Kismet 2016

Version from 2016
Kismet (2016) by Lubin
Top 69 in Women's Perfume
Kismet (2016) is a popular perfume by Lubin for women and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-powdery. It is still in production.

Thomas Fontaine

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesRosa centifolia absolute, Bulgarian rose, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Opoponax, Bourbon vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.01.2021.

Ttfortwo
Relationship status: It's difficult.
Inspired by Sniffsniff's worth reading comment, I started to think about Kismet and why I don't wear it, although I find it really beautiful, very beautiful indeed.

Well, I don't wear Shalimar either, at least not in the true sense of the word, i.e. "put it on and get out on the street". But in the home office, for example, I wear the Extrait from time to time as emotional support and to maintain morale, because I find that Shalimar is demanding and edgy and wants to be watched awake, and therefore keeps my mental activity lines nice and high.

Why i came to shalimar: Because kismet still seems to me - no matter how much that is denied in the fragrance twin claims - like the well-behaved half-sister of the smoking and growling Guerlain elderly.

Kismet is round, soft and much softer and certainly not a re-imagining of the old Kismet scent, but an interpretation of the old template with modern means and this in turn brings me to my Kismet dilemma.

The idea "Kismet" smells much older than the design is, it (the idea) actually has an unmistakable vintage signature. Some statements also aim unmistakably in this direction. But: The version is missing a very important part of what makes a real vintage oriental for me, among others the critters. The enigmatic, sometimes delicately grim and angular. Kismet is light as a feather and beautiful, but it doesn't take any risks, everyone will love it, as enchanting as it smells of lemon vanilla tartlets. You could also say it's just a bit boring.

Furthermore, it is disappointingly short on my skin. Well, that's partly my scented skin.

Kismet does not last forever on clothing either, but considerably longer, only then the pretty citric top note is almost completely skipped, as well as most of the floral aspects, and a matt powdery, vanilla veil of scent establishes itself very, very quickly, as it is then long-lasting, but without too much recognition or unique value.

