APOM pour Femme (2009) Eau de Parfum

APOM pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle Design: Fred Rawyler

APOM pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still in production.

Orange blossom, Ylang-ylang, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 22.06.2019

Francis Nourhan Kurkdjian, a Frenchman with Armenian roots, has a Libanese grandmother. APOM ("a part of me") is inspired by her narration and his own journeys to Lebanon. Memories of blooming orange trees and the cedar, which is a Libanese national symbol, were used for this olfactory transcription into a perfume.

7.5 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Anything but simple
This is a beautiful white orange blossom that is slightly powdery, just a smidge. It's feminine without being overly sharp, soapy or powdery. It's slightly honeyed but not nearly as sweet as other honeyed Orange Blossom scents (ie. Sweet Redemption). The Ylang-Ylang gives it an almost oriental feel and blends well with the cedar to anchor the orange blossom. In the drydown the cedar comes out a bit more but it's always second fiddle to the florals.

The overall composition is warm and slightly powdery. the three notes listed are deceptively simple. How they interact with each other is anything but simple. The quality of these ingredients is top notch and the art used to blend them shows the touch of a master of his craft. Well worth the money I paid.

The longevity is actually pretty amazing for an orange blossom scent, about 8-10 hours. The sillage is moderate. It's personal but not a skin scent.

May
2014
4.0/10

Solo Loewe After a Sex Surgery
This is Solo Loewe after he won the lottery, got rich and did a sex change surgery. Now he is she, with a little bit of boobs (more synthetic orange flower), but the same overall structure, only with an attitude "Bitch please i'm a new person now". In my opinion, this is a big waste of money.
7.5 2.5 7.5 8.0/10

It Is Full of Stars!!! APOM=apolipoprotein M [ Homo sapiens (human) ]
I wasn't ever going to buy this...I was certain it wasn't for me when I ordered my sample over a year ago...here we are staring at the full luxury bottle on my dresser. Did it! That is sort of the whole story of ths fragrance. Personally, I would never call this one "Sexy", "Sensual", etc. But somehow----it IS Sensual and alluring in it's own right...not necessarily improved on my skin...it just convinced me that I should take it home. Initially, what I detect is a soft, soothing, definitely feminine orange blossom, amber, cedarwood sawdust mixture. Awesomeness in a bottle! This warms up fairly quickly to a soft, comfy orange blossom bouquet with a sensual base of golden amber- does it leave a trail- YES, it's got a bit of sillage to it compared to many other "niche" fragrances. On first try I thought this was "Cute/Femme/Pink Puffy" soooooo NOT me! Into the sample archive it went! Fast forward- trip to Vegas, I know, I know, it is supposed to STAY in Vegas but ...What fantastic fragrance shopping was right in my hotel lobby. The whole Francis K. Line, Killian, Creed, and Serge Lutens to boot- simply orgasmic! Anyway...I originally fell hard for Amyralis but found it quite unruly the next day and it gave me a migraine, sadly. Returned it, but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to add to my growing hommage to Superfine Fragrances collection. And So, I exchanged it for APOM- knowing full-well that it was not "APOM" that would have to smell better to my nose, rather, it was I that would have to change my attitude to fully appreciate it's beauty. First wear of the full bottle, I was filled with regret. Second wear (today) I get it...I added some basic white musk to my skin before 1 spritz of this...Yes! I get it now..."EUROPA< IT IS FULL OF STARS!!!"
10.0/10

Apom - Truly a piece of me
I did until now not even know that APOM - A PIECE OF ME means. All the more surprising, amazed and excited me that this fragrance reflects exactly these words in me. A piece of me! My light, my joy, my soul.....

I'm floating on cloud Apom. This sensual flower cream powder has settled around me and caresses my soul now. It evolves around me, on me and in me a new feeling of Scent. Something intimate, private, yes, almost vulnerable ...
~
You belong to me Apom, I want you to share with anyone! It's as if you were taking my aura to a bright light, to wrap all my thoughts in a cloud of perfume. Yes, just the same as if you were a piece of me. A deeply hidden piece of happiness, a dream, a wish, a hidden talent.
Easy and inspired you pick me up, turning me gently around my own axis and wrap myself in your silky veil of orange blossoms. The bold flowers of ylang and bittersweet hint of cedar act so incredibly feminine and grown on me. I notice no smell great course, except for the fact that you accept with time creamier and finer features than the beginning. But you shouldn´t change anyway, because I like you just how you act to me! I do not care if men like you, because if I carry you, then I'll do it just for me! You are a piece of me!
~
Conclusion:
I level this fragrance as a women's feelgood fragrance. It belongs to the wearer alone, is not to provoke or stir awaken thought. Rather, it highlights the personal inner beauty of the woman, as she sees herself. Not how she is seen by others. A piece of self-consciousness hovers in the cloud of perfume Apoms, a piece of a great woman - just "A PIECE OF ME", the way I like myself most ...
~
Thank you for this liquid compliment, Monsieur Francis Kurkdjian!
10.0 10.0/10

The chastity belt
I really do love this scent! APOM is the acronym for "A piece of me" and that really applies to me. It is just as the sales person said, it matches women with darker complexions better than Aqua Universalis, which suits blonds. It is as if this scent would melt right into my skin making me feel very comfortable and special. I had no clue what the notes have been and am quite surprised to read that there should only be three dominant notes as listed above. No way,that is not all. There is such a creaminess which must stem from white musk. That musk weakens the orangy flavour. Nothing citric, nothing soapy, nothing old-fashioned. That fragrance appears to my nose only soft, creamy, intimate, subtle but with depth. There is something interesting, something unexplicable in this scent which makes you addictive.
So far, so good, but......... the problem with Apom is, that women are easily fascinated by it wheras men do detest it. The first (male) comment I received on apom was that it would smell like strange American bubble-gum (bazooka?) and that it would be very strong. Other women told me that their men find Apom horrible too, even one called it a urinal cake...tsssss. Alright, I dont have the slightest idea of how a male brain is functioning but I do know that this perfume is an invisible chastity belt. No man would ever hit on a woman wearing APOM I believe :-) So that goes out to all those jealous husbands around the world: here you have your next Valentine's gift. To all the strict and preoccupied daddies: Give Apom to your daughter when you think it is getting serious with the boys :-)
But still I am wondering what that bubble-gum touch could be that was detected on me by a male. And it is true, there are hints, tiny, little hints that it reminds me of rootbeer and the bubble-gum flavour winterfresh. Although I neither do like rootbeer nor winterfresh (I hate it actually), I love APOM. Now, is that contradictory or inconsistent? Yep, it is and that is how a female brain is working- doesn't alwas make sense, but one is for sure, APOM makes sense to us. Cheers sisters! :-)

Discussions about APOM pour Femme (Eau de Parfum)

by EveMist