Nuit de Feu 2020

Nuit de Feu by Louis Vuitton
Nuit de Feu is a new perfume by Louis Vuitton for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is smoky-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Somalian frankincense, Black frankincense, Incense, Leather, Ambrette seed, Musk, Assam oud

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 07.04.2021.

Insensé galore!
What a beautifully dark and rich scent. The aptly named Fiery Night is a wondrous experience. It reminds me of a Moroccan bazaar. Incense is king in this fragrance. The longevity is great, it lasts the whole day and more. Same goes with projection, people will know you've entered the room.
AnjaTom
The Night of Fire...Burning Man Signature!
A very apt description for the fragrance and, of course, for the color of the bottle.
Certainly not chosen without reason.
A dry burning pine forest from afar, lots of incense!

It's dry needles that catch fire immediately, a very natural smoke from a distance.
In combination with this great animalic oud that comes afterwards. A very authentic fragrance, warm, creamy but also dark!
Balsamic and warm-woody.
Leather plays a rather subordinate role for my concept! It is there, but not in the foreground.

A strange "freshness" carries the fragrance with it, I can not tell you where that is supposed to come from...I suspect but also here Ambrette.
Overall, the fragrance comes very modern and portable therefore, of course, you do not perceive the first time you wear it...you have to give it time!

He is similar to his brother Ombre Nomade simply masterful Kreirt. Nuit de Feu is, however, something unjustly in the shadow of his brother.
I can only say here! Tests Him! Next to the Onbre Nomade the best for men suitable fragrance from the dark LV series.

Unfortunately, the dark bottle also has a dark side, the price! 315€ is a proud announcement, but I must say in the same sentence: "He is just worth it as well as Obre Nomade!"

Finally, a short sentence to my headline:
I was unfortunately never on the "Burning Man" festival, but I could well imagine that the fragrance atmospheric exactly Darstellt.
Le parfum de l'équilibre
Nuit de Feu. Louis Vuitton. Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud. Keywords that evoke associations, opinions and thoughts in many minds. I ask critics now times briefly these "thoughts" to mute.

I like to describe the scent hobby as a journey. One makes oneself on the way with an empty backpack. This backpack is filled and emptied again and again in the course of the journey. You meet companions and companions. You exchange experiences and even get to know yourself. One grows with and at his scents.

In the summer of 2017, I surfed on "For the love of fragrance" as I was looking for a birthday gift. I came across the perfume categories, more specifically the individual fragrances. Much seemed familiar and understandable, but then I read: incense, juchte, leather, balsamic.
My thoughts, "Like, what, wow? There's incense and resins in fragrances?".

A few months and sample orders later, I registered here under the name "Frankincense" (Willi Tonka already existed, sorry, kidding).

I do not want to seem arrogant here, as I have "only" tested about 600 fragrances and I should actually still have a good 100,000 ahead of me. Nevertheless, I am currently experiencing so-called "Pinnacle" moments (explanation: highlights, summits). Meanwhile, I can sound out clear favorites, be it with certain brands or even entire fragrance categories (this definitely includes that I have tested all the candidates relevant to me).

Nuit de Feu belongs to my personal "Pile of Pinnacle". More specifically, it is the best smoky, balsamic, "woodsy" scent for me. Why...?

...Because he is for me (as mentioned in my blog), in balance. It hits the happy medium of wearability and concept. Of courage and restraint. Of perseverance and calmness. Out of quality and serenity. Out of crystallization of individual notes and fusion into a great whole.
It does not matter whether Louis Vuitton launches this fragrance or Areej Le Doré.

I picked up a great definition of Nui de Feu: the scent doesn't smell like you're standing in a burning forest, it smells like a burning forest outside the city. And that, I think, sums it up very well.

Thank you for reading, and thus your most precious gift, time.
Cash date
Seldom have I looked forward to a new fragrance as much as I did to the Nuit de Feu by Louis Vuitton. That's because I have a fable for oud-incense combinations. Incense itself is often too dry and not heavy enough for me. Oud makes incense, when dosed sufficiently, into something heavy, dark, mystical. This is exactly what the creation called Night of Fire promised.

But it all turned out differently. This fragrance opens with a solamian incense, extraordinarily similar to the one in Montale Full Incense. Maybe some more incense resin and musk, but at most very much in the background. Incense clearly dominates. This interpretation of incense smells like open-pored wood to my nose. So much so that I was tempted to call Dior's Bois d'Argent a scented twin. Perhaps it is because of this association that I cannot attribute this scent to the night.

After a while leather notes, musk and some oud are added. The leather can be smelled out well, it would be said to be quite decisive for the DNA. Incense remains in the foreground. The oud only supports in the background. This distinguishes the Nuit de Feu from the Ombre Nomade, where oud is in the foreground. Here the development is a bit different than at Montale Full Incese. And also different from the Bois d'Argent, because there is more citrus.

The fragrance is without question beautifully crafted and will appeal to all those who like Montale's Full Incense. It has an absolute right to exist. It's just not what I was hoping for. A very bright, not somber incense scent. Well, I'm afraid my search for an oud incense breaker isn't over yet. I must take another look at the ombre nomad. Maybe he's the one I'm looking for.

Conclusion: Great smell, unfortunately not as I subjectively expected. Recommended for all true incense lovers who also appreciate light-coloured and therefore somehow authentic incense creations. Before buying, I would strongly recommend to try Full Incense by Montale to avoid paying too much. Cheers!

by Scentimenta
by Scentimenta

Popular Louis Vuitton

Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton Météore by Louis Vuitton On The Beach by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton Rose des Vents by Louis Vuitton