APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle Design: Fred Rawyler

APOM pour Homme is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Amber, Orange blossom, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.05.2019

Francis Nourhan Kurkdjian, a Frenchman with Armenian roots, has a Lebanese grandmother. APOM stands for "a part of me". It should be inspired by her tales as well as his own journeys in this country. Memories of flowering orange trees and the national symbol of the Lebanon - the cedar - were transferred to this fragrance.

8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

L´Eau de Winnie Pooh - or less is more
APOM pour Homme from the hand of the great Kurkdjian is a fragrance that can lift my mood from the cellar to the top floor within seconds.
In its simple trinity of the pyramid of essences, the fragrance is both simple and yet wonderfully harmoniously composed. The colour of the perfume reflects all the associations I associate with the course of the fragrance.
But why now the name after the probably best known cartoon bear of the world. On the one hand because it has the same colour as APOM, on the other hand because this miracle water works as if it had been matured in a honey pot. Apart from the first few seconds of the opening note, the fragrance is woven with a honey sweetness that lies on the skin like warm sunlight. If you look more closely at honey, you will notice that the flowers of the nectar suppliers are decisive for the taste of the end product. On French markets, for example, there is a diverse variety of flower honey from a wide variety of habitats. From the simple forest or flower honey to the spicier lavender honey, the sugar-sweet nectar differs both in taste and colour. In the kitchen I appreciate this fine sweetness very much and replace almost every sugar with it.
The honey sweetness in APOM clearly comes from an orange blossom. To sum up, the scent for me can be described as a large pot of orange blossom honey, which stands in a glass-covered orangery between trees and the sun shines on its scent in the room spreads. This is the place this wonderful mood enhancer puts me in. Light, orange and yellow tones surround me as well as a juicy green of the leaves and a dark brown of the wood, whereby the scent does not slip unbearably into the sweetness. The discreet wood note provides a mature spice, so that the syrupy heaviness is also well bearable on warmer days I definitely see APOM on the first sunny days of spring, but also in summer with a light breeze and below 25 degrees. Perfect with a white shirt or polo shirt and probably most suitable in a more Mediterranean flair. Here the small honey bear projects 8-10 hours loosely and provides for a sunny light aura in good mood.
Due to the little changing fragrance pyramid only a small point deduction. Otherwise, APOM is nobly composed from start to finish and Kurkdjian proves once again that three fragrance components are completely sufficient to create a first-class fragrance.
8.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

Dusty bundle of flowers
In my commentary on "Lumière Noire pour homme" I talked about a quite versatile fragrance, in which one could smell the individual ingredients, at least almost all of them, wonderfully and knew how to impress their authenticity. Even though I really liked the scent, although I was rather sceptical about the rose, I found that it didn't quite suit me. So I was all the more excited to try out APOM, which is not rarely enough mentioned and recommended here in the forum. He is often presented as the candidate for the summer par excellence. I'm gonna have to get in here. Why? You'll find out now.

The prelude is quite loud and, what a surprise, flowery. It's like sinking your nose as deep as you can into the flower of a flower and breathing intensely to extract all that is so dear to our dear honeybees. This is really a different way to start the fragrance - no citrus note or anything else that has been heard many times before.
After only a few minutes, what some people here in the comment section call "musty" happens. The previously still very loud floridity is brought into line in its intensity and supplemented by a somewhat dusty, for others probably musty, note. Just imagine you're on a flower meadow in midsummer, while it's forcibly dry around you and is being warned everywhere about the highest forest fire level. Every tree, every blade of grass and every flower begs for water and as soon as a car illegally uses the forest road and thus creates a huge cloud of dust, the lovely flowery aroma that our nose hears is covered by that dust. He simply overlays everything and the once juicy flowery one dries out without any mercy.
We don't want our flowers to die after all. Rain is the order of the day and it does nature the favor it so longingly waited for. The dust deposited on the flowers is washed away and our nose hears again what one expects from a flower meadow, namely a transparent, aromatic juiciness that is also airy. But there's more. So read yourself.

