Ombre Nomade 2018

Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design Marc Newson
Top 48 in Unisex Perfume
Ombre Nomade is a popular perfume by Louis Vuitton for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

OudOud BenzoinBenzoin FrankincenseFrankincense RaspberryRaspberry

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 25.05.2022.

Best selling memories
Harrods best seller together with Afternoon Swim. Beautiful raspberries oud with velvety rose scented leather. My mom used to have horn comb that she kept in leather pouch. Being a kid I once spilled her bath oil on that pouch. It is that impregnated thick cowhide leather drench in rose oil but in form of Ombre Nomade.

Can't speak much about love for oud, I'm not the right person for debates on that ingredient. One thing for sure, it is very prominent and heady in here. So much so fragrance requires wearing it with caution. Miniature bottle of Ombre Nomade is enough to last you for a long time. I'm occasionally buying a sample just to dip my mind into times of me being silly kid holding my mothers comb.

Leathery expensive luxury
Leathery expensive luxury.
Great smell
Leathery
Amazing drying
Very very expensive
But I do love it
I have 100 ml bottle
Notas de cuero, oud y rosa formando un conjunto muy masculino. El secado y la longevidad son increíbles. Proyecta las primeras 4-5 horas y después queda a medio metro.
Percibo la rosa al oler la botella pero al aplicar se crea un hermoso y complejo acorde de cuero.
Nikos007
Ombre raspberry with leather jacket
Very good fragrance.at the beginning the raspberry later leather sweetness.
A very successful fragrance a masterpiece.
Very strong.
Not every woman has him like.
Keeps very long.
Yes it is expensive but you can refill it, the second time it's worth it.
Not suitable for the office except one is CEO. Winter outside or where much is going on.
It is intrusive,it ticks off.

Ombre fir leg!
Long long I have waited for this fragrance of fragrances.
Finally I could get hold of a 10ml tube. The anticipation was great.
The expectations also. I like woody, smoky scents. This Ombre Nomade had to please me.

Then the disillusionment. What is the that?
I feel like in an overdosed wood stain room fragrance concentrate fir forest. The hair stands on end. The toenails roll up.
Not at all the fragrance which I expected.
The raspberry is so raped by tannic needles, that nothing but also nothing is noticeable.
A bitter disappointment is for me this fragrance. The shelf life is also unfortunately monstermässig.
Still rarely I wanted to wash off a fragrance most like again.
But I still hoped for an improvement in the scent.
Since should at least still appear a small ray of hope.
Nothing, absolutely nothing.
The Ombre stinks from the beginning to almost the end with the same green balsam fir club before itself. For me, absolutely unacceptable. I do not understand the many positive feedbacks.
About so after 3 hours I can bear it. Then remains a smoky residue on the back of the hand. Not bad, but also nothing worth mentioning.
Sorry Louis, but this one is not for me at all.
I'm off to air out my nose then.......
Louis Vuitton's Chief
Chief should be here compared to the other fragrances of LV the right term. He is in the conversation, is pushed by Infuencern and can also really what. But is what he can, also really good?..

The fragrance:
My very first impression: Oh no, the has again this penetrating insulin note ala Black Tie of Fragance One.... Och man...
The weakens over time, however, quite well, so that he comes for me then but very harmonious. Woody, somewhat leathery (although apparently none is inside) Oud fragrance, where you can guess the raspberry still something, if you are creative. If I had to compare it, it would be a mix of Oud Wood and Tuscan Leather. Room filling and slightly polarizing. I like it!

Durability:
Do you know Interlude Men by Amouage? Then you have 'ne good idea of the durability. Even after washing, I could still perceive the scent on the T-shirt. In addition, it is very present and room-filling.

Wearability:
Phew, good question.. Evenings in winter outside, or at Event's, where a suit is mandatory. Casual is unfortunately different. I wear him actually now and then times in everyday life, because I like to smell him one - objectively, however, this is rather a Ausgehduft.

Conclusion:
One will either love him or not love. A heavy, woody, leathery oud fragrance that generates attention directly and is difficult to ignore. One should definitely test him beforehand and try out in which situations he is really good to wear. It's relatively unique and interesting for me - let's see if I dare to try the bottle soon (my wallet hates this trick).
Perfumebee
I like you, but where am I taking you. Ombre Nomad from a woman's point of view (my first review)
Let's start with the exterior: Flacon

Beautifully and relatively simply finished, lies well and high-quality in the hand. The visual character fits well with the interior of the fragrance. The design of LV bottles is appealing to me. Because let's face it, how annoying is it when you like a fragrance and the bottle is "nix" (I am looking at you juliettehasagun)

About eight years ago, I got this fragrance as a gift from my girlfriend. At that time, I was at the beginning of my studies and after countless compliments, she took pity on me and gave me your bottle. I will never forget that, as I could never have afforded this fragrance, but have always had a weakness for "niche". At the time, the oud theme was just emerging and was special to me. It's different again today. I like oud, but few examples pass the everyday test.

