Gin Fizz 1955

Gin Fizz by Lubin
Gin Fizz is a popular perfume by Lubin for women and was released in 1955. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still available to purchase.

Henri Giboulet

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Mandarin orangeMandarin orange JuniperJuniper Sicilian lemonSicilian lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGalbanumGalbanum IrisIris Turkish jasmineTurkish jasmine Orange blossomOrange blossom Rose absoluteRose absolute
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin OakmossOakmoss Florentine irisFlorentine iris VetiverVetiver Yellow irisYellow iris White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 01.10.2022.

A reformulated version by Thomas Fontaine was re-released in 2009.

6 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Aventurin
Roof terrace idyll at dusk
I must confess: The idea of my own, well-kept roof terrace triggers in me a feeling of childlike exalted euphoria.
In the evening with a fine drop in the gentle wind follow the waves of the music, lose yourself in the play of colours of the watercoloured cloud landscapes and the light pulsation of the night, and underneath you the queues of cars flow like iridescent pearls, the gaze rests on the sky mirror of cold blue glass facades or majestic stucco buildings, over one watches the tourmaline black spotted firmament.
Those, who are denied this luck, have to dodge to bars, from which over Berlin's roofs one or the other piece of jewellery is enthroned, some unfortunately only for club members, who have bravely completed an accordingly strict admission procedure.

Gin Fizz is in its wonderfully tangy freshness like a cool-flowing seduction on such a roof terrace, still heated by glowing solar heat, filled with muffled voices, blossom-white shirts and grey-green silky shine on alabaster skin.
Bitter transparent juniper is flanked by a bright, clear tandem of mandarin and bergamot, framed by mossy, slightly herbaceous accents.
Lubin's lime green chypre alternates between spring light - airy - floral and dry - powdery - serious, too frosty to give off a hint of warmth, but too mild to pass as a creaky complex representative of this fragrance genus.

Gin Fizz is as fine as a noble cocktail, as refreshing as the dive in the opal shimmering swimming pool, as delicate as the stories in the soft rustling of the leaves, almost a little wistful in its soft fading - like the clinking of the glasses when the dawn of the night robs the soul.
Novalis
... Gin Fizz or rather Tom Collins?
I was an avid gin drinker back then.
Here perhaps one should not place the emphasis so on the two parts of the word.;-).
Why don't we just say "connoisseur:-)"?
In all variants. As a fine saffrongin with a slice of orange, a nice Hendricks with a twist of cucumber and some pepper from the mill or simply a Gordons with some lemon.
You could spin the sentence endlessly, there are too many great gins and too many combinations.

Of course then also the "Sours", here the structure always from lemon juice (best freshly pressed juice) and sugar syrup. Based on it then the Fizzes and Collinses, which are filled up however still with soda.
That despite the identical composition the preparation gives the difference in taste, is already fenomenal.

If the Gin Fizz is shaken in the "Shaker" or "Boston Shaker" and the Tom Collins is directly built up in the glass and only stirred and then both poured with soda water afterwards, a difference in taste can be perceived.
What do I perceive here?
The fragrance begins citrically almost briefly acidic.
From the very beginning, however, a fine juniper note can be felt. However, during the preparation something was exaggerated for my taste with the "sugar syrup/läuterzucker".

Could it be the iris and the jasmine?

That's what happened to us at the bar, we rebuilt it. He's too unbalanced for me.
It could be a little more lemon and a little less sweetness.
What doesn't even point to a Gin Fizz is the rose, which I think is quickly very present and can be smelled more clearly than in the fragrance pyramid.
It's not a bad smell, I like the house "Lubin" too, but he won't be mine.
More for the woman, a few gentlemen dare him. I don't trust him, and I don't dare wear him either. Here are more lively variants for me..

On the other hand, I find the bottle very cool and successful. Sillage and shelf-lives decrease quite quickly.

