L de Lubin (1974) Eau de Toilette

L de Lubin (Eau de Toilette) by Lubin

L de Lubin (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Lubin for women and was released in 1974. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Lucien Ferrero

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Gardenia, Black pepper, Ylang-ylang, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Iris, Jasmine, Lily, May rose, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Musk, Rosewood, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 08.08.2018

In 2008 the scent was reformulated and re-released.

7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Balmain Ivoire's Cousin?
L DE LUBIN is my second "reconstruction" experience with the house of Lubin, the first having been NUIT DE LONGCHAMP, which reminded me rather of Lanvin ARPEGE. Both ARPEGE and the original NUIT DE LONGCHAMP were launched in the 1920s, so I took the similarity to be evidence that the reconstruction undertaken by Lubin was sound in that case.

Interestingly enough, without knowing anything about L DE LUBIN, I was reminded immediately upon application of Balmain IVOIRE. Like the perfume of which L is a reconstruction, IVOIRE was also launched in the 1970s. Something about the lemony aldehydes and the classic line-up of notes (soapy iris, rose, jasmine, etc.). So this was a kind of trend, I guess. I decided to do a side-by-side test of IVOIRE and L, at which point I discovered that the Balmain is a lot more lemony and strident next to L, but they definitely strike me as cousins.

My conclusion: the house of Lubin is quite good at producing these "perfume of an era" reconstructions. However, older versions of both Lanvin ARPEGE and Balmain IVOIRE are immediately available (I have not tried the 2012 re-launch of IVOIRE) from discounters for a pittance, so I cannot really think of any good reason to invest my big niche bucks in these reconstructions, despite what I take to be their successful execution. I definitely do not need a bottle of both of L DE LUBIN and Balmain IVOIRE, and I already own the latter...

by Turandot
by Catyschatzi
by Walhai
by Walhai

Popular Lubin

Akkad by Lubin Itasca / Le Vetiver - Itasca by Lubin Idole de Lubin (Eau de Parfum) by Lubin Korrigan by Lubin Black Jade by Lubin Gin Fizz by Lubin Kismet (2016) by Lubin Le Vetiver by Lubin Galaad by Lubin Idole de Lubin (Eau de Toilette) by Lubin Grisette by Lubin epidOr (2017) by Lubin L'Eau Neuve - Figaro by Lubin Upper Ten for Her by Lubin Nuit de Longchamp (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Lubin Upper Ten (2015) by Lubin L'Eau Neuve by Lubin L de Lubin (Eau de Toilette) by Lubin Princesses de Malabar by Lubin L'Eau Neuve - Inédite by Lubin