We all know the problem. It's dry for days and weeks. Those who live in the countryside must be afraid that forests will burn down through human carelessness and the "bad" weather, which one likes to curse about in autumn or spring because one wants sunshine and warmth, is longed for. And indeed ... it rains and also our flower meadow is now freed from its dust load. Often, however, that rain is only the drop on the hot stone. In the morning the grass may still be juicy, the flowering plants in the garden aromatic, but already in the course of the day it turns out that it was still too little rain that fell in the night.
Our floral splendour dries out again gradually and again a dry dustiness sets in, which takes the airiness away from the floral. Although this is not happening as intensively as before, it is still noticeable. What remains is a floral, rather sweet note, which is accompanied by a portion of "dirtiness". This remains present on the skin for quite a long time and knows how to radiate very strongly for the first few hours. In contrast to the "Lumière Noire pour homme", the fragrance is not quite as spectacular and versatile, but to speak of monotony would be inappropriate for this little water. This slightly "dirty" or "dusty", which can stand out here, legitimizes the declaration of the product as one for the man. Nevertheless, I can well imagine it in a woman.

Oh well, to the opinion of some that this would be a great summer scent, I have to say that I can only partly agree with that. For summer days up to 25 degrees APOM may go well. I find that all this calls for fragrances with more airiness and transparency, and the APOM with its dusty component cannot offer this, which is why I would resort to something else in midsummer
8.0 6.0 6.0 5.0/10

Catch22
He possibly won't take it, guys!
First citric, then balsamic. The change takes place on the skin within about 90 minutes. Both olfactory profiles appear closed in themselves, there is nothing else to discover. The cedar wood does not look as synthetic as usual, and also evaporates visibly, which is good. Maybe it's real (9Euro/100ml, here diluted to about 1% = 9cent/100ml). Also the natural short-livedness of the Neroli (also not exactly expensive) is expressly welcomed, because in such a way over weariness with the otherwise usual smell trees is prevented.

The impression is compact, more inclined to a clearly discernible smell than to an ethereal scent without a namable reason. They lack air, the floating, as it is difficult to bring out with biological raw materials.
And the perfume is not innovative, let alone exciting. It's more qualitative than usual. But then it has a very proud price again. It can hardly be the infamous "ingredients", so that only the special affair of the heart, A Part Of Me, can make the price.

Does the author, F.N. Kurkdjian, reveal something here, does he open himself, does he let the user participate in something essential - because perfumes are to be used? The embassy has flashed past me. As a man who may think too schöde, I can attach just as little value to a perfume as I can to a piano piece without text. It could carry away, if new and unexpected, "dimensions", as it is called in an old hit. But here I rather find a Cologne, which lacks the beautiful fleeting. That it transports stories and / or feelings is probably what I lack the willingness to let my imagination run wild in the direction of Lebanon (?!).

The whole thing, tested in a US-American shopping mile under the assistance of a fragrance consultant, feels fake. I don't take it, I don't buy it - expressions that express more disbelief than that they are related to business
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

APOM Pour Homme ...or femme
Here is my review of APOM Pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Although it is labelled Homme, I found this to be 100% unisex. One of the first from this house I ever tried...

8.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10

"A part of my soul"
Once again, it turns out that a fragrance classified as "male" is much more my own.
Although here, at APOM, I am still missing the female pendant (maybe it will still be found; I would be happy).

MFK as a brand is always good for a surprise: the "Absolue pour le Soir" so praised by male users is too spicy for me, we don't get together; although I love "Grand Soir" so much that I even let it come from Portugal!
(Perhaps the "false nun" here also made sure that we "king children" should not find each other!) Yes, I know: La Donna è mobile!
And I live up to my reputation as a bitch!

FvSpee provided me with a bottling "APOM pour Homme"; and lo and behold: I am thrilled!
The purist in me shines from ear to ear: the "Duracell bunny" hops enthusiastically!
(As a being born in the constellation of the twin I can afford some "mistakes and confusions"!)
Only three scents - and each one for itself is a true joy: this is food for me!