Everyone as he likes it:-).
Schraeubchen
Neither hipster nor fur coat
Gin Fizz is a perfume I probably wouldn't have been interested in without the help of Parfumo.
When I heard the name I thought of hip people drinking Gin Fizz in a hip bar. That's not me But the comments here made me curious, so I bought a bottling of it.
After the first sprayer the GöGa said "Make-up and fur coat, that comes to mind." Mmh, I was probably further along, because it didn't occur to me in the slightest.
And my fears about a fragrance for hipsters shouldn't come true either.

Others have already described the scent here and much better than I could.

The fragrance is not obtrusive, flowery in a very pleasant, discreet way and not sweetly powdery. The powdery note rather brings a certain warmth. Overall, I feel a certain pleasant restraint, which also brings a bit of mischief.

The silage is not too strong, which is very convenient for my needs. I have a very good shelf life, longer than 8 hours.

He's already on my wish list.

Shockingly Refreshing & Clean Chypre
Typically, when I see the word "Gin" in reference to a fragrance I am almost already preparing my exit strategy. This doesn't seem like it would work for the office or daily use, nor would I want to be accused of wreaking of gin, really in any situation. But as I am discovering with the house of Lubin, take these names apply them in an abstract way. Gin Fizz starts out with an initial bracing blast of juniper and zesty lemon that recedes to the middle within the first 10 minutes for me. Next comes that delightful bergamot and mandarin expertly entwined with the light orange blossom. At this stage the fragrance floats about with good sillage of about 1 meter (3.28 ft.) radius for the next 2-3 hours. As Gin Fizz gets to the dry down, it settles into a lovely clean laundry note created jasmine and rose juxtaposed with a touch of earthy iris, white musk, oakmoss and galbanum to give this a density and complexity that surpasses other clean laundry type scents of lesser craftsmanship. The longevity on this is quite astounding after 8 hours it was still quite strong and fresh on my skin, never turning sour or veering off into one single note. This strikes me as a beautiful unisex daytime scent of citrus, herbs and laundry with a pinch of grounding earth for someone who absolutely wants to smell just showered and freshly laundered for 12 hours. This is an energizing and invigorating type of scent with excellent structural complexity and persistence.

K1
Fresh, tidy and bath smell...
Gin Fizz is a perfume that does not work on skin but it smells like shoulders and hair of girls just after shower! It's very skin-related and tidy, slightly soapy, fresh watery, musky and fruity green. I repeat not a skin perfume at all, you only get some feedback from not-so-professional perfume lovers if you apply on a loose shirt. Delicate, feminine, simple luxury or better to say imitated luxury.
More reviews

4 short views on the fragrance
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Tart galbanum and fresh citruses in the opening. Gin Fizz is green, floral, with an earthy oakmoss base. Could have been better blended.
KuraiKurai 1 year ago
A sparkling lemon-iris summer scent. I'd say 7-Up, but a fancy one!
GorgiaGorgia 3 years ago
I've received so many compliments on this.This scent is epitome of an elegant summerscent.Light,fresh, and easy for anyone to wear.
LillibetLillibet 5 years ago
Such a fun fragrance. Like walking around in a froth of golden gin-tinged champagne bubbles. But perhaps not suitable for work.

Images

12 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Lubin

Akkad by Lubin Kismet (2016) by Lubin Itasca / Le Vetiver - Itasca by Lubin Idole de Lubin (Eau de Parfum) by Lubin Le Vetiver by Lubin Grisette by Lubin epidOr (2017) by Lubin Black Jade by Lubin Upper Ten for Her by Lubin Galaor by Lubin Idole de Lubin (Eau de Toilette) by Lubin Condottiere by Lubin Korrigan by Lubin Galaad by Lubin L'Eau Neuve - Figaro by Lubin Princesses de Malabar by Lubin Daïmo by Lubin L'Eau Neuve - Inédite by Lubin Sinbad by Lubin L'Eau Neuve by Lubin