Truth or Dare Naked (2012)

Truth or Dare Naked by Madonna
Bottle Design Fabien Baron

Truth or Dare Naked is a perfume by Madonna for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-floral. It was last marketed by Coty.

Stephen Nilsen

Top Notes Top NotesHoneysuckle, Neroli, Peach blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesCocoa blossom, Lily-of-the-valley, Vanilla orchid
Base Notes Base NotesOud, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 25.03.2019.

6.0 6.0 6.0 6.5/10

Nice Casual Fragrance
Top Notes: Honeysuckle, Neroli, Peach Blossom.

Heart Notes: Vanilla Orchid, Cacao, Lily of the Valley.

Base Notes: Cedar, Benzoin, Sandalwood, Agarwood (Oud).

Truth or Dare Naked is designated as a "floral woody musk" on another website. I find it floral, quite fruity, and somewhat musky even though musk is not listed as one of its notes. However, I do not find it at all woody. I detect absolutely no cedar note, no oud note (although I am not familiar with oud), and no sandalwood note. Overall, I would describe ToD Naked as a fairly generic and quite sweet fruity-floral. I do like it. Initially, I did not like it as much as Truth or Dare, but after wearing it a few times, I came to like it more than Truth or Dare.

ToD Naked opens on my skin with soft but exceedingly sweet honeysuckle and peach blossom notes. I do not detect any neroli in the opening. The sweetness no doubt comes from the honeysuckle, peach blossom, and vanilla orchid notes. I really cannot pick out any of the other top, heart, or base notes in this fragrance except these three.

ToD Naked is a very linear scent on my skin. Is it possible that the heart and base notes are so well blended in ToD Naked that I am unable to tease them out of the overall fragrance? Possibly so, but I am skeptical this is the reason. On my skin, the honeysuckle, peach blossom, and vanilla orchid persist from the opening through the heart and into the deep dry down.

I purchased both Truth or Dare and ToD Naked blindly based both on reviews and on its very accessible price point. Both fragrances are relatively inexpensive and thus not especially risky to try. This is a nice fragrance to have in one's collection for variety and for casual wear. Although I really do like it, I probably will not replace it once it is used up. The same is true of Truth or Dare. Neither one is very special, but I do not regret purchasing them. Both are suitable for almost any venue, and both can be worn year round.

Fragrance: 6.5/10

Projection: 5/10

Sillage: 5/10

Longevity: 5/10
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Surprise
This was for me like for many as I red on the net, a very cheap blind buy, due to the generally good reviews. Well I am glad I have it , on me good longevity good sillage and I like this scent, i have never tried the first TOD but this TOD Naked i like and i am so surprised that one has for such a low price a good fragrance, unlike others i even like the bottle. I don't like Madonna but this fragrance is better for me than some high end fragrances.

Meanwhile I also bought the TOD but I still have to try that.
5.0 7.5 7.5 4.0/10

DorothyGrace
My brain can't sort this one out.
Truth or Dare Naked
I found an old review I had written back in 2014 and having read it through decided that I would have a bit of an old re-test of Truth or Dare Naked; as I smelt it then is as I smell it now so here is my upated review.

I think Naked must be almost or wholly synthetic because my poor old brain doesn't know what to make of it and what I am smelling does not match up at all well with the notes attributed to it in the pyramid as given.

I don't get floral, I get fruity. At times it is wafting cocoa, vanilla, and patchouli and other times fruity, orangey, musk. Around the half hour mark the overall impression is of a sugary lemon pulp (like lemon pancakes); on a bed of cocoa, vanilla, and patchouli (like Angel); wrapped up in crushed almond, apple, and fruity amber (like Hot Couture); with at first an occasional hint of minty resin but which grows ever stronger eventually taking over the whole scene spoiling it completely for me.

This perfume gives a cool freshness in my nose so quite a mentholated feel, icy.

The cotton wool I sprayed with this perfume some two weeks ago still smells very strongly of this perfume so it is quite tenacious on fabric. At first it had a lot of the minty resinous accord but that has calmed down and it is quite a peachy, benzoin, minty amber.
Blind buy Eau de Parfum January 2013
Re-tested January 2016
7.5 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

An Ample Balsamic Presence
I love wearing Truth Or Dare Naked by Madonna. I don’t compare it to Truth Or Dare, her first release, so I’m not disappointed in any way. It’s composition is entirely different.

It’s rich in its’ feeling, thick and balmy. It has an ample balsamic presence that borders on sweet, earthy and quite seductive. The benzoin is syrupy but not sticky or resinous. There’s a nuttiness that mixes in against a backdrop of faint woods courtesy of the oud to give Naked a strong spicy Mediterranean feel. Honeysuckle offers a delightful warm, fruity-filled, honey compote in the initial offering that’s wrapped in delightful spices. The oud is balanced with the combination of other notes and is blended well and doesn’t stand out alone.

