Absolue Pour le Soir (2010)

Absolue Pour le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Bottle Design: Fred Rawyler

Absolue Pour le Soir is a popular perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is animal-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Benzoin, Cumin, Rose honey, Sandalwood, Frankincense, Ylang-ylang, Cedarwood

Submitted by Profumo, last update on 13.01.2019

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Skank Fest
Let me say I can appreciate a good quality fragrance & this is one of them, however it is also out of place.. What I mean by that is, I literally do not know when to wear this fragrance because it is not flexible at all...

This is one of the most dirtiest, skank filled creations I have ever smelled... Totally putrid! As a major fan of amber, I detest it here.... I don't know what they were trying to pull off here but I simply cannot...

If you enjoy loud, nasty, out of place, skank fest fragrances, this is for you! One place I would wear this is before intimacy, tho I am scared this would run the other person in the opposite direction seeking Holy Water to cleanse themselves. Good quality, not so good juice.
Scent 8.5/10
Too bad about the cumin
Unfortunately it has cumin in it and this spoils it for me completely. You can smell it at the start and the whole way through until the dry down. I don't get the allurement of cumin. It's downright sweat to my nose. Who wants to smell like they forgot to wash themselves for let's say one year? I wished they would get rid of cumin in perfumery all together..... (I'm sorry cumin lovers).

--------
Dear Mr. Kurkdjian,
Could I please have a bottle of Absolue Pour le Soir without cumin in it? Pretty please with sugar on top?
Yours faithfully,
an admirer
Scent 9.0/10
A smoothed out CDG
I had to take my time to enjoy this scent a few wearings before writing a review on it, lost in its smoky amber coloured haze each wearing, like an opium addict I couldn't find the words to describe this beauty. I shall not bore you by going through the complexity of the notes and accords but to say with confidence that they are all in the choir and pull their individual weights with aplomb. This is like the original CDG but with the rough edges smoothed out by the buttery yalng ylang and the creamy sandalwood. Honeyed, dark, spicy and smoky, I think it would wear well on both sexes, more alluring and mysterious on a woman, more engaging and charming a man. Sillage and longevity match up to the Amouages I've tried and loved, basically fantastic for both, in a word. Not for those who enjoy light, delicate scents. Not for the faint-hearted. Not for those who didn't enjoy the original CDG. A masterpiece from a great nose!
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Tar
Fuddled and archaic
A really brave fragrance is housed in the bottle of ABSOLUE POUR LE SOIR. A fuddled, honeyed, woody fragrance, suits to a whiffering gentleman, who sits in a room furnished with time-worn chattels. The first impression in the bottle and on paper is almost like dried fig in cognac + honey.

This scent spreads in the air generously, this broadness is inherent till the end, the wearer should be strong and calm, otherwise ABSOLUE POUR LE SOIR would be dissonant on his skin. I write "his" skin, actually a woman can wear this fragrance, but I would not encourage ladies to do so, and list of owners also shows that this perfume most probably has more benefits on masculine skin. Well, ladies, who are able to wear this fragrance, are actually enough strong, and do not need encouragement.

Later on the old woods are more quiet, but the drunken honey remains till the very end. Wear it carefully, and sample it before you buy.
Scent 6.0/10
Spoiled by the Cumin ...
This fragrance contains some of my favorite notes ... I love Sandal and Cedar and I REALLY love resins like Frankincense and Benzoin. Unfortunately I really abhor Cumin ... to some it may provide an 'animalic' feel ... on my skin it just smells like three day old sweat ... UGH!

The Cumin here is upfront and dead center ... from the initial spray of this fragrance all the way through to the dry down, but less forcefully so once said arrives. Now ... I know that the inclusion of various animal secretions (Castoreum - 'beaver butt', Civet - 'cat butt' and Musk - 'deer butt' according to Katy Puckrick) are a way to 'sexualise' the way certain perfumes smell, ostensibly geared toward the emission of pheromones attractive to the opposite sex.
Personally, I have no desire to be found attractive by any of the above named creatures ... let alone a bottle of spice!! Cumin smells like stale sweat to me ... pure and simple. It's the reason I can't wear many a Lutens ... and it's the reason that my little sample of Absolue Pour le Soir will probably outlast me.
Now I know that there are regulations against natural animal products and rightfully so ... but this particular spice doesn't come anywhere close to the Civet in Blonde, for example. Whether natural or not, the exclusion of that ingredient would have rendered a bombshell of a fragrance merely another heavy white floral ... no more femme fatale naughtiness! Unfortunately, to my nose, Cumin has no depth ... just 'stank'!!!
The other notes here fight valiantly to be heard ... a sweet, distant Rose ... gorgeous woods and resins creating a lovely, warm Amber feeling ... but alas, they are all smothered by 'unwashed armpit'.

