Turbulences (2016)

Turbulences by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design Marc Newson

Turbulences is a perfume by Louis Vuitton for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-animal. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Jasmine sambac absolute, Indian tuberose, Chinese magnolia, May rose, Leathery notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.02.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is French actress Léa Seydoux.

Unusual outsider
The most headstrong scent I've ever smelled. Many components seemed unknown to me, at least in this combination. In the beginning it seems fresh, I still like it quite well, later it indeed feels heavier, darker, more special. A really extraordinary fragrance, very peculiar but perhaps very interesting because of that! It is incredibly difficult for me to describe and interpret the scent or even the components. I don't think I'll get more than one rehearsal.

For Tuberose Lovers
If you love tuberose then this one may be for you. It's quite a beautiful tuberose, too, sharp and swoon-inducing in the topnote and soon joined by the leather note characteristic of this series. Other forals are present, but tuberose dominates for a long while. To me, this isn't quite as extravagantly beautiful as LV's Rose des Vents and Mille Feux, but Turbulences is a well-done addition to the line. I've had it on all day and when I bring my arm to my nose the perfumista in me still moans softly, even now as it fades. Had I not smelled the other two first, I'd be singing the praises of Turbulences, the entire LV 2016 collection is of such high quality. So this review feels a bit like scoffing at sirloin because I had filet mignon yesterday.

Cumulnimbus
Elegant, chic and a bit difficult
One must love mushroom earthy smell and green fresh soft cheese tuberose but also, and this is important, soft floral and rubbery leather to truly enjoy this one. I do. I disagree on the safety of this composition, on the contrary I can see many people disliking it, I think tuberose leather combination, one of my favourite note combo, isn't that popular at all. You just need to check other perfumes reviews which tried out leather tuberose combo before Turbulences as for instance Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse.

The mushroom earthyness is there from the beginning up to the drydown, on my skin it is very prominent, tuberose floral notes play a secondary role in the first stages and gets almost lost under the slightly floral, leather and musks blend of the gorgeous drydowm which is not totally a clean one but perfectly controlled. Elegant, chic, a bit difficult, tasteful, sharp and accurate as intelligent people are.

Totally unisex, there is no sweetness in it. Moderate sillage but good longevity. I prefer Turbulences on skin than on clothes and I can see myself using it on spring.

I can see Cuir d'ange fans enjoying this one too.

by Sumi
by Sumi

Popular Louis Vuitton

Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Rose des Vents by Louis Vuitton Apogée by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton Attrape-Rêves by Louis Vuitton