Nonchalance (1960)Eau de Toilette

Nonchalance (Eau de Toilette) by Mäurer & Wirtz

Nonchalance (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Mäurer & Wirtz for women and was released in 1960. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Coriander, Rose, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Violet, Iris, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Sandalwood, Ambergris, Labdanum

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.07.2020.

Prejudices? Yes, but:
i didn't think he'd be so okay
Never ever I would have tested it voluntarily somewhere, but if such a small specimen (age unknown) finds its way to me, then so be it... I had expected that I would find the scent terrible, but now I am positively surprised (even if it does not correspond to my preferences).

Unfortunately, I did not notice the citrus notes, instead, at first it simply smelled soapy and clean.
To me, such scents quickly seem a bit old-fashioned, because my grandmother put masses of soap in the cupboards, which I found horrible and which at first seemed to confirm my expectations of the fragrance...
But pretty soon it also became discreetly flowery, I tapped on violets, but I couldn't really see any scent clearly. Then powdery was added.
I found the course of the disease to be gentle and mild. Here "fine" was written, that is somehow quite good.
The shelf life seems to be average.
The flacon including the packaging I find unfortunately creepy.

Yeah. Well? I am glad that Nonchalance still has or finds his lovers and I suspect that "blindly tasted" he would get better ratings. So, go ahead, give it a try :)
A sister of Miss Fenjal :D
I've always avoided nonchalance on the drugstore shelf. It is somehow always close to Tosca, which I find very horrible, a stuffy old - people - smell.
Today I sprayed it on for the first time and thought: hey it smells good!
I spontaneously took it with me for little money and sniffed at it again at home. And then another beloved classic: Miss Fenjal. I did not need to sniff for long, there is indeed a resemblance, whereby Fenjal looks fresher. Nonchalance is more mature, but not old.
It's a lovely feminine scent, warm.
I don't really smell any development. From beginning to end I perceive a successful mixture. Bergamot, coriander too. A lot of the flowers, especially iris. And lots of sandalwood.
Great, I'm really a little sad that I thought this fragrance was something like Tosca and therefore passed by for years.
By the way, he is exactly the same age as my mother and therefore has his 60th birthday this year! A real classic
2.5

Tinctureall
A soft and classic blend. Pretty and powdery.
This review is for all four formulations, the original Vintage, and then the Perfume, Eau de Toilette and the Cologne.

Vintage - smooth and classic soft and powdery rose/sandal/ iris or violets sort of perfumey perfume. No surprises here in a good way. It is like every perfume there ever was. It opens a little on the catty side which makes me think it is either too old or there is civet in here. Not much citrus left here either, so probably the former.

P - Softer florals than the vintage version, with possiby a rose/iris combo and creamy woods. Well blended, powdery, soapy and soft.

EDT - Similar to P but more citrussy at the beginning. Unchallenging but pleasant.

C - I think I can smell extra oakmoss as it appears to have a more green and soft aspect than the previous two. Marginal though.

All rather lovely compared to many modern horrors, but probably unadventurous for those seeking anything other than just a nice safe smell. A very good all rounder with a very well constructed classic chassis but no hidden surprises either. Nice but the longevity is poor. Quite surprising for a perfume of this era, and considering the ingredients it is purported to have as its basenotes. Worth a sniff because it isn't expensive and it's a pleasant enough floral woody powdery thing for a spring day.

by Zora
by Friedaherz
by Denoula
by Denoula

Popular Mäurer & Wirtz

Tabac Original (After Shave Lotion) by Mäurer & Wirtz Tabac Original (Eau de Cologne) by Mäurer & Wirtz Tosca (Parfum) by Mäurer & Wirtz Tabac Man Fire Power by Mäurer & Wirtz Culture by Tabac: Egypt Dreams (Eau de Toilette) by Mäurer & Wirtz Tabac Original (Eau de Toilette) by Mäurer & Wirtz Tosca (Eau de Parfum) by Mäurer & Wirtz Tabac Man by Mäurer & Wirtz Tabac Original Craftsman by Mäurer & Wirtz Tabac Original Extrême by Mäurer & Wirtz Nonchalance (Eau de Parfum) by Mäurer & Wirtz Wiener Bouquet bal paré (Eau de Parfum) by Mäurer & Wirtz Tosca (Eau de Cologne) by Mäurer & Wirtz Marrakech Tales (Eau de Toilette) by Mäurer & Wirtz Culture by Tabac: Arena di Roma (Eau de Toilette) by Mäurer & Wirtz Wiener Bouquet (Eau de Toilette) by Mäurer & Wirtz Comma (2012) by Mäurer & Wirtz Wiener Bouquet petit point (Eau de Parfum) by Mäurer & Wirtz Tabac Gentle Men's Care by Mäurer & Wirtz Ravissa (Parfum) by Mäurer & Wirtz