Fragrance character:

Since I have an old one, the liquid is dark orange. On me, it smells animalistic immediately after spraying on. Not cowshed, but horse stable. However, that fades very quickly and is replaced by the oud, incense, and for me, leather. I thought long and hard about suede or smooth leather. But to make it very specific, after horse saddle leather.
Raspberry I hardly notice, if at all. It's too delicate and shy in competition with the other notes and stays in the background because of it.

After the brief animalic opening, the fragrance character remains linear. An incense, oud and saddle leather combination. Sillage and durability is very good. I wear a maximum of 1-2 sprays on and is noticed by my environment.
Basically, I like this fragrance very much, but where do I wear it, after all, I live in Germany.
In everyday life, during the day: no.
In the job: also rather no. Unless I want to make a statement. But does that have to happen with my fragrance?
Evening: yes, but the outfit must fit. That makes it not exactly versatil.

Where do I see Ombre Nomade Either in the evening to a cool-girl outfit with leather jacket, jeans and high shoes / boots. However, the feminine touch may not be missing. Long, wavy hair, which gives the fragrance the final kick.
Or to the little black dress that fits tightly and the body of the woman advantageously plays around. In no case should the fabric of the dress look thin or cheap.

But what image appears in my head when I think only of the fragrance without testing it for applicability: To a*n attractive*n woman/man who rides a horse in the sand in a black, airy outfit. The black fabric blows in the strong wind.

Back to Germany. Ombre Nomade I like you very much, I like to smell you so much, but somehow you never come out. But that's a real shame, because you are beautiful. I have to give you that and you stand out. Very often people talk to you and I can also say clearly when I smell you somewhere. That is certainly also a reason for your popularity.

But after many years with you, you will not move in again for now. For most of all I see you in a man. A gentleman who knows what he wants and is very confident with his style of dress. Because somehow you please me there the best, when I meet you from time to time in my environment.
AdrianSmtz
Only later learned to appreciate and love
Ombre Nomade. My entry into the fragrance world of the Orientals. A world of feeling that finally leads me to share my thoughts with you in the form of my first review.

Followed by a lot of research and reading through/watching some reviews here on Parfumo and YouTube, I snagged my first bottling here at Souk a few months ago. The first impression was - to put it mildly - difficult. I have never smelled anything so musty. You expect anyone to voluntarily spray this on their skin? A few days passed. I wanted to know again, after all I spent a lot of money for 10 ml to test a fragrance. So sprayed it on again and waited (although there's not much to wait for, but more on that later). The second impression sparked some strange thinking on my part. Was this just the same scent you dismissed as musty and stinky a few days ago? Even though I was still not fully convinced after the second wear, a curiosity arose in me that would make me smell the bottling over and over again. Finally, the third time I put it on was the turning point. What is it, why did I discard my opinion so quickly after a few days? I'm not really like that at all. From then on, I couldn't go without. From the first spray to the drydown, everything was perfect, this couldn't be true. So I sprayed it on again and again, wore it with joy and finally noticed how my fellow men reacted to this perfume. On the one hand came words like "what smells so musty here?", but also something like "what smells so good here, I've never smelled that before!?". Only then did I realize how brutally this scent fills the room I just entered. It still smells like Ombre Nomade for hours afterwards, even though I was long gone from the room. The sillage is out of this world, every person notices you and knows you're there even though you haven't even gotten close to them yet. It's the same with the longevity. Hours later after spraying on, the scent is still clearly noticeable. A day later after showering, it's still there - albeit somewhat diminished. After a few weeks of not wearing the scent, I was approached in the open air about the scent because the scent was probably still so on the collar of my jacket. It feels like after wearing Ombre Nomades once, you have to live with this scent forever. You can not get rid of him!

Unfortunately, however, there is also something negative to say, which - I hope yet - is due to the bottling and not the latest batch:
At some point, my first bottling was as good as empty. So I bought another one here in the souk. Already when looking at both fillings I noticed that the new filling was much brighter than the almost used up. After spraying it on, I experienced a much weaker form of Ombre Nomades. No fullness, hardly sillage and the shelf life only a few hours. Everything that has been written above so admiringly and almost idolatrously was no longer to be found. I sincerely hope that Louis Vuitton does not reformulate/has not reformulated, but leaves the fragrance exactly as we know it. High-quality, elegant and above all loud.

Finally, a few small words about the fragrance notes:
I am truly no professional in the perfume area and would therefore not go here all too much on the content of the fragrance, for this other authors here in the forum are clearly more competent and credible than me. I have - at least by my standards - tested and compared many oud/rose oud fragrances and can claim with a clear conscience that I can smell out the quality of a perfume by now. Nevertheless, it is unfortunately not yet enough for such a substantive detailed review. What I can say though is: the Ombre Nomade is my association of a rose oud fragrance. Beautiful oud with a really pleasant sweetness, plus a hint of leather. I've never smelled anything like it - as I mentioned before. For me, of all the oud/rose oud scents tested, the best. So I hope very much that my fear of reformulation does not come true and I can buy my own bottle someday.

Thank you for reading!