It doesn't work, the relationship " Kismet and me", at least not convincing enough, that's like my relationship with non-alcoholic sparkling wine or (much worse) non-alcoholic gin surrogates. There too I prefer to leave it whole
Now Kismet is relatively expensive, so I don't want to apply it "on the side". For the big moments there are not enough fireworks for me
It is what it is
My world-religious half-knowledge forced me to try the big G before writing this commentary. Very well. Kismet is thus in very rough outlines the Arabic equivalent of our North German basic attitude of mind: "It is as it is". Only that we North Germans mostly ascribe the accomplished facts, which we are confronted with everywhere, to chance, whereas "Kismet" here means something completely different, namely the irrevocable, divinely predestined fate.
Oha. That's a pretty big leap of faith in the Lubin house. It's a great concept that was the inspiration. My expectations are correspondingly high. Because Lubin and I - that works above average often above average.
I appreciate the fragrances of the house especially because of their natural, high-quality appearance and wearability. They don't shout out loud vulgar stuff while they are rushing their aroma chemicals through your synapses - that's not their way. Rather, they are highly complex, finely composed and at the same time so reserved that they are a real boon to my maltreated nose in the noisy world of the olfactory arms race. Many Lubin fragrances are very durable, but project rather discreetly.
Which brings us to the extremely elegant transition to Kismet. Kismet projects at least as strongly as the Harz cheese that my father occasionally deposited in one of our kitchen wall units for the purpose of intensive post-maturing. Woe to the one who accidentally opened the cupboard door.
A spray of Kismet on the back of my hand managed - mind you, two hours after spraying - to be noticed by the cashier of my trust through the mask at the local Edeka. "But today you smell flowery."
Yeah. Right. And that's where my misery begins. Flowers. Tons of them. Roses. Ruthless roses. Roses that know no mercy. The scent begins harmlessly with a really beautiful bergamot. Typical Lubin, absolutely natural. Calabrian summer and me in the middle. But this moment of happiness should remain a fleeting one, because it doesn't last long and the rose pushes itself feisty into the picture. In the meantime, I have made friends with a few flower scents during my fragrance journey, but this rose constantly tempts me. It stings. Not in the flesh, but directly into the nose and into my headache centre. I see. She has an equally devious ally in this. Patchouli stands by the perfidious thornblossom and busily forges intrigues to give me kismet While I smell, analyze, brood, annoy me, kismet becomes more and more powdery. I can hardly make out individual nuances, the fragrance as a whole flirts in my head, it oscillates. I feel oppressed, constricted. Kismet is omnipresent. I can no longer concentrate. And again I feel angry. No, it's definitely not bad. It's a perfectly good and extremely high-quality scent. And I would probably take a pleasurable deep breath and nod appreciatively if I met a person wearing kismet.
But I throw in the towel, I raise the white flag. Kismet is too much, too dense, too pink, too powdery. On me, at least.
I am a little disappointed, because I was looking forward to Kismet after all the beautiful Lubins I got to know during the last months.
And in order not to let the whole thing end here as a tragedy in one act:
For those who love rose and patchouli, Kismet is a beautiful fragrance that is absolutely superior in quality. You can't say otherwise. It is the way it is.
Parfümlein
Kismet - unfathomable fate in the mirror of a fragrance
I have biggest problems not to get into "Kismet". This perfume is one of those scents that make me absolutely nervous, because they are simply TO good, making one TO very much smell the perfumed body part all the time. I go crazy with the depth and complexity of the perfume, hardly daring to stop sniffing for more than five minutes, because I could miss one of the many facets of this dream fragrance.
Kismet" seems to me to be the most distant right at the beginning in the top note. On the one hand wonderfully citric, which I love, I perceive here on the other hand very harsh, almost Too spicy oriental spice tones. That seems relatively hard to me, but also very interesting. Everyone can do citric - in "Kismet" the citric prelude is like a challenge and catapults you immediately to a Moroccan bazaar on a hot summer afternoon. As I said, the beginning is not even as beautiful as I think. But then an oriental-floral heart note unfolds with all its force, which I find quite wonderful and which gets something earthy from a light patchouli background. I don't know centifolia personally, but I can clearly see that the rose is very, very spicy, because the initial spice has been absorbed into the heart, and that the rose also appears a little candied and brings a touch of marzipan with it; all this in front of a curtain of patchouli - the rose here actually appears sweetly disguised as a mysterious oriental in the theatre. Wonderfully, the patchouli prevents a fresh-sweet body lotion tone from creeping in here - on the contrary, its presence creates an incredibly serious, solemn depth. I consider this to be an extremely artistic achievement.
When finally, at the end, a delicately sweet vanilla tone actually appears, but which I do not feel as strongly as many have described here, then the initially so tart and spicy scent flows into a sweet paradise of seductive Arabic delicacies. The light almond tone, which is still minimally recognizable even in the base note, as well as the oriental sweetness of Opoponax and the soft resinous tone of Labdanum make the vanilla a great, grown-up fragrance that has nothing in common with the childlike, peaceful sweetness of my beloved Wintergourmands. This base note gives the heavenly peace of sweet fullness.
A really exceptionally beautiful fragrance, which I love to wear especially in these bitter times. Because it is so multi-layered, it constantly holds new surprises and prevents me from getting bored here at home. Because it is so expressive and also arouses some associations, it fires my imagination and invites me to daydream between two work steps. And because it is so wonderfully artistically designed, it seems as serious and mature as it gives me the security in the current situation that I am looking for and miss about myself. In addition, there is the incredibly beautiful bottle, which is so heavy and precious in the hand. A fragrance that definitely deserves its name
My Kismet: Vanilla Chocolate Checks
And while I'm at it, I've been working on getting away from all the sweet stuff for a while now (working out pretty well, thanks for asking).

My very first impression of Kismet are citrusy notes over which a hint of powder with a hint of sweetness was put, so that here nothing bites, is fresh or tart. The whole thing just prizzles lightly on my nose. I like that exceptionally well at first. However, this unfortunately only lasts for a short while, and muff follows.... It takes a while for muff to turn into floral notes, which are also already accompanied by the base notes. Consequently, it is on my skin floral, slightly spicy and sweet.

In my subsequent tests I do not find my first impression, the top notes are immediately caught up by the heart and base notes, and the overall picture is one of sweet vanilla cookies over which a touch of cocoa powder has been dusted. I sometimes quite like that, but that gives me no reason to add "Kismet" to my collection.