I’ve worn this mostly in the colder and cooler weather because it is strong and could be rather cloying in the summer heat. Naked lasts for hours for me and I’ve received many compliments while wearing it. This is a rare bottle in my stash of perfumes that is already 1/2 empty because I enjoy wearing it often.
6.0/10

TOO MUCH PEACH!!
Being a huge fan of Truth or Dare (which appeals immensely to the Tuberose slut in me) I recently received Naked from a wonderfully kind friend I made here on Parfumo. I'd read somewhere that this frag was becoming hard to find so I availed myself of the opportunity of a gift set including body lotion.

*Sigh* … Naked is so not what I was expecting and once again affirms that I should steer clear of flankers.

The problem for me here, is that I should have realized that nothing could compare to the gorgeousness of ToD … but I was sucked in by the Oud note in the pyramid thinking "well, if Madge did Tuberose like a dream then how amazingly would she treat Oud?". Pitifully, as it turns out.

Naked manifests as a typical fruity celebrity release to my nose, with the dubious distinction of being strangely unisex. I detest an overabundance of fruit in fragrances … fruit belongs in bowls imho. The only concession I make are hesperides, which are wonderful on the tree, in the bowl or macerated into an essential oil.
Now, the big culprit here is Peach, which I'm quite happy to enjoy au naturel, but not on my skin. As much as the rest of the notes here try to put on a brave face, the fruity note rides roughshod over everything else, emasculating (for want of a better word) the woody base entirely. The florals are meek and wilting under its onslaught and the little bit of Cocoa blossom has a burned coffee effect.

I cannot wear Naked … I find it supremely irritating in a 'gourmand gone wrong' sort of way. I will, however, keep it in my collection for reference purposes.

Tres tres desolée ...

Madonna Truth or Dare Naked
Admittedly, I am not a fan of Madonna's first foray into the world of perfumery (Truth or Dare.) Her second attempt (Truth or Dare Naked) has a totally different vibe than her first perfume and I am really happy about that! Her first perfume was mature, too mature in my opinion, but this one is younger, more unique and easier to wear. It's very warm, smooth, woody, sun kissed with a touch of sweetness and blended perfectly. Easily unisex. I don't get much of the floral notes coming out on my skin and that's fine with me. The lasting power is also quite decent. I was surprised that I liked this so much. I wasn't expecting to. It does not smell anything like a typical celebrity perfume. I read somewhere recently that Madonna was asked when she was going to release another perfume. Apparently she seemed irritated at the thought of it making one assume she was not happy with her entry into the perfume market. It doesn't look like we'll be getting another perfume from her any time soon, if ever. It's a shame really. Truth or Dare Naked is one of the very best celebrity fragrances to be found these days. Unfortunately, it seems as though it's getting harder to find. This one's worth hunting for so if you can find it, take my advice and buy it! Worth every penny!
2.5 2.0 5.0 7.0/10

Upside down, inside out
After Madonna burst onto the fragrance market this year and surprised us with a wonderful, classic white floral, it's time to release a flanker of the original right in time for the christmas season. The reason why this came so soon could be that the original "Truth or Dare" wasn't appealing to the masses well enough. It left people with conflicting opinions and therefore probably didn't bring in as much as the manufacturer wished it did. That's why the successor "Truth or Dare Naked" turns back to the masses with sweet gourmand notes and the trend note oud in the base, hoping it will sell well. The result satisfies me once again, although clearly different to its predecessor and in my opinion not as spectacular as the nice tuberose in the horrible white coffin of a flacon.
"Naked" is more tame, stripped down, sensual and cuddly. In principle the whole thing has been turned upside down bringing the inside to the outside. A nice sweet smell of peach blossoms paired with the honey resembling honeysuckle hits my nose. The first spray seemed a bit clinical, almost like cough syrup, but now I can sense an appealing floral gourmand scent through and through. To me it smells softly spicy as well because of the cocoa blossom that actually remindes me of the slightly bitter cocoa powder itself. The base is balsamic and gentle - soft and smooth. I associate it with the sandalwood in the first place because I don't know how oud smells exactly. Since I'm no follower of the trend I can only assume from the descriptions that a portion of oud is in "Naked" as well. The impressions can differ and it has a bit of everything from balsamic-sweet over spicy-tart to slightly bitter. On the whole "Naked" is more reserved, laid back, close to the body and not as long lasting as "ToD". The sillage is mildened and the bottle and its packaging are modified according to the 'Upside down, inside out' principle as well. The flacon itself is now 'naked' (transparent) and pleases me more than the hideous white thing. The dark orange fluid inside looks like delicious honey.
As much as I dislike Madonna, strangely enough I like her scents. "ToD" is exactly my style. I love tuberose and white florals. And now "Naked" with its not too sticky honey-cocoa-peach combo reaches the gourmand lover in me.

AJG 10 months ago
One spray (okay two)
All day
Top 5
♥♥♥
9.0
9.0
DorothyGrace 4 years ago
There is something in this that smells intensely artificial minty (or something like it) so that is all I can smell.+3
5.0