APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle Design: Fred Rawyler

APOM pour Homme is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Amber, Orange blossom, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.10.2019

Francis Nourhan Kurkdjian, a Frenchman with Armenian roots, has a Lebanese grandmother. APOM stands for "a part of me". It should be inspired by her tales as well as his own journeys in this country. Memories of flowering orange trees and the national symbol of the Lebanon - the cedar - were transferred to this fragrance.

10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Nayrobi
sensual, powdery orange blossom scent
Hi folks!

I am a huge fan of MFK and this fragrance was worth buying a whole bottle of it. I find the quality of the MFK fragrances is outstanding, both in the masterly fragrance compositions, the quality of the flavors and also the bottles with the great, unique cap. A true jewel in every collection.
Since I am very selective regarding new purchases and I like to have samples and fillings and test them thoroughly on myself, it doesn't happen so often that I already knew somehow at the first test on paper that the scent could become a candidate to permanently move in with me
It smells wonderfully flowery already on paper, with a sweet orange blossom note and somehow like makeup. Because I'm more of a fan of masculine scents and I'm too powdery scents actually do not like to wear (but in any case like to smell at home for me!), this scent has something sensual and is so sexy that I like to wear it very much and full of pride.
The fragrance has no corners or edges at all, but is ultra smooth, elegant and accessible from start to finish.
The right opportunity to spray on this delight is still a certain "challenge", but since I don't attach great importance neither to compliments nor to the opinion of others (regarding my fragrances), this is just such a fragrance, whose naming couldn't be better.

APOM = a piece of me - says it all and I just feel completely comfortable with it. The intensity in spite of the EdT concentration is really unique - he has such an immense charisma and lasts with me the whole day.

The scent is not very pronounced in comparison, there is something woody to add later, but the first impression (sweet, orange, powder) will last the whole life.

That is perfect for me for cool spring evenings outdoors, feel-good factor high 10.

A beautiful part and I can really recommend it to every Metrosexual man ;)

Love,
Robert
7.0 7.0 9.0 9.0/10

Powerful sensual orange blossom
Now also a comment from me on the APOM. I have tested myself almost through the whole range of MFK and it is one of my favourite brands. In niche in any case, since you get high quality fragrances at still humane prices. Apom is definitely one of the superstars and bestsellers of this brand, with many very well received and there are few fragrances that somehow acidify in the store. I could get almost all of them because I like this DNA from this brand. Kurkdjian has a handwriting, which can be found in many scents, mostly with not too big scent course and not with too many scents. I like it very much.
I already tested this fragrance a few months ago because I ordered a small bottling. I was curious, because I find flowery scents interesting for gentlemen. I have also had the fragrance twin Nikos Sculpture mentioned here in my collection for years. I can say in advance: both go roughly in the same direction, but both also have their own facets.

The price of the fragrance is fair. You can get 70ml for about 120 Euro. Not cheap but reasonably fair for MFK quality. You get a noble bottle and a beautiful noble packaging. Lumiere Noire and Amyris Homme I already have and some may follow.
As it says in the text above: APOM means a part of me and stands for its Lebanese roots. Only 3 fragrances are indicated: Orange blossom, amber and cedar wood. Cedar is the national symbol of Lebanon, which can also be seen on the flag. Whether really only these three are included... you don't know.
The fragrance starts very strong. A challenge for indoor activities and events at the start. That settles from hour two: Then it becomes significantly gentler and stylish and noble. Of course the orange blossom is the star of this composition. It is perceptible over the entire course and in the foreground. Those who do not like this fragrance will not be happy with this fragrance. I like that grade very much. Can I be some situations too much, but often a great sensual touch. Especially from hour two a beautiful summer scent with soft wood and sensual amber. As I said: Those who like a lot of progress will be disappointed here. But normal for small pyramids. I like it.
In my opinion, APM is best in spring and summer. Especially for dates, leisure, evening and outdoor activities. Also in the sun a good companion who comes across noble. Generally, however, a year-round fragrance that leaves a good impression even at cooler temperatures.
Performance is especially extreme at the start and not suitable for everyone. However, the Sillage quickly becomes softer and yet it is easily perceptible for a long time. It lasts a few hours. I'm guessing between 8 and 9 hours.