The tenderness of orange blossom has touched me for a long time: it is not without reason that it is classified as "warming the heart" in aromatherapy!
This delicate, fragile, somewhat porcelain-like flower provides so much comfort and warmth - it is worth looking closer and not just at the "fill" of a fragrance.
She caresses, gives comfort and is also here - at "APOM pour Homme" - a luminous opening!
She smoothes out many of the unevennesses that life leaves behind, and opens the senses wide for the golden glow of Amber!
Whoever got to know me here knows how much I learned to love Amber in the last months: besides the resinous spice of incense, this is "a part of me"! A part of me, of my soul, of my heart!
Whether golden shiny or anthracite, almost black glowing: Ambra will always be welcome!
So also here: the porcelain-like orange blossom marries with amber - how beautiful!
Cedar wood holds such an original, rustic secret in itself: the silky shimmering wood, often sanded off by wind, weather and sun, spreads an aroma that not only protects shoes against "stinky feet" (original sound: HSE24) or clothing from moths: it is spicy and invites you to touch, caress - it gives almost original, rustic joy.
Silky silver cedar wood under the hand - a sensual pleasure that evokes a light goose hair: how beautiful!
The cedar, immortalized as a tree in the Lebanese flag, is not only close to Francis Kurkdjian through his grandmother: it is a tree that is indispensable in history: as wood and as a plant for eternity!

"APOM pour Homme" is a soul mate; as a part of my self he lives in me: I will always welcome this fragrance!
More than one liaison until this bottling is empty will not be possible: but this one I will enjoy!
"APOM" - a part of me: exposes my feelings openly and vulnerably; is very, very personal!
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Coutureguru
Definitely 'A Part Of' someone ...
The creations of Francis Kurkdjian from Le Male for JPG to Green Tea for Arden are many and varied and carry the stamp of a unique mind ... the flavor of true creation. Perfumers are the rock stars of this obsession we call a passion ... and when they come in the magnetically dark eyed classically featured shape of M. Kurkdjian, I say bring on the guitar solo!! Indeed, my favorite Rose fragrance of all time (Rose Barbare) was created by this man ... so I thought it high time I sampled some of the wares from his own collection.

I am sampling both genders of APOM (A Part Of Me) together, and while the femme version becomes too sweet after a lovely initial burst of freshness, the homme version is quite chic and satisfying, except for a nagging mustiness at the top which thankfully doesn't last that long.
When I hold my wrists together and inhale, I get a remarkable likeness to Fleur du Male, another Kurkdjian creation for JPG.
Even though the note pyramid here is quite simple, a look at the listed aroma chemical ingredients contains the usual suspects ... Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellal, Limonene ... but also Benzyl Salicylate which is "an almost colorless liquid with a mild odor described as very faint, sweet-floral, slightly balsamic by those who can smell it, but many people either can't smell it at all or describe it's smell as musky." Being rather hyperosmic to musk, this is no doubt the ingredient that is irritating my nose and unfortunately spoils APOM for me a little.
That said, I can definitely smell the Orange Blossom and Cedar here, which I rather enjoy!

APOM pour homme seems to constantly morph on my skin, running the gamut from something I really like to something that I find irritating ... and back again. It isn't full bottle worthy for me ... but I've definitely enjoyed trying it and find myself intrigued.

I have six more samples from Maison Francis Kurkdjian to try :) ...
3.0/10

Drseid
I Want No Piece Of This Stuff...
I really wanted to like APOM, and based on the notes I really should like it... That said, I am glad I did not blind buy a full bottle, as I actually loathe the stuff. I find the scent very cloying and not at all what I expected. I get an annoying blend of artificial smelling orange flower and amber with musk mixed in for good measure. Projection is quite good here and so is longevity. Bottom line is APOM is not the worst scent I have smelled, not even close. It *is*, however, one of the most disappointing scents I have sampled though. Two big thumbs down and 1.5 out of 5 stars from me.
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

A Piece Of Me
Who would think the simplistic construction of three notes could create such a romance? Clean crisp cedar, honey-like orange blossom and a rich, warm amber that smells as if it were rubbed vigorously between the perfumer's hands before being placed in the bottle. Despite APOM's basic composition, it is full-bodied and affluent with parfum strength. This may be a horizontal formula, however I'm under the impression that there are base notes of class, sophistication and elegance absolute. Whomever you come into contact with while intimately bound to this fragrance, will certainly be left with a piece of you.

Toreter 11 months ago
Very nice orange (bitter orange¿?) with amber background and cedar. Last lots and smell is very nice. But not expect Orange Sanguine. A+++1
Heja 3 years ago
I never thought that a fragrance with such a simple list of notes could be so wonderful! :)

by Escentric
...... Abendleuchten :) ......
by Oberloser
by Oberloser
(A) (P)art (O)f (M)e
by EveMist
APOM - Fotografiert aus dem 19. Stock des Colonia Hauses, bei Freunden, in Köln. Immer wieder ein überwältigender Ausblick.
by Flanker