Adrian
Fie went into fie
Have me full of expectations had ordered a sample. Directly sprayed and thought first oh no or, first smelled like a mixture of la yuqawam and shaghaf oud. In the moment I was first clear ne that is not for me, but as I have smelled several times over time on my arm, I began to feel the fragrance as very noble. So I took the 2 fragrances mentioned above and compared them. That's when I realized that ombre nomade is on a completely different level in terms of quality. Suddenly ON had nothing more to do with the two, I smell very noble leather which is not disturbing but very pleasant to a beautiful rose / raspberry note. Since I can not stand rose actually at all I am very surprised how pleasant it is with ON. On the whole just a noble well put together fragrance. So things like cowshed etc are just out of the question for me, really don't understand how people come up with this. I don't think there is much to say about the performance. Statement of a work colleague: " I smell you despite ffp2 mask from far away". The price is already very brutal but somewhere also justified, if one considers what the smell offers one. Who is curious must definitely test ON.
I quit in 2011..
... with smoking :)

And then came ON and it can be defined by me most likely as 'smoky fruit basket'. An indescribable fragrance that people respond to and has a high recognition value.
I see it more on a man though, although before I wore it for the first time I thought otherwise.
Who does not know him, but has a desire for something special should definitely test ON.
Not suitable for warmer days, but fortunately ( to be able to wear him more often) are the anyway become rarer :)

I hope I could motivate future ON- friends :)
Ischgelroi
I can't understand the good reviews....
I received my bottling of Ombre Nomade yesterday. I was really very excited about the fragrance. Actually, I wanted to order even blindly a bottle, fortunately I have not done so. Ombre Nomade is the flagship of the Louis Vuitton perfume line. The reviews are quite very good here on Parfumo, which also led me to have high expectations of the fragrance. Of course, it can now be said here at this point, the assessment is only bad because the expectations were set too high. Here I must intervene in this case immediately, because with me it has simply not clicked in the head, so that I buy this fragrance. Since it is first completely irrelevant what my expectations were, it counts for me only the fragrance experience.
Ombre Nomade is a gentle oriental fragrance for me: I smell mainly two notes of benzoin and raspberry, this bothers me already, because there are much more complex fragrances in this direction, which are usually also cheaper. Oud and incense I also smell but only in the background. Oud but even more than the incense. I find in this fragrance direction La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi offers me more for around 60€. Ombre Nomade is also a little too standing in the top note for me, but since this is only 5 minutes so this does not bother me so much. For me, Ombre Nomade just doesn't reflect the scent description from the Louis Vuitton website, which also annoyed me because the scent is said to have incredible complexity there. The next point is the price. Unfortunately, I see there simply no 315 € for 100 Ml fragrance.

Ombre Nomade is certainly great for beginners in the niche world, or all those who want to move in the oriental direction, but as soon as you have tested numerous oriental fragrances dwindles the enthusiasm for Ombre Nomade, because this can not keep up with complex fragrances such as Nabeel Dubai, Ensar Oud, Taif Al-Emarat, etc.. Unfortunately, but for me but La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi has more depth than Ombre Nomade, which has led to me in my head to say: Ombre Nomade I buy certainly not.

I would like to talk here of course no one Ombre Nomade, but for me as a person who has already tested some in this direction is Ombre Nomade not good enough.

The durability but leaves nothing to be desired Ombre Nomade was over 16 hours on my skin to smell and the silage is very strong for a good 5 hours, only after a little over 10 hours this goes back to an arm's length and after about 13 hours Ombre Nomade is skin tight.

ManCamManCam 2 months ago
Even the wind likes it! One of the greatest art statements in perfumery. Fabulous nose Mr. Cavallier.
Beymen27Beymen27 2 months ago
Sehr außergewöhnlicher aber sehr intensiver Duft! Kann man empfehlen!
DarkWinterCSDarkWinterCS 2 months ago
The beast of the earth. Not Oud, but heavy commitment of incense, raspberry and deep woods. Performance of a other planet. Best LV fragrance
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
Its a rose oud + something special I can't put my finger on. Slightly fruity almost pear like with a decent sweetness
MozepsMozeps 6 months ago
Ein wirklich dunkler aber unfassbar edler duft, SEHR gute Haltbarkeit/Sillage.
Himbeere rundet den düsteren/rauchigen charakter perfekt ab
MariaSMariaS 9 months ago
Nuclear oud!The scent isn’t something new or to say wow,but the overall performance,longevity,sillage & projection are unreal!more masculine
AlimoeAlimoe 10 months ago
One of my favorite fragrance. Very strong and excellent durability!
MrLawmanMrLawman 10 months ago
Masculinity in a bottle: smoky, dark, oudy and leathery.

Beautifully blended with matching bottle color and name.
EstbienlaEstbienla 11 months ago
Well done and of good quality, on the other hand, I do not think there is real Oud, but rather an Oud agreement.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 12 months ago
Initially animalic spicy-fruity, a gently smoky and leathery, oriental floral-woody Fall fragrance, balanced by a warm resinous-woody base.

by AlexW
by Chris5ch
by ChristianD93
by ChristianD93

Popular by Louis Vuitton

Imagination by Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton City of Stars by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton On The Beach by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton Météore by Louis Vuitton Attrape-Rêves by Louis Vuitton