Ombre Nomade 2018

Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design Marc Newson
Ombre Nomade is a popular perfume by Louis Vuitton for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is smoky-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Oud, Benzoin, Frankincense, Raspberry

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.11.2020.

Ombre nomad
Very good and strong fragrance, but more of an autumn/winter fragrance and best not to use it in the office because it is simply too strong. ( For the office)
Don't smell the raspberry so strongly, but the Ombre Nomade is a real top scent Every day I am asked about this strong and good smell.
By the long durability, is worthwhile itself on the procurement of this expensive perfume, since one is completely served with 2-3 splashes.

Santal Royal and Oud Ispahan had a baby
First of all, I would like to say that this is a great perfume! I can feel the oud in it, the frankincense is really nice and pleasant and so far there are no fruity notes for my nose but probably it is too strong.

My first reaction to the spray was, I know this very well, I have it or what igoing on? The answer : It is like a toned down version of Santal Royal, when just applied.
After the dry down, Santal Royal becomes a rosy punchy smell almost as for ladies and Ombre Nomade becomes more like Oud Ispahan - Oudy and heavy .. more manly I would say.

I am glad to have this 10ml sample and will wear it with pleasure, however the 320€ price per 100ml is not justified, I know it is LV and all is expensive there but you can get 250ml Oud Ispahan and still have some change for a few Santal Royal samples.

For about 200€ this would be a 10/10, and actually you can refill the 100ml bottle for 190€, but to pay 130€ more just to have the bottle initially, makes no sense to me.

Please let me know what is your take on it?
Is the hype justified?
Yes, I also wanted to test this "Parföng" because of this video of the well known streamer. It must be something special
So I choked on a few ml and tried it on yesterday. It was clearly too daring for my work (phew, right decision), because the radiance of the perfume is perverse. Not in the negative sense, pervertedly violent simply related to H/S. One sprayer and I have the feeling, everyone in my state smells me. Whether this is advantageous or not, everyone has to decide for himself on the occasion. For everyone else: Careful, and I mean careful dosing!

The scent immediately suggests oud. Cleanly balanced but clearly oud-laden. The raspberry is definitely not a sweet raspberry, it's more of a blackberry or currant to me at some distance, but the perfectly balanced oud-incense mix is very dominant. The whole thing is pleasantly tart.

For me finally an oud smell, which I do not associate with old gentlemen.

Whether the "Parföng" is really the non-plus-ultra, as the said video suggests?
Not for me. I have fragrances that I find much better, but I am not a big oud fan either. In terms of quality, this fragrance is of course the very first cream, you notice that immediately. So for oud fans I can only warmly recommend Ombre Nomade.

By the way, I find the "Parföng" absolutely not suitable for unisex use. For me it radiates a cold, sublime, slightly arrogant, powerful masculinity.

Conclusion: I definitely won't buy with the bottle, but I will take the sample out in the right situations and wear it with pleasure
Madness
For a long time I was struggling with myself whether I really wanted to spend 315€ on a perfume. I heard a lot about the fragrance and then spontaneously ordered a bottle from LV, ordered a corresponding sample to simply test it. From the first sprayer on, I was enthusiastic. The scent starts smoky, animalistic and gradually builds up to a really elegant blend of oud, rose, leather and subtle incense. A spray on the skin lasts at least all day, is always present and a test strip I sprayed last week still smells of it. Another buying argument: Once you have the bottle, you can have it refilled in certain LV shops for less than 200€ (For 100 ml). All in all: money well spent, I take extreme pleasure in the fragrance.
EY99
Oud, rose, leather and lots of self-confidence
I first met the "Parföng" Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade in a YouTube video. Immediately I'm on Parfumo and I got myself a bottling. On the same day of arrival I got 3 splashes on my neck and I went with my girlfriend to a picnic. Already in the car she noticed that I was wearing something new, but this time it was something special. "Oh, you smell a little expensive". Expensive describes well the thought that you have when you google this scent. Whether it's worth the price, everyone has to know for themselves.
On my skin I have a durability of at least 12 hours with at least 8 hours of very strong projection. By very strong is meant that with 4-5 spray bursts, everyone in the room will notice that you are there. If you pass a group of people, you can definitely hear the sentence "whoa, what's that smell? This also applies if you only wear the scent outdoors. Coupled with the right outfit and a large portion of self-confidence, there is a good chance that you are THE man to focus attention on. So we would now also be in the category of gender. This fragrance is not a college or women's fragrance. For my nose, this fragrance exudes pure masculinity. The scent is just right if you really want to attract every look at you.

