Upper Ten for Her (2016)

Upper Ten for Her by Lubin

Upper Ten for Her is a popular perfume by Lubin for women and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Isabella grape, Elemi resin, Artemisia
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose absolute, Raspberry liqueur, Sichuan pepper
Base Notes Base NotesPrecious woods, Amber, Frankincense, Dark chocolate

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.07.2020.

Drunken card games
When I read the appropriate commentary by Stanze, I had to write my first impressions from the EDP of Lubin here.
UPPER TEN FOR HER reminds me of card games: Heart, head and heart again. In translation: raspberries with bergamot - elemi, pepper - roses, bathing in raspberry liqueur - and Sichuan again. Then incense and fine woods creep in, accompanied by a sweet fragrance. Raspberry Concert. Won't there be any wasps coming towards me?
No! To extract the incense with pepper and I want to lie in the middle of the church drunk with raspberries :)
Under laboratory conditions
On a very hot day I drove to a very noisy big city, full of people. I had an appointment, I was nervous and in a hurry. I was sweating. After the appointment I hurried through the shimmering heat to a perfumery again. In front of their door (because of COVID19) I tested Upper Ten for Her. The smell was gaudy, raspberry sweet. I forgot the scent and the sample got lost in the extra-dimensional depths of my hip pocket. Once home, my wrist smelled of one of the most beautiful incense compositions I have ever smelled. At home it was much cooler and I was no longer nervous. What had happened? A second test was needed.

Yesterday I found the sample in my hip pocket. Today I tested again, outside at a pleasant 19°C. Now and then light rain. Promptly Upper Ten for Her is not sweet at all. "Not at all" is perhaps exaggerated, in the base Amber caresses a moderate vanilla sweetness into the fragrance. But before that, the fragrance is raspberry, but rather slightly tart, exactly the kind of pungent sourness I don't like. This sometimes occurs in rhubarb or raspberry scents.

Conclusion: So you don't necessarily have to swim through the sweet raspberry liqueur lake. When it is cooler, a Speescher Hubschrauhimber also flies into the divine land of incense. But the Hubschrauhimber needs a little bit longer.

How a perfume smells really depends on the shape of the day, the weather and other conditions. So it is already justified that we have more than one fragrance and that we change our preferences. But I would maintain the overall rating of 7.5 for Upper Ten for Her. The fragrance is well done, but I wouldn't buy it because I don't want to run and sweat all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if today, when it's cooler, it would hold better. The projection is at the beginning 7 (one blows outside constantly at oneself and others), but goes back more or less quickly to a moderate 6 (in the house arm length), depending on the weather conditions.

The fragrance is intended to remind us of young, modern ladies of the 1920s. I don't have anything to do with young anymore. I find the 1920s an interesting time
Upper Ten for Her is suitable for 20s parties, for staying in jazz clubs and visiting Broadway revues. As a sport I can recommend Lindy Hop (for example at Herräng Dance Camp in Sweden). Even though I think it is a pretty strange dance. Lubin himself suggest Upper Ten for Her as a fragrance for mayors of larger (fictional) cities. Industrial magnates, federal presidents and higher nobility can certainly wear Upper Ten for Her at work, when they gondola through the city in their Duesenberg or when they travel in their Hubschrauhimber.
Schisha with Kisch taste
Despite so many enthusiastic comments: for my nose "Upper Ten" for her simply smells terrible, unfortunately fashionable, Schisha with cherry taste (after this unpleasant, artificial smell, which swells out, if one passes such bars only) or after E-cigarettes laid out in the same way. Very sweet, very very artificial, (acidic or juicy), simply unbearable.
Durability and Sillage are very good.
Unfortunately, no-go scent for my nose. I like the fully frankincense "Upper ten" for him for worlds better.

Dont be fooled!
Ok so this I feel, is Lubin's first attempt at a more mainstream scent, but dont let that put you off. It starts out nice and sweetly but not overly so, i get the elimi resin and artemisia and I find this perfumeenjoyable from first spray to dry down, the drydown is my favourite part though. The dark chocolate note kicks in and stays until the scent itself goes, which is hours later, the longevity on this is quite outstanding. It's not as challenging as some Lubin scents but my goodness it leaves you wanting more and is certainly FB worthy for me.

Verschleiß - Fresh21/Foto-Challenge
by Blaustern

Popular Lubin

Akkad by Lubin Kismet (2016) by Lubin Itasca / Le Vetiver - Itasca by Lubin Idole de Lubin (Eau de Parfum) by Lubin Black Jade by Lubin Le Vetiver by Lubin Grisette by Lubin epidOr (2017) by Lubin Gin Fizz by Lubin Idole de Lubin (Eau de Toilette) by Lubin Condottiere by Lubin Korrigan by Lubin L'Eau Neuve - Figaro by Lubin Galaad by Lubin Princesses de Malabar by Lubin L'Eau Neuve - Inédite by Lubin Upper Ten (2015) by Lubin Galaor by Lubin L'Eau Neuve by Lubin Nuit de Longchamp (2008) (Eau de Parfum) by Lubin