Le Vetiver (2008)

Le Vetiver by Lubin

Le Vetiver is a popular perfume by Lubin for men and was released in 2008. The scent is spicy-green. It is still in production.

Lucien Ferrero

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Guinea orange, Mandarin, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Caribbean allspice, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesBlond tobacco, Java vetiver, Myrrh, Virginia cedar, Frankincense

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 28.07.2019

2.5 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Wet autumnal forest
When I got sent a huge sample of this vetiver version a couple of months ago (still half a newbie) I got quite shocked by this juice. I found it very austere, dark, smoky. Defenitely not a scent I would dare to wear in public. However it kept attracting me so that I finally used up the sample.
Not - a few month later and more used to stronger stuff and some more masculine notes, I don't get shocked that easily any more (well after Kamali Incense nothing else will be able to shock you any more) I see this scent quite differently.
During a beautyboard-meeting at Wuchsa I was reminded of this scent. I tried it on, and everyone would say how great it smelled on me. I was still hesitating and hinally decided to take home "New York" bei Nicolai (which I have not regretted so far).
But soon I got a huge decant through Parfumo. Although I don't feel like wearing this scent all the time I still like it a lot. It is complex and seems smelling different everytime I wear it - depending on my mood, the weather etc.
This Vetiver tends to be compared to the Guerlain's. Having tested themm both many times I clearly prefer this one. I love the tabacco notes of the Guerlain (think my sample is the new version), on some days it has really great facets but sometimes it has a really annoying pungent cloying note reminding of the dentist's and sauna essence, then transforming into a pure green fresh (boring) vetiver(ylacetate).
Lubin is different. It is warmer, darker, deep, at least on my skin (on another girl it smelled far brighter and more citric). It reminds me of an autumnal forest after rain, smoky, musty, rooty, brown Vetiver. Nutmeg, a slight mandarin fruitiness and some acidity. I would attribute the mustyness and some of the acitiy to oakmoss, which I don't find in the list above. Something in this scent reminds me a bit of Mitsouko. Maybe the moss or the combination of Vetiver/moss/fruidy acidity.
Loads of tobacco. The whole thing is rather soft and smooth compared to the more pungent Guerlain. Warm, very round.
A very classy scent, very retro (could be a 70's scent). Very earthy, which makes it kind of sensual.

by Ergoproxy
by Ergoproxy
by Zauber600
by Zauber600

Popular Lubin

Akkad by Lubin Itasca / Le Vetiver - Itasca by Lubin Idole de Lubin (Eau de Parfum) by Lubin Korrigan by Lubin Black Jade by Lubin Gin Fizz by Lubin Kismet (2016) by Lubin Le Vetiver by Lubin Galaad by Lubin Idole de Lubin (Eau de Toilette) by Lubin Grisette by Lubin epidOr (2017) by Lubin L'Eau Neuve - Figaro by Lubin Upper Ten for Her by Lubin Nuit de Longchamp (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Lubin Upper Ten (2015) by Lubin L'Eau Neuve by Lubin L de Lubin (Eau de Toilette) by Lubin Princesses de Malabar by Lubin L'Eau Neuve - Inédite by Lubin