Symphony 2021

Symphony by Louis Vuitton
Bottle Design Frank Gehry
Symphony is a new perfume by Louis Vuitton for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is citrusy-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

BergamotBergamot
GrapefruitGrapefruit
GingerGinger

109 Ratings
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.10.2021.

Jambo
Aromatherapy in the salt desert
Today I was lucky enough to be able to test all five of the new LV fragrances, whose bottles were designed by legendary architect Frank Gehry. I tested Symphony first, because the description of the fragrance on the Louis Vuitton site appealed to me. I was infatuated with the idea of being in a place where the sea merges with the sky and and the dry salt floor reflects the sun's rays, making it an indescribable spectacle. As if, with the play of light, a feeling of infinity spreads and I was walking along the Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia.

Then, as I sprayed the scent on my arm, I also had the perfect scenario for the scent in my head. Me, in the Infinity salt flats, wearing a tropical shirt, looking out in the vastness of the uneconomical looking landscape for the breeze of the dry wind, rebelling against nature as if to tell me "stay a little longer, it's quite sweet here". But once I had it on my arm, disillusionment set in a little quickly. The top note, from which I hope for a change of feelings, smelled very linear and a bit too dominant of ginger and lemon aromatherapy oil. The citrusy note was more like verbena than citrus and grapefruit was holding me back. At first, the fragrance even reminded me of Eau de Verveine Vibrante. I was then a bit disappointed at first and turned to the other fragrances in the faint hope that the symphony would say goodbye with a grand finale, but unfortunately that was not the case. The drydown was undynamic and the mixture of ginger and lemon continued to dominate the action.

Conclusion:

Bottle - LV's bottles are some of the most beautiful in the industry for me, but with the Gehry range they have topped themselves for my liking. The head of the bottle, which resembles a transparent veil (according to the staff, it's all handmade) and the boutique where they have built a huge veil over the collection that resembles the head of the perfumes is second to none.

Fragrance - Basically, the composition is coherent, the fragrance serves its purpose as a summer lightweight. However, it is too citrusy for me personally and has too little depth. The ginger is a little too intrusive for me and the grapefruit was taken note of, overall the fragrance reminds me very much of citronella. I find it nice that the durability is good and the lemon does not scratch. But in the end, the Gretchen question arises with most, whether the fragrance is "worth it". And unfortunately, I have to answer in the negative. For the price LV charges, you should expect more than a fragrance that smells like citronella. The bottles are only available in 100 ML and they cost 450 Euro. Refill costs 300 euros.

Gorgeous bottles
First of all, I’m a big fan of many LV fragrances and find the others at least decent. The fragrances of LV are mostly easy to wear and mass-appealing, however they are also unique. I understand that many people say that they are not worth the price but in my opinion many of them are. With that in mind I opened the five samples from the five new fragrances of LV which come in a gorgeous new bottle at a very high price tag (450€).
To make things clear, as much as I like the bottle design, the price of those fragrances is not justified.
But let’s talk about the smell anyway. Symphony is the only fragrance from the collection that I see slightly more on the masculine side. It is very citrusy and fresh. When I smelled it the first time, I immediately thought that I know the smell from somewhere. Now, a few days later, I think it’s similar to Creeds Aventus Cologne. I would describe it as denser, thicker and much longer performing.
I could easily smell it 16h after applying. To be honest, it wasn’t projecting at this point anymore, however it’s a fresh scent and it was still there.
So if you search for a long lasting fresh scent, you might put this one on your list.

Overall, I like the scent, but I currently don’t like it 450€-much. After testing the others from the collection too, it is the only one that I probably would go for as a men. For women, I really can suggest trying Dancing Blossom ans Stellar Times.

However all of them don’t seem to be as unique as the ones from the regular collection. I believe that LV has chosen a few good selling niche fragrances, got inspired by them and produced a much denser version of them.

Popular Louis Vuitton

Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim by Louis Vuitton Sur la Route by Louis Vuitton Imagination by Louis Vuitton Orage by Louis Vuitton Nouveau Monde by Louis Vuitton L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton Les Sables Roses by Louis Vuitton Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton Mille Feux by Louis Vuitton Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton Cactus Garden by Louis Vuitton Sun Song by Louis Vuitton Contre Moi by Louis Vuitton On The Beach by Louis Vuitton Dans la Peau by Louis Vuitton Cœur Battant by Louis Vuitton California Dream by Louis Vuitton Météore by Louis Vuitton Le Jour se Lève by Louis Vuitton