I've given this fragrance a decent 60% rating ... but that's simply because I appreciate its masterful construction. I find many of M. Kurkdjian's fragrances fascinating, and hold his work in high regard. I just won't ever be wearing this one.
Scent 10.0/10
new landmark in perfumery
It's a beautiful, warm and radiant perfume for evening or night wear. Honeycomb from Mt Olympus, at dawn.

Very complex and delighful. And I must say, I think this perfume primarely targets very experienced perfume fans, cause this has the complexity(and the high class) of a Guerlain masterpiece (although the style is original, not Guerlain-like). Not an easy to pull off everyday perfume, not a perfume "perfect for gifts". And it's not "a clean scent" (oh, how I like this aspect...)
This is a selfish lavishing super-luxury indulgence for your nose.

Absolutely addictive. Get a sample and wear it for an evening- on your skin. Describing the smell won't do it justice, your own sense of smell will tell you more.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
A foreign insect - admired from afar
I like this scent ... but cannot truly make it my own. For good reason it is classified as unisex, harmonious on a man, a bit incongruous on a woman, at least on me. I can admire the scent when dealing with it as it is housed inside the bottle, but not as an extension of myself.
Right from the beginning there is this thick honeyed brandy flavor and I would describe the scent as gourmand if it were not for the tobacco leathery note that is creeping forward. Pleasant enough, images of a smoke filled country club setting come to mind. An exclusive country club where business and other worldly matters are discussed in rich and elegant leisure.
For those who like this scent, adorn yourselves with it. The experience of sniffing was rewarding, but we will part ways when the sample (from a nice member) is finished.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Honeyed Musk...
I get a very dark animalic musk opening that is quite overpowering right out of the gate. The musk then develops to include a deep honeyed accord with even a tobacco leaf-like rose undertone. The sweetness level straddles the line between sweet and "too sweet". Absolue pour le Soir finishes off with the honeyed musk adding sandalwood to the base and sweetening even a bit further. Projection and longevity are both outstanding.

Absolue pour Le Soir is a nice smelling scent if you like your scents on the animalic side, but I confess it really is not my kind of thing and can be a bit overpowering if you are not careful with its application. I can appreciate the skill that went into its creation, but I personally wouldn't want to wear it in most situations. For those that are into animalic musk scents this one should definitely be on your short list to sniff, but I prefer Musc Ravageur by Malle in the Musk category personally. I recommend Absolue pour Le Soir with some hesitation, but it is a solid composition that I'll give 3 to 3.5 stars out of 5.
Liquid Incense
In the case of Pour Le Soir, a memory of Lord's Jester Daphne was triggered. This is liquid incense in a nutshell, but far too complex to be summarized. In the opening, you get the effect of incense when it is first lit, minus the elements of fire and smoke. Ironically Perfume means "through smoke." More so the latin translation "perfumum." It took a little longer than average to find my way to the base notes being that this perfume is extremely potent. For those of you who thought Clinique Aromatics Elixir and Opium for Women were strong, experience this and your opinion may be subject to change. After time the smoke begins to clear and honey is revealed, but it is not alone. The rose seems to be blossoming nearby, but overpowered by everything else. The Ylang Ylang is always present, yet doesn't deliver it's full essence in the end. I suppose that part of the incense burned out. What remains? Earthy-balmy sandalwood, whispers of cedar and a little honey to smooth it all over. The dry down is somewhat the eye of the storm. Pour Le Soir starts out vivid and concludes in a state of warmth and tranquility.

Alex1984 16 months ago
Absolutely beautiful honey note! Warm, human, emanating through the pores of a heated lover. Rose nectar, spices, sandalwood! Orgasmic!+5
Bottle 9.0
Sillage 9.0
Longevity 9.0
Scent 9.0
MrFumejunkie 16 months ago
I much prefer the smell of post coital sex multiplied by a Roman orgy to absolu pour le soir' s pissy stinker. golden showers much?? pass..+5
Lexa 2 years ago
Cat piss,excuse my french+3
Hermesh 2 years ago
Wild animal that rages in a cage and constantly threatens to break out. Exciting to observe how this unpredictable play ends!+4
Bottle 7.5