All in all a great stylish and sensual fragrance that suits some occasions. Thanks to this great orange blossom also unisex-suitable, whereby the ladies version is also very very beautiful. Orange blossom fans must take a test.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

L´Eau de Winnie Pooh - or less is more
APOM pour Homme from the hand of the great Kurkdjian is a fragrance that can lift my mood from the cellar to the top floor within seconds.
In its simple trinity of the pyramid of essences, the fragrance is both simple and yet wonderfully harmoniously composed. The colour of the perfume reflects all the associations I associate with the course of the fragrance.
But why now the name after the probably best known cartoon bear of the world. On the one hand because it has the same colour as APOM, on the other hand because this miracle water works as if it had been matured in a honey pot. Apart from the first few seconds of the opening note, the fragrance is woven with a honey sweetness that lies on the skin like warm sunlight. If you look more closely at honey, you will notice that the flowers of the nectar suppliers are decisive for the taste of the end product. On French markets, for example, there is a diverse variety of flower honey from a wide variety of habitats. From the simple forest or flower honey to the spicier lavender honey, the sugar-sweet nectar differs both in taste and colour. In the kitchen I appreciate this fine sweetness very much and replace almost every sugar with it.
The honey sweetness in APOM clearly comes from an orange blossom. To sum up, the scent for me can be described as a large pot of orange blossom honey, which stands in a glass-covered orangery between trees and the sun shines on its scent in the room spreads. This is the place this wonderful mood enhancer puts me in. Light, orange and yellow tones surround me as well as a juicy green of the leaves and a dark brown of the wood, whereby the scent does not slip unbearably into the sweetness. The discreet wood note provides a mature spice, so that the syrupy heaviness is also well bearable on warmer days I definitely see APOM on the first sunny days of spring, but also in summer with a light breeze and below 25 degrees. Perfect with a white shirt or polo shirt and probably most suitable in a more Mediterranean flair. Here the small honey bear projects 8-10 hours loosely and provides for a sunny light aura in good mood.
Due to the little changing fragrance pyramid only a small point deduction. Otherwise, APOM is nobly composed from start to finish and Kurkdjian proves once again that three fragrance components are completely sufficient to create a first-class fragrance.
8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Dusty bundle of flowers
In my commentary on "Lumière Noire pour homme" I talked about a quite versatile fragrance, in which one could smell the individual ingredients, at least almost all of them, wonderfully and knew how to impress their authenticity. Even though I really liked the scent, although I was rather sceptical about the rose, I found that it didn't quite suit me. So I was all the more excited to try out APOM, which is not rarely enough mentioned and recommended here in the forum. He is often presented as the candidate for the summer par excellence. I'm gonna have to get in here. Why? You'll find out now.

The prelude is quite loud and, what a surprise, flowery. It's like sinking your nose as deep as you can into the flower of a flower and breathing intensely to extract all that is so dear to our dear honeybees. This is really a different way to start the fragrance - no citrus note or anything else that has been heard many times before.
After only a few minutes, what some people here in the comment section call "musty" happens. The previously still very loud floridity is brought into line in its intensity and supplemented by a somewhat dusty, for others probably musty, note. Just imagine you're on a flower meadow in midsummer, while it's forcibly dry around you and is being warned everywhere about the highest forest fire level. Every tree, every blade of grass and every flower begs for water and as soon as a car illegally uses the forest road and thus creates a huge cloud of dust, the lovely flowery aroma that our nose hears is covered by that dust. He simply overlays everything and the once juicy flowery one dries out without any mercy.
We don't want our flowers to die after all. Rain is the order of the day and it does nature the favor it so longingly waited for. The dust deposited on the flowers is washed away and our nose hears again what one expects from a flower meadow, namely a transparent, aromatic juiciness that is also airy. But there's more. So read yourself.

