Tuca Tuca (2010)Perfume

Tuca Tuca (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go

Tuca Tuca (Perfume) is a perfume by Lush / Cosmetics To Go for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesVanilla, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesViolet leaf, Vetiver

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 19.04.2019.

2.5

Cruel violets
Violets on the rampage. They've gone mad and changed colour and behaviour. From purple to grey. They smell of mud and ash-trays.
Gosh, this is loud and hurts my sense of smell! If I was a gorrilla, I'd call this cruelty to animals. The "Gorilla perfumes" and I can't be friends.
I don't like experiments which involve animals.
2.5

Dirty Violets
As strange as this sounds, initially reminds of a sticky hard candy that you have mistakenly spit into the trash. Oh no! Get that baby back quick, wipe off the dirt and pop it back in your mouth.

Sickly fruity sweetness with a background of musky greenness. I can only find 2 layers - fruity violets at the top and a sandy earthy muskiness at the bottom.

Near the end, Tuca Tuca reminds me of violet candies or Thrills chewing gum (that is available in Canada - rosewater flavor chewing gum!).

As with all of the Lush scents, it's kind of fantastic and awful simultaneously in my mind.

Pot Liquour Violet
Lush TUCA TUCA is another rather gooey and gunky creation from this house, in this case with more of a dark purplish, almost black character. There is a somewhat rubbery and burnt scent to the opening, which smells to my nose similar to the pot liquor at the end of an organic chemistry experiment. It does lighten up a bit as it dries down, but it always remains quite dense. I would compare this to the result one might obtain by boiling away most of the solvent from Lolita Lempicka or maybe Guerlain INSOLENCE. TUCA TUCA is not nearly so sweet as those perfumes however. I would say that this is more of a masculine violet scent.

The hue of the liquid is empirically indistinguishable from that of red food coloring, but it appears to be imparted by acacia, which is listed among the ingredients, along with several other inviting-sounding essences. I don't know about this one. It's an interesting concept, but I feel that it needs to be infused with something to make it diffuse into layers. As it sits on my skin, TUCA TUCA seems pretty impenetrable and monolithic.

I think that Miss K (see below) is on to something with the comparison to cigarettes, but I'm not finding TUCA TUCA all that appealing as a stand-alone fragrance. It's not repulsive, but it's not compelling either. It seems to me like the rough draft of a perfume.

Violets and cigarettes
I thought that my local Lush store only carried soaps and nothing more, however the other day, while browsing, I stumbled across a tiny display of their perfumes and solids. Tuca Tuca caught my eye at once.

I adore this fragrance, yet it's a little difficult to explain why I love it so. There's of course a bucket-load of violets in this fragrance. However, I find these violets less feminine and flowery, and more green, earthy and somewhat dirty. It is a feminine fragrance, but it smells like the essence of a man. I find it quite animalistic.

The first few hours was a very raw blend of green violets, ylang ylang and dusty vanilla, however I was surprised by the development, especially towards the drydown, when it took on a stale cigarette smoke quality.

This was the scent of my heavy smoker boyfriend's shirt. It was the mixture of sweet, soapy laundry detergent mixed with the aroma of a pack a day. I adore it because it smells like him, but I can understand the old man and floor cleaner references made by other reviewers.

For me personally, Tuca Tuca is sexy, in a dirty and musky sense of the word. The longevity is wonderful as is the sillage, which leaves just the slightest trail. I love it and I cannot deny that I probably love it more because it has managed to capture the scent of my lover in a bottle.

by AmyAmy
by AmyAmy

Popular Lush / Cosmetics To Go

The Smell of Weather Turning (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Lord of Misrule (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Breath of God (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Exhale by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Smuggler's Soul / The Sandalwood Trail (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Twilight (Body Spray) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go What Would Love Do? (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go All Good Things (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Karma (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Rose Jam (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go American Cream (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Rentless (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Yog Nog (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Dirty (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Twilight (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Sikkim Girls (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Devil's Nightcap / Agglestone by Lush / Cosmetics To Go I'm Home (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go The Smell of Freedom (Perfume) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go Big (Body Spray) by Lush / Cosmetics To Go