Superworldunknown 2003

Superworldunknown by Lush / Cosmetics To Go
Superworldunknown is a perfume by Lush / Cosmetics To Go for women and men and was released in 2003. The scent is citrusy-sweet. It is still available to purchase.

CocoaCocoa
LimeLime
NeroliNeroli
RoseRose
SandalwoodSandalwood
StyraxStyrax
CinnamonCinnamon
LemonLemon

Submitted by Ironheart, last update on 06.10.2020.

The fragrance was initially part of the brand B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful, a company that is regarded as "sister company" to Lush. In 2010, the fragrance was incorporated into the Lush range.

MasterLi
Citrus oils, herbs and vanilla...
What an interesting perfume! I really love these kinds of creations by Lush. I can tell that the ingredients here are of a high quality. The neroli oil here is bright and very zesty! As is the petitgrain and juniper, this gives a very sharp top and middle that shines like bright sunlight on a summer's day at the beach. Then there is a background of sandalwood and vanilla to give depth and round it off with character.

In a nutshell, the whole perfume screams "Fun"! I am not disappointed by this one and I enjoy wearing it. It's almost like a 1960's feature in technicolor. I see what Simon Constantine was going for when he mentioned the smell of "Lemon Sherbets", a boiled lemon and sugar sweet which is very zesty and bright. The development into the vanilla drydown phase is welcome and adds a further gourmand, sweeter aspect in the vein of Guerlain - Shalimar. In fact, there is more than a passing resemblance to that perfume here, except here the citrus has been turned up to full volume, and the vanilla is a background player.

Overall, I highly recommend this fragrance as a bright, positive and uplifting (yet artificial) experience. I say this because this is not a perfume that is imitating nature, but rather man-made wonders, like electricity, pop music and technology. Things which give us joy but which we created, for ourselves. Still, it gives me a kick wearing this quirky perfume. Great stuff!

One of the tamer Lush concoctions...
Lush SUPERWORLDUNKNOWN has the same strong citrus oil facet as most of the other perfumes of this line. Fortunately, it is tempered and tamed here by the presence of sweet notes, including cocoa, but also tonka or vanilla, it seems to me. These sweet elements help to smooth out the rough edges of the citrus oil, which I personally find pretty difficult to wear as a straight-up perfume. I have a large sample set of the Lush perfumes which I've been slowly meandering through, trying to be as fair to them as possible in reviews, but I have to confess that I only test them when I have a bath on the horizon. They're just too intense!

Never one to complain about excellent longevity and mega-sillage, the problem I find with the Lush citrus oils and base is that they seep into one's pores and all the way into the marrow of one's bones. Well, that's how they feel anyway. In my experience, the only other house with perfumes as penetrating as these may be Serge Lutens. My sense, however, is that the Lutens perfumes have been much more thoughtfully composed. It may be that I am prejudiced against this whole flurry of 2010-2011 Lush multi-launches, but I do find them pretty difficult to take seriously as perfumes. To be perfectly frank (quoi d'autre?) I am not even impressed with the alleged masterpiece of this house, BREATH OF GOD, and I felt vindicated somewhat to learn that it was the perfumer's very first perfume! Well, that's another story...

Back to SUPERWORLDUNKNOWN. Here we have the Lush base plus the Lush citrus accords with their usual frontal assault on olfactory receptors, but then the cocoa-tonka (or whatever) sweeps in like a deus ex machina to save the whole composition from disaster by muting the nosehair-singing effect of the citrus oils. Those listed among the ingredients of this particular perfume are lemon, lime, and neroli oil. Rose absolute is listed way down in the list somewhere, and thankfully this composition does not appear to contain the killer lemongrass oil favored by this perfumer.

The overall effect gestures toward gourmand territory and might call to mind vague memories of the house of Lolita Lempicka, but the Lush base abides like a fingerprint, marking this perfume as a Simon Constantine creation. Nonetheless, all things considered, this smells pretty good--for the "house" of Lush.

Coutureguru
Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
Super-strange is a good way to describe Superworldunknown ... Flowers, floorwax and disinfectant ... I think that this one would be great on the right person, which I am not.
If Wonder Woman or Supergirl came flying down out of the clouds to save one on a collapsing bridge, this is what she would smell like :o).
As soon as all was safe I'd zip her off to the nearest perfume counter and introduce her to Shalimar ... in the tiniest way, that is what this reminds me of.

by Splitter
by Splitter

Popular Lush / Cosmetics To Go

Lord of Misrule (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Twilight (Body Spray) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go The Smell of Weather Turning (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go American Cream (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Turmeric Latte (Body Spray) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Breath of God (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go What Would Love Do? (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Smuggler's Soul / The Sandalwood Trail (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go All Good Things (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Rose Jam (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Karma (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Rentless (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Twilight (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Dirty (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Sikkim Girls (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Pansy (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Exhale by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Tank Battle by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Devil's Nightcap / Agglestone by Lush / Cosmetics To Go The Smell of Freedom (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go