Ombre Nomade (2018)

Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design Marc Newson

Ombre Nomade is a popular perfume by Louis Vuitton for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Oud, Benzoin, Frankincense, Raspberry

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.05.2020.

Hensch00
Bad marketing at it's best...
Without much ado: It is absolutely mysterious to me why currently only 27 Parfumo members own this perfume.
I have just for direct comparison Tom Ford - Tuscan Leather on hand.
Compared to this much better known perfume (because available, *cough*), it is immediately noticeable that the L.V. (almost) completely lacks the distinct tobacco note of cigar smoke. The comparison of the contained leather notes turns out similar, in the Tom Ford it is dark, strong and clearly animalistic. The L.V. is more reserved (please don't misunderstand, the L.V. is clearly not a silent treader either), even combines something slightly floral and powdery to the overall also present performance. Also the very green, unripe raspberry of the T.F. opponent is reflected in the L.V. more easily, "more friendly".
If one now pulls the evaluations of the Zum Ford perfume to it the following picture results for me:
Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather is already selling very well, but is still too extreme, loud, rough and not very applicable for many noses. In my opinion the L.V. offers a solution for all these objections: It is wearable for more occasions, clearly more socially acceptable, but does not lose any of its self-confident charisma.
At this point I am now back to my opener:
I admit it's expensive. However, the ml prices are average compared to the competition, and for perfumo relations even rather cheap. In this context we already come to the first problem: L.V. only sells 100ml bottles, 50ml bottles are much more attractive for most people. (If someone has a statistic for me that supports this (e.g. evaluation of Tom Ford sales per perfume, proportionally converted to the bottle sizes), I'd be happy to give it to you)
In addition, I also have the dull feeling that L.V. would prefer not to offer this perfume in Germany. My sample comes from the L.V. Flagship Store in New York, where I (20 years old) and my colleague (19 years old) were willingly given large samples of all perfumes. Of course this is common in all stores in the USA and a consequence of the different attitude of our friends behind the pond (a trip to the Tom Ford Flagship Store gave us three 8ml samples plus lots of pre-filled bottles), but L.V. at least provided availability in some malls or stores outside of L.V.
So far I have only seen this perfume once in Germany, namely at the KaDeWe Berlin. Of course, there was no sample, smelling the bottle was just fine, but applying a sample was already a real challenge.
Overall, Ombre Nomade remains so clearly below its potential, for L.V. spoken in terms of sales and profit, from our point of view spoken in terms of recognition and enjoyment of this great perfume.
There is no reason to criticise the usual quality characteristics: Flacon top, Village tidy, durability as well (10 hours in any case).

So in conclusion I can only say: If you see a bottle standing in the local L.V. store, take the chance. Anyone who found this site and, to top it all, read my entire text (respect, I'm surprised myself how unstructured my artwork has become) will most likely like this perfume.

Benedikt2019
"Because it's all just stolen
"For this is all just stolen (eh oh, eh oh)
This is all not my (eh oh)
This is all just stolen (eh oh, eh oh)
But I only know that all by myself (eh oh)
It's all just stolen and stolen
Only pulled and robbed
"Sorry, I took the liberty
Would Sebastian have guessed that the hit of his dear princes would be used for a perfume commentary? I don't think so, yet the reference is more appropriate than ever! I'm just about to test my way through the Louis Vuitton fragrance collection and was really excited at first! Especially "Sur la Route" is for me a novelty on the perfume market, a rarity and simply something new (fresh leather and stuff!). Well, afterwards I tested "Orage", "Au Hazard" and now also "Ombre Nomade". This comment is intended to apply to the latter fragrance, while what has been said is also to apply to the other two fragrances - at least as far as the quintessence is concerned.

Yesterday morning - it was 06.30h - I solemnly let the nomad loose on my neck area. I already knew in advance that it should strongly resemble some of the fragrances that I know very well, but I never expected it to do so to this extent. Well, it begins in the top note with an extremely present, slightly sweet, slightly smoky (little) and especially leathery raspberry. We all know that, don't we? Of course, his two most prominent fragrance twins were immediately confirmed:

- Rasasi - La Yuqawam
- Tom Ford - Tuscan Leather
(I can't find Den Noir de Noir properly)

It would be unfair to say that it smells COMPLETELY the same, but a layman would never be able to tell the difference because it is in MINIDETAIL. I think the Ombre Nomade is tamer and more suitable for everyday life than the other two, especially than the Rasasi. It lacks the smoky component in almost the entire fragrance, it is only subliminally present, which I find good in principle. Otherwise the sweet chords were not mixed properly, he is just too sweet! The raspberry remains present throughout the fragrance and loses its sweetness only after hours. Overall, it is therefore rather fruity (sweet) and leathery. I'd want to take the smoky part away from him as the main ingredient. But otherwise nothing new is created here, it is disappointing that for this price you only get a slightly modified copy, as with many other fragrances of the brand. At this point, I think one is very much advised to consume the two fragrance twins, especially since the Tuscan Leather is also quite suitable for everyday use. The La Yaqawam is more for those who want a good smoke
Concerning the durability and the Sillage he is in no way inferior to his two twins. As I said, it was applied at 06:30h and in the evening at 18h my girlfriend could still see it well. The reactions of my students also testify that he radiates well :D

Conclusion:

Pro: potent raspberry, good shelf life and sillage, suitable for everyday use, unisex

Against: Much too sweet, just a copy, nothing new, not well balanced (sweet/leather/smoking/fruit), much too expensive

What do you think of this one?

by Bob2020
by Bob2020

Popular Louis Vuitton

Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton Rose des Vents by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Apogée by Louis Vuitton Turbulences by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton Attrape-Rêves by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton