APOM pour homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle Design: Fred Rawyler

APOM pour homme is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Amber, Orange blossom, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.01.2019

Francis Nourhan Kurkdjian, a Frenchman with Armenian roots, has a Lebanese grandmother. APOM stands for "a part of me". It should be inspired by her tales as well as his own journeys in this country. Memories of flowering orange trees and the national symbol of the Lebanon - the cedar - were transferred to this fragrance.

Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Definitely 'A Part Of' someone ...
The creations of Francis Kurkdjian from Le Male for JPG to Green Tea for Arden are many and varied and carry the stamp of a unique mind ... the flavor of true creation. Perfumers are the rock stars of this obsession we call a passion ... and when they come in the magnetically dark eyed classically featured shape of M. Kurkdjian, I say bring on the guitar solo!! Indeed, my favorite Rose fragrance of all time (Rose Barbare) was created by this man ... so I thought it high time I sampled some of the wares from his own collection.

I am sampling both genders of APOM (A Part Of Me) together, and while the femme version becomes too sweet after a lovely initial burst of freshness, the homme version is quite chic and satisfying, except for a nagging mustiness at the top which thankfully doesn't last that long.
When I hold my wrists together and inhale, I get a remarkable likeness to Fleur du Male, another Kurkdjian creation for JPG.
Even though the note pyramid here is quite simple, a look at the listed aroma chemical ingredients contains the usual suspects ... Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellal, Limonene ... but also Benzyl Salicylate which is "an almost colorless liquid with a mild odor described as very faint, sweet-floral, slightly balsamic by those who can smell it, but many people either can't smell it at all or describe it's smell as musky." Being rather hyperosmic to musk, this is no doubt the ingredient that is irritating my nose and unfortunately spoils APOM for me a little.
That said, I can definitely smell the Orange Blossom and Cedar here, which I rather enjoy!

APOM pour homme seems to constantly morph on my skin, running the gamut from something I really like to something that I find irritating ... and back again. It isn't full bottle worthy for me ... but I've definitely enjoyed trying it and find myself intrigued.

I have six more samples from Maison Francis Kurkdjian to try :) ...
Scent 3.0/10
I Want No Piece Of This Stuff...
I really wanted to like APOM, and based on the notes I really should like it... That said, I am glad I did not blind buy a full bottle, as I actually loathe the stuff. I find the scent very cloying and not at all what I expected. I get an annoying blend of artificial smelling orange flower and amber with musk mixed in for good measure. Projection is quite good here and so is longevity. Bottom line is APOM is not the worst scent I have smelled, not even close. It *is*, however, one of the most disappointing scents I have sampled though. Two big thumbs down and 1.5 out of 5 stars from me.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
A Piece Of Me
Who would think the simplistic construction of three notes could create such a romance? Clean crisp cedar, honey-like orange blossom and a rich, warm amber that smells as if it were rubbed vigorously between the perfumer's hands before being placed in the bottle. Despite APOM's basic composition, it is full-bodied and affluent with parfum strength. This may be a horizontal formula, however I'm under the impression that there are base notes of class, sophistication and elegance absolute. Whomever you come into contact with while intimately bound to this fragrance, will certainly be left with a piece of you.

Toreter 7 months ago
Very nice orange (bitter orange¿?) with amber background and cedar. Last lots and smell is very nice. But not expect Orange Sanguine. A+++1
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 8.0
Longevity 8.0
Scent 8.0
Heja 3 years ago
I never thought that a fragrance with such a simple list of notes could be so wonderful! :)
Scent 8.0

• by Escentric by Escentric
  • ...... Abendleuchten :) ...... by IrisNobile
  • by IrisNobile by IrisNobile
  • by Oberloser by Oberloser
  • (A) (P)art (O)f (M)e by EveMist
  • APOM - Fotografiert aus dem 19. Stock des Colonia Hauses, bei Freunden, in Köln. Immer wieder ein überwältigender Ausblick. by Escentric
  • by Flanker by Flanker