Fairytales 2007

Fairytales by Lulu Guinness
Fairytales is a perfume by Lulu Guinness for women and was released in 2007. The scent is fruity-synthetic. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Raspberry, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesStrawberry leaf, Jasmine, Caribbean magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesCocoa, Caramel

Submitted by Feylamia, last update on 26.05.2017.

Belgwen
This perfume's name is a misnomer...
This is one of THE most deceptive perfume name I've ever come across. My olfactory tastes range from fruity floral to fruity/floral gourmand. That's why I was so excited about this perfume when I ordered. Boy is this is the last time I order any perfume without testing first! The top (supposedly) fruity notes are drowned in a heavy cream/caramel/spicy and seriously heavy handed base notes. Definitely NOT a perfume for summer and NOT for people who are looking for a fruity/floral perfume. Just a heavy dose of gourmand without ANY sophistication. Beware and don't order without testing. Just my two cents.

For grown-ups that want to smell like princesses
The thought of a fragrance smelling of raspberries and strawberry leaf had me a little concerned at first. I was rather expecting Fairytales to smell like some juvenile Escada release with a sharp burst of sugary fruits. I am pleased to say that this fragrance, although a gourmand, is really delicious and quite unique.

Fairytales reminds me of choc-raspberry bullets. It has a very smooth and sugary gourmand quality, that makes you lick your lips in anticipation. The opening is a lovely and fresh burst of raspberry, grapefruit and strawberry leaf which is both sweet and delicate on the skin. This blend is thankfully not too fruity nor rich.

The heart introduces the chocolate (cacao) accord, along with buttery caramel and powdery florals. Although very feminine on the skin, Fairytales is not just a fragrance for young girls. Older women could easily enjoy wearing this perfume too.

The sugary sweetness dissipates towards the drydown, and what's left is a warm, milky hot chocolate and powdered vanilla. I am pleased to say that the longevity is quite impressive, lasting a good five hours.

As much as I hate to admit it, I thought that Lulu Guinness was a cheap brand that produced mediocre fragrances. I am glad that Fairytales has proved me wrong. I've only worn this fragrance for one day, yet during that time I've concluded that this is one of the nicest gourmands you can find. I highly recommend.

by MissGuerlain