We all know the problem. It's dry for days and weeks. Those who live in the countryside must be afraid that forests will burn down through human carelessness and the "bad" weather, which one likes to curse about in autumn or spring because one wants sunshine and warmth, is longed for. And indeed ... it rains and also our flower meadow is now freed from its dust load. Often, however, that rain is only the drop on the hot stone. In the morning the grass may still be juicy, the flowering plants in the garden aromatic, but already in the course of the day it turns out that it was still too little rain that fell in the night.
Our floral splendour dries out again gradually and again a dry dustiness sets in, which takes the airiness away from the floral. Although this is not happening as intensively as before, it is still noticeable. What remains is a floral, rather sweet note, which is accompanied by a portion of "dirtiness". This remains present on the skin for quite a long time and knows how to radiate very strongly for the first few hours. In contrast to the "Lumière Noire pour homme", the fragrance is not quite as spectacular and versatile, but to speak of monotony would be inappropriate for this little water. This slightly "dirty" or "dusty", which can stand out here, legitimizes the declaration of the product as one for the man. Nevertheless, I can well imagine it in a woman.

Oh well, to the opinion of some that this would be a great summer scent, I have to say that I can only partly agree with that. For summer days up to 25 degrees APOM may go well. I find that all this calls for fragrances with more airiness and transparency, and the APOM with its dusty component cannot offer this, which is why I would resort to something else in midsummer
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

APOM Pour Homme ...or femme
Here is my review of APOM Pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Although it is labelled Homme, I found this to be 100% unisex. One of the first from this house I ever tried...

8.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10

"A part of my soul"
Once again, it turns out that a fragrance classified as "male" is much more my own.
Although here, at APOM, I am still missing the female pendant (maybe it will still be found; I would be happy).

MFK as a brand is always good for a surprise: the "Absolue pour le Soir" so praised by male users is too spicy for me, we don't get together; although I love "Grand Soir" so much that I even let it come from Portugal!
(Perhaps the "false nun" here also made sure that we "king children" should not find each other!) Yes, I know: La Donna è mobile!
And I live up to my reputation as a bitch!

FvSpee provided me with a bottling "APOM pour Homme"; and lo and behold: I am thrilled!
The purist in me shines from ear to ear: the "Duracell bunny" hops enthusiastically!
(As a being born in the constellation of the twin I can afford some "mistakes and confusions"!)
Only three scents - and each one for itself is a true joy: this is food for me!

The tenderness of orange blossom has touched me for a long time: it is not without reason that it is classified as "warming the heart" in aromatherapy!
This delicate, fragile, somewhat porcelain-like flower provides so much comfort and warmth - it is worth looking closer and not just at the "fill" of a fragrance.
She caresses, gives comfort and is also here - at "APOM pour Homme" - a luminous opening!
She smoothes out many of the unevennesses that life leaves behind, and opens the senses wide for the golden glow of Amber!
Whoever got to know me here knows how much I learned to love Amber in the last months: besides the resinous spice of incense, this is "a part of me"! A part of me, of my soul, of my heart!
Whether golden shiny or anthracite, almost black glowing: Ambra will always be welcome!
So also here: the porcelain-like orange blossom marries with amber - how beautiful!
Cedar wood holds such an original, rustic secret in itself: the silky shimmering wood, often sanded off by wind, weather and sun, spreads an aroma that not only protects shoes against "stinky feet" (original sound: HSE24) or clothing from moths: it is spicy and invites you to touch, caress - it gives almost original, rustic joy.
Silky silver cedar wood under the hand - a sensual pleasure that evokes a light goose hair: how beautiful!
The cedar, immortalized as a tree in the Lebanese flag, is not only close to Francis Kurkdjian through his grandmother: it is a tree that is indispensable in history: as wood and as a plant for eternity!

