Ombre Nomade 2018

Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design Marc Newson
Top 46 in Unisex Perfume
Ombre Nomade is a popular perfume by Louis Vuitton for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is smoky-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Oud, Benzoin, Frankincense, Raspberry

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.04.2021.

Really that good?
I have read very many reviews, videos, posts / seen in which this perfume was praised to the skies. To satisfy my curiosity u make myself a picture of the fragrance, I ordered a sample. I have to say, the perfume smells good but does not meet my expectations at all. After all the hype I had hoped for much more. Maybe some will shake their heads when they read this but I think it smells very similar to Oud by Acqua di Parma. Raspberry I smell here also not really out but durability u sillage are 1A!
Hype or no hype...
.. Ombre Nomade seeks in quality and performance of its equal.
well the price can also expect corresponding. But you notice that Louis Vuitton, their house perfumer Jaques Cavallier-Belletrud a wonderful job allows. Here is not spared, neither in the creative process, nor in high-quality ingredients.
This can also be seen in the animating short documentary, on YouTubem, of his work in the Louis Vuitton garden in Grasse.
To the fragrance: bitter berry sour and dry rose oud give very linear full throttle and have a brute sillage.
Nevertheless, in my opinion, all-season Oud ala Acqua di Parma Oud.
find it great in the summer also striking intense fragrances to wear and smell.
Appetizing and natural, as here they should be but just already.
SteveNomade
Journey into the heart of the desert
This fragrance polarizes. Already at the first spray oud and raspberry dominates the fragrance. The intensity is unimaginable. The perception is already secured after two sprays for the rest of the day. Despite the proud price, worth every penny. Clear perfume recommendation on my part
The thing with expectations
Hi, I'm pretty new to Parfumo. I was a silent reader for a long time but finally decided to sign up, which was a good decision. Since this is my first review, please don't stone me. I have already read many reviews and must say that here are already some writers or short story writers on the road ... Of course, in a positive sense.

Why now of all Ombre Nomade is my first review? Well, this fragrance was extremely celebrated on the net, whether here or on YouTube, so I had the expectation: "wow, that must be a board as a fragrance."
So fix a bottling bought and off I go thought.

But now to the fragrance... I can take in advance, I personally can understand the hype times not at all. The fragrance starts, how shall I say, stinky.... Like old Harzer, Limburger or another stinky cheese of your choice ... Maybe also like a bit of stable... flies certainly very quickly I thought... Nix da, have it even after hours rausgerochen, although no longer sooo extreme but a strange aftertaste was always there and present for me.

But you have to say that the leather and the raspberry after a time (about 30-45 min) very well plays along and suppresses the "cheese smell", but just not completely...At least for my humble subjective nose.... As I said, please do not flamed me ?
Not worth the money and hype for me, although I thought this might be one for me. Definitely not blindbuy worthy.

So, this fragrance will definitely not end up in my collection and will remain just an experience. But, that's just how it is with expectations.... Do not expect so much, then you will not be disappointed.
Power from the bottle
Leathery, noble and just special. In this day and age, it's really hard to apply the right amount of fragrance because our own mask prevents us from perceiving the scent appropriately. There has never been a fragrance that I have been so excited to finally test. When the scent finally arrived, I had to apply it immediately the next day. I thought I would start with three sprays. I found the scent very very classy and leathery in my first perception. The three sprays seemed very appropriate to me from the amount. When I arrived at my market, I was greeted with the words "have you bathed in perfume". But it was also thrown after that it smelled very good. 2 hours later an external employee approached me and said that he had already noticed my smell when I walked past him and asked me if it was an oud scent. He was really taken with the Ombre Nomade. A co-worker who was also nearby said that I would mist everything. Hahaha. It was clear that 3 sprays are already too much. The next day I tried it with 2 and felt it was the right amount. This reflected me also my environment again.
I can recommend this particularly Tollen fragrance to anyone who does not want to smell like off the shelf and those who like to stand out with their scent. As previously mentioned, it is simply noble, leathery and simply special. I have him since then on my wish list :)

