APOM pour homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle Design: Fred Rawyler

APOM pour homme is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Amber, Orange blossom, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.03.2019

Francis Nourhan Kurkdjian, a Frenchman with Armenian roots, has a Lebanese grandmother. APOM stands for "a part of me". It should be inspired by her tales as well as his own journeys in this country. Memories of flowering orange trees and the national symbol of the Lebanon - the cedar - were transferred to this fragrance.

8.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10
"A part of my soul"
Once again, it turns out that a fragrance classified as "male" is much more my own.
Although here, at APOM, I am still missing the female pendant (maybe it will still be found; I would be happy).

MFK as a brand is always good for a surprise: the "Absolue pour le Soir" so praised by male users is too spicy for me, we don't get together; although I love "Grand Soir" so much that I even let it come from Portugal!
(Perhaps the "false nun" here also made sure that we "king children" should not find each other!) Yes, I know: La Donna è mobile!
And I live up to my reputation as a bitch!

FvSpee provided me with a bottling "APOM pour Homme"; and lo and behold: I am thrilled!
The purist in me shines from ear to ear: the "Duracell bunny" hops enthusiastically!
(As a being born in the constellation of the twin I can afford some "mistakes and confusions"!)
Only three scents - and each one for itself is a true joy: this is food for me!

The tenderness of orange blossom has touched me for a long time: it is not without reason that it is classified as "warming the heart" in aromatherapy!
This delicate, fragile, somewhat porcelain-like flower provides so much comfort and warmth - it is worth looking closer and not just at the "fill" of a fragrance.
She caresses, gives comfort and is also here - at "APOM pour Homme" - a luminous opening!
She smoothes out many of the unevennesses that life leaves behind, and opens the senses wide for the golden glow of Amber!
Whoever got to know me here knows how much I learned to love Amber in the last months: besides the resinous spice of incense, this is "a part of me"! A part of me, of my soul, of my heart!
Whether golden shiny or anthracite, almost black glowing: Ambra will always be welcome!
So also here: the porcelain-like orange blossom marries with amber - how beautiful!
Cedar wood holds such an original, rustic secret in itself: the silky shimmering wood, often sanded off by wind, weather and sun, spreads an aroma that not only protects shoes against "stinky feet" (original sound: HSE24) or clothing from moths: it is spicy and invites you to touch, caress - it gives almost original, rustic joy.
Silky silver cedar wood under the hand - a sensual pleasure that evokes a light goose hair: how beautiful!
The cedar, immortalized as a tree in the Lebanese flag, is not only close to Francis Kurkdjian through his grandmother: it is a tree that is indispensable in history: as wood and as a plant for eternity!

"APOM pour Homme" is a soul mate; as a part of my self he lives in me: I will always welcome this fragrance!
More than one liaison until this bottling is empty will not be possible: but this one I will enjoy!
"APOM" - a part of me: exposes my feelings openly and vulnerably; is very, very personal!
5.0 7.5 7.0/10
Coutureguru
Definitely 'A Part Of' someone ...
The creations of Francis Kurkdjian from Le Male for JPG to Green Tea for Arden are many and varied and carry the stamp of a unique mind ... the flavor of true creation. Perfumers are the rock stars of this obsession we call a passion ... and when they come in the magnetically dark eyed classically featured shape of M. Kurkdjian, I say bring on the guitar solo!! Indeed, my favorite Rose fragrance of all time (Rose Barbare) was created by this man ... so I thought it high time I sampled some of the wares from his own collection.

I am sampling both genders of APOM (A Part Of Me) together, and while the femme version becomes too sweet after a lovely initial burst of freshness, the homme version is quite chic and satisfying, except for a nagging mustiness at the top which thankfully doesn't last that long.
When I hold my wrists together and inhale, I get a remarkable likeness to Fleur du Male, another Kurkdjian creation for JPG.
Even though the note pyramid here is quite simple, a look at the listed aroma chemical ingredients contains the usual suspects ... Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellal, Limonene ... but also Benzyl Salicylate which is "an almost colorless liquid with a mild odor described as very faint, sweet-floral, slightly balsamic by those who can smell it, but many people either can't smell it at all or describe it's smell as musky." Being rather hyperosmic to musk, this is no doubt the ingredient that is irritating my nose and unfortunately spoils APOM for me a little.
That said, I can definitely smell the Orange Blossom and Cedar here, which I rather enjoy!

APOM pour homme seems to constantly morph on my skin, running the gamut from something I really like to something that I find irritating ... and back again. It isn't full bottle worthy for me ... but I've definitely enjoyed trying it and find myself intrigued.

I have six more samples from Maison Francis Kurkdjian to try :) ...
3.0/10
Drseid
I Want No Piece Of This Stuff...
I really wanted to like APOM, and based on the notes I really should like it... That said, I am glad I did not blind buy a full bottle, as I actually loathe the stuff. I find the scent very cloying and not at all what I expected. I get an annoying blend of artificial smelling orange flower and amber with musk mixed in for good measure. Projection is quite good here and so is longevity. Bottom line is APOM is not the worst scent I have smelled, not even close. It *is*, however, one of the most disappointing scents I have sampled though. Two big thumbs down and 1.5 out of 5 stars from me.
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10
A Piece Of Me
Who would think the simplistic construction of three notes could create such a romance? Clean crisp cedar, honey-like orange blossom and a rich, warm amber that smells as if it were rubbed vigorously between the perfumer's hands before being placed in the bottle. Despite APOM's basic composition, it is full-bodied and affluent with parfum strength. This may be a horizontal formula, however I'm under the impression that there are base notes of class, sophistication and elegance absolute. Whomever you come into contact with while intimately bound to this fragrance, will certainly be left with a piece of you.

Toreter 9 months ago
Very nice orange (bitter orange¿?) with amber background and cedar. Last lots and smell is very nice. But not expect Orange Sanguine. A+++1
Heja 3 years ago
I never thought that a fragrance with such a simple list of notes could be so wonderful! :)

by Escentric
...... Abendleuchten :) ......
by Oberloser
by Oberloser
APOM - Fotografiert aus dem 19. Stock des Colonia Hauses, bei Freunden, in Köln. Immer wieder ein überwältigender Ausblick.
(A) (P)art (O)f (M)e