"APOM pour Homme" is a soul mate; as a part of my self he lives in me: I will always welcome this fragrance!
More than one liaison until this bottling is empty will not be possible: but this one I will enjoy!
"APOM" - a part of me: exposes my feelings openly and vulnerably; is very, very personal!
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Coutureguru
Definitely 'A Part Of' someone ...
The creations of Francis Kurkdjian from Le Male for JPG to Green Tea for Arden are many and varied and carry the stamp of a unique mind ... the flavor of true creation. Perfumers are the rock stars of this obsession we call a passion ... and when they come in the magnetically dark eyed classically featured shape of M. Kurkdjian, I say bring on the guitar solo!! Indeed, my favorite Rose fragrance of all time (Rose Barbare) was created by this man ... so I thought it high time I sampled some of the wares from his own collection.

I am sampling both genders of APOM (A Part Of Me) together, and while the femme version becomes too sweet after a lovely initial burst of freshness, the homme version is quite chic and satisfying, except for a nagging mustiness at the top which thankfully doesn't last that long.
When I hold my wrists together and inhale, I get a remarkable likeness to Fleur du Male, another Kurkdjian creation for JPG.
Even though the note pyramid here is quite simple, a look at the listed aroma chemical ingredients contains the usual suspects ... Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellal, Limonene ... but also Benzyl Salicylate which is "an almost colorless liquid with a mild odor described as very faint, sweet-floral, slightly balsamic by those who can smell it, but many people either can't smell it at all or describe it's smell as musky." Being rather hyperosmic to musk, this is no doubt the ingredient that is irritating my nose and unfortunately spoils APOM for me a little.
That said, I can definitely smell the Orange Blossom and Cedar here, which I rather enjoy!

APOM pour homme seems to constantly morph on my skin, running the gamut from something I really like to something that I find irritating ... and back again. It isn't full bottle worthy for me ... but I've definitely enjoyed trying it and find myself intrigued.

I have six more samples from Maison Francis Kurkdjian to try :) ...
3.0/10

Drseid
I Want No Piece Of This Stuff...
I really wanted to like APOM, and based on the notes I really should like it... That said, I am glad I did not blind buy a full bottle, as I actually loathe the stuff. I find the scent very cloying and not at all what I expected. I get an annoying blend of artificial smelling orange flower and amber with musk mixed in for good measure. Projection is quite good here and so is longevity. Bottom line is APOM is not the worst scent I have smelled, not even close. It *is*, however, one of the most disappointing scents I have sampled though. Two big thumbs down and 1.5 out of 5 stars from me.
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

A Piece Of Me
Who would think the simplistic construction of three notes could create such a romance? Clean crisp cedar, honey-like orange blossom and a rich, warm amber that smells as if it were rubbed vigorously between the perfumer's hands before being placed in the bottle. Despite APOM's basic composition, it is full-bodied and affluent with parfum strength. This may be a horizontal formula, however I'm under the impression that there are base notes of class, sophistication and elegance absolute. Whomever you come into contact with while intimately bound to this fragrance, will certainly be left with a piece of you.

Hitchslap 27 hours ago
Definitely powdery, on the feminine side.
It smells niche though and great for fall or cool weather. Too strong for work. Projects and lasts
Toreter 16 months ago
Very nice orange (bitter orange¿?) with amber background and cedar. Last lots and smell is very nice. But not expect Orange Sanguine. A+++1
Heja 4 years ago
I never thought that a fragrance with such a simple list of notes could be so wonderful! :)

by Escentric
...... Abendleuchten :) ......
by Oberloser
by Oberloser
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
by Dawg
APOM - Fotografiert aus dem 19. Stock des Colonia Hauses, bei Freunden, in Köln. Immer wieder ein überwältigender Ausblick.
by Flanker