Nouveau Monde (2018)

Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design: Marc Newson

Nouveau Monde is a new perfume by Louis Vuitton for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Ivory Coast cacao, Saffron, Assam oud

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 13.10.2019

8.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Other Worlds
Today is my birthday and I can wish for everything. Every wish comes true!

I'm in my favorite city of Edinburgh. I'm being picked up by a black limousine. No, no Rolls-Royce. Maybach Pullman. Interior made of finest leather in salmon colour.

First it goes to the nice Gordon, the Kiltmaker and he gives me the perfect Scottish outfit. I look like a princess from a Scottish fairy tale. Then I'll be taken up to Edinburgh Castle. I enjoy the ride and drink... no, not champagne, I can't stand him, but quite simply Lagavulin, 16 year old whisky from "White Horse".

And I smell like the insane Nouveau Monde all the time!

At the very top of the castle grounds I am received by Sir Sean Connery and he leads me through all the rooms that are closed for the normal audience. He entertains me with exciting stories from his acting career. In the afternoon we go to a renowned snooker club and I can watch the exciting game: "Ronnie" O'Sullivan against Judd Trump. How this ends I don't know because I would like to eat in my favorite restaurant "The Conan Doyle". And I also want to visit some art galleries.

Shopping doesn't interest me at all, in the evening Sir Elton John is waiting for us in Usher Hall, there is a concert with celebrities.

A dreamlike day in other worlds! So for me this perfume from Louis Vuitton smells.

This is an unparalleled masterpiece! Already with the first breath I see these fantastic pictures in my head. First I am greeted by the ultra-fine supple leather, which looks very dominant but noble. It is courted by fine spicy woody oud nuances. Then wonderful sweetness is added, which comes more and more to the fore.

The fragrance development is ingenious! The leathery one slowly steps back and leaves the stage to new actors. Unusually velvety and beautifully creamy, they go hand in hand: cocoa, rose, caramel. Delicate vanilla is shy, but always noticeable.

This effect is unique on my skin! At first it was leathery-loud and then tender-sweet, with the opening note remaining until the end. With every hour this perfume changed and showed itself always new. Long lasting, exciting. Really a different league - different worlds.

A fragrance full of surprises, like my birthday..
8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Departure to new Oud shores
The fragrance was described here as spicy leathery and in the pyramid stand cocoa, saffron and oud. I had imagined a heavy men's leather scent with gourmand hints. That's why I didn't take part in the sharing and thought: "He's not for me anyway".
Niklas1993 I owe it now that I got to know the smell nevertheless. And lo and behold: Nouveau Monde smells completely different than you thought: Yes, cocoa, but not gourmandig, but fresh. Definitely oud, but no stinkiness. Makes a strong leather impression, whose intensity is loosened up by discreetly blowing aquatic notes.
Now the "old hands" here on Parfumo have surely smelled a thousand aquatic oud scents, but for me this experience was new and very successful.
The fragrance has a good shelf life and is quite suitable for women.
9.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

The big litter
Indian Oud, wild and animalistic is not everyone's cup of tea. Whenever it is in the game, the corresponding comments come from fecal etc. Amazingly, however, not at Nouveau Monde.
Because here the perfumer managed to cultivate this oud in a wonderful way.
Cocoa makes Indian oud suitable for the masses without suppressing its unique beauty. Yes it complements it even perfectly.

Such combinations are unique, it's just the big litter that you might only land once in your life or never. Instead of fecal, suddenly there are comments about leather. But I am very sure that there is no leather included here, but this unique combination which has not existed before.

So if you think that Indian Oud has been too barnyard you can enjoy this wonderful fragrance without thinking about the stable.

It's as ingenious as the idea of mixing a cocktail with Tahin, but that's another story.
In any case, Nouveau Monde is an ingenious Mesister work.

I don't see Onekh as a twin but as a preliminary stage, the Laotian oud used there has a completely different character. I rather think that through further work on the idea, this ingenious combination was created.

by Morgul
by Morgul
by Schili
by Schili

Popular Louis Vuitton

Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Turbulences by Louis Vuitton Rose des Vents by Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton Apogée by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton Attrape-Rêves by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton