LustLady Flower (2010)Perfume

Lust / Lady Flower (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go

Lust is a perfume by Lush / Cosmetics To Go for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Jasmine absolute, Rose absolute, Sandalwood, Vanilla absolute, Ylang-ylang

Submitted by LiliaSophia, last update on 31.05.2020.

In the Middle East, this fragrance is being sold under the name "Lady Flower".

Polyanthes
Gasoline supercharged. Punked-up jasmine with attitude. ...
Lusty Lust, these flowers are out of control and shooting from the hip.

This does really smell like jasmine, but MORE. A riotous cacophony of jasmine, wide open jasmine that's been dancing and sweating under fantastical solar rays all afternoon and into the evening, gorgeousness dripping off it. It is 'muchy', the kind of jasmine you might encounter as the centre piece at the Mad Hatters' tea party if you followed Alice down the rabbit hole. Ripe, spicy ylang is there too and a little bit of soft rose in the background, trying (and failing) to keep the situation under control. Everything is so warm and open, bright and intense. Some camphorous indole, a little bit of petrol fumes, but 'oh so pretty' too.

I've never got through a bottle of perfume so quickly as I did with Lust, I was addicted to it for a couple of months. It was a brief but fantastic love affair.
My daughter has adopted it as her signature now, so I don't wear it anymore, but I still get to smell its outrageous wonders regularly.

Lust is loud and proud, it has an anarchic sense of humour and keeps you smiling with a wry little grimace all day long.
Songs in the mood of Lust might be Foster The People Pumped Up Kicks DUBSTEP remix. And if you go a bit mad with the spritzing It's going to turn into I Wanna Be Sedated by the Ramones.

Crazy, beautiful, unapologetic.

Packs a serious punch
This is for the perfume not the stick:

For me this is a nice warm Jasmine opening with the ylang-ylang. The opening isn't my favorite part, though I like it, but about 3 hours in, it's heaven as I get a nice rose/ylang-ylang duet that really just sings beautifully on my skin. the Jasmine had faded. It has the basic Lush base that's heavy with Sandalwood. Reminds me of visiting a head shop in my teens. You can't beat the price. The longevity is great and the sillage is nuclear, so use a light hand.

Nov
2013

A Sea of Jasmine...
This perfume packs one hell of a punch! It is strong strong strong! The way it hits you with a sweet jasmine & ylang-ylang combination is crazy! But it's not like being punched with a fist, no, more like being hit with a soft pillow (but really hard)! But I like it. If you are a (real) jasmine lover, then you will find this amazing!

Lush - Lust opens with a huge blast of jasmine, rose and ylang-ylang, accompanied by sandalwood. The overall "vibe" is not too different from Guerlain - Samsara. It's also very strong for the first 30 minutes to about an hour. After that it calms down and you get a very mellow and soft, beautiful tropical aroma of sensual jasmine & ylang-ylang, soft rose, and creamy sandalwood. Absolutely beautiful! Here the perfumer Mark Constantine said that he adds jasmine to many of the perfumes made by this company, as a kind of "signature" note, but that here he made it the main note of the perfume, and used it in quantities which are more than any other jasmine perfume out there... and because jasmine is a white flower, and has a very sensual smell, he called it "Lust".

Well, I've tried this one out in hot weather and cold weather and I think it works in both. It is quite strong (maybe too strong for many), but because I am a true lover of jasmine I don't really care what other people think, because I feel good (and that's all that matters)! However for most other people I would suggest wearing this perfume in cold weather (winter). Because it is quite strong, but it will make you forget the cold and think of something "tropical"... it will take you to an exotic place and make you forget the cold! If you love jasmine, you must try this one. To me it's strong, but it's totally worth the price (very cheap), and I love it very much.

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!
Woohoo ... yes indeed! I am fortunate enough to own a bottle of Lust by Lush due to the generosity of a fellow fragrance fanatic here at Parfumo. I have been incredibly spoiled (thanks L!!) and in the process have come across the ripest, richest Jasmine fume to end all of them!!

Heed the warnings below ... if you don't like Jasmine then steer well clear of Lust. This white floral powerhouse takes absolutely no prisoners and will bellow her presence from the rooftops, even when treated with respect. Now, I LOVE loud, obnoxious white florals. The bigger the better as far as I am concerned and I shall without doubt "wear the hell out of" this fragrance.
A quick perusal of the little label attached to the bottle confirms the usual aroma chemical suspects like Citral, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate and Citronellol ... with a little * next to them indicating that they occur naturally in essential oils. Notable, however, is the inclusion in this fragrance of listed ingredients like Jasminium Grandiflorum extract, Cananga Odorata flower oil (Ylang) and Vanilla Planifolia fruit extract ... and by the way Lust smells, I would place my head on a block that these are real, honest to goodness absolutes.
I don't think they worry too much about pyramids and progressions at Lush. Rather, it feels as if everything is joyously tossed into a beaker until it smells fabulous ... then diluted, bottled and sold. Lust is everything a Jasmine fan could want, indoles and all! Curiously, I get a hefty caramelized Vanilla effect too ... reminiscent of Madonna's Truth or Dare, just a whole lot stronger. Once the indoles have worn off, Lust is a beautifully smooth wear for the 6 odd hours it lives on my skin. This is Jasmine flavored caramel with a vague buttery woodiness from start to finish ... it doesn't develop ... rather, it just gradually and gracefully fades away.
One must remember that this fragrance is from a hippie-like house known for their wacky and wonderful bath bombs and the like, so yes, there is a bath product quality to it. IMHO this is what makes it such a fun wear. Lust is definitely one that will get you noticed ... I'd love to wear it in a roomful of fragrance-o-phobes!!

Of the Lush offerings I have tried, Lust is far and away the best and has skyrocketed to the top of my favorite Jasmine's list. I foresee a long and eventful relationship!!

For the intrepid
I don't like jasmine-soliflores, nevertheless I tried this "Gorilla Perfume" - probably a wrong decision. What did I get? Strong, strong, sickly sweet jasmine (yes, we all know that it is the indole...) - and nothing else. Sorry, I can't bear this. It is the sheer opposite of what I'd call a "fine fragrance". For the intrepid.

Walk, Don't Run
Oh Dear! This label should come with a yield sign. I know I advertise that I love "the hard stuff" but this is ruthless! Whew, the power of this fragrance almost blinded me. I think I will have to re-test with a pin drop amount or add this to my bath water to appreciate it. This is loud, almost sickening sweet over the top jasmine.
The scent itself is very pretty and I would love it toned down a little.

This fragrance requires one to take it slow before rushing into it. I suggest you walk, Don't Run, when applying.

No Holds Barred Jasmine
I ordered several samples from Lush quite some time ago, but when they arrived I found that one (or more?) of the vials had leaked, leaving dark red stains all over the inside of the cellophane bag in which the vials were wrapped and also all over the inside of the small box in which they were put to prevent damage. Clearly they need to work on their packaging strategy, but I also wonder about the color of a couple of these perfumes. It does not inspire confidence in the claim of all-natural creations that they should be empirically indistinguishable from Red Dye no 5. I am serious: the color of LUST and also of TUCA TUCA is identical to that of a bottle of red food coloring.

Now, having finally mustered up the courage to give these perfumes a good sniff, I am happy to report, first, that they did not degrade over the year when they sat untouched in the box in which they arrived, so that's the first clue that the perfumes are made of decent ingredients. The second and more important clue is that these perfumes really do smell pretty good, against all of my negative expectations instilled not only by the shoddy packaging and the gaudy colors but also my sole visit to a Lush store, which lasted all of two minutes before I ran out in horror.

Let's just say that in-store testing of this brand is likely to be an exercise in futility. Overly perfumed soaps abound, along with God knows what else, and they all come in wild colors and patterns and it's all quite overwhelming in the end. For me it was serious sensory overload. The final deterrent to taking this brand seriously was the ridiculous newspaper catalogue they send out to me periodically, in which all sorts of apparently hippie-era products are being advertised in some pretty over-the-top prose by the Lush zealots, all of whom appear to be "linked in" to drug culture.

Never judge a book by its cover or a perfume by its bottle or a company by its insane concept and marketing. Lush LUST offers a big-time blast of gorgeous and glorious jasmine. This is no joke: you must LOVE jasmine in order to be able to wear LUST. My dab-on sample vial produces a voluminous cloud of jasmine which appears to extend about a meter outward in all directions. A few other flowers have been thrown into the mix, but this is mostly about Jasmine with a capital 'J'. The jasmine is strong but not overly indolic, to my nose. This is nothing like Creed JASMAL, which is more indoles than flowers, and hence unwearable by me.

I would describe the feminine perfumes of this line as gooey. There is something messy and primitive about them but at the same time very appealing because they smell so natural. I believe Lush when they say that they mix these elixirs up in a kitchen-like laboratory. Their perfumes really do have a hand-made quality to them. I'm sure that some people who wear a lot of refined, genteel niche perfumes would be put off by the intensity of these creations, but I think that they might very well appeal to those who like the perfumes of Serge Lutens. Intense is the key word, and if you adore jasmine, this is a must try and probably even a safe blind buy, given the modest price.

FabirssFabirss 23 months ago
If you miss the discontinued Nasomatto Nuda and wished its jasmine was less fecal, then Lust is totally for you (and me!).
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Jasmine, sweet, dense and with an overlaying sharp-tart (nearly benzin-like) spiciness. Strange.

by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Lush / Cosmetics To Go

The Smell of Weather Turning (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Lord of Misrule (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Breath of God (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Exhale by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Smuggler's Soul / The Sandalwood Trail (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Twilight (Body Spray) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go What Would Love Do? (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go All Good Things (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Karma (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Rose Jam (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go American Cream (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Rentless (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Yog Nog (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Dirty (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Twilight (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Sikkim Girls (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Devil's Nightcap / Agglestone by Lush / Cosmetics To Go I'm Home (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go The Smell of Freedom (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Big (Body Spray) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go