Baghdad ٢ by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi
Baghdad ٢ is a perfume by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is oriental-woody. It is still available to purchase.

SpicesSpices CaramelCaramel HennaHenna Persian saffronPersian saffron RoseRose HoneyHoney Woody notesWoody notes LeatherLeather Indian oudIndian oud SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Hektor, last update on 30.06.2022.

Dark and rosey
A mysterious and dark scent that is noticeably spicy, with a sweetness that is light and with an airy rose. There is also a feel of earthiness in it which makes it more rich and different. It also feels damp, wet and not all that dry. If I had to assign a temperament I would lean to say it is cold and introverted. The mellow sweetness gives it a bit of warmth and and makes it more pleasant. It mellows out and becomes more smooth after the opening. When my order arrived, I liked this more than some others I ordered. On the perfumer's instagram page I saw a video where he comments on it to be his favorite from his Heritage Revolution series.
Orient in its heyday
It is 786 A.D., I find myself in Baghdad in an Arab robe and a turban on my head. From afar I see the domes of the palace of the Caliph Harun Ar Rashid who leads the Arab and Islamic world with sovereignty.
On the way to the market I run with my leather sandals on the sandy soil of the city, past the old mud houses Arriving at the market I am directly captured by a very strong projecting saffron and rose smell. Almost pungent but somehow also pleasant and nostalgic.
The market is so big one almost gets lost. I walk on and manage after 20 min the roses and saffron compartment to leave. Now I am surrounded by spice shops.
The cool winds that pass through the market still carry the saffron rose smell and mix with all the spices here. It is an excellent and unique olfactory experience what is playing out in front of me here.
After 7 hours walking through the great and prosperous city of 1000 and one night, Baghdad I go home to lie in bed and let the day end. My eyes barely close, I find myself here in my bed in Germany. Demotivated, from a dream in which I wanted to live forever, I notice in my right hand an Attar with the name Baghdad 2.
I turn the head of the bottle and am grabbed by the same scent experience that I had in my dream.

Popular by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi

Sheikh Al Faransi (Perfume Oil) by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Amber Ash-Sheikh by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Musk Aswad by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Oud al Amir by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Mukhallat di Corleone by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Mukhallat Badawi by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Oud Assam by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Mukhallat Bushi Sensei by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Hind by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Bosaso by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Oud Cambodi by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Musk Al Andalus by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Oud Al Fares by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Imperial Asiatic Musk by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Baghdad (Perfume Oil) by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Oud Cuiré by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Islamabad by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Musk Tahara Al Faransi by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi Imperial Oud by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi FBI.17 by Maison Anthony Marmin / Abdul Karim Al Faransi