Worth the Hype?
As is well known, tastes are different. And perception too!
Just remember the "black and blue or gold and white dress" question. And this I learn here on Parfumo more and more that I do not perceive certain notes, etc., which are touted by many or perceive other notes that are not listed or the like
But after a bit of research in statements and reviews, one or the other user can be found who sees it similarly. Sometimes even only in responses to reviews.
I'm also not sure whether some can not be influenced by the fragrance pyramid or comments. Say, one applies the fragrance, perceives a top note, opens the fragrance on Parfumo, sees the corresponding top note and thinks "ah yes, I just perceive quite clearly!"
What I'm getting at is, I do detect the listed oud somewhere in the background, but not at all as present or dominant.

Ombre Nomade has reminded me from the beginning extremely of Santal Royal by Guerlain. So much so that I started a direct comparison the next day. And lo and behold, they are super similar. Only the ON is more fruity. Understandably, it does contain the raspberry. But the DNA is identical.

The sillage is already good, but still totally in the framework. I have there actually somehow expected more.
Durability is good.

Conclusion: I can actually not quite understand the hype and you get for a fraction of the price the same fragrance DNA with almost the same sillage and durability. And who wants to have it absolutely identical, just put a few raspberries behind the ears.
A real bomb!
Over the past few days/weeks/months, I've really been reading and looking through every review and reaction of the fragrance. In the end, many voices have spoken of "Tuscan Leather" or "Ombre Leather" by Tom Ford. Other voices have praised the intangible oudakort in the scent. Now I have ordered the fragrance myself from Louis Vuitton. Of course, it blew a hole in my wallet first. This fragrance is a bomb! Yes, it smells very leathery and is very heavy. That raspberry note in the scent gives it a certain sweetness and there is also something indefinably oriental in the scent. Whether it's the oud or the incense I can't define but the longevity and projection of the scent are fabulous almost outrageous. It is simply a real bomb in every respect. With this fragrance you blow up all gatherings, you are definitely noticed with this fragrance. However, I must also confess that this fragrance is not for everyone. You have to like this leathery, oriental and it's definitely not a "starter" scent. Most women's reactions are not the most positive either. However, I haven't gotten more reactions for any fragrance in my collection than for this one (good ones but also bad ones). Despite the huge hype surrounding this fragrance, most people don't have this fragrance on their radar or have ever smelled it. This fragrance is polarizing and is the perfect choice for someone who doesn't care about pleasing everyone, but does their thing no matter what anyone says
Noble power scent
The interplay of the dark oriental note of the fragrance with raspberry and a slightly leathery component is unique. Just like its incredibly long-lasting intensity.
2 sprays of the fragrance are enough to cause a stir even after hours. I have never received so many compliments for a fragrance as for this.
Different than expected
Far too often, I've read the last few days and rather weeks something about this fragrance.
Each time anew I wanted to know what now waits for me, I should get him times in the fingers.

Thanks to an outstandingly fast delivery of "Memento", so as with the colleague who has written the review below me, I may now sit here and "challenge" my nose.

Absolutely excited and excited I have opened the envelope and distributed 2 sprays on my wrist.

Expected I have after all the reviews an incredibly heavy fragrance. But how exactly that should be, I was not clear and now I'm much more surprised by what I have there on the wrist.

In the first few minutes, the main component of the smell was: gasoline, plus rose and oud. But gasoline above all.
No problem for me, is also exciting times.

After a few minutes, let's say so about 20, the gasoline gives way and the fragrance notes come to light which are actually in the description + Oriental.
I thought to myself then: that resembles but already something to the fragrance
Montale - Fantastic Oud.
So off to the bathroom and a splash of the just mentioned on the other arm.
Somehow I find, I have not quite wrong with the comparison. Both have this oriental in the DNA. Nevertheless, the Montale is still a tick more oriental and in comparison then "fresher".
The Montale find I class, so much can be said in advance: The Louis so also.

I can absolutely understand why this is a unisex fragrance. I personally smell the "feminine". Stays with rose in the fragrance but probably not that I feel it so. I wonder if I could imagine a woman wearing this scent though: Yep. Would I find class, that to experience.