I thank Ttfortwo for the test opportunity.
My fourth niche fragrance
When I spray it on, I first notice a citric scent, but after a short time it becomes a little more flowery. I can't really smell roses that strongly, but with time "Kismet" becomes vanilla-spicy, infinitely beautiful.
This hint of oriental notes remains very, very long and surrounds me for at least 6-7 hours.
An incredibly beautiful fragrance, for me rather for the evening, but wearable at any time of the year.
The durability is enormous and it was my fourth niche fragrance. I love him. I love him.
Do you believe in fate?
Good evening everyone :)
Today I'm talking a little bit about "Kismet" by Lubin (the newer version from 2016, I don't know the old one). According to Parfumo, Kismet means luck or fate, and yes, that will work, if my Turkish is not grottenschlecht :D

Hm... fate is something you can believe in or think is absolute nonsense. Some people just think that there is fate, others can't do anything with it, it's similar to the concept of happiness, whereby the concept of happiness is somehow used more often than fate, isn't it? And while I'm talking about happiness, this is one of the wonderful opportunities for me to quote from Star Wars again (and your fate is to listen to this nonsense :D). Well, a wise man named Obi-Wan (hey that even rhymes!) once said: "In my experience there is no such thing as happiness". He he, as you see, is left to each one to decide for himself what he or she believes in, as long as he or she does not impose his or her faith or understanding of certain things on others!

Be that as it may, fate or Kismet, to return to the fragrance, sounds oriental because of its name, so let's see if the fragrance also smells that way!

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with beautiful, moderately citrus (but rather warmer) oranges that have a very nice fragrance. There's also the sweetness of vanilla, which makes the scent of powdery power... uh... (yes, you know, power is omnipresent and surrounds us, and yes, now I'm really listening to Star Wars :D). The powdery one smells a little bit like make-up here, e.g. like lipstick and reminds a little of Dior Homme, only much more make-up-like and intensive (and without iris).
A little later, the fragrance appears slightly more flowery and herbaceous. To be honest, it takes me a while until I can smell roses at all, because the vanilla fragrance makes the flowery notes smell sweetish creamy or powdery beforehand and doesn't immediately remind me (or at least me) of roses, but rather of jasmine and similarly sweet flowers, e.g. violets or something.
Anyway, you can smell the roses a little later (even if only slightly), even if they should smell a little different than you are used to from roses (the light, sour scent is missing, for example, if you understand what I mean,... but maybe I just perceive the roses differently!). By the way, the perception of roses is also somewhat complicated by the fact that intensive, resinous scents appear quickly, i.e. the opoponax, which works very well especially with vanilla and both are the most intense scents in this perfume for me here.
Towards the base, the fragrance becomes slightly heavier and smells more classic. By that I don't mean that the fragrance would now smell like fragrances with heavy flowery notes (like ylang-ylang) or oakmoss, but it smells so elegant ladylike and looks more like a fragrance for adults, so in my opinion it's not a fragrance for cute twenty year olds and so on, who just learned what a perfume is or something like :D
This could be due to the earthy patchouli, which is not very strong, but still a little smelly. In any case, you will smell vanilla and opoponax (which have then displaced the flowery scents even further) the most, so the fragrance is still sweetly powdery and softly creamy and remains so.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is excellent, because one is wrapped in a larger scent cloud, which remains also somewhat long, so that the scent is to be smelled very well at one, and also over a longer period of time.
Thus the durability is also nicely long and endure, as with such smells often usual, eight, nine, ten hours and more.

The fragrance:
The curvy bottle, reminiscent of a vase, is clear and filled with yellowish scented liquid. The dark blue lid is a massive plate (on the upper side) and looks like an artistic and smooth polished stone. The neck of the bottle is gold plated and shows the brand name. A very nice bottle.

Soo... as already said in my yesterday commi, I am somehow never sure how a fragrance has to smell, if you really want to call it oriental (no matter if more e.g. Indian or more Arabic). Anyway, roses always seem to play a big role in oriental scents, as well as rather sweet notes. The sweet scents are present, though more through the vanilla, which is however a component of so many scents anyway. There are roses, too, but in my opinion one smells these only weakly here and also this rather briefly, because the vanilla mentioned is quite strong as I said. For me, an oriental scent also smells spicy, but there are no (strongly) spicy notes here.

