Orage by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design Marc Newson

Orage is a popular perfume by Louis Vuitton for men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Bergamot, Java vetiver, Iris, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 30.05.2020.

Pure forest associations!
This fragrance has that certain something with which it inspires me. A pleasantly cool and fresh one that makes it appear very light, but at the same time can be a little scratchy due to the vétiver. A walk in the forest early in the morning in winter seems to me to be something like this. Cold air meets damp soil after it has rained before. The fragrance pyramid is kept simple and the components seem to get along well but my nose hardly wants to notice Orage from a distance. Sillage seems to get close to the body quickly despite its good durability. Maybe I'm just scent blind. However, it is a pleasure of simplicity
DerDefcon
Tropical grass and its surroundings
When it comes to fresh scents, I gradually distance myself from those that evoke too strong shower gel associations in me. Synthetic woodiness, Ambroxan and other "niceties" that make up some shower gel candidates are, after a certain dose, the reason for my displeasure and rejection. A few weeks ago - and I would never have thought that at Christmas 2018, when I got this fragrance from my ex-girlfriend - I even sold my "Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum)", although it earned me quite a few compliments, especially at work. But what is the point of positive encouragement, in terms of the olfactory aspect, if I do not feel one hundred percent comfortable with a fragrance throughout the day? The question does not really need to be answered.

Now that Chanel's bestseller found its way into new, happy hands, I began to use "Guerlain Homme (Eau de Parfum)", which I had rarely touched before, but which was still in my possession, preferably at work.
As a student, I no longer work full-time, of course. This is not working. It is perhaps ten hours a week that I spend in the company that trained me three years earlier, selling mattresses, pillows, duvets, furniture, bedding, decoration and other stuff. Customer contact means that olfactorically, I need a safe board so that I don't cause a nuisance and spoil the sales conversation, which sometimes involves four-figure sums, just because I perhaps felt the need to smell exotic. I can take such risks in university, but not at work. Maybe one or two of you here will contradict me. I have an opinion.

Guerlain Homme (Eau de Parfum)" undoubtedly represents such a safe board. Modern embedded vetiver is something that appeals to me. However, I don't like single and therefore extremely dominant vetiver - Tom Ford's "Grey Vetiver" is a good example - at all. The combination of modern notes and the sweet grass so popular with perfumers, which is green, dark, often smoky and above all classic, is exactly what I imagine a beautiful everyday and work fragrance to be. In the Guerlain I mentioned, peppermint, rum and floral notes harmonize perfectly with the vetiver. In Louis Vuitton's "Orage", bergamot and iris again ensure that perfect interplay.

Now that I have described a part of my olfactory career to you over many, many lines - others would call it maturation - it should now really be about "Orage". I hope you've read this far.

"Orage" begins much brighter than "Guerlain Homme (Eau de Parfum)". Instead of dark rum, the light, extremely clean and almost stinging iris appears. However, their performance is not quite as offensive as in the Iris Crackers from Prada. Nevertheless their existence clearly overshadows the dark sweet grass - at least at the beginning. Even the bergamot, which is a bit fruity and sour, does not let the vetiver conquer my nasal mucous membranes right at the beginning. Only in the course of time does he know how to assert himself and put his comrades-in-arms in their place. However, the term "put in the barriers" does not mean dominance. Much rather, everything exists perfectly balanced side by side. Although the bergamot is increasingly running out of air from hour to hour, it does not matter. The iris/vetiver composite is perfectly adequate. This not too dark, not too smoky and very ripe green, which occasionally gets a waking shudder from the clean-flashing iris, is simply wonderfully invigorating without being only "superficially fresh". Due to the extremely pleasant dose of vetiver, the fragrance ultimately possesses a great deal of depth and also something soft, which keeps the iris, which is often very dispersing, in check and thus maintains the balance in the very reduced fragrance pyramid. At some point, a little earthiness is added as the icing on the cake, thanks to patchouli, which perfectly rounds off the modern vetiver-iris conglomerate.

You can think what you like about the clothes from this fashion house, which is currently increasingly turning to the perfume market. As far as his wallets and purses are concerned, I am probably less the target group. Olfactorially it looks a little bit different again, although I have to try to control pulse, breathing and wink frequency, I consider that for 100ml above average money is demanded. Am I ready to spend this and then also for a fresh scent, which is automatically dosed a little stronger and stronger? Am I willing to spend so much money when I already have a great, modern vetiver fragrance from Guerlain that will also last a lot longer for my skin? I leave these two questions open for now
Berliner
I love him, but I don't know why....
I was lucky enough to get seven sample tubes. I didn't like the scent the first time I sprayed it because it didn't match my usual citrus/bergamot taste. Nevertheless I always smelled and dared to say that the scent of Sur La Route is my favourite scent of Louis Vuitton.

Unfortunately I am alone in my circle of acquaintances with the view. When I was recently invited to coffee with my "parents-in-law", I put on the scent.

The reaction was sobering: They thought I had joint pain and applied a pain gel: "Did you have back pain" I was asked...