I have not yet come across a fragrance with such a strong performance. On the clothes the scent sometimes lasts for a week so strong that you can still take a small scent cloud of Ombre Nomade from the sweater hanging on the clothes rack aka desk chair when passing by.

This scent is currently my favourite scent and even as a student with a limited budget, I spent the 315€ for 100ml without a guilty conscience and can claim that for my senses and my nose this scent is worth its money.

This is my first comment. I am happy about feedback of any kind.
Ave Maria?!
I don't even know where to start ... heard a lot about the nomad and then got a bottling. You lift the cap and you smell the beast. I expected a lot from the scent, so one shot to the neck and the wild buzz started. Wow, it really has power.
A touch of sweet and wonderful oud welcomes you. Leathery? Hm, not really. It's the only time I get the knack of it The incense! I have no idea if it is because of my nose but after a short time I only smell the incense with a slight sweetness.
And everyone who has the scent knows his crass performance! I still have the incense on my neck after the shower I'd love to like him so much, but I can't. Unfortunately for me, all the other scent notes have slipped into the shadows.
He has his lovers and he will also find new ones but unfortunately he couldn't get me around. Nevertheless a gigantic smell with a durability that really has it in itself
Incredibly good!
This is by far the best perfume I have ever bought. This leathery paired with the wood and this raspberry note is simply indescribably good. Not only the fragrance but also the durability is outstanding. It's a very intense perfume that will surely get compliments and it's perfect for the winter
The hunter's enthusiasm for Paföng
There are moments in the life of a perfume, you do not have to understand them. Whether it is the purchase of an unknown fragrance, the discovery of a new favourite scent or the inspiration of new scents. For some time now, I've had a certain trauma in terms of overly intense, even pompous rose notes. So many fragrances have not become as dear to me as I would like them to. Many Rose-Oud combinations fall out with it already, especially if you want to test yourself as a new perfume with certain Montale scents. Even such great fragrances like Alexandria II hurt at the thought of the missing nose feeling for just these perfumes.
So far only one person has dared to install Rose in such a way, so that it does not result in escape reflexes with me. This is Ambre Nuit, which should also contain rose, but I don't hear it.

Now I have found a new representative of the category after all, who has scented itself into my heart quite surprisingly and is not perceived as the typical Rose-Oud at all. Because many people don't even hear the delicate rose in this "Paföng". But I didn't miss it, because my nose already reacts very sensitively to rose.
There he is now Ombre Nomade, a fragrance for which the word durability was invented. Too often Tuscan Leather has been considered the inspiration for this fragrance, too often Ombre Nomade is referred to as a clone. This does not do justice to this wonderful fragrance in any way. For me, even a comparison of the two borders on blasphemy, because on my skin, the fragrances take a different path or focus on differentiated notes.

I soon hear the answers under the comments fly again, that others hear Ombre Nomade as a luxury clone and yet there are so many similarities to Tuscan Leather. But this is not the case with me, which I am quite happy about. The only test I have done with Tuscan Leather some time ago did not culminate in the fireworks on my skin that could convince me. Too leathery and with the raspberry note too sour. Also the Tuscan Leather Intense was a bit too leathery-dark for me. From the latter I also had some aftereffects, so that I said adios to the genre of leather scents for now.

How did I come to want to test this fragrance after all ?
On the one hand I had the pleasure to test two classics from the Louis Vuitton range some time ago. Because I liked Orage and Sur la Route in many ways I digressed a little and informed myself accordingly for this fragrance. The "Paföng lover" on YouTube was the deciding factor. Since then there seems to be a real storm on the scent, which I grant him. Especially the 100ml version was temporarily not available anymore.