This gasoline mentioned at the beginning, but has remained, although not dominant, but with the nose very close to the arm, you notice it.
What can I say, at the beginning I thought: really..., funny..., exciting!
But now I think: Already Geil, crazy combination.

A 10/10 I do not want to give that, but he smells for me so Special, that I really notice when sniffing as it rises in my head. Have actually got a little headache.
As negative that may sound now, I find the Ombre nevertheless simply Hammer.
Will be a dosage question.

As a conclusion, I would say: If you wear the fragrance, you smell just like 315 euros (100ml) must smell.
Of course, you can grumble about the price and I think that I will not treat me because of it so quickly. Would I have the coal sitting so loose, I would do it but in any case.
Icon or imitator?
Persons from my closer environment would title me, my fragrance preferences concerning, as a "performance junkie". And not without reason.

I have been interested in fragrances since 2018/2019. Often I was on Parfumo to research various facts and information. However, it did not come to a registration (until recently).
Like many others, it was the standard designers that impressed me in the beginning. Versace, Chanel and Montblanc quickly found their way into my wardrobe. The motto was: Sporty and fresh.

Through several mentions in various hip-hop tracks I became aware of Tom Ford. So I made my way to the nearest perfumery and began to test.
Tom Ford's "Oud Wood" was an olfactory-incisive experience for me. This fragrance opened up a whole new and previously unknown spectrum of smells for me.
Quickly "Oud Wood" was represented in my small collection. From that moment on, my taste evolved more and more towards an oriental, woody and darker direction. Pandora's box was opened.
A little later, the, now unfortunately discontinued, "Tobacco Oud", formed the centerpiece of my collection. The strong and almost aggressive smell fascinated me enormously.

Back to the future: February 2021.
Simultaneously with a friend I registered on Parfumo. The fascination that extremely strong fragrances exerted on me has not disappeared. No quite the opposite.
Always on the search for the (for me) "perfect" fragrance, I came across "Ombre Nomade". Quickly, a sample (thanks to Memento20) was on its way to me. Three days later, I held a pocket diffuser containing five milliliters of Ombre Nomade in my hands. With this introduction, I wanted to describe my motivations, for the following review below.

Here begins the actual review:

Although there is no trace of a rose in the official fragrance notes, ON opens with a prominent rose note. A pungent but at the same time soft pungency makes itself felt. This not only sounds paradoxical, but also smells like it. The more time passes, the more the oud gains presence. This is a slightly animalic and leathery oud. Like isolated clearings, in an otherwise pitch-black forest, the raspberry note makes itself felt. As it progresses, ON loses its sharpness and becomes increasingly creamy. This is due to the contained benzoeharz.
Abstractly, I would describe the fragrance as incredibly dark and extremely masculine. He is loud, striking and certainly not suitable for the masses. He sticks out, proves character and literally screams for attention.

Critical voices complain about the lack of originality. Often "Tuscan Leather", "Oud Ispahan" or "Portrait of a Lady" are used as a reference. In my opinion, Ombre Nomade combines all the strengths of these three fragrances. It's not as pungently clear as Tuscan Leather, leatherier and (to me) more beautifully constructed than Oud Ispahan, and not as rose-dominant as Portrait of a Lady.
Overall, it's fair to say that he's not reinventing the wheel. Rather, he takes it to a new level.

Finally, I'd like to turn my attention to performance. The durability is a clear ten. On the skin, it lasts twelve hours with no problem. On the clothes for days.
I would rate the sillage and projection a nine and a half. He is definitely room-filling and extremely strong perceptible.

Conclusion:
This is a masterpiece from the house of Louis Vuitton. Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud's creation convinces not only with sheer dominance what H / S concerns, but just as with its refined fragrance image.
I look forward to Ombre Nomade hopefully soon in my collection to welcome!

BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
Ombre Nomade opens with leather and geranium/rose. I get no raspberry. In the drydown, a beautiful smoky oud. Elegant and powerful scent.

by AlexW
by Bob2020
by Chris5ch
by Chris5ch

Popular Louis Vuitton

Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Nuit de Feu by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton On The Beach by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton Météore by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton Rose des Vents by Louis Vuitton