So quickly my dream fragrances are stomped into the ground... :-(
FabianO
Humid grass, rainforest-like weather - pleasantly cool-green summer subtiler
Yes, the Louis Vuitton fragrances seem to be my case. After I had already bought a second bottling of the fine "Sur la Route", which is special in its green, grassy and fresh way of making, this "thunderstorm" scent now also convinces me.

Cavallier-Belletrud succeeds in creating a rather floating, green, rainforest-like, humid and cool atmosphere, which, in contrast to many other, rather oppressive heavy vetiver perfumes, is very casual (and by the way resembles the "Sur la Route").

A little bit of citrus-lively bergamot, lots of vetiver and a little powdery-floral iris result in a summer-suitable, unobtrusive aroma that changes between damp grass and wet stones, which is given a discreet earthy nuance by an idea of patchouli
All in all harmonious and round, I am happy to stay in the cupboard next to my other Vuitton tube. :-)

AnjaTom
Warm summer rain on dry straw...!
After Sur la Route the 2 Louis Vuitton which impresses me absolutely. From the scents (I have at least) so little expected and have been absolutely surprised.
I would describe the start as woody-citric. After approx. 10 minutes he changes to a woody-fresh dry base which is absolutely convincing. Fine, Fresh sweet-herb.
One speculates what else is contained besides the mentioned scents. To be honest, I don't care, I only know that what is contained is aberolut finely tuned to each other.
Everything goes hand in hand, nothing disturbing, nothing intrusive, but still present.
Always wearable, but still recognizable niche. You always get me with that ;-)
After approx. 2 hours the scent smells like damp, gently sprinkled straw, or hay?
The Vetiver, the Iris and the Patchouli form a wonderful base, which to my surprise lasts quite long.
The Sillage is a bit more modest than Sur la Route, but still always present and pleasant.
With me both smells are represented as follows:
SLR: 8 hours HS
Orage: H also 8 hours, but the Sillage becomes less after 6 hours than with SLR.

But all in all I can say that I didn't expect anything from these fragrances and was absolutely surprised. Great Niche creations both of which didn't exist before. Unique. No real fragrance twin nameable.

Noble, elegant and nevertheless wonderfully casual wearable.
My greatest respect to Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud.

Anyway, a test worth who does not know these scents.

Exquisite
Super classy linear bergamot/iris/vetiver. Superbly balanced and you certainly notice that only the highest class raw materials are used. Some resemblance with Voyage d,Hermès, but where the pepper is toned down in lieu of vetiver, which in my mind gives a more harmonious balance. Exquisite, refined and pure class.
Atanarjuat
Still waters are deep - in search of greenery

I was very curious about the new fragrances from Vuitton, had only recently launched perfumes for women and mid-2018 for men back on the market First statements and comments here on Parfumo made me no less expectant and I got some bottlings from the souk. The bank revealed a very fine and exquisite offer for my nose.

"Sur la Route" is nice grassy, "Au Hasard" quite woody, also "L ´Immensité" I like well, but I have to test it a bit more extensively - in any case nice and fresh. Two other fragrances didn't match my search for a green fragrance: "Nouveau Monde" and "Ombre Nomade" are rather heavy chunks, even if no less corresponding to the upper category.

My last rehearsal was "Orage". The scents read very green and I was really excited about this test
A green veil of mist blows towards you, quite powerful. You go straight into your Silla forest, smell damp plants, leaves wet with drizzle. I especially like single sprinkles of bergamot - to stay with the picture: from time to time one of these raindrops hits you through the treetops directly on your head. Refreshing!

At first the impression of a rather linear scent remains, but in my opinion the scent becomes a little brighter with time. At the beginning still green-woody-earthy (Vetiver, Patchouli), it leaves more and more space for citric components, also the iris comes to light. As if one had found a clearing - or again from the dense forest - (out). Contrasts play around, which fit together very nicely. Green in any case.

This fragrance is for me the most interesting fragrance of 2018. It is so a little love at second sight - when "Sur la Route" and "L ´Immensité" supposedly score faster with their top notes, Orage is really not the ugly duckling, but definitely the still and deep water.
Avichr
Fancy a cup of Earl Grey?
I see the presentation of Orage on Instagram and am spontaneously thrilled. Interesting name (storm), grandios minimalistic packaging, crazy price - haha. I want to try this blind!

A friend who used to work at the LV Flagship Store in Munich (and now at Moncler) says to me "Oh, I'll get you some samples". Picked him up yesterday. Now I have 10 x Orage 2ml and a Sur La Route.

The first impression is wonderful. Bergamot makes Orage somehow as fresh as a typical Acqua the Parma scent but with a deep, harsh, enigmatic Vetivier note. I remember my Frédéric Malle experiments. Anyway, Orage doesn't smell cheap at all. You can almost feel the 210 euros - or imagine it.

Maybe Orage will be my Vetiver Go-To fragrance. What green is still missing in my collection and I hadn't found anything I really wanted yet.

Oh - and I have to think about Earl Grey tea all the time, which is also my favorite tea. That's fine.

by Atanarjuat
by Atanarjuat
by Avichr
by Avichr

Popular Louis Vuitton

Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton Rose des Vents by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Apogée by Louis Vuitton Turbulences by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton Attrape-Rêves by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton