The Smell of Weather Turning 2010 Perfume

The Smell of Weather Turning (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go
7.9 / 10 108 Ratings
The Smell of Weather Turning (Perfume) is a popular perfume by Lush / Cosmetics To Go for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-green. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Oak woodOak wood HayHay BeeswaxBeeswax NettleNettle English peppermintEnglish peppermint MintMint Roman chamomileRoman chamomile

Submitted by LiliaSophia, last update on 23.01.2023.

8 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 40
Bullerbü in spring
When spring comes, it's especially nice here in Bullerbü. Kerstin, this is Ole's little sister, likes to pick mint and camomile blossoms, because they are "danz wild", and she stresses that because mum forbids her to pick the flowers in the garden, because they are not wild after all. When it dawns in the evening, Papa lights a pile of leaves that we had raked together. "We want to make a little spring fire," he says. "Hooray!" and "How beautiful!" we all shout and dance and jump around the glowing fire. Later we lie on straw and hay around the fire, Kerstin sits next to me on an oak board and grinds mint and camomile blossoms between her hands and then holds her little fingers under my nose This is how the beginning of spring smells in Bullerbü: The smell of leaf fire, the smell of dry hay and wood, fresh mint and bitter chamomile, which is probably so bitter because Kerstin had plucked stinging nettle leaves while picking. No wonder she cried like that at noon A short time later, Lasse, Bosse and Ole pack a soft piece of beeswax from a backpack they had with them in the forest at noon. Bosse tells that they wanted to find out who was the bravest of the three and so they had climbed up a tree one by one to steal honey from a bee nest. A part of the nest had fallen down and they are now digging out this honeycomb. Of course Kerstin also wants a piece of it and she gets it. She dalgt the mint and camomile blossoms into the wax and gives me the lump.
For hours now I lie next to the slowly burning fire and smell the lump with Kerstin. At some point I don't notice the smoke and the hay anymore, but I wonder how long you can still smell the mint and the bitter camomile together with the wax. I think I could have that smell around me into autumn. Maybe even in winter to remind me how spring smells. This fragrance is not too strong either, but strong enough to be clearly noticed for a few nice hours.
Another hours later I only smell this wonderfully sweetly warm honeycomb lying on the oak board next to Kerstin and dream myself back into the day as we built a camp in the forest, fed the animals, played hide and seek with Ole's dog Swipp and finally danced around the fire like Indians, as Daddy shouted: "You've gone completely wild!" and Kerstin said "Yes danz completely wild! I think that's how all kids are in spring. Anyway, we kids from Bullerbü.
Top Review 18
Sex and the Nature
"The rain fell down. Hard - then soft.
It hit the grass. Green - and damp.
Wet, so wet.
It brought your image back to me.
You always smelled like the rain."

These beautiful words are uttered by Smith Jerrod, standing completely naked on a theater stage, in an episode of the show "Sex and the City." And they've been stuck in my head ever since I first smelled this perfume. I imagine it surrounding that scene like an aura, punctuating every single, spoken word.

The smell of weather turning starts with a blast of green, sweetly aromatic herbs (which I can't even sort out at first because the mint hits me like a club against the head) and earthy + smoky notes. I think I detect basil and lavender in addition to the strong, sharp mint and chamomile. I personally would have liked the combo even better had the mint been toned down a bit.
It smells of wet earth, of herbs and grasses, which release their natural oils after great heat in the rain shower. Somewhere in the background, a campfire goes out because of the rain, the fumes still wafting through the fresh air.
Then, all of a sudden, the green and smoky notes fade into the background and the wax comes to light. Like a ray of sunshine that struggles to find a way through the clouds after the rain and pushes them further and further apart, the wax note gains strength. An incredible balancing act, the smell of weather turning there between sharp-green-smoky top note and soft, waxy-lovely heart and base notes!

The naked man and the equally naked lady, who reminds him of the smell of rain, can no longer hold on - it smells like warm skin under the sun on a still damp meadow. Until the end.

Finally, I find it worth mentioning that Lush has only used three synthetic fragrances in this fragrance out of 21 included and they openly state what is included in their fragrances

Top Review 9
Misleading Name for a Cool Fragrance
The Lush fragrance line deserves a lot of credit. It is cruelty free, earth friendly, well-crafted and incredibly cheap. If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and check out the line.

Based on the name, I expected TSOWT to be a straightforward ozonic in the mold of Acqua di Gio and its progeny. Instead, this fragrance is a somewhat gothic powerhouse of swirling smoke softened by tender notes of beeswax and chamomile.

The top note of mint conjures up nothing so much as a grove of eucalyptus trees. As the scent evolves, the wind gusts through the grove, bringing with it a vaguely disturbing burnt smell from forest fires nearby. The danger lingers until the rains come, washing away the cinders and bringing forth a delicate waft of grasses and flowers. Not the sort of scent you'd want to wear to the prom, but a great frag to wear for yourself and enjoy as a fab example of perfume as art.

Top Review 8
Off the beaten track
This is a strange and slightly disturbing fragrance ... for some reason it reminds me of the Dentist's waiting room when I was a kid, absolutely terrified of what might happen behind that closed door.

Having said that ... I also find it totally intriguing ... go figure?
The mint here is very prevalent on my skin with an almost 'spearmint chewing gum' feel ... it's made rather languid and "mint julep-like' by the honey.
Personally I would've liked a fresher wood like Cedar in this. I can definitely smell the oak here but it feels a little aged ... 'ripe' is a better word I suppose. I wouldn't shy away from wearing this every now and then as it's different and quite eccentric ... but I don't think I'd ever empty a full bottle.

As with the other LUSH frags I have tried, the sillage and longevity are above average.

Top Review 7
Proceed with caution
TSOWT is a refreshing fragrance that brings the forest from the outside in. There is a hint of fresh mint skimming the surface of deep, sophisticated woods. Every fragrance lover who is attracted to green fragrances will not appreciate the stand alone uniqueness this fragrance offers. Lush has apparently decided to alienate this fragrance from the typical greens by inducing a shock value at first spritz. It could be considered a scrubber at first blast but the woods lull you in creating a peace and serenity like no other. This fragrance could easily wear you if you don't have the courage to pull it off. If you can take the heat of hard core woods, then be my guest, just proceed with caution. Love List for me!
More reviews

1 short view on the fragrance
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Herbaceous, fresh and medicinal opening with a smoky mint, nettle and camomile tea. A hint of beeswax, spicy, with a woody and earthy base.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

8 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Lush / Cosmetics To Go

Twilight (Body Spray) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Turmeric Latte (Body Spray) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Lord of Misrule (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Turmeric Latte (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Twilight (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go American Cream (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Rose Jam (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Dirty (Body Spray) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Breath of God (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go All Good Things (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Shade (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go What Would Love Do? (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Smuggler's Soul / The Sandalwood Trail (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Karma (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Rentless (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Dirty (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Devil's Nightcap / Agglestone by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Pansy (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Tank Battle by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Cardamom Coffee (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go