So what does the fragrance want to tell us, what does it want to show ?
Quite a lot, because the fragrance is full of stories and pictures. For me, it also drifts a bit into the visual image that Stephane Humbert Lucas' Black Gemstone and Harrods created for me.
The fragrance is bursting with dark shadows and lovely emotional worlds.
In no way does the fragrance convey modernity, but rather something old-fashioned. I can imagine a hunter's dwelling in the Middle Ages. Not a lonely hut in the forest, which would rather smell like pine needles and resin. Rather a royal hunter who has set up his residence in the brick walls of a castle. The skulls of rare animals hang on the walls, a tapestry with the coat of arms of the empire crowns the room. In front of the bed there is a fur of the bear killed a few weeks ago, finest leather from self-killing deer are on the table. The only piece of furniture brought from the former hut is the bed made of dark wood, which gives the room a smoky tone and makes the master's work look evil. On his last outing he discovered a voluminous bush full of raspberries. He put some in his pocket and took them with him. When he arrived, he placed his fruit in the bowl by the window. He liked to look out and admire the view, because a rose bush climbed up the castle walls, which always sent the fine aromas of this plant into his room. So he looked out with pleasure, heard the scent of the roses and tasted his raspberries. He thought about his past.
But the hunter is one of the humorous and gentle kind. Hunting was shown to him since childhood by his father and he always applied his experience and skills whenever it was needed. He would never harm the animals just for fun. Everything should have a purpose, nothing should be wasted. Out of interest and as a kind of trophy, he always kept a piece of the leather that was extracted from the hides. He can differentiate all kinds and enjoys the different scents the leather gives off
This is roughly how you can imagine the fragrance. Too figurativeh ?
No problem, you can also hear the notes very well and especially for a very long time. The build-up developed relatively quickly on my skin, so I wouldn't make any distinctions now, which note was there first or when the next note was added.
Dark and woody, that would describe exactly the first impression. In the second one it would be already dark-friendly. Finally, the third impression would be dark-fruity light. Even if it sounds as if this should not fit together in any way, it's amazing how everything harmonizes.

Oud - dark, woody
Raspberry - fruity
Rose - light

Everything fits together perfectly, everything harmonizes so wonderfully and my hated rose is woven in and suppressed. Unlike some others, I do not feel any notes of animalism. Nothing that is untypical for Oud.
As mentioned above, Ombre Nomade is in a different league than many other fragrances when it comes to durability. Once sprayed, you can hardly get the stuff off. 12 hours + are not uncommon here, as you can even hear individual notes the following day.

Doesn't my enthusiasm show yet ?
I AM THRILLED !
Love at the 2nd glance
Since some youtubers praised this scent so much, I simply had to order a sample of it. I didn't even have this scent on my screen before!

When I sprayed the fragrance for the first time I was very disappointed. This extreme scent right at the beginning, I don't know exactly what it is, was very penetrating, almost unpleasant. I did not understand why so many people liked this scent so much. But after about 5 minutes this raspberry note was added, which makes this fragrance really extraordinary. Since then I have loved this fragrance!

Only after some time does the fragrance really develop, the interplay of woody, leathery notes with the raspberry note is really very well done and really unique. Personally, I think that this fragrance surpasses Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather by far, precisely because of this raspberry note. The durability is also very good, the next day the scent is still perceptible on my skin.

This fragrance has become one of my absolute favourite scents. The combination of oud and raspberry fits together really well and makes the fragrance look very noble and elegant. Also the sillage and durability is great, but you shouldn't spray too much, otherwise you will fill the whole room with this scent!

You should definitely have tested this fragrance :)
Risk of suffocation
I took the freshly arrived sample out of the package today and sprayed it onto a handkerchief. Immediately my whole room was taken over by this scent, so that I couldn't perceive the other scents, which were also ready for testing. Among them also potent companions like Fucking Fabulous.

The room smelled like Ombre Nomade for another hour afterwards, although I had already put the cloth on the balcony. When I went to the balcony for lunch, a good pinch of the woody raspberry constantly blew into my nose. Even now 9 hours later the scent is still well noticeable.

Sillage and durability I can therefore rate as very good. You just have to like the scent itself. I perceive it as a slightly sweet woody raspberry. In principle quite appealing, but probably a bit too potent for my taste. However, even the 2ml sample is enough for a good while.

by DarkWinterCS
by DarkWinterCS
by Bob2020
by Bob2020
by Ch053n0n3
by Ch053n0n3

Popular Louis Vuitton

Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton Rose des Vents by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton Météore by Louis Vuitton Nuit de Feu by Louis Vuitton Apogée by Louis Vuitton