Be that as it may, you can decide for yourself how a fragrance must smell for you to be able to describe it as oriental. The name of the fragrance with an Arabic or oriental touch has less to do with the orientation of the fragrance. But that doesn't matter, because this fragrance smells really good after all, and that's the main thing, as always! It is gentle, beautiful and has a large and long-lasting fragrance. It is an autumn and winter scent and is especially suitable for a nice evening or when going out.

The only criticism point, if it can be called a criticism point at all, is that Kismet almost smells like vanilla at the end, as it is the case with most scents, where vanilla is used quite intensively. So after the short top note you can only smell the vanilla notes. Well,... otherwise you can't do anything wrong with this scent and vanilla fans probably love this scent anyway :)

So, that's it, I hope you'll turn a blind eye to me if I don't know exactly how oriental fragrances should smell (and so I told a lot of nonsense :D). Then I hope that you will also turn a blind eye to the fact that I have talked so much again. And finally it would be nice to turn a blind eye to her that I quoted something from Star Wars at the beginning. So... you should have three eyes to close now :DD
Have a nice evening, keep smelling nice (unless you use a coriander scent,... yuck :D) and see you then :)
Miss Rottenmeier
Buttoned up, stiff, frigid and strict. Go down to the basement and laugh.
If you take a closer look, it's just an outer facade. Is she alone or unobserved,
she plucks her lace underwear and shakes her "boobs" back into the Balconette bra,
until everything's back in place. Oh, Kismet, you little bitch. You open one up unapproachably and are nevertheless such a deep water.
For me, you smell adlehydic, woody. Which for me it usually makes old-fashioned and cold and I therefore rather look for distance than closeness. Not here!
The citrus fruits in you are perceptible, but powerfully rolled in dusty powder. Dry Fresh, hardly acidic.
Fräulein Rottenmeier sprays this on her neck and wrists. Like invisible handcuffs that she wears during the day and that forbid her to become "open-hearted".
Patchouli works such little miracles in Kismet. Is mossy green and freshly earthy. You stand firmly with your legs on the ground and feel strong and self-confident. No one would disagree with Miss Rottenmeier. What is it that despite everything, be it this stiffness or coarseness of this woman, a small glow is perceptible?
Rose, definitely Rose. Dark pink and just in bloom, it exudes its noble scent. Flowery tart with a slight sweetness. A velvety hair clip that prevents her long hair from falling luxuriantly over her shoulders. She'd be so nice...
The day is long and also the Fräulein becomes "weaker". Weaker only because it is so exhausting to maintain this facade.
To recharge your batteries, increase your body heat and Opoponax and Labdanum will reveal a delicious resinous cream that is balm for the soul and the skin. A smile flits over the stern face.
She quickly reaches into her pocket, which she has sewn into her dress, and pulls out a candy. Finally let go, vanilla... you delicious vanilla. How beautifully you round everything off and me - whether the knowledge that everything is only facade - such a beautiful day have prepared.
Destiny? There is no fate for me. Everything happens the way it's supposed to.

LillibetLillibet 3 years ago
Decadant lemony roses swirl down over a rich spicy resinous vanilla base. Lush but not overdone or heavy. A lovely fantasy of a fragrance.

by IrisNobile
by IrisNobile
Kismet reflektiert die Welt
by Stanze
by Tahnee
Thank you, you're wonderful!
Grüße an Ttfortwo
by Tahnee
Ohne Licht-kein Schatten~ohne Yang-kein Yin.
by Sunshine00
by Stanze
by Manuelag
by Manuelag

Popular Lubin

Akkad by Lubin Itasca / Le Vetiver - Itasca by Lubin Idole de Lubin (Eau de Parfum) by Lubin Le Vetiver by Lubin Black Jade by Lubin epidOr (2017) by Lubin Grisette by Lubin Gin Fizz by Lubin Upper Ten for Her by Lubin Idole de Lubin (Eau de Toilette) by Lubin Korrigan by Lubin Galaor by Lubin L'Eau Neuve - Figaro by Lubin L'Eau Neuve - Inédite by Lubin Galaad by Lubin Princesses de Malabar by Lubin Condottiere by Lubin Upper Ten (2015) by Lubin Sinbad by Lubin L'Eau Neuve by Lubin