "I couldn't help thinking of you," he said with conviction.
His arm reached out to me Matiere Noire.
Me, between childish curiosity and my adult bias.
A moment of pause, of restraint.
Will I like him, his choice?
His choice struck me deep, it became a sugary agony.
Matiere passed through our nest, high up with skyline views, with him, kissing at my neck.
He and Matiere Noire, a potentially exquisite pair.
But with him I want to arrive.
. . .
To be continued (see also my last blog post on "him").
. . .
Matiere Noire is:
Elegant, modern & confident.
Initially fresh fruity nuance of currant and bright florals, gradually giving more space to the oud. It is very finely woven, the oud not too demanding, but very delicate and feminine, the earthy-woody tones fit perfectly with the elegant floral bouquet. Incense is only delicate accessory, but in total an enchanting masterpiece.
For me, he has signature potential, he must stay.

Moan Inducing
If you test the Louis Vuittons, you may want do it in private in case you end up being embarrassed by involuntary moaning. If you're not easily embarrassed, test them anywhere you can get your hands on them.

I say this because I moaned both the first and second time I sniffed Matière Noire (Black Matter). Think House of Matriarch's Blackbird or Ellen Covey's Blackbird. No, don't because this isn't an incense perfume. It's what I'd wear when wrapped in leather and fur, ideally like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/Ac2lbCRrZ21t_E_miUigqsxhMTfWwDp1QXkr87QdYGT6hFdq8NmvNFA/.

The beautiful woods ratchet down a notch in the dry down so the Black Currant can star, enhanced by whiffs of a sultry but non-indolic jasmine and white narcissus. These perfumes don't project forever, but they hang in there a quite decent long time for natural scents, evolving in the wonderful way that only real perfumes do.

HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Fruity-mild with gently-sweet currant on subtle wood. Pleasantly unobtrusive. In the first moment, slightly flat, the depth comes over time.

Louis Vuitton, Singapore
by Garcon

Popular Louis Vuitton

Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Imagination by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton On The Beach by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton Météore by Louis Vuitton Nuit de Feu by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton